Some of these items ship sooner than the others. The Velvet Underground & Nico is the debut album by the American rock band the Velvet Underground and German singer Nico, released in March 1967 through Verve Records.It was recorded in 1966 while the band were featured on Andy Warhol's Exploding Plastic Inevitable tour. THIS IS A DEDICATED MONO MIX. 'All Tomorrow's Parties' is particularly strange, but I love it! This collection of strange, art-pop rock masterpieces is beautiful, from dreamy 'Sunday Morning' through to enigmatic, droning 'Venus in Furs' and narcotic-odyssey of 'Heroin'. 's first disc contains a REMIXED version of the stereo album, four alternate takes ("All Tomorrows Parties," "Heroin," "European Son" and "I'll Be Your Mirror") and an instrumental take of "All Tomorrow's Parties." View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1967 Vinyl release of "The Velvet Underground & Nico" on Discogs. Please try again and contact us if this error persists. As far as how good the remastering is, I can't tell with the loud racket of the disc spinning in my player. 171 on Billboard's album chart. . Ended: 01 Mar, 2023 20:39:31 AEDST. It was also pressed onto vinyl for a run of 5,000 copies also sold on Record Store Day Black . - secure account login Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2022. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for THE VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO - BUTTON PIN BADGE (1.5" / 38mm) at the best online prices at eBay! Etsy. Today, the Velvets' influence looms larger than ever, and the 50th anniversary edition of The Velvet Underground and Nico demonstrates that this incomparable album retains every bit of its original power and beauty. Unable to add item to List. Everything Releases Artists . These technologies are used for things like personalised ads, to limit how many times you see an ad, to understand usage via Google Analytics, to understand how you got to our web properties, to ensure that we understand the audience and can provide relevant ads But for most of the band's actual existence, they barely registered on mainstream radar. The voice of Nico melts you away with the contrasting voice of Lou Reed . The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. The Vinyl Factory is the worlds foremost vinyl enterprise. , Number of discs THE VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO ANDY WARHOL MV-2060 JAPAN ORIGINAL Ver. - Cover shows some yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging. Rain (Version 1)" and "Hey Mr. Regarding the technical merits of the album, the improved sound quality/reproduction of SHMCD the limitations of the original tapes are clearly evident throughout. 171 on Billboard's album chart. Las reviews tienen razn, el audio es de un CD, y se puede escuchar el ruido de fondo en las canciones, no en el vinyl, las canciones. NEW SEALED 180 gram LP. Buy The Velvet Underground Vinyl Records and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! Very sixties great songs. Vinyl. !, si solo lo quieres tener ah para escuchar y solo te gusta, pues adelante, tan mal no est. With Warhol credited as producer, The Velvet Underground and Nico is one of the most auspicious debut albums in rock history. Search for items or shops . Only problen was I got so excited that it was a peelable skin that when I took the shrink wrap off it peeled the banana unceremoniously. Was a rollercoaster of emotions. (2) Please do NOT bid based on the title bar, subtitle bar or item specifics box alone; instead, please read the entire description and grading before bidding; (3) Absolutely NO order cancellations after the auction closes. 1,152.96 Label : VERVE. My thoughts on. Free delivery for many products! Yellowing is also noted on the INSIDE gatefold, Visible shelf wear noted on the bottom seam, Cover has some fraying/wear along the spine and the top seams, Cover has all four corners slightly worn (nothing significant), Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING. Some restrictions apply. VINYL LOVERS 900051. Just turn the lights out, sit back, relax and let the music soothe the soul. [{"displayPrice":"$48.99","priceAmount":48.99,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"48","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"99","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"obvT2%2FLJCez6YPC5u%2BWttTjR4PNTMgYO0cYENC0FcBiuA6hbTz%2FBX7SQvGOUoWb0fty7CgcT2MrpWK90uSkc7mNnYwfCJ%2FCnUm1G3mwm%2BylOMwtgaDPp9xdfQPkEaDvemMoKr%2BfeiEmtBO8pFgtUjGF29DXWKe43hwhzbm4uyJdyJpDUXyaXzw%3D%3D","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW"},{"displayPrice":"$44.99","priceAmount":44.99,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"44","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"99","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"EtFa4%2FvcZTY4oYPEo%2FmWVnQKivRXgFrhszJ8Luv4dv1IfLhi4lkEoHcGR4HXZ0s1oWzNanTOXW%2B74bzou4hgvpKjaKjJCNeuRmfx1ybiSlAZ6PFWsJpyJpEOaHYeobNS4pSC%2FSGGGJc5%2BkaPbwwA787vbVi94euAZhk00xPWxdywMOBgRke%2BngMwjOiiNMZ4","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"USED"}]. