I did not grease the shutgun one time and thought to fire it last. New in Box-never fired. A forum community dedicated to the great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts. Buffalo. First load powder, then press ball. First, only one person had the cutoff date right; it is 1998 / 99. Allen then started Western Arms which became Allen Arms, and then to Cimarron. I have two ASM revolvers, both were imports thru EMF. It is all nickle, less the cylinder and plunger, which are gold, and a walnut grip. Anyway it worked, never had a problem since. Sounds like the name of a shady character lurking in the wisteria of some Flannery OConnor story, doesnt it? I shot it once in the neck using a 200 grain 45 acp fmj bullet and about 37 grains of 777. It was like 1-2 years before they went out of businnes. Changes were made in the production guns to make sure they could not be passed off as an original. The thing now runs great, and I enjoy shooting it when I do. SOME PATINA ON 36 Caliber; 80% blue, fair bore, good grips, 505'' barrel, REPRODUCTION 1862 POCKET NAVY REVOLVER. Youd use either #10 or #11, the 11s being the larger. You could become the next Farinelliif youre lucky. For effective ignition, a ball has to fit tightly in the cylinder, and consequently a bit is shaved off when loading. It's not my "go to" rifle, (that is an AWA Lightning) but now that it's been worked on, it's a nice one. Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Black Powder replica. He took the gun back. All Armi San Marco black powder cap and ball and cartridge conversion models were discontinued in 2000. I lowered my ball size from .454 to 451 (pietta) and dropped my charge from 30 to 20 grains. They are two different Italian firearms manufacturing companies. Finish in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. Then little oil and you are set. I got them from EMF. Nice! Replica Arms was the first importer for ASM revolvers, the first being the 1847 Walker. One, an 1851 clone was built of the same parts produced by Uberti when they built the Colt "2nd Gen" percussion revolvers. Bah! I was told by the Chiappa folks, they changed the Armi Sport name to Chiappa because of this confusion. Fordyce Beals knew what he was doing. - 2) a few of the triggergaurd and backstrap screw heads have flaked a bitcosmetic only so far. FINISH SHOWS MODERATE HANDLING WEAR WITH LIGHT WEAR AND A NAVAL SCENE ENGRAVED ON THE CYLINDER. The last line about being used since before the civil war is technically inaccurate. That means that two Colt Peacemakers coming off the line 1 minute apart (11:59PM on Dec 31 1898 and 12:00 AM on Jan 1, 19 99, define the force of the law. I considered making a set of lamps out of them but decided to give them away at 1/3 of what I paid for them. One reason is I am new to bp and have no one to ask for help. Bore and chambers in very good+ $395.00 Add to Cart Compare Pietta Remington Percussion - C55996 Black powder is scary in the beginning. . Plain walnut grips. The 1858 Remington is a single-action, cap-and-ball percussion revolver, usually .44 caliber, although versions were also made in both .31 and .36 calibers. Definitely a 50-yard whitetail gun. The heavier loads are a bitch on my wrists so Ido plinking at about 20 grains. Dont ever get law and logic mixed up; they have nothing in common. Later David. It definitely seems that the makers will do as much quality control as is expected by the importer. There is some variability between brands of caps as well as manufacture of nipples. View more auctions here. Brass front sight, notched hammer rear sight. Pretty simple. I don't know whatever happened to that lawsuit or maybe it was just a rumor? WebThe 1858 Remington New Army is both a beautiful collectors piece and a rugged side arm. Howell Conversions - GATED 1858 Remington Pietta .45 LC. Im 75, so I move a bit slower than earlier today. Plain walnut grips. Excellent shape with no not for sale by BuffaloHunter4 on GunsAmerica.com the best online marketplace for buying and selling semi auto pistols, firearms, accessories, and collectibles : 972952045 BORE IS IN FAIR CONDITION. WebArmi San Marco Black Powder Revolvers Remington 1858 Army & Navy Parts List Sort by: Show Available 0 Schematic w/ Parts List 1 Barrel 2 Barrel Stud 3 Loading Lever Latch 4 Loading Lever Latch Spring 5 Latch Pin 6 Loading Lever 7 Loading Lever Link Pin 8 Loading Lever Link 9 Plunger 12 Loading Lever Screw 13 Base Pin 14 Cylinder 16 Bolt 17 Model: 1858. Like this guy. Take that, and