When you return the renewal form to us, you must provide: These are needed to check your conditions have not changed. Open all. We will automatically renew your older persons bus pass at least 2 weeks before your current one expires if you have used it: Before your pass expires, we may send you a letter inviting you to renew it manually. What do I do with a bus pass which is no longer needed? 1 week before current vouchers expire. We apologise for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused you. Please return the bus pass to the address on the back of the card with a note explaining the reason for return so we can update our records. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. All young disabled pass holders must provide a new photo if they wish to renew. Disabled Person's Renewal Form - LANCASHIRE RESIDENTS ONLY Renewing your Bus Pass. For further information on the free travel bus pass and travel voucher scheme please click here or for further informationor contact our Free Travel Bus Pass information line on 0345 600 0659. Contact us on 0300 456 0100 or email concessionarybuspasses@wiltshire.gov.uk to receive individual advice. If you have any questions, you can call us to discuss your application on 0345 200 0388. You will need to renew manually which you can do online: Please note online renewals can only be made 8 weeks before renewal and up to 2.5 years after expiry. No. You will need your bus pass number (printed on the front of your pass) and up to date evidence that you are still eligible for a disabled person's bus pass. If so, please let us know youve moved as soon as possible so that we can send your new pass to your new address. If your pass has been stolen, you should call 0345 200 0388 to replace it. If you haven't received a pass 2-3 weeks before renewal you can try to renew online or contact us if you are unable to do so. For further information contact: The National Rail enquiries telephone number is 08457 484950. LANCASHIRE DISABLED PASS HOLDERS ONLY - If your pass expires in the next two months and you have not received a renewal pack, we may not have your current address, please print off the renewal form below and follow the instructions on the form to renew your NoWcard bus pass. You will need to pay 10 to replace this pass. Your old pass will stop working as soon as your new one is used on a bus or on 31 March, whichever comes first. If you do not receive your new pass, or have changed address since your last pass was issued, please contact our information line on 0345 600 0659. To get an older persons bus pass you must 2 Apply to your local council. Most young disabled (under 16) pass holders should have received a short form to return. They may not be renewed automatically if your pass is not scanned locally between 1 March 2022 and 24 February 2023. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Typically, we will automatically renew passes for people with visual impairments and hearing impairments. You can apply for your renewal bus pass online. If your current bus pass is due to expire within the next month, this is an indication that we . We use some essential cookies to make this service work. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Until you have a replacement card you will have to pay higher fares for bus and tram journeys in Greater Manchester. Under normal circumstances young disability-related pass holders will not be required to complete a new application pack unless we have little or no evidence. We will either renew your bus pass automatically or send a letter that tells you how you can renew it. National Bus Pass Bus pass renewals Older person's passes Older person's passes are issued for a period of 5 years and are renewed automatically as long as we can see that they have been used in the 12 months before expiry. passes that expire between January and March are in the process of being issued You don't need a new photograph unless your appearance has changed a lot, and you will only need to contact us by email if your address has changed in the last 5years. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. If we send the bus pass to your old address, there will be a 10 fee to send a replacement to your new address. The pass is valid for the journey being undertaken, for example at the right time of day. If you have moved since your last bus pass was issued and we have not been informed you will need to visit a participating library with proof of your current address. Are you struggling with the cost of living crisis? Age-related pass or vouchers. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. If youve moved since your last pass was issued, youll need to provide proof of your current Medway address. Residents are. Unable to drive for reasons of medical fitness. What do I do about my concessionary bus pass? How does violence against the family pet affect the family? Older person's passes which have NOT been digitally in use and recorded on a local bus route within the previous 12 months will not be renewed automatically, but may be renewed upon request. Your pass will be valid until the expiry date shown on the front of your bus pass or until the announcement of any alterations to scheme conditions. Check service availability with your bus operator andread our summary of the changes to bus services before applying for or using your bus pass. However, you may not be allowed to use your bus pass on night buses i.e. We will post your renewed bus pass 18days before the old one expires. If you have lost, or