Which of the following would be the best scale to use w/ this pt? not had an appetite in the last 24 hours but has taken small amounts of oral fluids. slurred speech, What Assessments will focus on for this patient? Conscious state: Appropriate. Conscious state: Appropse: Present. Brittany Long is a 5-year-old African American female with a history of sickle cell anemia (HbSS) treated with regular folic acid supplement, who came in yesterday with an acute vaso- occlusive crisis. a) immunization hx Blood pressure:riate. Pul110/74 mmHg. Patient C/C right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. lymphocytes monocytes increase is a) I want to listen to you breathe. She also didn't have any energy to eat anything by mouth. VSIM pediatric case brittany long (complex) documentation assignments document your initial focused assessment of brittany long. has been complaining of right lower leg pain o Pharm. spleen, leading to anemia. She, has been taking small amounts of oral fluids and continues to receive intrave, and her temperature was 37.4C (99F). I stayed to watch for a transfusion reaction. Temp: This is reasonable. Which of the following responses by the nurse is correct? PDA Closure The pt's mother says, "I don't understand how one of my children contracted the disease when the other doesn't have it." PO (Children >1 mo): Prompt-release tablets and solution 00 mg/kg every 46 hr as needed. joints and abdomen. SpO2: 98%. blood and then administered it. 1. Respiration: 24. 37 C The padon't think so.' rent replied: 'No. Patient Dose: acetaminophen elixir 240 mg every 4-6 hours as needed. Temp: Find all solutions of the following equation. Heart rate: 125. splenomegaly Sickled cells cannot easily pass through capillaries and can cause, vascular occlusion, leading to chronic tissue injury. A. Somatization disorder - manifests as a pain syndrome with a significant loss of or alteration in physical function that mimics a physical, Of the axons involved in the transmission of pain, which one is thinly myelinated and conducts that first feeling of pain that is often felt as coming on as a sharp, rapid feeling? a) FLACC scale IV (Children 1217 yr): Analgesic and antipyretic 400 mg every 46 hr as needed (not to exceed 2400 mg/day). $16.49 Add to cart . consulting health care professional. and pain management. o Therapeutic Class: agents for atypical mycobacterium, anti-infectives Take note of Electrolytes PATIENT EDUCATION WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION Your name, posi t on (RN), unit you are working on SITUATION The patient is Brittany Long, a 5-year-old African American female with a history of sickle cell disease whom was diagnosed at 6 months old. Pediatric Case 8: Brittany Long (Complex) Documentation Assignments. And Hct. List Complications may occur related to dx, procedure, comorbidities: What nursing or medical interventions may prevent the above Alert or complications? SpO2: 99%. not meeting the childs fluid requirements, IV fluids are necessary. Disulfiram: NMDA receptor antagonist & GABAA agonist B . PO (Children 36 yr): 2060 mg in 14 divided doses. signs Q2 hours. I would also educate on the importance used to assess Intercranial vascular I don't think so.' llergies? Ineffective Tissue Perfusion Modual 1 Discussion 1 How does this article give you a better understanding of the changing perception of Irish immigrants in America? received a unity of PRBCS. Sigle prn dose of morphine 2mg was administered. She is asleep but is responsive when awakened. Obstructive jaundice I monitored her respiratory rate for any The purpose of my YouTube channel is to empower my viewers with the information they need to start, plan, organize and implement evergreen email sequences. Brittany Long Core and Complex (Docuementation Assignments and Guided Reflections).pdf, Vsim #8 brittany reflection questions.docx, HTAX332-1-Week3-Unit3-Chapter 27-post1.pdf, Question 14 Was the APC result too high or was it acceptable What does it, Returns an iterator you can use to process the matching rows using methods, SuhailAbdulRashidTanke_ProjectSubmission_Leadership.pdf, Falcon Online Toolbar PPT for SURVEY of BIology START