This is a place where anyone should feel safe to show up as their full selves and feel good about the style choices they make. Whether you started selling recently or a long time ago, the, Read More Best Poshmark Pricing and Selling Fees GuideContinue, Over $10,000 in prizes available! Choices like this keep the circular economy going its kinder to people and the planet. Length 10 By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Depop has been working on a new payment method for what seems like years and years. I decide to make this video in hopes that it will clear up some questions for you. Theyre only providing an outlet for individuals to use. Work-flow can help the Cash-Flow. Remember to hit the Like button on any items you love, too - not only will this bookmark them in your likes, itll also help the app learn more about what kind of items youre interested in seeing. Designer. A responsible seller is very unlikely to receive any disputes. We offer both PayPal and Depop Payments to give our users more flexibility while buying and selling on Depop. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page. Shop around by looking for the item, or something similar, on both apps before finalizing a purchase. Even without a PayPal account, you are still covered by PayPal Buyer Protection if you use PayPal checkout. Many customers might make a cheap offer just to see what they can get. Poshmark is the thrift store where people are selling brand name items that you can get for a deal. Vintage. If you need to ship your Xbox, whether because you're selling online, moving, or gifting, you may be wondering how you can ship it and what is the cheapest way to do it. Payment Depot offers 24/7 customer support via phone and email. In that case, the buyer will be advised to return the item using tracked postage before you can issue a refund of the full sale price, excluding the shipping fee. All zippers fully functional. Also, there's a PayPal transaction fee of 2.9% + $0.30 in the USA and 2.9% + 0.30 in the UK. If you were hoping for a large reduction in fees as a result we are sorry to dissapoint you! If youre specifically looking for vintage, you might have better luck on Depop. This might seem like a hefty fee if youre selling something for $5, but knowing this set fee can help you in the long run. The fee will be taken from your connected PayPal account or the card you are using on your Depop account. Why don't you give this a go for me by following these steps? You can set filters to certain sizes, categories, conditions, colors, brands, and, of course, prices. I'm not sure if that's still applicable or if paypal was just weird and would allow that. Commission usually includes a percentage of the shipping charge and transaction fee. More payment options mean even more potential customers for your shop. Each PayPal transaction currently costs 3.49% + $0.49. You can read our depop fee guide here to learn more about depop fees. But there are still some benefits to choosing one platform over the other. Shoot your item on a clear background to keep your buyer's attention on the item. Offering free shipping is a plus, too, if you want to sell your item faster. Cookies help us customize the PayPal Community for you, and some are necessary to make our site work. I have already shipped the item to the buyer but haven't had any money through. Depop's commission fees are a low 10%, regardless of the listing price, which is partly why the platform is such an attractive option to sellers. I haven't sold on Depop in a bit so I wanted to ask with all the new updates if you're able to use the money from a sale to pay for the shipping label. Or maybe youre looking for styles that are 100% you? Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Depop Selling Fees For each item sold, Depop automatically charges a standard 10% fee on the total transaction amount including the cost of shipping. For example, I remember being able to use the pending deposit from a sale on Paypal towards paying for the shipping label. However, pricing your item right doesn't mean that you should compromise your earnings. I one hundred percent agree and hate Depop payments because of the withholding process. Posh Parties revolve around themes, like certain styles or accessories, and you can see new sellers and items that way. Why should I get a PayPal account? However, you have to look more into what youll actually make from Depop. You also don't have to worry about signing up and paying straight away to test our bot. Sell your old clothes and replace them with new-to-you, secondhand finds. Arranging a return is easy. I've seen many accounts saying they don't accept paypal payments anymore, and I'm not sure if that's related to this or not. There are no surprises when youre getting paid out. You dont get paid until the item ships to the customer and they accept delivery. 2. Trainers. Lets be real, you probably dont care what method is used to get you your money as long as it lands in your hands as soon as possible. Here is the Depop fee breakdown: DEPOP FEE BREAKDOWN The Depop fees are 10% + Paypal fees Paypal fees are 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction (US) - Ship With Depop Dropoff': Ship through Depop with Hermes, dropping off your parcel at one of their dropoff points (Mainland UK only - England, Wales, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scotland excluding the Scottish Highlands). Press J to jump to the feed. When youre considering Depop vs Poshmark, look at your items with a critical eye. My depop payments is also suspended in limbo for the past week or so. Now that you have equipped yourself with the tips on avoiding receiving return requests and processing a refund for your buyers, you can now focus on growing your business and boosting your sales. Do thorough research on your item if you are unsure of its authenticity. Depop has unique, vintage, and rare clothes like youd find at a cool thrift store. Most sellers get excited when they see the Depop selling fees are just 10%, regardless of how much the item sells for. A major plus for Depop payments is that you get the money as soon as your item sells. One of the easiest ways to save on costs is by saving on your shipping cost. Our global community buys, sells and connects to make fashion more inclusive, diverse and less wasteful. Learn More. Depop payments takes about 2 working days to process your payment before it