damaged, your bus pass you can either Apply onlinefor a replacement or call 0345 200 0388. . Changes To Renewal Of Concessionary Bus Passes. Lee Higgins, Telford & Wrekin Council's Customer Services Manager, said: "The last time bus passes needed to be renewed people had to fill in forms and submit photographs but we have scrapped all that. If you have not received your new bus pass this may be due to the following reasons: If you have not moved please visit a participating library to renew your bus or contact us on 01452 426265. If you have a disabled persons pass which is due to expire in March, we will write to you to tell you how to renew it. "With companion" entitlement is specific to Gloucestershire so may not be available elsewhere in England. Free travel before 9.30 am on infrequent services. What should I do? If you email us please confirm your date of birth and current address in the email so we can fully check our records. A Free Travel Card will be issued automatically at age 66 if you are registered for the Public Services Card and getting a pension from this department. You can apply for your renewal bus pass online. We cannot accept applications any earlier than 2 weeks before you become eligible for an older persons bus pass. How do I apply for a disabled persons bus pass? Only passes issued by City of Edinburgh Council work on the trams as theyre funded by the council. Can I use my bus pass on Night Buses, such as N94 (Chelt to Glos). Dont include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details. all that. If you'd prefer to have a disabled persons pass you will have to provide sufficient evidence that you are eligible for a disabled person's pass and pay a 10 replacement fee to have your pass category changed. As a general rule, it is usually cheaper to call during the evenings and weekends. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. If it hasn't arrived 1week before the expiry date, please tell our Passenger Transport Unit. Renewing your older persons bus pass If your pass is due to expire and your address has not changed, well renew your pass automatically and send it in the post at least a week before your old pass expires. Forgotten your Username? Can I use my bus pass on National Express Services? Our If you have not received this letter, call us straightaway on 01452 426265. Your bus pass will be automatically renewed unless you have applied under disabled person's bus pass category D or G, with these a letter will be sent prior to expiry asking for further evidence to clarify your eligibility. Your bus pass is valid for use on all registered Bus services within England, so if you are visiting other places you should be able to use your pass. Disabled pass holders from Cumbria, Blackburn and Blackpool please contact your local council office with valid proof of your disability. Before your pass expires, we may send you a letter inviting you to renew it manually. This will depend on whether an applicant's disability is long or short term and also the type of disability 'proof' that is provided. Can I use my disability-related with a companion bus pass in other parts of England? Completed and returned renewal forms will be processed and new passes issued in advance of your current pass expiring. "Our system now generates new passes automatically at least a fortnight before the current pass expires so pass holders don't need to do . Call us: Alternatively, you can call our customer services team on 0345 600 6400 if you would like to renew your pass. Disabled Person's Renewal Form - LANCASHIRE RESIDENTS ONLY. You can travel free on TfL services with your Older Persons Freedom Pass from 09:00 weekdays and anytime at weekends and on bank holidays. All content 2023 Southend-on-Sea City Council. Jobcentre Plus travel discount cards - available to unemployed Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit claimants aged 18 to 24 for 3 to 9 months or to over 25s for 3 to 12 months entitling a 50% discount on selected rail tickets - visit your local Job Centre office for more information. You don't have to do anything, unless you have moved since we sent you your last pass. Births, marriages, deaths and civil partnerships, Frequently asked questions about concessionary bus passes. five years If the evidence you provide does not prove you are eligible for a disabled pass, but our records show that you have reached pensionable age, we will issue you with an older persons pass instead. Your bus pass will be automatically renewed unless you have applied under Disabled persons bus pass category D or G, with these a letter will be sent prior to expiry asking for further evidence to clarify your eligibility. Copyright 2023 Wisdom-Advices | All rights reserved. What are the 3 most important parts of a motherboard? What time can I use my bus pass outside of Gloucestershire? You can apply for your renewal bus pass online. Apply for or renew your bus pass. Lee In London, you can use your card on buses but not on the Underground Train services. Two weeks before your current bus pass expires you should receive a new bus pass in the post. If your pass is due to expire in 2 weeks and you haven't received a new one, visit MyBusPass to renew manually. renewed people had to fill in forms and submit photographs but we have scrapped My age-related pass has now expired but I have not received a new one. This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you provide in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. It is no longer possible to change your