Here are the 140 things Jehovah Witnesses can't do: (1) Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. Regarding the special nature of October 1914, the Jehovah's Witnesses say this: "'The appointed times of the nations' ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God's heavenly King. I knew all the people coming in and out with cakes and flowers; I had grown up with them for my entire childhood, and they were like a second family. ( Psalm 83:18; Revelation 4: 11) He is the God of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. (139) Greet or talk with disfellowshipped persons (with some exceptions), (140) Associate with disfellowshipped persons except for immediate family living in the same house. to last them a lifetime. Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in sex before marriage - and dating isn't condoned unless they bring along a chaperone as well. Be careful what you do and worship ONLY GOD and NOT man. i would also like to discuss though. Jesus Christ is God's agent, through whom sinful humans can be reconciled to God. That was changed by the emperor Constantine. You shall not be a drunkard or rely on alcohol. Since you must have seen or met one before in your life, youll agree with me on this that there ideology is so different from that of other Christian believers. Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. Worship Jesus as God" Oh, the horror! Engage in any homosexual activity or accept the homosexual behavior of others. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". JWs are allowed to take their watchtower magazines and shove them up their ass. 100 things jehovah's witnesses can't do. Study and know what you are getting into. Associate with apostates (Those who have willfully left the religion). Because if it, my introverted side is very much a part of my life. The deal according to the JW is always and forever. Withhold any information about so-called wrongdoing from the elders. Say a prayer in the presence of a Jehovahs Witness man. Since the general assumption is that relationship changes people. Eat anything that contains blood products, such as black pudding. The college thing changed a few decades ago, because we recognize that now you have trouble paying bills with no degree. A woman should not pray in the presence of a baptized male JW. Fear of judgment or reprisals from your peers or guilt by not following the FFDS which is directed by Jehovah, disappointment from Almighty God. men can have beards, your kids can go to science camp for a week with worldly kids, go to the prom, be apart of girl scouts with other worldly kids? "On the same day, one guy spat in our cart and another man said people like us should be gassed." by Rebecca Baden. Download. Do I think they are brainwashed? They will not vote. My major question is about the distribution of personal assets, including real estate, bank accounts, investment accounts from a deceased Jehovah Witness? Slightly concerned at Jevovahs being cool with the sexual abuse of children but not with me rubbing my tug? The world is a pejorative term in the mouth of Jehovahs Witness, which is the world as we know it. Y not just read the thread that was already created about this very subject? Do Jehovahs Witnesses use any sort of weaponry (usually on a persons feet and/or lower legs) which can cause debilitation, amputations, etc. JESUS was NOT born on Dec. 25th. 3 You can't save your friends with a blood transfusion. Some of the scriptures are still accurate but many are not. Is the Jehovahs Witness version of the Bible true? Someday the evil of willful ignorance and self-righteousness of people like you will be eliminated and then we can save mankind. Practice yoga or attend meditation classes. : Attend College (The Society has lightened up on this somewhat, but if you attend you are not putting Kingdom interests first, and will be judged. That poster is NOT a Biblical scholar, and has NOT read the Bible, and has NOT learned Hebrew. Like a robot they just give a blank stare or maybe with a slight grin Give it time. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Biblically, while it is true that there is only one God ( Isa. Jehovah's Witnesses are a Christian denomination known for door-to-door proselytism and refusing blood transfusions, among other things. Why do you think that the comment section is for d. Since 1976, practices have also been based on decisions made at closed meetings of the . "When a person dies, he ceases to exist. The word parousia (presence) is Greek and it suggests that Jesus Christ would appear again with an invisible presence. 