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid. ZU VERKAUFEN! To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid. - showing relevant, targeted ads on and off our web properties Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. At such a high price point for just the album (not too mention having to then shell out for the separate releases to get the bonus material), I don't see this format becoming successful like blu-ray did for movies. I was also impressed with Nico's contributions to the controlled noise fests that bookend the concert, belying tales that she was only interested in her "spotlite" performances. sets, but an unquestionably historic document, nonetheless. Dreamies - Auralgraphic Entertainment Original LP Sealed Psych Experimental (#334670970818), Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz Mono LP Riverside VG++ (#234905069152). Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer. (The others are from acetate, probably that one), but all to say the sound quality is much better than what has been on the internet. There are three versions of the back cover of the original American release: 1st - Has an image of actor Eric Emerson projected upside-down on the wall behind the band. (6) Yes, we DO combine shipments. . The new 45 year anniversary double "deluxe" version which I just bought has the stereo As always Amazon mixes reviews of different versions. R.E.M. Physically, it is beautiful. 13 spot on Rolling Stone's list of the top 500 albums of all time, and is included in the Library of Congress' prestigious Recording Registry, established "to maintain and preserve sound recordings and collections of sound recordings that are culturally, historically or aesthetically significant." . Having ticked off 1967's The Velvet Underground & Nico (in 2012) and White Light/White Heat (2013) , the album under the microscope this year is the band's third album, The Velvet . There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Waiting for the third copy of this record to arrive. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. While very few bought this on its first release, it has been stated that everyone who got one wanted to start a band - and many did. 149.00. In its first year "The Velvet Underground & Nico" appeared in several versions. Please Note: Orders that are less than $125 are not guaranteed to ship via FedEx. . The first disc contains the original stereo album and seven bonus tracks. Seems like a good pressing to get if you don't want to break the bank but want a decent sound. | Try Prime for unlimited fast, free shipping, "A Guide To The DELUXE & SUPER DELUXE Velvet Underground EDITIONS", Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2014. Mono pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its stereo counterpart. VELVET UNDERGROUND SAME MGM 23MM0192 JAPAN VINYL LP. - The cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. Value: $6,201. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the band's game-changing debut LP The Velvet Underground and Nico, on June 30, 2017, UME is releasing a special vinyl edition of the album that preserves its . We do this with social media, marketing, and analytics partners (who may have their own information theyve collected). We work hard to protect your security and privacy. VELVET UNDERGROUND THE QUINE TAPES V.1 3 MONO LP BOX SET 2010 LOU REED PSYCH, Loaded [LP] by The Velvet Underground (Record, 2020), VELVET UNDERGROUND VU VERVE 23MM0432 JAPAN VINYL LP, VELVET UNDERGROUND SAME MGM 23MM0192 JAPAN VINYL LP, VELVET UNDERGROUND WHITE LIGHT / WHITE HEAT VERVE 23MM0190 JAPAN VINYL LP, The Velvet Underground " Loaded " LP { Please Read! Probably my best find to date and it's great to hear this on an original pressing even if mine is a bit noisy at times with its crackling and occasional pops. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Probably my best find to date and it's great to hear this on an original pressing even if mine is a bit noisy at times with its crackling and occasional pops. The Velvet Underground, Nico - Sunday . So, these are indeed a "holy grail" item. Also, Mos snare drum and Lous voice sounded more realistic on the 85 pressing. The Velvet Underground and Nico: Directed by Andy Warhol. Shop The Velvet Underground & Nico Records at The Sound of Vinyl Now. . Belonging to the founder of The Velvet Underground Appreciation Society, who acquired the signatures of all five band members, as well as that of Warhol himself between 1979 and 1984, the first edition copy still has the peelable banana artwork laregly intact and is expected to fetch upwards of $6,000. 