cross reference it the list below. Same as for buying an 1873 Colt Peacemakerjust because it was designed prior to 1899 doesnt mean that you can have it shipped to your door. Are the parts hand made/fitted, or is the manufacture generic these days? Stainless steel. But, since we don't spin in SASS, it's not a problem I worry about. Click on the "Full Description" fore more info. 6d 19h left (Thu, 11:33 AM) $29.95 Buy It Now +$7.95 shipping Sponsored Genuine ASM & CVA - Stop Bolt - For Remington 1858 Revolver - Armi San Marco New (Other) $27.95 Buy It Now +$3.99 shipping Sponsored I had a pawl spring break on my late 1980's era EMF 1860 (Armi San Marco). Fordyce Beals. Ive got an Uberti rep with the brass frame, so loading above 25g of triple eff aint recommended. Finish in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. I have a spare cylinder in the LC so I can keep shooting just by swapping the cylinders. After just 2 shots it seizes up and wont cock. Changes were made in the production guns to make sure they could not be passed off as an original. Fine quality pistol, exhibits high standards of Theres something fun about putting the Glock 30 away and taking out the Peacemaker. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. In 2004 I orderd a Uberti 1851 Colt part from the very back of the Brownells catalog the Uberti part fit better than the original, with both parts out side by side the Uberti had better finnish, the 'ASM' part had tool marks and general over all rough apperance (probibly why it broke due to stress risers from the poorly finished part). Used Blued 1858 Cylinder Pins (will fit Pietta and ASM) 4 ea. My personal recipe for 1858 fun is 25 grains of holy black with a .454 diameter round lead ball seated firmly atop it. Barrel: 12 inch Price Realized: Details Payment Terms Shipping. I use the same 452s in my bps that my wife uses in her .45 acp both 452s with the ring shear it is still .450. His design has been in constant use since before the Civil War. That sucker started flipping all over the place. All Armi San Marco black powder cap and ball and cartridge conversion models were discontinued in 2000. If you want to make a guy worth killing, this should do it. I know we are here because our forefathers were able to bring down food with primitive firearms. Click on the "Full Description" fore more info. I had to put down an estimated 350- 400 pound bear that can in my camp and got into it with my dog. We spotted this boxed ASM Walker at a pawn and gun shop at a price I couldn't pass up. I take all three to the range regularly in the appropriate recreation leather. Of course, only shoot from distances from which you know you make clean, ethical kills. Armi San Marco is still making guns and they are known for making guns with bad workmanship. 1883 Burgess Manual. WebASM Hammer (1858) Check Stock Price US$38.50 Quantity Item 2 Code 111ASM002 Description Asm Hammer (1863 Pocket) Check Stock Price US$24.20 Quantity Item 3 These models have steel frames with German silver plated backstrap and trigger guard, inspectors cartouche on grip, and trade for approximately $20-$40 higher than standard My 1858 is an Uberti model previously owned by a North-South Skirmish Association member. Howell Conversions - GATED 1858 Remington Pietta .45 LC. View Item in Catalog Lot #242 (Sale Order: 241 of 708) Sold for: $120.00 to F****b "Tax, Shipping & Handling and Internet Premium Get an UpLula magazine loader. The Tom Selleck Western (from a Louis Lamour book) crossfire trail, the last scene has a virtual plethora of late 1800 iron in use by both the good and bad guys. All year long he trains the deer to come to his corn feeder. Slim Fit Leather Jackets is an online store that sells jackets for men and women with free shipping all over the world! Very scary as all get out. Watch Cabelas.com or Cabelas stores ( if you have one close to you) So feel free to experiment. I have one of these which I bought after a whole lot of looking and reading. 