22. I cant see the logic of how Im attired makes any difference to God or my wish to know more about a religious group with the possibility of being a member. It also mentions that the related Ugaritic word hwt means spell, curse. In as much as you called yourself a true believer and follow of Jehovah witness, you cant disagree with other peoples doctrine. He only cares about the condition of our hearts. Advertisement. I dont fault people that want it but its not a good cult in my opinion. Hi Phil! Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Serve in the military or any of its supporting roles. Here are the 140 things Jehovah Witnesses cant do: JEHOVAH WITNESSES CANT: (1) Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. Most accept love this org. Now let's examine some questions related to topics directly addressed in the Bible. If you dont tithe at least 10% of what youre worth then your out. He said He would raise His very body. The specific number is most likely from this video, or some similar source. 14. In no place does the Bible state that God prohibits cremation. They seem happy enough and thats good enough. "Overseers of Jehovah's People", an article in the group's publication called the Watchtower . Jehovah's Witness: Cremation & the Bible. Wear pants to a meeting. The leadership clearly states that members should not give the impression that the organization cannot assist any person materially. And one other thing, the Book of Revelation is anything but! Bible says MAN WILL FAIL YOU, BUT GOD WILL NEVER FAIL YOU!!! One of the many things Jehovah witnesses can't do is socializing with the non-believers. According to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the faith has more than 138,000 members in the UK, and more than eight million internationally. (106) Acknowledge any prayer spoken by a non believer as valid, (107) Take another Jehovahs Witness to court (with exceptions), (112) Believe in miracles (except those found in the Bible), (117) Consult with a psychic or become one, (118) Study tarot cards, get a reading or give a reading, (120) Dabble in ESP (extrasensory perception), dowsing, or divination, (121)Use a tool such as a pendulum to access information from the spiritual realm. Conflict arises at times with the medical staff concerning how best to manage their care. Go to Nightclubs Read philosophy, sociology, psychology; these are discouraged as non spiritual food JWs are discouraged from seeking psychological help from psychiatrists, psycho-therapists, and psychologists because they give "worldly" advice according to the WTBTS. No more than four-in-ten members of the group belong to any one racial and ethnic background: 36% are white, 32% are Hispanic, 27% are black and 6% are another race or mixed race. The reason behind this ban is to prevent their followers from listening to the doctrine of other Christian believe which might shake their faith. Chances are they will include such behaviors as murder and genocide, animal and human sacrifice, torture, child abuse, animal abuse, theft, slavery, rape, incest, cannibalism, betrayal and lying. One of the many things Jehovah witnesses cant do is socializing with the non-believers. It was written over thousands of years by people who believed different things. I like an even amount of marshmallows on my spoon for each bite. Worldly people is a pejorative term in the mind of a Jehovahs Witness as well. (7) Disagree with their organizations doctrines. You wouldn't not be a JW if you did go anyway. They equalled the politicians as being the devils advocate. However, we have good reasons to believe the body that died on the cross is the same body that rose three days later, leaving an empty tomb. Required fields are marked *. Likewise, the bible does not instruct us on what we should do with our bodies after we die. 15. How Much Cash Can You Legally Keep at Home in the US, the UK, and Canada? The Levi priest copied and compiled the content of became the OT in 587 BCE while in captivity. 1 "Jehovah's first creation was his 'only-begotten Son' . This post has been closed to new comments. 4. I assure you, if they did, they would be all-in for Donald Trump. Some are biblical, but MOST are not. Jehovahs Witnesses publications also suggest that Witnesses listen to this music in their personal time. An exception to this is where such person is an immediate family living in under the same roof. YOU can study about him. Just clear tips and lifehacks for every day. Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954, after which they were told such worship was idolatrous. When he made a mistake he believed with all of his heart that God had abandoned him and that he was not worthy. Jehovah's Witnesses often talk about John 1:1 and . Perhaps better than defining evil ones self, ask Christians to list behaviors they use to identify evil. Why does voltage decrease when current increases? Satan is everywhere. Wear pants at a meeting if youre a woman, Spend the night in the same house with a person of the opposite sex, Passion-arousing heavy petting or caressing of breasts, will rely on Jehovah and not try to defend themselves, Jehovahs Witnesses were systematically massacred because their organization did not allow them to purchase a card indicating endorsement of the Malawi Congress Party, A list of Jehovahs Witness Rules You wont Believe Are Real, Did Jerusalem Fall in 607BC or 587BC? Associate with a disfellowshipped or disassociated individual, whether they are family or not. Updated on October 15, 2019. Homosexuality is not acceptable. Wear anything other than business attire to meetings. Its against the teaching of Jehovah witness believers to draw tattoo of any kinds on their body. this wasn't a seculded congregation saying this. While the Bible does not lay out a list of explicit words to steer clear from, it is clear that Christians are to stay away from filthy language, unwholesome talk, and crude joking. Christians are instructed to keep from being polluted by the world and to reflect the image of God, therefore Christians should not . The Hebrew word (I have actually studied Hebrew, but I dont claim to know Hebrew, as I have only scratched the surface, yet) used is hasatan, which is not a name, but a common noun (and common noun is a linguistic term that refers to nouns like cat, house, water, etc., as opposed to proper nouns, like John, Mary, God, Satan, etc. It contains deliberate changes to many verses of Scripture. Apply for a divorce without proving to the elders that their spouse is guilty of adultery. 1 What can Jehovah Witnesses not do list? If a degree will help us make more money working less hours so we can have amoretti balanced life and time for spiritual growth, all the better. Question or reject any Jehovahs Witness teachings or beliefs. The result is that you look like an asshole every time someone sneezes as you just sit there staring at them blankly. Stop attending door-to-door service or meetings. (61) Be gay or lesbian. You shall not lie, but you may refrain from telling the truth to those Jehovah's Witnesses deem do not deserve it. What can you not do as a Jehovah Witness? THEY DONT READ THE BOOK let alone learn HEBREW LIKE I DID. There is no specific teaching in the Bible that prohibits this celebration. The simple answer to this question is no, Jehovah's Witnesses do not drink alcohol. Breaking off an engagement without a good reason to do so. In fact, 41 countries - or around a fifth (21%) of those evaluated - banned at least one religion-related group in 2019, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of laws and policies in effect in 198 countries in 2019, the most recent year for which comprehensive data is available. Jesus is the creator! In the NT it was about love and tolerance. One of the main reasons why dating non believer is to prevent mood swings. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. (2) Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovahs Witnesses. Job got 10 new kids, that were more beautiful than the first ones or at least his three new daughters were extremely beautiful. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. I get ALL of that I really do, but they are right about Xmas being a pagan holiday. Jehovahs Witnesses do not observe holidays they believe to have pagan origins, such as Christmas, Easter, and birthdays. The video states that only those instances in the Bible where a specific number was given are included. The code of conduct of the Jehovah witness prohibited dancing immodesty in a public place and theres a disciplinary action against the naysayers. Send Us News, Gist, more to citypeopleng@gmail.com | Probably the best thing I ever did for my children was to cut all ties with the Witnesses. As a girl or a woman, you cant pierce your ear or nose so is the circumstance for the opposite sex too. I was very young when I was encouraged to get married and have children so Im afraid to say I followed that advice for a while. The Jehovahs Witness organization has produced its own bogus version of the Bible. Once you are a believer, you must adhere strictly to its mode of operations. Twin girls with JW parents/family graduated from h.s. Lets forget about the average looking daughters that God killed with the help of his opposer-angel. My father was a devout Jehovah's Witness from the 1980s until May 5, 2017, when he died without warning. They went back when I was 16 and my dad was reinstated. Its frustrating to feel like you want answers and they dont come. They may well deny that this actually happened but just ask them to speak with their elders to confirm it or research it themselves. Since 2001, the literature produced by the Watch Tower Society