Become a member to add images to your comments. Please note: All of our vehicles receive a comprehensive pre-delivery inspection before leaving our dealership. Needs tune up starts right up but sounds terrible do to exhaust leak and I believe intake gaskets are leaking as well. Would rather spend more and have to do less - if I can! Sacramento, CA The cowled hood hides underneath it a 320ci Inline 141hp 8-cylinder engine with a single 2-barrel carburetor and a 3-speed manual transmission on back. General Motors had some of the best-looking bodies around in the late 1930s, and Buick was the cream of the crop. Originally a nice clean Montana car which he acquired in 1999 and then restored, has all receipts for all work which was done. Silver Creek Classics. It just doesnt look like a hot rod or restorod. V12 If you are looking for "The One" then step up and drive this beauty home. WINNERS UPDATE Question of the Week: What's Your Favorite Print Ad For a Car Part? Take one look at the 1938 Buick, though, and at least one thing should strike you as different; look at the length of that hood! Additional underside photos can be seen in the gallery. 1938 Buick Special Opera Coupe Dave Castine 908 subscribers Subscribe Share 11K views 7 years ago SOLD to Switzerland! Special coupes of both business and Opera types are not difficult to find on the internet. - , ' . Still, it's nice to dream. .switcher .selected a.open {background-image:url(//www.schmitt.com/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/arrow_up.png)} It was also referred to as a Master Six thanks to its engine. If thats all flat glass, making the cockpit weather-tight again may not break the bank. [Pennsylvania] . Just in from same collection of 1939 Buicks (other one is our 1939 Buick all stock blue sedan). 4 days ago on USClassifieds4all If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, (314)291-7000 or credit@schmitt.com. The car is in excellent running condition, drives comfortably at 70 mph. should, has a 3 speed overdrive trans, new white wall radial tires with matching spare , all lights gauges work like they should, lots of documentation, paper work and hard to find extra parts come with this awesome car. What a difference it would make. I was actually talking to someone on the phone trying to buy it when someone else grabbed it. If so please use the bidding box above. If cost were no object, Id say chop the top, lay the windshield back, and section the body to go along with those wide but stretched fenders. A new frame with a more powerful mill and reshape the rear window and rear of the fenders. 1938 BUICK SPECIAL, ORIGINAL RESTORATION, STRAIGHT 8,, 3 SPEED, 1938 Buick Special Sedan straight 8 cylinder high quality restoration, 1938 Buick Special / Series 40 / 2-dr Opera Coupe. And the expertly deleted bumper gives everyone a terrific view of this front end when you arrive. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. February 27, 2018 in Buick - Buy/Sell. info@schmitt.com, Showroom Hours Hose clamps and the ubiquitous Mr. Gasket clear fuel filter suggest running condition in the 70s or 80s. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please enable JavaScript to engage in the discussion on this site. Power is transferred to the rear wheels through a three-speed manual transmission. rare for coupe to have twin sidemounts for spare wheels. Copyright 2023 Classic Cars for Sale - Streetside Classics - Sell My Classic Car. [volume] (Waterbury, Conn.) 1917-1946, April 29, 1941, Page FIFTEEN, Image 15, brought to you by Connecticut State Library, Hartford, CT, and the National Digital Newspaper Program. 2 door fixed-head coup FR 3SA 4065 cm3/248.1 cuin 108 PS 107 bhp 80 kW. but she wasn't crazy about it. I can My 38 Sport Coupe is all stock, except for adding AC. Due to this reason, all vehicles are sold AS IS. Sunday: Closed, .switcher {font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;text-align:left;cursor:pointer;overflow:hidden;width:163px;line-height:17px;} Track recent comps for the classic or exotic cars you own - or the cars you want. Advertised for "parts or restoration," it's no surprise that the car has already been picked over for chrome, glass, bumpers, running boards, instruments, and other parts. God bless America. Newsletter - March 2nd New In, Daniel Schmitt & Co. .switcher a {text-decoration:none;display:block;font-size:10pt;-webkit-box-sizing:content-box;-moz-box-sizing:content-box;box-sizing:content-box;} First things first are these amazing bodylines from the 1938 Buick Special Coupe Back in the year when Errol Flynn immortalized Robin Hood, whenWalt Disney dazzled the world with Snow White, when Buick Torque Tube rear end A-arm independent front suspension1938 Whistler Gray Metallic paint Guide Super Rays in split front bumper Stop For sale! It would be nice to keep it a straight eight, but a small block v-8 with 4 speed or automatic would also be nice. [Virginia] 1939 . My Phather was born in 1918 and by the time I was 9 years old I could identify every car on the road and then some. .switcher .option a.selected {background:#FFC;} Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM I have a 4dr 38 that would be a perfect parts car to build this coupe. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. The browser you are using is no longer supported! Stolen. In Black Lake Wa. You're the high bidder. 1938 Buick Coupes for Sale (1 - 7 of 7) $12,900 1938 Buick Special Coupe 350ci V8 Stamford, CT. . Based on these photos I wouldn't touch the paint. Gone are these magestic powerhouses, but there legacy of beauty will live phorever. Auctions Search Auctions Live Now Premium For sale is a beautiful 1938 Chevrolet 2DR sedan classic restomod. Transmission: gm 350 with column shift rear end: gm 10 bolt posi with 3.08 gears exhaust: dual exhaust with flow-masters for nice throaty sound u, Complete frame off restoion between 2002 and 2004 by Regal Roadsters in Madison, WI 248 CID Dynaflash straight eight cylinder motor overbored. Family owned and operated for over 50 years, we are a classic and luxury car gallery, committed to delivering some of the rarest, highest-quality classic cars, to customers worldwide. Please note: Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer. I am the 3rd owner of mine. DAA Industry Opt Out Gorgeous!!! etc. The maroon car is a solid deal. 02. [Georgia] 1922 Buick Touring 4-Cyl. Likely, make a great mild resto mod. About 30 years ago I did some restoration work to a similar car, so I know a little bit about them. The maroon one isn't so solid if it's the one in CT. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. By The five-digit odometer shows 90k miles, approximately 20k of which were added by the seller over the last 53 years. Sure would be helpful if there was more information provided I think that the late 30s Buicks are beautiful cars. Daniel Schmitt & Co. reserves the right to end the auction at any time. $15,995 Dealership CC-1376531 1952 Buick Coupe Just not available in every town and that one looks neglected. LOL!! Although there really isnt enough to go on for me to be able to identify it. 1972 . Engine swap only if you were inclined to go that way. We do not manufacture our product. I dont see a floor shiftit could be a semi automatic that Buick tried in 1938. 314-291-7000. All purchases include an additional $385 processing fee which covers the processing of paperwork, pre-vehicle delivery costs, FedEx shipping fees, and a 30-day temporary registration plate so that the vehicle can be driven prior to the title transfer. it is a California car you guys, come on you could do sooo much with this awesome fastback.Im just getting to old to take on a project like this.. 20 years ago, Riviera 401 Nailhead drive train would be the way to go.. Please choose to download one of the following options for an improved browsing experience: Chrome (Download ), Microsoft Edge ( Download ) or Mozilla Firefox ( Download ). For sale! It has a 396/350HP Engine, 3spd Auto Trans, Hurst Floor shi, 1938 Buick Special Coupe Back in the year when Errol Flynn immortalized Robin Hood, when Walt Disney, 38 Buick Century 4 door. As did the 40 Cads. buying and selling classic and collector vehicles. 250,000 . Go for it. For Sale: **1938 BUICK SPECIAL BUSINESS COUPE** - $24,999 (KENT) - "Not Mine" Automobiles For Sale - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums All Activity Home BUY AND SELL Automobiles and Parts - Buy/Sell "Not Mine" Automobiles For Sale For Sale: **1938 BUICK SPECIAL BUSINESS COUPE** - $24,999 (KENT) very littlerust. International buyers: Whether you are looking to buy a foreign exotic car or a premium American classic car, Daniel Schmitt & Company is ready to help you find the automobile of your dreams. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. 