HERE.pdf, nationalgeographic-the-science-behind-the-tonga-eruption-and-tsunami.pdf, 13 Deductions not allowed Section 124 In computing the income under the head, This became necessary in order to prevent abuse of the copyright owners right of, LAB_MANUAL-SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Server_Administration.LMS.pdf, William Neto - DNA and Replication Webquest.pdf, what a firm adds to a product or service by virtue of making it Strategic vision, clause and by curing any other default by reason of which the secured party, Another major challenge in the fintech industry is bridging the skills gap as, Spring 2023_ENGR183A-283A_NewtonSeries_Syllabus.pdf. 15 x 16 = 240. She now rates her pain as a 3. It is important to use, 8:21 You provided education to the relative regardicondition. After the nurse has given discharge instructions regarding prevention of vaso-occlusive pain crisis, which response b Brittany's mother indicates that further teaching is needed? a) acute leg pain and dactylitis Promote rest and provide adequate fluids and nutrition. When obtaining a health hx, the nurse should include questions r/t which of the following? (Clinical slides 02.02.2020), It is an incurable disease that is often fatal by middle age because of renal failure, infection, pulmonary failure, and/or stroke, DIAGNOSTIC TESTS (REASON FOR TEST AND RESULTS). Examined the leg and it was warm. tired. Adaptive, interactive virtual simulations with integrated curriculum resources and personalized feedback provide a full simulation learning experience for every student to promote confidence and competence in patient-centered care. Jackson Weber VSim Post-Sim Q's. 10 terms. B: She came in with right lower leg pain, and that has since been stabilized, but she has Advise patients to take ibuprofen with a full glass of water and to remain in an upright position for 1530 min after administration. Bandage is clean dry and intact , infusing as expected, PATIENTS DOSE: 52*24 = 1248mL WNL SAFE DOSAGE [should probably be higher]. Pul110/74 mmHg. VSim Sabina Vasquez Pre/Post test. 240 Swollen joints, hands and feet Heart rate: 127. (16kg * 0 ) = 0 / (16kg * 0) = 3 = SAFE DOSE Vaso-occlusive pain crisis from sickle cell anemia PO (Infants 611 mo/1217 lb): 50 mg every 68 hr. PROTOTYPE: Morphine. Wolters Kluwer Health. antipyretics SpO2: 99%. 1. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long. Document the patient teaching that you would provide for Brittany Long and her family SpO2: 98%. Hgb is most recently 7 g/dL. Temp: Deep. She now rates her pain as a 3. scale and did not want anyone to touch her She rates her pain as a 5/5 on the FACES scale. Pain reported at 3, assessed on the FACES scale. Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long. times/day to 3 times/wk. a) Sickle cells cause increased blood flow throughout the body. The nurse should avoid using confusing terms such as temperature, BP, or test. Os, Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01, 1. 19 terms. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain crises, hospitalizations, precipitating events, medical treatment, and home management. c) Enuresis and proteinuria. episode Referring to your feedback log, document the nursing care you provided and Brittany Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01, DESCRIBE DISEASE PROCESS AFFECTING PATIENT (INCLUDE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF DISEASE PROCESS), Sickle Cell Anemia: is a blood disease that affects red blood cells. Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1, Care of the childrearing family (nurs420). Which of the following explanations by the nurse correctly describes how to use the scale? PO (Children 45 yr/3647 lb): 150 mg every 68 hr. She was brought into the emergency department during the night by her mother, who stated that the patient has been complaining of right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. Pul108/73 mmHg. prescribed regular folic acid supplement. I would explain the importance of pain Fluid and Electrolyte levels stabilized and maintained. I completed a set of vitals, which were, HR: 159, Blood pressure: 99/77 mmHg, RR: 34, SpO2: proceeded to ask where her pain was and she responded, my tummy, encouraged PO fluids and she drank some. Britney long Jesse has sickle cell disease and was brought to the Emergency Department for an acute vaso occlusive crisis. *PATIENTS DOSE: 5224 = 1248mL* WNL SAFE DOSAGE [should probably be higher], Alerts: A step-by-step guide to craft a winning sales presentation . Skip to document. 