how ever I have all of my parts for the engine. Written by Dave Stribling and Posted with Permission of CarTechBooks. I was just interested in finding out if anyone has given this a try? With tunes, headers, correct y pipe its very powerful. The problem has been resolved, and now programming the new computers is no problem. Do I stick with the 4.6 2v? ", Well I'm interested in seeing what the swap does for you! In the late 1990s Ford introduced the returnless fuel system that eliminated the mechanical fuel pressure regulator and fuel return line used since the 1980s. Using the 2003 Cobra hydroboost also aids in moving the engine back to the firewall. Nuremberg (Nrnberg), Bavaria's second-largest city and the unofficial capital of Franconia, is an energetic place where the nightlife is intense and the beer is as dark as coffee. Several versions of the EEC-V system were developed and installed on Ford vehicles. Sorry 450 hp is modded coyote territory. What do I need to swap for ECM, harnesses, and such? Plus he's saying your dynamic compression ratio will be changed to the point where you probably wont be able to use your stock cams but someone else can explain that better than I could. They didn't come that way as a regular production option. Ford wiring diagrams are available to the public through Helm Inc. (helminc. . 4v? The difficulty with 5.4s making HP is because they have the same bore as a 4.6, but a longer stroke. The other thing regardless of the swap is the wiring harness. Ford F-100 / F-Series Crown Vic Swap Adjustable Motor Mounts for Ford FE v8 352/360/390/427. It eliminates the shock towers and optional modular-engine mounts are available. Cams and . There are other ways to improove the hp rating than trying to fit 3v heads with an intake on a 5.4. For Ford F100 F-100 Crown Vic Steel Front Pair Suspension Swap bracket kit. Archive - They are available in book or digital format for your computer. TL;DR: He has a 2v. The PCM can then adjust the voltage to the fuel pump and reduce or increase the pressure without the need for a mechanical regulator and return line back to the tank. From what I've read, some of the changes to the Panther suspension in '03 were to fit the quad cam 4.6 in the Marauder. OBDII rules dictate a standard set of PIDs that all scan tools can read; Ford has some proprietary ones that may or may not be readable by non-Ford scan tools. Winsors have an 8 bolt crank and Romeos have a 6 bolt. 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed ZF trans 3.06 open rear 13.98 @ 99.2 mph 4740 lbs with driver!! For more information on this product or to see the complete offerings from Ron Francis wiring, go here. The wiring for the early Crown Vics and Grand Marquis does not convert well to other chassis. A Crown Victoria engine and a Mustang engine may have the same connector, but Ford changes the pinouts of the wires in the connector. WIth the mechanical work wrapped in the shop, Matt strapped her down to the rollers to get dialed in by Vlad via HP Tuners. The PCM harness comes out through the side panel and into the passengers side through the corner firewall. If you want to drop a Blue Oval Mod Motor into your Mustang, T-Bird, or Rod and keep it all FoMoCo, Ron Francis Wiring has you covered. crown vic 3v swap old restaurants in lawrence, ma Ford F-100 / F-Series Crown Vic Swap Adjustable Motor Mounts for Chevy LS 4.8L/5.3L/6.0L . Most diagnostic tools now have ports to talk to computers and the Internet for even more capabilities. With incredible quality and customer support, Ron Francis offers plug-and-play functionality and years of reliable service. Some tuner dealers dont like to deal with swaps because the owners generally dont tell the tuner everything they have done, or the swap builder makes a mistake with the wiring and blames the failure on the programmer. With the 4.6L swap you are going to need to make motor mounts or purchase some aftermarket ones, get a high pressure fuel pump and all the plumbing that goes with it, an external transmission cooler as the one in the radiator is not good enough for the AODE/4R70W/4R75W family of transmission, a remote oil filter base as the current filter will The computer is already programmed to fire without the PATS system and it can be tuned just like any other Ford computer. As far as I know on this forum, it's never been done before. The pistons are 4-5cc range which would put the static CR in the 11.4-11.5 range with PI heads (probably too high for stock cams). We promise not to use your email address