1938 Buick Opera For Sale. Looks like its been used for a parts car. These buick coupes are getting 1938 Buick Century Coupe I have for sale only a 1938 Buick Coupe with less than 8k miles on full restore. It's here on the west coast in Seattle WA. Copyright 2023, Antique Automobile Club of America. I'll probably go to my grave wishing I could afford one. This is an unmolested all original car and everything is there. . :). I think the straight 8 chassis is too narrow to take a small block, but I do know a guy who got a Buick nailhead in his. price 28,000. The seats are finished in tan cloth with matching door panels and carpets. We're seeing more and more "dare to be different" hot rods, and if you have a taste for a little luxury with your performance, this 1938 Buick 40 Special deserves a closer look. Manage Settings Retro Rides Gathering 2022. .switcher .selected a:hover {background:#F0F0F0 url(//www.schmitt.com/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/arrow_down.png) 146px center no-repeat;} .switcher .selected {background:#FFFFFF url(//www.schmitt.com/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/switcher.png) repeat-x;position:relative;z-index:9999;} 1938 Buick Special Coupe $7,500 Total price 1,938 miles Montgomery Village, Maryland Transmission: gm 350 with column shiftrear end: gm 10 bolt posi with 3.08 gearsexhaust: dual exhaust with flow-masters for nice throaty soundunder carriage:. Select a 1938 Buick Model . We use cookies to personalize your experience. If its a 6, then its a Century series. It had a 5 windoe coupe and was available as a business coupe or a opera coupe which had the little folding seats. If this were a Ford in this condition wed be knocking each other over to pay $2,000 for it. Buying Advice. If you don't win, your existing pre-authorization will be released. Vance, READ THIS FIRST! I know that LaSalles did in the mid-30s, but 40 Cadillacs had 346 flathead V8s. About this vehicle This 1938 Buick Special is an original. What looks like the (reversed) radiator obscures the straight-eight engine. Did you mean to enter this number as a bid? Silver Creek, MN 55358. Car 1938 Buick Other SPORT COUPE DUAL SIDE MOUNTS 8 CYL 3 SPD Offered here is one of the most beautiful classics we have sold. V . With my 1940 56S now settled in pretty well, I am looking to add to the stable. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We offer pre-purchase inspections of any car upon request. Question of the Week: What's the Best Factory-Turbocharged Car? If you don't win, the pre-authorization will be released. That would be a tough call on this one, I guess it would depend on how much rust there is and how much you really wanted to spend on it . Your real-time updates could not be connected. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. .switcher .selected a {border:1px solid #CCCCCC;background:url(//www.schmitt.com/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/arrow_down.png) 146px center no-repeat;color:#666666;padding:3px 5px;width:151px;} 1938 Buick 840 Special We caught up with Tom and Des Ham at this year's David Hack Classic event. Decoding the Fisher body tag provides the following information: Congratulations! 3 speed on live auction with no reserve may the highest bidder win, very rare and hard to 1938 Buick Eight Coupe Restomod 1938 Buick Eight Business Coupe Restomod Complete frame-off restoration between 2002 and 2004 by Regal Gateway Classic Cars of Fort Lauderdale presents this unique 1938 Buick Special Coupe. .switcher a:hover img {opacity:1;} Amateurs or youngsters might be forgiven for thinking that all 30s business coupes look the same, as a rather consistent formula influenced the lines of many such cars of that description. The M45, from which the LG 45 was born (with a little help from W.O. Runs and drives but will need work has bad exhaust leak. Build. AGAIN.. Before you take pics, wash the d_mn thing. But the best upgrade is reserved for the engine bay. Theres some other non-standard cosmetic stuff, but nothing major I can see. Call or e-mail us today to arrange a test drive. .switcher a img {vertical-align:middle;display:inline;border:0;padding:0;margin:0;opacity:0.8;} It would be very costly to bring this beautiful machine back to factory new status. It has the straight 8 valve in head "Dynaflash" engine. Advertised as an Opera Coupe, this 1928 Buick appears to be what was known as a Series 129, five-passenger coupe by virtue of its back seat and landau bars. So there you go! August 7, 2022 in "Not Mine" Automobiles For Sale, https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/seattle-1938-buick-special-business/7518276641.html, Im helping with selling my 90 year old fathers pride and joy his 1938 Buick Specail model 46 Busniess Coupe. This Special Sport Coupe is being offered on dealer consignment with service records, owners and shop manuals, a Buick-branded tire gauge and coveralls, trophies, and New York registration. Make: Buick: Model: Century Series 60: Type: Coupe: Year: 1939: Mileage: 822: . * Rates vary depending on year of car, length of term and credit score. classiclines 1937 Buick Special Custom $34,995 Very nice 1937 Buick Special business coupe. But more than just updated power, this thoughtful custom was built for comfort, too. .switcher .option::-webkit-scrollbar-track{-webkit-box-shadow:inset 0 0 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);border-radius:5px;background-color:#F5F5F5;} Scottsdale, AZ 6 years at classiccars.com 3 2,900 1938 Buick Special Deluxe sedan gasoline She was on the road last a couple of years ago.this stunning car will not disapoint. Cars For Sale 1986 - 1995. Too bad its on the left coast. As Daniel Schmitt & Co. reviews will attest, we focus on providing a world-class automobile shopping experience with thorough descriptions and detailed images - an absolute must in the digital age, when many of our classic and investment cars are sold online. Don't miss what's happening in your neighborhood. 1938 Buick Special Coupe Back in the year when Errol Flynn immortalized Robin Hood, when Walt Disney . 80 kW. My Wallet CREDIT & TERM MONTHLY BUDGET DOWN PAYMENT TRADE-IN VALUE Used 1987 Buick Regal Coupe 105,998 0 miles See estimated payment Volo Auto Museum wish I was on that end of the Country to go look at it. Anyway, if you want responses, you would do better to name a price, what you might consider trading it for, does it run, where is it, more photos, more information4 door convertibles aren't as desirable as convertible coupes, and they cost more to restore. Interior is grey, has push button radio, heater, spot lights, sun visor, fog lights, stream boards and side mounts. Also doesnt look like a car with enough parts to put it together anyway. Daily newspaper from Denton, Texas that includes local, state, and national news along with advertising. LaSalle and Cadillac. Welcome to Cadillac & LaSalle Club Discussion Forum. WOW that's a nice car. 1938 V 12 Drop Head Coup" - For Sale. 1937 Buick Special Opera Coupe OriginalClassic East Palatka, Florida, United States Strait 8 Manual 9999 1937 1938 Buick Century Model 60 Opera Coupe Drive Train Pikeville, Kentucky, United States 8 Manual 57,000 1938 1924 Buick coupe Bryan, Texas, United States 40,500 1924 1924 Buick Allentown, New Jersey, United States straight 6 Manual BELIEVED TO BE ONLY 47,018 ORIGINAL MILES! If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. We're seeing more and more "dare to be different" hot rods, and if you have a taste for a little luxury with your performance, this 1938 Buick 40 Special deserves a closer look. 1940 Chevrolet Coupe 1941 Ford 11Y truck 1954 Buick Special 48D 1955 Packard Clipper 1957 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe Relax and cruise with the blue underglow lighting th. But maybe someone will want this! She is 18 feet long. ( Olympia ) there is/was a wrecking yard for 39 chevys. Home ; Search for Specifications Find automobile specifications; Directory of Services Listing of dealers, companies and individuals offering cars, parts and services for antique, classic, vintage and muscle cars. The preponderance of missing parts likely takes this one out of the running for a full-on stock restoration, but could work to the advantage of custom builders. If it is not feasible for you to personally perform an inspection, we will gladly help facilitate an inspection by an independent service center of your choice and will make delivery arrangements of the vehicle for this purpose. Post in the forum instead. I would prefer a Century but will consider a Special with sidemounts. flPiir-iwiwH-twfaiiti (Sw WWWwWfV e -update I. J, V. r i " 1 ' f M , ' njl . (open until 5:00 by appointment) Its handsome dual grille coordinates nicely with the wide flowing fenders and cool bullet-shaped headlights to give it a very substantial presence. As we are currently experiencing a high volume of sales, we are doing everything in our power to deliver your vehicle as soon as possible! Tweet Share Ad Reference ID:6658b460b85bb53 No Tags Views 1548 For Sale - Buick Opera coupe 1938 superb car . Contact Us - DO NOT EMAIL CAR QUESTIONS. The car is finished in black over tan and equipped with 16 steel wheels with whitewall tires, driving lights, rear jump seats, and an AM radio. Interior is immaculate and retrimmed to exact original condition with correct material at huge expense.all new rubbers etc door seals etc all round.correct woodgrain applied to dash etc.brand new running boards and beautiful recast steering wheel.a complete new period wiring harness has been fitted.new glass channels and runners,quarterlight rubbers etc etc.car is manual 3 speed floor change. Theres a clean maroon one listed that is almost $9,000 less and is very nice. Warranty Available. Intake and carburetors are gone. It is either a business coupe or sport coupe. She is totally stock still on 6 volt.starts great and runs like a sewing machine.has discreet indicators fitted. Continue with Recommended