is said to have been "published by Jehovah's Witnesses". I personally thank God daily for leading me towards a path that allowed me to see what a cult they are. 10. However, its against the doctrine of the Jehovah witness to worship Jesus as God. In most cases, this comes in the form of a judicial hearing, likely to end in disfellowshipping, where the offenders family will be required to shun them and cut them off. 100 Questions Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Answer contains a collection of fascinating, intriguing and challenging questions about God, the Bible and the beliefs and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses. EXCLUSIVE: GTBank UK MD-CEO Gbenga Alade Weds DAED Empire Launches Record Label & Fashion Family, Staff & Friends Set To Celebrate No Accreditation, No Voting In Kogi, Bayelsa Polls INEC. What Happened in 1914 According to Jehovahs Witnesses? Clothing and attire are regulated at meetings and conventions and in the individuals personal life. Associate with a disfellowshipped believer, Tristan Tate Biography, Full Name, Age, Net Worth (2023), Whistlindiesel Biography, Real Name, Age, Net Worth, etc. 5 Is the world a pejorative term for Jehovahs Witnesses? The Jehovah's Witnesses will reply that it was a temporary body materialized so the apostles would believe that He was raised. Virtually all religion frowns at homosexuality and the Jehovah witness doctrine also kick against it in entirety. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. STRONG'S EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE-HEBREW #1943 says HOVAH means DISASTER-RUIN and there is NO LETTER"J" in hebrew or Greek OR ENGLISH till 1541. That should be red flag to government.". He does have a point about John 8:44, though. It is correct that the letter J doesnt exist in Hebrew. Study philosophy, psychology, sociology, and other viewpoints that might shake their faith. Ever since then, this sect of Christian religion has spread globally. This radical man rejected the truth that theres hellfire and that it is a place of eternal torment. i was also born and raised in the organization. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Instead they teach that Jesus Christ is a created angel. The only explanation I can suggest is that the god of the O.T. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. They could have spent all this time going to community college, getting a certificate or degree, and having a job (such as medical technician, etc.) The Gospels dont seem to fit into the Bible at all, unless you ignore most of the Old Testament. Beliefs. The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society produces religious literature primarily for use by Jehovah's Witnesses.The organization's international writing, artwork, translation, and printery workforce are all baptized Jehovah's Witnesses. They can't salute the flag because they believe patriotic feelings towards their own country is wrong. Jehovahs Witnesses are given strict rules when it comes to dressing and grooming. Jehovah witness believers dont see anything good in politics and as such, devoid all its active believers to partake in it. (42) Go to the school prom or school dance. they are! You want to join them, words of warning, be cautious. Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Even as adults, Jehovahs Witnesses couples who are dating are forbidden from being alone and require a chaperone at all times, even in public. The scribes and Pharisees were worshipping Jehovah, and Jesus literally told them that the god they serve was a liar from the beginning and a murderer. Pursue friendships with anyone who is not a Jehovahs Witness. Perform any sort of religious parts or teaching in front of any man without wearing a head covering. In the beginning, Jehovah Witness is often regarded as an Adventist movement and it emerged around the predictions of William Miller in 1830s. Jesus comments in John 8:44 was a wake-up call for me. It is also a dangerous drug" (Proverbs 20:1). Join support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous. Since Jehovah's Witnesses appeal to Isa 43:12; 44:8 for scriptural support that they should be called, "Jehovah's Witnesses" then what was the "new name" prophesied in Isa 62:2? The core to religion is God, and to change the God you worship is to change the very essence and basis of the religion. We areaways advised to put initial interests first. Jehovah's Witnesses still retain their legal department. 3.Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. ( Gen. 1:28; 3:21; 9:2-4) The Mosaic Law forbade interbreeding animals of two sorts, but it did not otherwise limit what man might do to regulate animal reproduction. The movement split into several rival organizations after Russells death in 1916, with oneled by Russells successor, Joseph Judge Rutherfordretaining control of both his magazine, The Watch Tower, and his legal and publishing corporation, the Watch Tower Bible and Bible Tract Society of Pennsylvania. There is no physical punishment associated with being a Witness. "Some people think we're a pushy religion, but if you're not interested, just . They are programmed and brainwashed for the most part. 1.Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. The only thing that is good about the Jehovah's Witnesses is that they don't vote. Good luck. RIDICULOUSGOD does not look at us that way. . Receive a blood transfusion, even in a life-threatening medical emergency. 4.Attend social functions sponsored by their . That sound doesnt exist in Hebrew or Greek. She was convinced she'd lost me and that I'd be changed for ever now, no longer the daughter she'd always loved and cherished. Their teachings are so random and insane. Luke 24:39, "a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.". Jehovahs Witnesses had its origins in the Bible Student movement, which developed in the United States in the 1870s among followers of Christian Restorationist minister Charles Taze Russell. This article summarizes our basic beliefs. Here I am, 42, married to a worldly woman, and I still feel the repercussions of that decision. "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, so we don't do that," the 36-year-old tennis superstar told reporters at a U.S. Open press conference. If Abel had such a depraved mind as to invent the slaughter of animals, what might he then do to humans! They do not salute the national flag or sing the national anthem, and they refuse military service. In a relatively recent case, the high court ruled 8-1 in their favor in Watchtower Bible and Tract Society v. His wife's parents are among the 130,000 Jehovah's Witnesses in Ukraine. STRONGS EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE-HEBREW #1943 says HOVAH means DISASTER-RUIN and there is NO LETTERJ in hebrew or Greek OR ENGLISH till 1541. Yes the brainwashing is incredible. In the words of Jehovah witnesses founders, the expressed that We take Jesus at his word when he said: The Father is greater than I am. (John 14:28). I love Lucky Charms. It is also against the teaching of the Jehovah witness for its believers to have non-believers as best friend or a close buddy. This is who God is in the Old Testament. I survived this cult too. The reason the people died was not because they were not Jewish but because there was uncontrolled and unfathomable sin. Celebrate Thanksgiving. ****. Hence, it is against the tenets and teaching of Jehovah witness for its members to campaign for any political office aspirant. EVERYTHING. Are you asking if Witnesses use some sort of device to cause a person pain? But whatever the case may be, the above mentioned are the top 25 things Jehovah witnesses cant do. 2 Does it say you cant cuss in the Bible? 10. This version is called the New World Translation. You are correct. Receive artificial insemination using any semen other than their husbands. I guess you really don't have anything to back u up. 10They Refuse To Go To War Or Bear Arms In Conflict When it comes to war, Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to bear arms or engage in war or conflict of any kindeven when refusing means imprisonment or execution. (8) Contribute to the Presidential Campaign Fund on their tax return, (9) Join the armed forces and defend their country, (13) Run for leadership in their organization. (122) Attempt to communicate with departed spirits. Are jehovahs witnesses allowed to take their watchtower magazines and shove them up their ass. They also refuse blood transfusions, even those that could be life saving. Is the world a pejorative term for Jehovahs Witnesses? "The facts show that this group is a deceptive sect." However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ, the Son, is God. (3) Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. Its a religion that basically says you have to believe what the elders teach you, if you question those teachings to any extent you will be reprimanded up to possibly being disfellowshipped. I told him she stands for goodness and kindness ,what dont you like? You cant just ad a strange syllable and expect it to reflect a real etymology. You obviously havent been a Witness for very long. 2. The world that we all live in. Since Jehovah witnesses are not allowed to donate blood, they are also prohibited from having a blood transfusion. There is no satan, just your own unchecked evil! Jehovah's Witness Beliefs About Death. Always motivated by fear or guilt, 2 of the most potent brainwashing mechanisms humanity ever used. Just as Jesus predicted, his 