for anything but exclusive updates from the Power Automedia Network. #3. harness all at once. There are so many conflicting opinions Do I get the 5.4 2v? Here are some of the bigger hurdles to consider if using a Ford wiring harness and computer. To start the conversion, Rod and Custom Motorsports performed extensive fabrication work and installed a Mustang II front suspension. I'm going to look into it a little further, I'm more surprised than anything else that nobody else has done it. Keep us posted if you go for it! See if they can dyno the car afterwards so we can see what kind of numbers you get. Circuits from the engine area and interior terminate here, and if you plan on using the original harness, you need to get all of the special items like this. This is a Smart Junction Box (SJB) from a 2007 Shelby GT500. crown vic 3v swapcapricorn and virgo flirting. Some manufacturers still use speed density. Ford used this computer system throughout the 1980s and EEC-V replaced it in 1994. A big change in fuel injection or camshafts may mean that a larger MAF meter is required, and the system cant be tuned without changing several items at once. This harness contains wiring to the MAFS, Cooling fans, HEGOs, etc as well as the critical power and ground leads. As one of Bavaria's biggest draws it is alive with visitors year-round, but especially during the spectacular Christmas market. The jump to EEC-VI and improvements such as drive-by-wire technology and Variable Cam Timing (VCT) came in 2005. registry . looks really good. The IRS cradle was narrowed to make room for the 11-inch-wide rear wheels. i bought a 6.2l short block and heads for it. That is the main reason I was wondering about the feasability of the SOHC 3v. If you are going to use a Ford harness and computer in your swap, make sure you get all the wiring and electronic parts from the donor car. There's nothing strikingly different about them in comparison to 2v or 4v pistons other than slight notches at the edge. The biggest challenges to installing the engine are the width and height. I think the cams are the same but I could be wrong and yea its not plug and play but its an easy swap. preferred-parts1 (1,509) 99.4%. I was just going to have a cam sprocket machined for the driver cam with the pip on it, a crank trigger wheel for the front and just use the engine harness PCM and sensors from the 4.6l that originally came in the car. This one should do a bit more than that seeing as it has a custom Marty Ochs tune and a. With the introduction of the Ford Control Pack, it has taken over as the best and easiest-to-use computer control system. Ford 4.9 Throttle Body Upgrade2019 Ford F-250. Other than the aforementioned variable cam phasing and some solution for a manual throttle body. It is a must for anyone using the original Ford harnesses in a project, and its a good idea to have one even if you are planning on using an aftermarket harness. Or swap out for a 4.6 3v? The latest systems cannot only give you the basic error codes, but can log information on the engine and systems when an error occurs, provide real-time running information on the performance of the engine, and be programmed over the Internet for engine and drivetrain improvements for both performance and efficiency. Make the donor look like the original (electrically). Free returns. I know this is for trucks but I would really like to see how this turns out. I'd like to keep the stock gauges, and keep the stock column but I suppose i don't need to for the column. I guess there is a couple ways to do this. Nope. Ford used speed density on engines from 1986 to mid-1989, when they converted to mass air systems. Its about 11:1. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. There really isn't much aftermarket for the V10, the 3v came from the factory with 362 ponies and 457 ft lbs of torque. The 5.4 is even wider still. as well i will be making me a sheet metal intake manifold for it since no one makes any induction pieces for the 6.2 i was wondering if any one could help me on this. Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.5.9. The 2v with PI heads is a an exccelent power making motor. This gets my vote for coolest swap idea this week! Plus you would have all the linkage and such to swap over or modify. Through the years, numerous companies have attempted to build harnesses, and I have tried many of them, with varying degrees of success. Insight towards what to expect 3 Dimitrov67 3 yr. ago thanks man i'll take a look at it OlYeller01 3 yr. ago It is usually found on the drivers side of the interior under the dash. This owner wanted to retain stock control of the fuel pump and the returnless fuel system. While there the factory 4.6 L 2v Read More 1996 Crown Victoria with a 460 ci V8 Update 3 October 22, 2021 Crown Victoria https://www.patreon.com/nathansgarage?fan_landing=trueOk.the orange one was an F250 but it definitely is more F100-like now. The engine bay needs to be modified to make room for the bigger engine. You will be shortening, lengthening, and removing circuits from your harnesses in almost every case. Ford CROWN VICTORIA 5.0 LTR V/8 Cyl OHV V/8 Fits 82-97 Casting No: D7OE D8OE E7TE F3TE Additional Applications: Ford - TRUCK, F SERIES 1982 to 1997 Mercury - MARQUIS 1982 to 1997 Notes: 302 V/8 Price: $235.00 VIEW DETAILS Ford CROWN VICTORIA 5.8 LTR V/8 Cyl OHV WINDSOR Fits 69-78 Casting No: C90E D5UE Additional Applications: Most aftermarket programmers have data logging and error code reading capabilities built in, so they are all-in-one solutions. . It,s not super fast as per todays standart but considering the weight of our car the low end torque production of the 5.4 makes our car a ton more fun to drive. Using Ford factory wiring harnesses is an option for most engines and projects. USA Distributor of MCM Equipment crown vic 3v swap Wouldn't it be possible to tap into the ECU and make it functional? You'll notice that the Triton 4.6 3v and the Marauder 4.6 (4v?) the 5.4 just needs air. We dig Ron Francis wiring here at Power Automedia. So, he opted for one of Pier's pedal swap kits, which is mostly based on New Edge-era Mustang parts. The fuel system was custom designed to use the components from the 2003 Cobra. With this mode, you or your technician using a scanner can turn on and off specific items in the car. You can run your current 2v motor mounts, they bolt right in. The only real advantage the automatic has over a manual is driveability for extreme stop and go traffic and starting uphill, but with careful footwork it's not a big deal with a manual. Fuel injectors, fuel rail. PATS Manage Preferences - All Ford modular engines come with mass air fuel injection systems from the factory. The heads / intake are the limiting factor, and if you decide to run boost you will probably not make as much HP. The EEC-V computer can be identified by the four rows of control pins in its main connector. - '94 GT Convertible 13.905 at 100.41 mph. The next step up is the ability to read the data stored in the computer and the ability to perform specific tests on certain items controlled by the PCM. Please post pics, because I for one would love to have a V10 powered car someday. It was contacting the factory underframe, so it was turned 180 degrees and rewired and no longer touches the hood. The 4.6 liter engine was the replacement for the Windsor family of Ford V8's. A set of custom-made subframe connectors was also installed. Advertising - HPTs VCM Scanner is a computerbased diagnostic tool that allows you to download and analyze real-time data, allows you to chart information to look for intermittent problems, and also allows tests to be run on individual components and systems. com. In addition, you dont have to verify the sensors that are installed on the engine, as some aftermarket systems require a change to generic sensors. i will keep factory compression ratio. However, it will be a little wider, and a little taller, so you may have to cut the Y-pipe in the exhaust to get it around the 5.4 block. This allows a scanner to access the analog and digital sensors that are controlled by the PCM. A zealous car geek since birth, he digs lead sleds, curvy fiberglass, kustoms and street rods. Put both motors on an engine stand. Yes and no. Comes with everything to connect all factory sensors on the engine and transmission to your factory ECM plus wiring for the fuel pump, electric fan, and diagnostic port. Easy?!?!?! There are low profile aftermarket aluminum manifolds for . Would also like to add AC to the truck as well if the makes a difference. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. F100 Build: Crown Vic IFS Swap! A custom set of Speedhut gauges including a GPS speedometer is used. existing tank, you need to reprogram the computer to tell the fuel pump circuit to maximize output all the time and run an old-style regulator and return line to the tank. Follow the recommendations in this chapter to select the best computer and wiring system for your engine. I think the only real issue is with one of the bolts on the timing cover not lining up properly, as you'll need to use your current timing cover. Team321 offers this setup in two packages: the base package includes the crossmember, upper control arms, all mounting hardware and sway bar; the complete suspension package adds the lower control arms, steering rack, coilovers, knuckles, steering tie rods and sway bar links. I will have a cam sprocket made for the driver side cam with the pip and a crank timing gear so I can use the crank trigger and cam sensor. Basically this thread is only about a higher compression engine wich usually net a 15% gain for a full point of compression bump so we are even farther in hp gain than we expected with the 3v heads swap. (something different) i have welded my rear doors shut and i shaved the rear door handles, the car looks realy good it has a real nice lean look and the stance with factory suspension looks fantastic. But as of now it's guesstamates and math, until some one does it. In addition, they dont have some of the issues with throttle by wire and VCT. If it's a 3 valve it will be straight. Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.5.9. He had some explaining to do.). What're we looking at here? Im looking to do the same setup with a 6.2 in a crown vic..Now A question. Not unpossible just gigantic enough to make the "Street Rod" standalone PCM far worth the $1100. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Make sure you have a good, professional multimeter, quality crimp tools for general connections, and the proper pin insertion/removal tool for your job. 9. As more gadgets continued to consume computer resources, the computer needed to evolve. About this group. The newer the computer and the greater the number of sensors, the more information there is available. If you have a Coyote engine, therefore, you should strongly consider an aftermarket or Ford Control Pack system, which will allow you to tune your engine according to your application. In the end, Patrick got exactly what he wanted: a Crown Victoria that looks & drives as if it came with a Coyote from the factory. The average loss on a 4.6 with cam lockouts is about 15 hp. This plug connects to the Ford communications network and to the PCM. As the cars became more complex, Ford needed new ways to bring circuits together. The Crown Victoria Coyote is for sale on Craigslist with an asking price of $9,000. It also requires the use of the 20112013 Mustang GT airbox and inlet hose, which can be cumbersome when installing in a non-Mustang application. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! My car in its current state makes 215hp? Paul's saying they used a 2010 3v computer and harness (and a pro tuner described it as taking awhile to tune right - which would make me pause right there) but YOU are talking about using a 2 valve computer and harness from a 10 year old 03. hey JCG1 thanks for replying, yes the 6.2l has VVT but I was going to lock that out. Zlib compression enabled. The first DOHC engines were installed in Lincolns way back in 1993. The 20032004 Cobra Terminator engines continue to be a popular swap engine because they are easy to modify and produce a lot of power. Swapping the whole motor and ecu seems like a PITA but a head swap, intake swap, and phaser lockout seems a lot simpler. Wiring diagrams for Ford can be purchased online at helminc. Regular price $220 View. You should search Ceatus McFarland (spelling may be wrong) on YouTube he has a crown vic with a GT500 engine in it and swapped it himself. Zlib compression enabled. The 2003 Cobra engine puts out 390 hp in stock form. Some manufacturers still sell speed density systems, and they use a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor to measure the pressure inside the intake manifold. All other intake will be truck intake that will be sticking out of the hood. Contact Us - (Photo Courtesy Ford Performance Parts). It is possible to run your factory computer using an aftermarket wiring harness. Nuff said. We also offer complete wiring systems for the 2005 to 2009 Mustang GT 3-valve 4.6 engine and manual transmission.They have an automatic version as well. Paul's high performance swapped a 6.2l in a 10 mustang. This port allows you to read error codes, look at logged and live data, and change computer programs. EngineLabs Refreshes A Set Of Ford GT40 Cylinder Heads, Mazda Really is Bringing Back the Wankel Rotary Engine, A New Diesel Piston That Increases Power And Reduces Emissions, Shop Tour: Brian Tooley Racing Expands To Be A One-Stop Shop, A Guide To Ford V8 Engine Block Casting Numbers, 1952-1996, Chevrolet Performance Releases The Impressive L8T As A Crate Engine, A Guide To Mopar V8 Cylinder Head And Block Casting Numbers, Melling Offers New Timing Kits for Ford 4.6L and 5.4L SOHC Engines. All rights reserved. The EEC-VII system uses a computer housing similar to the EEC-VIs, but it uses the three connectors on the end or top. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Diablosports InTune i2 compact tuner can hold as many as five custom tunes, log data real time, and talk to your favorite tuner via the USB port, allowing it to be programmed from a remote site from anywhere. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more! The EEC-V computers have a port that allows a programming chip. Buy It Now. After using the TR-3650 for a few years and going back to the 4R70W during the winter, I really want to stick with the manual. The EEC-IV computer module is easily identified by its three rows of pins on the main plug. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. Ford has used at least four different computer systems to control the modular engines. Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. the 6.2l uses different sensors for the crank and cam pick-ups then what the 4.6l 2v uses. The main advantage of the 3V is indeed the cam phaser so locking it out would really offset any real potential. so if they are canceling the variable timing it will make less than 300 hp, the variable timing is the key to make 300 hp . A set of custom engine mounts was added to this MII crossover bar to move the engine back 4 inches to make room for the Eaton Supercharger. cams, sheet metal intake I made, injectors I cant remember the poundage though, billet fuel rails, 100mm tb, cam covers that I made. instead of doing the 3valve computer deal, I will just have the factory 4.6l 2v engine harness swapped to my 6.2l and use all the sensors the 4.6l uses and have the factory computer tuned to my engine. Outside of figuring out where to mount the cable for the clutch and modifying the shifter with a 2005-ish Mustang boot and some aluminum, it went . He currently owns a '95 Corvette, '76 Cadillac Seville, '99 LS1 Trans Am and big old Ford Van. The following are brief synopses of the Ford computer systems: The EEC-IV computer was installed on the earliest modular engines in full-size Ford cars. The throttle-by-wire system helps the engine run smoother under acceleration and deceleration and changing torque conditions. A Lokar throttle cable is used along with an accelerator pedal from a 1970 Mustang to run the throttle body. $62.50. VI-VCT used on the Coyote engines does the same for the exhaust cam and eliminates the need for an EGR system and improves emissions. The biggest hurtle youll have is tuning really and having to lock out vct makes the 3v swap pointless in my opinion. The V-10 has 2 places for the motor mounts to bolt to and we moved motor mount to other position and it bolted in the crown vic clip. It would also open you up to a newer style intake manifold. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Generated in 0.079 seconds in which 0.030 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. A forum community dedicated to Mustang and Ford Performance owners and enthusiasts. All Ford modular engines came with Mass Airflow (MAF) computer systems for control. See more. VCT and the improved PATS system make using the factory wiring more difficult in most cases. Romeo, Windsor, Teksid, WAP, Triton & Intech - What's In A Name? Click the button below and we will send you an exclusive deal on this book. The air conditioning is adapted to the original 1967 A/C box. With the introduction of the EEC-V system in 1994 came the OBDII (On-Board Diagnostic II) set of standardized error codes, which are still in use as of this writing. The SN-95 Mustang engine compartment is wider and longer than the first-generation engine compartment. Ford made it increasingly difficult to mix and match the wiring harnesses because of various options on the vehicle. The firing order for 2011-2019 Ford 'Coyot' 5. Head swap from 2v to 3v [Re: LT1L98LS6] 2004_p71 no replacement for displacement Posting Addict Registered: 09/04/03 Posts: 16010 The stock 2003 computer mounting bracket is used to mount the computer and provides proper grounding. but on the down side youll have a car bolt pattern on the front but i guess you could have the rotors redrilled. From 0cc to -20cc dish piston, if your cams (aftermarket) have