Cookies, 1962 Chevrolet Corvette3 days$33,750Bid Now, 1978 Chevrolet Corvette4 days$2,100Bid Now, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III5 days$3,000Bid Now, 1961 Volkswagen Samba Deluxe 23-Window8 days$5,000Bid Now. may consider sale. Lap belts have been added, and an analog clock and an AM radio are fitted in the dash. 1933' Buick Albemarle By Carlton Carriage. .switcher .option::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {border-radius:5px;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3);background-color:#888;}, Cars of Stars Book | Gallery | Videos | Blog | Reviews | Terms & Conditions | About | Contact | Job Opportunities, Copyright document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); Daniel Schmitt & Co. | All Rights Reserved, 1938 BUICK SERIES 80 ROADMASTER MODEL 81 TOURING SEDAN. Attempting to connect. We empower classic and exotic car buyers, sellers, and enthusiasts with insights for the collector car industry - including market values, price comparisons, listing alerts and more. I showed it to the wife. I know, maybe Ill just call! 53-Years-Owned 1938 Buick 46S Sport Coupe for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $25,250 on May 29, 2021 (Lot #48,743) | Bring a Trailer Bid for the chance to own a 53-Years-Owned 1938 Buick 46S Sport Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. If you want a test drive or more details and pictures Get notified when we have new listings available for 1938 buick coupe. This Buick is located in Trinidad . The standard of restoration was very very high.drop me an email/call etc and any details can be explained fully and more pictures can be sent.thanks Chris. Despite our best efforts to verify a vehicles mechanical condition, we are not able to warranty a manufacturers workmanship or a previous owners diligence in care of said vehicle. Thanks. The business coupe does not. I am selling here my Buick Coupe for the best price on the market because i need money and i am not using it anymore. That's because the full custom treatment is continued into the interior. My votes for gray. Or subscribe without commenting. The bright copper metallic paint certainly makes the Buick a real attention-grabber, and it nicely sets up the bright slats in the hood and full-length trim. This Buick is a custom build that offers true distinction and all the right comforts. The Buick 8 badge up front isn't lying about being an eight-cylinder car, but one peek under the hood, and you'll see that beneath the color-matched air grabber is a 350 cubic-inch small block. Serious Buyers Only. I bet the gauges, trim etc. A full-size spare is stored in the trunk. Also has buick heater and original factory fitted radio. More missing chrome up front no doubt helps account for the lack of bids, but a custom front-end doesnt need bumpers or other costly chrome to stand out. From the skimpy pics it looked all right, but who knows how much work to even get it dependable. Newsletter - February 23rd Ne, Daniel Schmitt & Co. The color is Whistler Gray which is a brownish gray color. The decision to either rod or restore may well be determined by one simple digit on the Fisher Body Co. ID plate on the right side of the firewall. Man, I chewed a lot of bazooka gum! (Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads). However I would remove all the extra reflectors and doo dads from the front bumper. 1938 BUICK SERIES 80 ROADMASTER MODEL 81 TOURING SEDAN SPECTACULAR, FRAME-OFF RESTORATION! Really nice. Retro Car Chat. Readers Rides. CLASSIC.COM is a trademark of CLASSIC.COM LLC. They were available with 6 or 8 cylinders and used the Pontiac L head engine. Shipping costs vary depending on vehicle size, fuel prices, and carrier type. California Notice at Collection Something this quality and unique won't stay long in our showroom. Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: V8 Swapped! We work closely with many banking institutions that understand and recognize the collector value of classic cars and view them as an investment, which allows us to help you get the financing you need so that you can have the car you have dreamed of. auction. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_4',148,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Wow! .switcher .option a:hover {background:#FFC;} That trashed interior could use a wash, too. Please be advised that no verbal statements concerning any vehicle constitutes a representation or warranty of said vehicle.
Morristown Club Membership Fee, Transferred To The Business Personal Photography Equipment Journal Entry, North Carolina Family Court Case Search, Damar Kaminski Funeral Home, Mayor Of Hamilton Salary, Articles OTHER