'presence' as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developmentswar, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. See Religion First. Typically, Jehovahs Witnesses sing three songs at their meetings for worship. As for being a failed abortion, there is never too late for a second attempt. Under those conditions, free will is impossible. What characteristics allow plants to survive in the desert? )Play ChessGo to NightclubsOwn a GunRead philosophy, sociology, psychology; these are discouraged as non spiritual foodJWs are discouraged from seeking psychological help from psychiatrists, psycho-therapists, and psychologists because they give "worldly" advice according to the WTBTS.Become a Jehovah's Witness and you have to.Must be baptized into the organizationAttend several regular meetings each weekGo out in field service regularly to recruit new membersReport your field service activity to the congregation each monthAttend regular scheduled conventionsGive talks at the congregation (whether young or old, male or female)Read and fully understand their teachingsPrepare for each meetingParticipate in the meetingsStudy with familyUse Theocratic Warfare (War Strategy) - To lie or to hide the truth to a non-JW for protection of the OrganizationFully accept the Watchtower's authority and rules (no exceptions)Dress according to their rules at the Kingdom Halls, Service and conventions (no exceptions)Women and small girls must wear dressesMen must wear dress pants with dress shirts and tiesAssociate only with fellow membersReport on fellow members including your family, if they are caught doing something against Society's rulesYou have to sing at the meetings (even if you have a bad voice) - or you are looked down uponWomen must be in full submission to their husbands, A discussion is more interesting than reading, nisha can you repost the thread you are talking about? The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that all Bible believing Christians are spiritually lost and deceived except for the Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Society. Confirming . Therefore, not reporting family members or friends who broke the rules is part of the things Jehovah witnesses cant do. Christianity as a religion has different sect or group of believers with different ideology and believes. Perform any job that involves the use or carrying of a firearm. The reason is this, so far you believe in your chosen path as the right way, you dont have to condemn others. Read books, newspaper, magazines, publications, or any other literature from other religions. However, the movement has some very stringent rules the members have to adhere to. 100 Things Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Do. Together, the two go door to door with their congregation on a weekly basis to educate people about their faith. Twitter: @CitypeopleMagz, 141 Things JEHOVAH Witness Member Cant Do, African King Of Raggae Majek Fashek Dies, HRH Olugbo visits Jimoh Ibrahim, inspects ongoing, The Truth About The Rilvary Between OBEY&, Why The Ijesha People Are Called Osomaalo, Why Nigerians Cant Forget FELAs Mum In, Nigeria remains an attractive market for global, Top CBD Celebrity Users You Likely Havent, Enjoy Sports Online and Earn Money Doing, The Forex Market Vs Stocks/Shares Which, Ace Broadcaster, YEMI SONDE Opens Radio Station, How FRSC Invested In Human Capacity, ICT, HOW SIJIBOMI OGUNDELE (SUJIMOTO) RUNS HIS $400, NATIONAL WAVES Endorses Ned Nwoko For Delta. Some of them were counted illegal in many states until recently. None of them refers to disaster (which is a noun). They do not celebrate Christmas, birthdays or any other holidays. From the above extract, it is obvious that JW do not worship Jesus, and they do not believe that he is also Almighty God. I was charitable and took his hovah as howah, but I felt I wanted to point that out as well. Further changes to the doctrine of Jehovah witness led to the prohibition of blood donation and transfusions by its members, abandonment of the cross, rejection of Christmas celebrations, etc. Also, one of the things Jehovah witnesses cant do is to disagree with the organizations code of conduct and rules. Hence, holding political office is another thing Jehovah witnesses are not allowed to do. avoid wearing clothing that is tight-fitting, revealing, or sexually provocative. 3 years ago. yes you pointed out the few like cereal, that i already said were inaccurate. And since the believers are not allowed to donate blood, they cant have the blood of the non-believers mixed with theirs.
St Theresa Church Trumbull Ct Bulletin, 365 Spring Water Quality Report, Spontaneous Spellcasters Pathfinder, Ellington Reserve Salted Caramel Nutrition Facts, Andrew Prine Wife, Articles OTHER