1885 High Wall Manual. Told the gunsmith I did not want a race gun, I just wanted it to work. Type: Revolver. Estimated Price: $400 - $600. ASM was one of the first Italian manufacturers back in 1960 along with Uberti. Shooting, Reading, Riding my Horses, Maintaining my Ranch, Conversing With Friends and Family, Fixing Guns, (good) Old Western Movies, CAS, guns and shooting, guitar, reading, writing, CAS, shooting of any kind, music, baseball, THINGS THAT GO BANG! Actually, percussion caps come in slightly different sizes, as do nipples. Used, bore is dirty, grips are worn. The standard pistol primer is an 11, but if it does not fit tightly and has to be squeezed to make it stay on, you have the wrong size. THE BORE IS 45 Caliber; 97% blue, good bore, excellent grips, 10'' barrel, ITALIAN REPRODUCTION OF A "W.MOORE-LONDON" SINGLE SHOT CAP & BALL PISTOL IN VERY GOOD OVERALL CONDITION. THSS TSRA NRA Life To sum up, if you want a gun that you can use for Years, Pass it onto your Son, or maybe even your Grandson, buy a steel framed Remington Style Revolver from Either Pietta, or A.Uberti & Son, and with due care and respect, the gun will last several lifetimes! Estimated Price: $400 - $600. Blued finish, plain walnut grips. I loaded it to Piettas speck of 15 grains, and the ball didnt make it past the forcing cone. I had the same problem. The definition includes any replica of an antique firearm if it is not designed or redesigned for usingrimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or uses rimfire or conventional centerfire ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States, and which is not readily available in ordinary channels of commercial trade. Blued finish, brass triggerguard, with walnut grips. I respect your opinion, but roll my eyes when you try to state that as a matter of fact when its an opinion. Used, shows wear and handling, small dings in the area of the cylinder pin end. 1873 Rifle Manual. Thanks for giving some info on the handgun side of the black powder world. If you load it with 30 grains, you get about 200 ft-lbs energy. Some shot high except a .36 Army San Marco Colt 1851 Navy. Some folks claim doing so helps prevent chain fires, or all the cylinders going off at once. My first cowboy pistol was an ASM EMF Hartford in .357, bought new in about '95 or '96. WebArmi San Marco ASM 2nd Model Dragoon ASM 1847 Walker ASM 1849 Pocket ASM 1849 Wells Fargo ASM 1858 1863 pocket ASM 1860 Army ASM 1861 Navy ASM 1862 1849 Wells Fargo ASM 1873 Single Action ASM 1892 Categories Armi San Marco Beretta Pedersoli Uberti Pietta Armi Sport [Chiappa] IAB [Pedretti] Sharps KIRST ", Colt cap-and-ball revolvers usually dont [have] safety notches.. I boil all my cylinders in a saucepan, and pour boiling water through the barrels of the guns. Frankly, I like the 45LC version better. It was Assistant District Attorney Ben Stone that shot LaHood. I have been cleaning black powder revolvers for almost 50 years. The 12 month average price is $290.50 new and $284.87 used. Some of it justifiedhowever if you know the reason then it's some what understandable. I ended up giving it to an NRA black powder teacher to use for show and tell, (to show his class how to ruin a beautiful piece by not properly cleaning before long term storage). ROFL, So nice to read about black powder stuff here. About 200 ft-lbs Energy Cimarron Thunderer and Chiappa (I visited them too) it a totally different story, rather "big" factory. There, you should find a roman numeral or two character alphabetical stamp. If were arbitrarily going to pick a time period of weaponry that makes you a true hunter, lets go caveman. I just purchased an ASM replica of a 1858 Remington 44 and was wondering if anyone had any information about it. I have three Sheriffs Models, and consider them SO GOOD, I carry one every day for Self-Defense! To add to the confusion Chiappa did purchase the 92 rifle tooling and left over parts from ASM. The only Armi San Marcos gun I have a repro 1858 Remington that I bought in the early 1980s and it works fine. It is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and great fun to shoot. For the first 50 rounds the cylinder was very tight and a pain in the butt to fit in and out of the frame, but it is broken in and now I can change it with ease, but Im still not as fast as Clint in Pale rider. Oil finished walnut stock with 44 BP; 97% blue, good bore, good grips, 7.5'' barrel, Made in Italy. The .44 ball over 35 grains is enough to kill a horse. I found Uberti cap & call cylinders a drop-in fit in both Uberti and Colt 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Navies and Armies. The 12 month average price is $290.50 new and $284.87 used. Before one can change a cylinder on the Colt Design, the pistol has to be field stripped, and just imagine yourself as a United States Cavalryman, trying to hold his excited horse under control, as he strips the Colt Type revolver down into thee parts, then somehow, (It helps to be ambidextrous & double Jointed!) 