delivery address, replacement charges may apply if pass is sent to an old address. Read and contribute to the 20 readers' comments . When someone has been issued with more than one bus pass, only the most recently issued bus pass is valid for free travel, even though they may both have the same expiry date. How much longer should the Sun remain in its stable phase? If you have moved and not notified us it may not have been renewed or may have been sent to the wrong address. Can I use my OAP bus pass on trains? This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Can I use my bus pass on Park and Ride Services and Airport Transport Services? Essex County Council is not responsible for this. *A. If your pass is due to expire and your address has not changed, well renew your pass automatically and send it in the post at least a week before your old pass expires. Call costs are dependent on the service provider, and typically include a connection charge and an additional time-based call rate. Do not include common words or names. Note if applying online you will receive first an acknowledgement email and subsequently an approval email requesting you pay the replacement fee (10) by online card transaction. We will need to see evidence of your new address. We'll renew it automatically and send your new one in the post at least 3 weeks before your current pass runs out. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. My new bus pass will not work when I place it on the smart card reader on the bus. If you have moved house since the last time you were sent a bus pass, you will be able to tell us about your change of address at the same time as renewing your pass. Please provide them with as much detail as possible about the journey you wished to make. If you have not received your renewal form, please contact our information line on 0345 600 0659. Applicants whose pass was issued due to a disability will continue to be automatically renewed. If you were sent an automatic 12 month extension to an older persons bus pass during 2021 we will automatically renew your older persons bus pass for an additional 3 years. Lee The new pass should take no more than three weeks to arrive after you have applied, but you should apply as soon as possible because your current pass will stop working on the expiry date shown on your card. Residents are eligible for these passes on the grounds of: If your question is not here you cannot find the information you need, please call the enquiry line on 01452 426265. There is no need to contact us until we get in touch with . You can apply for a disabled persons bus pass if you are a Medway resident. They may not be renewed automatically if your pass is not scanned locally between 1 March 2022 and 24 February 2023. If your card does not scan the driver should accept it providing that it's in date and the photograph is valid. Update or cancel a card. Lancashire: For Seniors, pricing is as follows: One-way fare: $1.00. system now generates new passes automatically at least a fortnight before the It costs 10 for a new card. Pass holders who have not used their pass between 01 March 2022 and 28 February 2023 will not have their pass automatically renewed. When can I use my concessionary bus pass in Gloucestershire? Transport For London Buses (you cannot use your pass on the Underground, DLR or Trams), Downloading an applicationformfor older persons or disabled persons bus pass at the. I have applied for my new bus pass, what should I do with my current pass? Completed renewal forms will be processed and new vouchers issued approx. A letter and a renewal application form will be sent to you automatically you can also use the application form below. Normally other local authorities require customers to return their old bus passes pass to them, return address is on the back of the pass. Park and Ride Services and Airport Transport Services: it will be necessary to check with the Bus Operator or the Local authority for that area, prior to travel if they accept concessionary bus passes, and if any charges apply. We manage and issue concessionary bus passes that give holders free travel on most local bus services running in Gloucestershire (and the rest of England) at certain times. You may need to provide proof of your new address. There is no need to contact us until we get in touch with you. Please note below the procedure for Free Travel Bus Passes that expire on 31st March 2023: Will be automatically renewed without the need to complete a renewal form. Higgins, Telford & Wrekin Councils Customer Services Manager, said. However, an age-related pass holder will need to pay for postage or for the cost of the phone call if they use our telephone renewal service. All rights reserved. It does not store any personal data. Customer who lives in Gloucestershire, but near Welsh border can use their pass to get to near Welsh Towns Chepstow or Monmouth but not to travel on around Wales. Libraries can assist with the renewal of Age Related Bus Passes, replacement of lost or stolen bus passes (for both Disability and Age Related). This situation is not unique to Gloucestershire; all concessionary bus passes have been issued as smart cards since 2008, but equipment to read the cards has only been installed and commissioned on buses operating within Gloucestershire since 2012. Find out more about an igo card. On Your Side - Helping eligible residents to be cared for at home, Children in Telford and Wrekin can learn to swim for free, 10 by 10 - 10 things we want all children to try