too much duration/lift is when notche. many people have done the 54. lightning swap also. If you plan to develop your ride for racing or top performance, a programmer may be right for you. Dans External Relay Harness. This can make the mounting using original hardware difficult in tight engine compartments. A 5.4 should bolt in right in place of the 4.6. These computers are all mass airflow design, so they must use an airflow meter to measure the amount of air going into the engine. The mass air meter heats up a small wire and then measures the resistance in the wire. Nuff said. Currently, the best choice for operating the Coyote engine and later engines with VCT is the Ford Performance Control Pack. Gone are the days of the old oscilloscope, and now every mechanic has a scan tool to talk to the computer. The computer calculates the amount of fuel to be delivered to the engine based on air volume, air temperature, manifold pressure, and exhaust gas mix. Many aftermarket computers cannot control the variable timing, and the camshafts have to be locked down. A second oval grommet from a salvage yard harness seals the harness as it passes through the firewall. With the radiator and intercooler plumbing, the empty space in front of the engine goes away very fast. This police car unit is very big and difficult to use in a swap due to the speedometer calibration system. Ford also has used some creative routing for some of the wires, requiring you to get all the wiring harnesses from your donor car. oil pan, EGR, wiring harness. So this V10 Swap will work in any of these as they are all Panther's. Cardone New Fuel Injection Throttle Body. Fatstang you didnt have to get your pistons notched? They have horsepower, can make more horsepower very easily, are not as complicated as a newer throttle-by-wire engine, and look fantastic under the hood. Holley and FAST both sell speed density systems that will work with the modular engine and have specific Coyote harness converters to run these engines. The wires wrap around the heater box and the secondary connectors are part of the under-dash wiring. The knock sensor will pull a [censored] load of timing before that happens. A simple error code reader can be had for little cost at most auto parts stores. According to the wiring gurus, Were proud to introduce a complete fuel injection wiring system for 2005 to 2006 and 2007-2011 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6-liter engines. Mass air systems do not require many fuel curve tables and can calculate the most efficient ratio on the fly. I meant the other way around, why can't the pcm my car came with be reprogrammed to manage the new motor? One of the most popular swaps going these days is underpinning various classic trucks with the front suspension off of the venerable Ford Crown Victoria, including the 1967-1972 Ford F-100. The first is a basic low-cost code reader, the second is scan tools and data loggers, and the third is programmers. 2004 Crown Vic LX SOLD!! Along with the standard industry error codes, each manufacturer has some proprietary codes that are available to cover specific features of its vehicles. The 5.4 3v is almost as wide as the 4v. ", but had I noticed that someone resurrected a two year old thread with a "gee, what's going on with this project" question my post would have been far more entertaining. 1929 wheat penny. We'll send you raw engine tech articles, news, features, and videos every week from EngineLabs. why not use the computer and harness from the 6.2? Two of the biggest advantages to the modular engine are the amount of data you can retrieve from the computer system, and the ability to tune the engine through re-programming. Sounds neat, i wonder what it'd get for mpg being in something a little lighter and more aerodynamic haha. I doubt many members on here will do it 11 psi whipple kit = bolt on 500+ hp 4.6L 3V V8. The 5.4 FAQ talks about the a 5.4 DOHC swap. The three connector plugs easily identify the 2005 and up computers. When I had my Cobra in for warranty service back in '99 the dealership had in the garage a 4.6L-32V Crown Vic from Ford. I really wanted to do the swap in an sn95 because a full bolt on 3v in the lighter sn95 chassis with a good suspension would be a nice strip car. I will PM you my user name and forum. Mustang is lower profile intake with dual bore throttle body and Explorer is a little taller with single blade round throttle body.
Husqvarna Pressure Washer 3100 Oil Change, Plyometric Training Definition Gcse Pe, Articles C