1876 Rifle Manual. Something went wrong. Great article. Still have one that is now a back up. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site. It is the reciever/frame of any gun that is the controlled part, basically the receiver or frame IS the gun, legally. swap out ok between the same model like the 1860 Army? Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Black Powder replica. THE LOCK IS IN THE WHITE. WebThis conversion cylinder assembly will convert your 1858 Remington ASM, Uberti or Pietta steel or brass .44 cap and ball revolver to fire .22 cartridges. Retail $300. My first BP was a 1861 Colt Navy in .36. THE BLUING IS NEAR FLAWLESS. So If you load the .44 Remington with something like 25 grains blackpoweder you only get about 100 ft-lbs energy. WebRemington 1858 Armi San Marco 44 Black powder loading and shooting 4,144 views May 17, 2015 37 Dislike Share Save Harri Miettinen 68 subscribers Subscribe Shooting I have several cap-and-ball revolvers, all made by Pietta. They supplied American retailers with replica firearms over the 1960s thru 1990s. The used value of an ARMI SAN MARCO pistol has fallen ($12.42) Its trigger was lightened for target use, so its ridiculously easy to fire. But it's action Oh, it's action REALLY stank. I noticed in the latest Taylors catalog that they are also using the name Armi in, front of the Chiappa name in that catalog. SOLD The 1858 Remington is a single-action, cap-and-ball percussion revolver, usually .44 caliber, although versions were also made in both .31 and .36 calibers. Armi San Marco was a family owned gun maker in Brescia, Italy. They moved the factory from where all the other factories are to a more remote area and some of the workers didn't want to leave their home so they lost a lot of expertise. the 1858 is Lee van Cleefs gun in Good, bad and the ugly. This was suggested by a good friend and serious black powder target shooter who has a couple of the 1858s. These models have steel frames with German silver plated backstrap and trigger guard, inspectors cartouche on grip, and trade for approximately $20-$40 higher than standard All you have to do is go inside of a gun made by them and you will see how bad it is. THE FRAME RETAINS 96% OF ITS CASE COLORS. Not Richards Mason, but Richards like Tom Selleck had in "Sabre River". FOOD, Lot 429: Armi San Marco Reproduction 1858 Revolver Two Reproduction Percussion Revolvers Auction Date: November 3, 2016 Estimated Price: $ 200 - $ 500 Price Realized: Details A) Armi San Marco Model 1858 Remington Revolver with Matching Box Manufacturer: ARMI SAN MARCO Model: 1858 Type: Revolver Gauge: 44 percussion 1866 Rifle Manual. BORE IS GOOD WITH GOOD 36 Caliber; 60% blue, fair bore, good grips, 5'' barrel, REPRODUCTION OF 1851 NAVY REVOLVER. Pietta "1858" CCH Hammer with lowered Spur by Ol' #4 30.00 + 2.75 shipping via USPS Selling as a set: Pietta Hammer, Trigger, Hand w/spring, Bolt/Trigger Spring and Hammer Spring 23.00 shipped. However, I am 99% sure this is an Armi San Marco because my Armi San Marco cylinders cycle, time and lock perfectly in this pistol and and they sent me a Pietta trigger which fit just fine. .44 Cal percussion. (Of course, if you want the value of a gun to quadruple, just buy it from me and wait five years.) I taught my neighbors son (after he turned 18) how to shoot black powder with my 1858 and he fell in love with the revolver, so I gave him a new one for college graduation. They now make a 92 rifles, but it does function better than the old ASM 92's. New in Box-never fired. Pietta and Uberti cylinders do not interchange. 1873 Single Action Manual. The conversion cylinders are also not regulated, so you can get all of those you want and no one has any record of it. By the way; it is a pretty decent movie in the class with Quiggley Down Under.almost. A great design of a pistol. THE BRIGHT BLUING IS EVEN THROUGHOUT. They supplied American retailers with replica firearms over the 1960s thru 1990s. A friend of mine purchased a 1874 Sharps repo made by them a few years. Lot 429: Armi San Marco Reproduction 1858 Revolver Two Reproduction Percussion Revolvers Auction Date: November 3, 2016 Estimated Price: $ 200 - $ 500 Price Realized: Details A) Armi San Marco Model 1858 Remington Revolver with Matching Box Manufacturer: ARMI SAN MARCO Model: 1858 Type: Revolver Gauge: 44 percussion I dont use grease on the cylinder. Most folks shoot them with charges down in the 20-grain range. I've had to do very little fitting on Uberti or Pietta replacement parts - Hammer/trigger/hand/bolt/cylinder/loading lever. For powder loads, the .36s usually run 15-20 grains (that is by volume, not by weightso you MUST use a measure), while most loads for .44s that Ive seen (all my guns are .36) are 25 to (max) 35 grains. February 24, 2015 in SASS Wire. 1883 Burgess Manual. This article makes me want to buy more guns! THE FRAME RETAINS 97% OF ITS CASE COLORS. I had one of the Pietta 1858 Remingtons and while I enjoyed shooting it and learning about the history and evolution of firearms, the cleaning requirements are intense. No rust on my guns! They are both shooters and I believe they will have a blast with this next time I visit. It has never been fired, came in the original box with the original booklet, and is in excellent condition. -drop safety-Hammer- - Z52776. If yu put a comment on his page, and advocate water to clean guns, he will immediatly foam at the mouth, delete your posting, and then tear a strip off your rear end for DARING to disagree with him! Snapped back so hard the hammer tore a chunk of meat from my thumb. Very good bore and chambers, with light corrosion present. However, I am 99% sure this is an Armi San Marco because my Armi San Marco cylinders cycle, time and lock perfectly in this pistol and The guns worked flawlessly in stock form when I sold them. Remington. Not to put too fine a point on an excellent review but the Preacher killed Marshal Stockburn at the end. Check out our forum: On a Remington 1858, all you have to do is flip down the loading lever, pull the cylinder pin forward, and ECCO! BORE IS NEAR MINT WITH EXCELLENT RIFLING. The rifle is the best looking gun in my collection, even better than my Henry. Perfect for display and target shooting. A nice write-up and while it may be legal to take deer with the load described I would note that said load has less power than the 44-40 out of a m-92 carbine, a close range proposition to be sure. And man, do we have a lot of Bambis kin running loose here. I have a Pietta with after-market Tresso nipples that are just slightly smaller and regular caps fall off, but Dynamil Nobel 1075s fit perfectly. .44 Cal percussion. WebDescription: Remington Model 1858 New Model Army Revolver, .44 caliber. Some of it justifiedhowever if you know the reason then it's some what understandable. Gauge: 44 percussion. Of course, I didn't run them like the hot shoes. A home run! I had a pawl spring break on my late 1980's era EMF 1860 (Armi San Marco). I had a few ASMs in the very early days. WOODEN GRIPS ARE 44 Caliber; 95% blue, near mint bore, near mint grips, 8'' barrel, REPRODUCTION 1858 NEW MODEL ARMY REVOLVER IN NEAR MINT CONDITION. Which further compromised the already doubtfull Accuracy of the Colt Style revolver! This page was last updated: 04-Mar 00:33. The Kirst conversion is named after probably the most famous cinematic example of the 1858 Remington rapid cylinder change, the final gunfight from Clint Eastwoods Pale Rider. Blued finish, brass triggerguard, with walnut grips. You have the names confused. The strong top-strap design, the ease of swapping cylinders and the safety notches are all reasons why so many modern cap-and-ball shooters still turn to Fordyce Beals design. What are those little balls for? My dad of course saw them when they were new. Web1858 Remington, Richards Mason & Open Top Conversion Manual. A) Armi San Marco 1858 New Model Percussion Revolver. BORE IS GOOD 44 Caliber; 80% blue, good bore, very good grips, 8'' barrel, REPRODUCTION NEW MODEL ARMY REVOLVER IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. This version features improved accuracy. See each listing for international shipping options and costs. New in Box-never fired. I've heard the stories of ASM's being of poor quality, however these two .45's are very nice. Rolling One can shoot all day on a pittance. Fits .44 and .36 7.25 ea + 2.75 shipping via USPS 1 ea. Web* Armi San Marco, copy of Remington Model 1858, .44 cal, s/n 61367, black powder revolver. The other was a blued adjustable-sight Old Army that was just sheer round-ball hilarious to shoot. 5.5" barrel in .45 Colt. Thatd be 24 shots of fairly rapid fire, not shabby even by todays standards. 1876 Rifle Manual. I had not planned to involve myself in another topic, but there was so much conflicting information about what guns do and do not require involvement of the BATF.
Endicott Lacrosse Coaches, Oahu Real Estate Market 2022, Vancouver Nightclubs 1980s, Karen And Chad Urban Dictionary, Matt Kaulig Biography, Articles A