10 watching. Knew it was one of their more popular one's so I thought I'd try it and like it alot. Of the two, the bottom seam was delicately taped by the previous owner with a piece of transparent scotch tape, - Cover has some light ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 4. $11.45 shipping. THE VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO. far exceeding in musical and historical importance EVEN the most important albums by The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin or The Doors. "I Heard Her Call My Name" is an alternate version, "Stephanie Says" and "Temptation Inside Your Heart" were previously available on the, compilation, "Guess I'm Falling In Love (instrumental version)," "Hey Mr. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. Theres literally no torso. . It is exciting to hear Lou sing "Heroin" from the Spectre sessions with the opening line "I know just where I'm going" instead of "I don't know just where I'm going." I actually think this sounds really good- Considering this is a poor recording, as evident on Run Run Run and Femme Fatale. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for The Velvet Underground & Nico Lp V65008 Peeled Banana 1967 Lou Reed Andy Warhol at the best online prices at eBay! That's so cool, I wonder how stuff like that happens. The shot is restored to its original glory on the 50th anniversary edition, along with a replica of the black sticker that was once used to obscure the disputed image. Velvet Underground memorabilia is rarer than memorabilia from other bands, as they did not last long with the original members and their first album didn't sell when it came out in 1967. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 28, 2015. . The voice of Nico melts you away with the contrasting voice of Lou Reed . Venus in furs now, can hear all the bells, violin etc, I have no complaints. In the original torso pressing, there are clearly defined arms that hang down on either side of the band whereas the airbrush rendition has the arms and face . 12.99. Superfast shipping. I watched M45s video on this and i think hes never heard this album before if he thinks this is complete dogshit. Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable). In fact, the rock circus has gone full circle a few times in the department of how a rock album should be, and have always returned here, like it was a fountain of youth. Would recommend it to anyone interested in trying their music. : This review is an honest frank and full assessment of this record. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. (1) The year indicated in the title bar is the year of the original release, NOT necessarily the year of the actual pressing; for the actual generation of the pressing, please see our item description (top section, text in red letters). I have a few other Pure Audio discs & they do sound stellar (and yes I do think they're better than SACD or vinyl), however this disc is a big disappointment. NICO - THE Velvet Underground & Nico - Nico CD 7CVG The Cheap Fast Free Post - EUR 7,54. With such essential numbers as "Heroin," "I'm Waiting for the Man," "Sunday Morning," "Venus in Furs," "The Black Angel's Death Song," "Femme Fatale," "All Tomorrow's Parties" and "I'll Be You Mirror" (the latter three featuring Nico's haunting lead vocals), the album chronicles a seamy urban milieu that had never before been documented in popular music, while also exploring a gentler baroque pop sensibility that provides a complementary contrast to the album's harsher insights. or Best Offer. See original listing. Feel free to stick around, or you can also shop our UK store, which has slightly different product offerings. The Velvet Underground & Nico by The Velvet Underground - $25,000. The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico LP Vinyl . By Paul Sinclair. Comment: **VERY GOOD Condition, Official Velvet Underground / Nico [Limited Edition Andy Warhol Peelable Banana Cover Art], Studio/Factory Release, Your purchase qualifies for Amazon Prime Shipping. Flawless transference from mastertape to modern vinyl. 5 stars. All the bonus tracks, especially those previously released, have benefited greatly from the new remastering. The Velvet Underground & Nico (Yellow Limited Edition), Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity', Rolling Stone's Greatest Records of All Time. Check out the newest Music Direct catalog. It is one of only two albums that I know of that names the cover designer rather than the band or the record's title on the front (the other being Swedish band bob hund 's 1996 LP " Omslag: Martin Kann ".) Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. - personalized search, content, and recommendations This album is another top selection of mine . Shipping on Orders over $50. *Ground shipping to the 48 contiguous states only (FPO/APO excluded). Her . Signed in person in black felt pen and biro, it reads Lou Reed, Best wishes Phil, John Cale in 81, Moe Tucker Loves, Andy Warhol, loves Sterling Morrison, and Do or Die, Nico., As the description on the lot reads: It is incredibly rare to have all five band members signatures on their historic debut album, and the additional presence of Warhol makes it all the more special.. Regarding the technical merits of the album, the improved sound quality/reproduction of SHMCD the limitations of the original tapes are clearly evident throughout. Click & Collect. ATLANTIC K40113 (GREAT GERMAN ISSUED ROCK LP), THE VELVET UNDERGROUND WHITE LIGHT/WHITE HEAT UK LP, JOHN CALE ~ "GUTS" Sealed 8 track tape velvet underground, THE VELVET UNDERGROUND ~ S/T LP ~ MGM SE-4617 Stereo ~ ORIG. danielkov86, Jan 11, 2023. BID NOW. Something went wrong submitting the contact form. Nevertheless, the recording had no place in a landscape soon to be dominated by San Francisco psychedelics and high-concept . The cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. All Rights Reserved. One day soon we will have. Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items . (11) This seller will accommodate all reasonable requests and is generally a flexible and agreeable person (12) Our love & appreciation for your trust, loyalty and business, always and forever; Thank You & Good Night! AU $25.37. Solid album top to bottom and great packaging. So you'll not listen twice. Belonging to the founder of The Velvet Underground Appreciation Society, who acquired the [] : This offer is not included on any shipments to FPO/APO addresses. A Blu-ray can contain 50GB of information (over 50x a regular CD), it is absurd to fill up the remainder of the disc (that doesn't have a 5.1 remix) with 2 identical copies in a different format (and paying Dolby licensing fees) rather than filling it up with the extra material (mono version of the album, demos, extra takes, b-sides etc.) In addition to reproducing Warhol's beloved original "banana cover" design, complete with peelable banana sticker, the 50th-anniversary vinyl edition also reproduces the album's original gatefold cover as well as its rare original back-cover "torso" photo, with Reed's face superimposed over the torso of Warhol associate Eric Emerson. This could have sounded so much better! It's a near perfect album, and the CD here sounds excellent. It looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone. Still though, the 1985 reigns supreme, Si eres fan, FAN, del disco EVITA ESTE PRESSING!!!!!111! We also have a variety of resources available to customers including: In the event you receive a defective or damaged product you can exchange or return items within 60 days. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, Velvet Underground and Nico - S/T Original Mono LP. Try to find this copy if you can: The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico. These are only selectable once the disc starts so you need to select audio and then press the 'back' button on your remote to re-start the album. Free Postage. - Nico's "Chelsea Girl", too! Half a century after the 1967 release of their landmark debut album The Velvet Underground and Nico, the Velvet Underground's intrepid musical vision and audacious lyrical approach have yet to be equaled. Cover has only minor wear. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. To see our price, add these items to your cart. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. "A Symphony of Sound" - depicts a rehearsal of The Velvet Underground and Nico at the Factory, 231 East 47th St., (loft on 4th floor), New York City. And you know what - it does not sound outdated at all! The main album itself is, it goes without saying, fabulous on all versions. - basic site functions The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the band's game-changing debut LP The Velvet Underground and Nico, UME is releasing a special vinyl edition of the album that preserves its iconic original Andy Warhol-designed cover art. ORIGINAL BLUE VERVE LABEL WITH LARGE T-SHAPED LOGO AND SILVER PRINT. Andy Warhol's Velvet Underground featuring Nico is a compilation album of the Velvet Underground released by MGM Records in 1971 that features selections from the band's first three studio albums. Civilized people can disagree without accusing each other of being indecent or dishonest; if you need proof of this seller's personal integrity, please check our eBay feedback, which speaks for itself (10) All disagreements and miscommunications can be - and will only be - solved in a civil and mutually respectful manner; please avoid puerile, offensive, abrasive or menacing language (attempted humor is fine and usually appreciated, although overused-to-death sarcasms can be really, really tedious.
Polaris Mecklenburg County, Green Goblin No Way Home Costume, Directorio Municipio De Ponce, San Diego County Behavioral Health Director, Articles O