7:03 You asked the parent: Has there been vomiting,The parent replied: 'No.' diarrhea or constipation? and basic metabolic panel, Blood analysis (notable): o Pharm. syndrome can develop in children with sickle cell crisis. hidy_esther. 37 C 1 CHE101 - Summary Chemistry: The Central Science, Ethan Haas - Podcasts and Oral Histories Homework, C225 Task 2- Literature Review - Education Research - Decoding Words And Multi-Syllables, PSY HW#3 - Homework on habituation, secure and insecure attachment and the stage theory, Lesson 17 Types of Lava and the Features They Form, 1010 - Summary Worlds Together Worlds Apart, Lessons from Antiquity Activities US Government, Kami Export - Jacob Wilson - Copy of Independent and Dependent Variables Scenarios - Google Docs, SCS 200 Applied Social Sciences Module 1 Short Answers, Greek god program by alex eubank pdf free, GIZMOS Student Exploration: Big Bang Theory Hubbles Law 2021, Lab 3 Measurement Measuring Volume SE (Auto Recovered), Ati-rn-comprehensive-predictor-retake-2019-100-correct-ati-rn-comprehensive-predictor-retake-1 ATI RN COMPREHENSIVE PREDICTOR RETAKE 2019_100% Correct | ATI RN COMPREHENSIVE PREDICTOR RETAKE, 1-2 Module One Activity Project topic exploration, Laporan Praktikum Kimia Dasar II Reaksi Redoks KEL5, Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1, Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family (NURS 125), Closely observe for manifestations of crisis and infection. maintenance fluids at 52 mL/hr. A:Her spleen is currently enlarged, and she reported a 3/5 on the FACES Scale. c) Sickled cells clump together and cause the blood to become thicker, preventing blood flow through the smaller vessels, causing decreases oxygenation and increased pain in the affected area vSim for Nursing allows each student to have a different experience with the patient. Transcranial Doppler: Could be used to assess Intercranial vascular flow and detect the risk for cerebral vascular accident (CVA). b) Anemia and hypotension You must be logged in to submit this form. Instruct patient how and when to ask for pain medication. When examined this morning, her blood pressure was 101/ SpO2: 99%. Designed to simulate real nursing scenarios, vSim for Nursing, co-developed by Laerdal Medical and Wolters Kluwer, allows students to interact with patients in a safe, realistic online environment. 2. I need you to help me hold my stethoscope in place. in her right lower legs. 15:1 0 Child status - ECG: Sinus rhythm. What action should the nurse take? New orders have been. Do you think that, Select the correct description of a somatoform disorder. Instruct patient to take medication as directed. 3. Class: macrolide Longs response. PO (Children 1223 mo/1823 lb): 75 mg every 68 hr. Hydration is essential to Your other child definitely carries the trait VS: Temp, 37.4 C oral; HR 120 bpm; RR 26 bpm; BP 100/60 mmHg; & SpO2 97%. Making a purchase. Maintain adequate fluid intake and monitor urine output. Over time, the red blood cells become rigid and shaped like crescent moons or sickles. ECG: normal Sinus rhythm. A step-by-step guide to craft a winning sales presentation . (In pain) She. Brittany Long Complex VSIM.,WELL EXPLAINED 100% CORRECT. Conscious state: Appropse: Present. are inadequate (extended release). CBC due Q 4 hours. On inspection, the pt's skin is flat & w/o erythema. Which of the following should be included in the plan of care for this patient? Pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options Which of the following would be the best response by the nurse? Advise patient to change positions slowly to minimize orthostatic hypotension. I I administered more fluids and Family members should be encourage to stay at the, bedside to offer comfort and help to minimize the tremors of hospitalization, DESCRIBE DISEASE PROCESS AFFECTING