is sent to your bank account. For example, if you are in the US, the standard Paypal fee is around 3.49% + $0.49. Its flat-out fun to browse on this app, and youll most likely find at least one item you cant live without. Verify your information with Paypal (banks, cards, email, etc). While one sale may not make too much of a difference, the fees can add up if you sell regularly. Once you've sent a refund, you can't cancel it. Learning about both Poshmark and Depop will help you understand each site. While the framework of both sites is similar, you may wonder which is better in terms of Depop vs Poshmark. NO PAYPAL. Be on top of this by keeping an eye on your email for any letter coming from PayPal. Depending on the buyer's dispute, you may give them a partial or a full refund in your app or with the help of Depop Support. Now you have the know-how on how selling at Depop works, and youre ready to get listing and start selling for yourself. When you receive a dispute, always resolve it with the buyer before involving Depop. So this new payment system will mean quicker access to your money. Thanks for any help, Thank you. While some have a specific budget to follow, some would also consider buying an item if it is reasonably priced. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site. Aside from claiming that an item is authentic when it's not, Depop's guidelines prohibit selling fake or counterfeit items. As of January 22, 2023, USPS Regional Boxes were discontinued. Signed up already? Paying for shipping labels depop payments vs paypal I haven't sold on Depop in a bit so I wanted to ask with all the new updates if you're able to use the money from a sale to pay for the shipping label. Preloved. While you can do many things to avoid receiving a buyer return request from your sold items, here are some of the key points that you should remember when listing on Depop. So what do you need to know as a buyer and seller on Depop? If youre a Poshmark seller or want to become one, you need to consider how much selling on the platform will cost. DEPOP PAYMENTS ONLY. Depop payment: Get paid via PayPal or through Stripe using Depop Payments. The item is significantly not as described (Incorrect sizes, colors, counterfeit, has severe damage, significant wear or flaws, incorrect item/s, missing items in bundles). Slightly stretchy too! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Strictly keep all your transactions in-app while using Depop Payments. When you sell an item, Depop will automatically charge the 10% fee on the total transaction amount (including shipping costs). Be sure to read through its description and check the sizing to be sure its what youre looking for. It is intelligent software that can help you list items across platforms easily. Lets start by introducing what Depop is. Please note that transaction fees may vary based on your location and PayPal account setup. You might feel like youre getting a deal on clothes, but dont forget shipping costs. If you can, try to settle the issue with the buyer first to prevent an issue from being raised with PayPal. Depop Payments will empower sellers to increase their chances of selling by giving buyers more ways to pay. If youre selling an item on Poshmark for more than $15, the company takes a 20% commission fee. For American sellers, they take an additional 2.9% fee plus $0.30. All US sellers will need to sign up by 10 January 2022. Youll benefit from taking better pictures, having a title that shares a lot of information, and a competitive listing price. Hi does anyone know how to verify your PayPal account for selling items on depop? However, the site maximizes this option by giving you the ability to offer your item in return. The names List Perfectly, Vendoo, Crosslist, Poshmark, Tradesy, Mercari, Depop, Grailed, Facebook Marketplace, eBay, Kidizen, and Etsy, as well as related names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of their respective owners. Take a picture using a square format to ensure that it is sized correctly. Maybe youve got some questions about how selling works for Depop users. Simply head in-app, go to the Selling hub and tap the banner. - Ship With Depop: Ship through Depop with USPS (mainland USA only). Both platforms have search bars so you can enter terms and find exactly what youre looking for. I get alot of questions when it comes to depop and paypal fees. welcome to. Depop is about celebrating creativity by wearing it. To process a refund for a transaction paid using Depop Payments: If you issued a full refund on a whole transaction using the app's refund button, the shipping label would also be automatically refunded to you. When you buy online, youre supporting people instead of companies with poor working conditions. In addition to this, you can decide on a reasonable price but let your buyers know that you accept offers. Answer (1 of 3): No, it is not possible to use Depop without a PayPal account. Before posting and pricing your items, you must also consider other Depop selling fees and PayPal transaction costs. Aside from dodging copyright issues, posting the actual photos of your item also help set your buyers' expectation. You will also be charged a standard transaction fee by either of PayPal or Depop Payments of around 2.9% + /0.30. Fees on Depop are very straightforward. Designer. It will show up on your bank statement when the seller fees are debited from your account. Prior to this rollout, PayPal did all the processing for your purchases or sales. Interested in selling on Depop? Poshmark has a set shipping fee of $7.45. They don't actually sell anything on their own; rather, they act as a middleman between Depop sellers and customers, enabling people to set the retail price of their goods and locate potential customers, all while providing a reliable and secure platform that lowers the risk of being duped or overcharged for . Payment Depot credit card processing works for mobile, terminal, ecommerce, and POS transactions. Furthermore, the OneShop app gives you access to a helpful and fun community when you sign-up. Ensure to ship orders to the address on the Depop receipt. Poshmark has an option for people to make offers for your items, similar to bidding on eBay. Both sites charge more for shipping internationally, but domestic purchases usually have a flat shipping rate. I am dealing with the same thing $116 stuck in my Depop Balance with no estimated payout date.