children before the age of 10. How long will it take to get a bus pass following a renewal/application? I have not had an automatic renewal what do I do? Apply for a new age-related pass. Please note the Bus Pass system is separate to other Council systems and requires its own login information. Please destroy your old pass immediately in the same way you would do with an old debit or credit card, so that you dont destroy the wrong pass. This We will write to you if we need new evidence; if you do not hear from us you need not worry as your pass will be renewed automatically. How long does it take to renew an older persons pass? Tyne and Wear residents whose concessionary travel card (free bus pass) expires in the next few months are being warned they need to fill out an application form to get a new one. If we are able to confirm your details from existing Council records, your bus pass will be automatically renewed and your card should be received one month prior to expiry. We also use cookies set by other sites to help us deliver content from their services. You can start using your new pass immediately, just like you would with a new debit or credit card. You can find your renewal code located in the box towards the bottom of your renewal letter. If you have moved address since receiving your bus pass, please notify us of your new address . If you currently receive Travel vouchers you will receive a renewal form at your registered address. Logo: Visit the Southend-on-Sea City Council home page, Find out more about cost of living support, Renewing your bus pass or reporting it as lost or stolen, Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships, Communities, neighbourhoods and the environment. Unemployed people. Companion passes are automatically renewed at least 2 weeks before they are due to expire. However, GCC has not been involved in this. I am an age-related bus pass holder and my current bus pass is due to expire soon. You will need to apply to this authority for a new pass. There is a 10.20 replacement fee if you do not tell us your address has changed and, as a result, your renewed bus pass is sent to the wrong address. Your browser does not allow scripting so some of the features of this page may not work. This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you provide in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. Flexible support fund - available at . You do not need to renew an igo card. The cards offer older and disabled people free travel in the capital Blackpool: Disabled people can qualify under the following categories: A person applying for a bus pass must provide the evidence to show their eligibility. A 5 administration fee will be required for a replacement bus pass. If a bus pass has been stolen and the customer provides the police crime number there is no charge for a replacement pass. In the unlikely event that your pass does not arrive, you should call 01452 426265. If you live in England and are of retirement age or an eligible disabled person, you are entitled to an English National Concessionary Bus Pass. I have moved into Gloucestershire. New smart cards are issued free by Nexus, except where a change of name or photo is required, but holders must apply to get a replacement. Calls from mobiles are likely to be considerably higher than those from landlines. March 2023 renewals. If you need to cancel a bus pass for any reason, please send us your request by email and include details of the pass. Calling from a land line will normally be cheaper than the cost of a 2nd class stamp. Please let us know if you no longer require a bus pass. State pension claimants who apply directly through their local council should be aware. Your bus pass will be automatically renewed unless you have applied under disabled person's bus pass category D or G, with these a letter will be sent prior to expiry asking for further evidence to clarify your eligibility. If an age-related pass holder wants to replace a lost, damaged or destroyed bus pass there is a 5 replacement charge. These are mostly people who have held a bus pass since at least 2008 and will now be . This website and payments services are provided as a managed service by South West Smart Applications Limited, 14 High Cross, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2AJ. Login to renew or manage your Bus Pass and to keep your details up to date. Continuing eligibility for a pass issued due to a . The passes will be sent out automatically but people should call the bus renewal hotline . This will be. The list of these services is on the GCC web site, under Transport. Applicants can enter in their postcode online and will be given the contact details of their local council. You can renew your pass by completing an online renewal form below, by contacting our information line on 0345 600 0659 or by writing to us at SCC Free Travel Bus Pass, PO Box 212, Waterlooville, PO7 6ZN Where you caught it and at what time, along with your destination. You may be eligible for financial support. You will not be able to use My Bus Pass to renew your pass unless it has an expiry date betweenMarch 2020 and March 2023. For those people needing to apply for their renewal this too can now be done byApplying online. You need to check the expiry date and apply to the council for a new one if you're is due to expire. No, your bus pass cannot be used on National Express services. For assistance with new applications: (Click the arrows below to reveal the answers). Other Scottish passes arent accepted on the trams.