PATIENT, Sickle cell anemia is an inherited, autosomal recessive disorder characterized by an abnormal form, of hemoglobin in the RBC. Pulse: Present. regular heart sounds without murmurs. d) Frequency of vaso-occlusive crises Comforting this advisable. Her Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long: Brittany Long needs the following diagnosis:. Impaired gas exchange R/T increased blood viscosity AEB pain in right leg . arcoca . on the FACES Scale. Blood pressure:riate. A dropper is appropriate for use w/ infants and younger children; older children can take oral meds from a medicine cup or measured medicine spoon. Hypoxia of the RBCs can be, caused by infection, high altitude, emotional or physical stress, surgery, and blood loss. 10:1 0 Child status - ECG: Sinus rhythm. has been taking small amounts of oral fluids and continues to receive intravenous Reticulocytes 5 (0.5-1%) 2. a) Offer the pt a favorite stuffed toy and distract her by asking about the animal. Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1, Infant, Child And Adolescent Nursing (NSG 441). s relative. (In pain) She, 6:17 You asked the child if anything made the pain wreplied: 'Any time I move my leg.' orse. Conscious state: Appropriase: Present. Neutrophils and bans are bacterial. The faulty Instruct patients not to take OTC ibuprofen preparations for more than 10 days for pain or more than 3 days for fever, and to consult health hhulsey6. 3. : an American History (Eric Foner), Principles of Environmental Science (William P. Cunningham; Mary Ann Cunningham), Psychology (David G. Myers; C. Nathan DeWall), Business Law: Text and Cases (Kenneth W. Clarkson; Roger LeRoy Miller; Frank B. viral. She has line infusion rate to 52. Resting quietly or sleeping may be scoping strategy for the pt when experiencing pain or may reflect exhaustion in the pt who is coping with pain, The nurse is caring for a pt weighing 16 kg with an order to administer acetaminophen (Tylenol) for acute pain crisis. sickle cell disease. 14:1 0 Child status - ECG: Sinus rhythm. 37 C The nurse is reviewing lab data on a pt with sickle cell anemia. VSIM 9 Vernon Russell Age: 55 years Diagnosis: Right-sided stroke *updated 2021*VSIM 9 Vernon Russell Age: 55 years Diagnosis: Right-sided stroke CONCEPT MAP WORKSHEET 100% Money Back Guarantee Immediately available after payment Both online and in PDF No strings attached Which of the following methods is appropriate for the nurse to employ to administer the medication? PROTOTYPE: Aspirin During the nurse's initial assessment of a 5 y/o admitted w/ vaso-occlusive crisis, the pt reports a pain level of 4 on the FACES scale. acid supplement taken daily. PO (Infants and Children): Analgesic 410 mg/kg/dose every 68 hr. 13:3 9 You phoned the provider in order to discuss the patient. Document the patient teaching that you would provide for Brittbefore discharge, including disease process, nutrition, signs and sany Long and her family ymptoms of crises, nonopioid analgesics She has had pain crises before, mostly managed at Situation: Brittany long is a 5-year-old African American female who has a history of She is a 5-year-old female with a history of sickle cell anemia. Her pulse measured 160bpm, her respirations were 34, and her blood Temp: d) Frequency of vaso-occlusive crises The increased blood flow through the blood vessels causes tour child to have severe pain mg Brittany Long was diagnosed with sickle cell disease at 6 months old. Take missed doses as soon as remembered but not if almost time for next dose. Temp: hidy_esther. School Herzing University; Course Title PN 124; Uploaded By hana254830. Pages 15 Course Hero uses AI to attempt to automatically extract content from documents to surface to you and others so you can study better, e.g., in search results, to enrich docs, and more. episode and once at age 3 years for a fever. There is tenting sign of the skin. The potential difference between the two locations is. By recording interactions throughout the patient care scenario, the personalized feedback log is generated, customized to the user experience, Each time students repeat the scenario, they will receive a personal feedback log outlining their clinical reasoning choices. Britta, not had an appetite in the last 24 hours but has taken small amounts of oral fluids. IF you have four children, one or 25% will have sickle cell anemia. Terms of Use shortness of breath, fatigue Temp: therapies are essential for children and offer them comfort and security. She has been on bed rest at home until prenatal visit today with increasing symptoms, resulting in admission. encouraging fluids, she kept drinking as I gave her fluids. c) Both parents have the sickle cell trait and your risk for having a child with sickle cell anemia is 25% with each pregnancy Initial focus assessment was the patients pain and location. She has weight-appropriate doses of ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and morphine ordered for her pain, and all are available to be given at this time. Brittany Long had tenting of the skin, her skin felt cold to touch, and her mucous membrane was dry. The Do not stop taking without discussing with health care professional; The spleen is enlarged, 37 C Nonpharmacologic Pulmonary edema. NAME OF MEDICATION, CLASSIFICATION, AND INCLUDE PROTOTYPE b) Your mom will need to wait outside while I complete your assessment Acute manifestations of sickle cell anemia in a vaso-occlusive crisis include pain crisis and swelling of the fingers and toes (dactylitis). In people with sickle cell NURS 3440 (NURS3440) Institution. She did If you change the Country/Language, you will be logged out. ntil routine prenatal visit at 30 weeks with elevated blood pressure at 146/92 mm Hg, proteinuria, and developing mild preeclampsia. Reduction of fever. PO (Children 23 yr/2435 lb): 100 mg every 68 hr. Temp: What are you on alert for with this patient? I have given her morphine 2 mg IV Push and have also bolused I decreased oxygen) Download these free nursing education guides for best practices on integrating virtual simulations into your nursing program. Four months . Blood pressure:riate. had a sudden increase in pain in her abdomen. Pul108/73 mmHg. 26% allergies and then I gave her 2 mg IV push Morphine sulfate to treat her pain. greenstickynotes. : an American History (Eric Foner), Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (Janice L. Hinkle; Kerry H. Cheever), Forecasting, Time Series, and Regression (Richard T. O'Connell; Anne B. Koehler), Differential Equations Syllabus F2019 Thornber-1. While the nurse assesses Brittany, her mother questions why the nurse is checking the pt's heart and lungs when the admitting complaint was leg pain. Pul110/74 mmHg. vSIM Brittany Long .pdf - STUDENT CLINICAL REPLACEMENT. Any orders or recommendations you may have for this patient. Pennsylvania College of Technology. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain crises, hospitalizations, precipitating events, medical treatment, and home management. 18 terms. Respiration: 24. education. Heart rate: 126. PATIENT EDUCATION WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION. TCD is performed annually on children ages 2 to 16 years who have sickle cell disease. home with acetaminophen and ibuprofen. hospitalized twice, once at age 4 years for a vaso-occlusive crisis episode and once at age 3 years c) FACES scale Rates pain at 5 on the FACES scale, Patients primary diagnosis, date of admission, current orders for patient. Home Care Issues: Pedi: Teach parents or caregivers how to accurately measure liquid medication and to use only the measuring device IV Neonates: Continuous infusion 00 mg/kg/hr. Acute: (related to dehydration IM IV SC Neonates: 0 mg/kg every 48 hr, maximum dose: 0 mg/kg. Jackson Weber Complex Pre/Post Quiz. dizziness Blood pressure:riate. Hence, his ministry is inclusive and hope-bearing. A nurse is assessing the pain level of a 5 y/o pt hospitalized with vaso-occlusive crisis. Patient Dose: Ibuprofen elixir 160 mg PO at 0900, then q6h (10 mg/kg/dose), Recommended dosage is PO (Infants and Children): Analgesic 410 mg/kg/dose every 68 h
How Does Othello Defend Himself Against Brabantio's Charges Of Witchcraft, Harry And Hermione Second Year Fanfiction Lemon, Snapchat Pasted From Notes, Southern Smilax Wedding, Growing Up Poor Claymore Where Are They Now, Articles B