That a character whos already the champion, already the no. #Smackdown https://t.co/YQTwWSI4C1. By Chris Flynn Published Feb 11, 2017 Wrestling fans are a passionate breed. Although many fans thought WWE would like to capitalize on the real-life issue to present Roman Reigns as the sympathetic babyface, to everyones surprise, he returned as a heel. Who wouldve thought Ucey would be a thing? Roman Reigns Retweeted. Why not, he wondered, bring that same swagger to the wrestling ring? Ive never been so nervous for anybody Ive been in the ring with, Reigns admits. An industry professional with more than a decade of publishing and editing experience, Franklin has amassed over 4,000 bylines and eight million page views while writing for sites such as Bleacher Report and FanSided. It was made clear that who precisely that might be isn't known at this time, but WWE creative has a notion. As he rose to the top of WWE, first as a member of the Shield and later as the babyface hero doing battle with the likes of Lesnar, Reigns met continued pushback from parts of the WWE fandom that were resentful of his perceived favored-nations status and more interested in choosing their own heroes than having them selected by a corporate system some felt was out of touch. The WWEs solution was called the ThunderDome, a massive undertaking that brought the live audience into the arena via a giant collection of LED screens. WWE Royal Rumble 2023: Results, Winners and Surprise Entrances, After Apologizing to Fans for CryptoZoo Scam, Logan Paul Returns to WWE at Royal Rumble 2023, For What Almost Killing Guys?- Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Was Arrested. No one was performing like that, especially in main events and matches for the heavyweight championship. Mal, Jo, and Ben get together to talk about where the Mandalorian people are, what adventure awaits Din and Grogu, and much more. Otherwise it's going to be see-through. No one was telling stories like that. Roman Reigns belongs in more exclusive company than that. The match is billed as the unification of the championships. Roman Reigns Is Still A WrestleMania 39 Dream Match Since returning to WWE in 2020 with his new heel persona, Reigns has been calling himself The Head Of The Table. From 2014 to maybe 2018, every single night it seemed like I had to earn their respect. Weve done it without falter. What she wasn't expecting was for that betrayal to also lead her into the arms of The Samoan Superman himself Roman Reigns. To me, if he doesnt level up and showcase the Cowboy Brock character, then dont nobody give a shit about Brock next to the Tribal Chief, Reigns says. These were just all the little psychology pieces that had to come together in order to create something special.. He instantly knew that it would stick. However, the most important topic for him is family. Why did The Masterpiece Chris Masters leave WWE? Following his split from the Shield, Reigns got a new theme song named The Truth Reigns which is very similar to the Shield entrance theme. Roman Reigns is the head of the table on SmackDown as the reigning & defending Universal Champion. The Samoan's theme song plays a massive role in giving the audience a "Mega Star" feel whenever he makes his entrance. By 2020, he had main-evented WrestleMania four times, held one version or another of the world championships in WWE five times, and entrenched himself at the top of the card. Will Ospreay, the spectacular highspot artist of Japans top promotion, was quick to point out his recent rave reviews in the pages of Dave Meltzers seminal Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the hardcore fans bible. $40.99 $ 40. A lot. From a purely promotional standpoint, Roman Reigns ticks every single box as a possible/probable champion. At WrestleMania, Reigns faces a determined Cody Rhodes in a match for not only wrestling's richest prize but for each's man right to claim bragging rights for their respective families. Instead of wanting all the power for his personal gains, Roman wanted better opportunities for his family members. Bobby Lashley deserves better than Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania, North American Pro Wrestling Has an Overabundance of Talent, AEW Dark recap: Sammy Guevara gives a special gift to Daniel Garcia, John Cena returns to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, takes Sheamus spot, YouTuber Moist Critical Starts a Wrestling League, Fuego del Sol fractured his foot in five places, Watch a special pre-Revolution episode of AEW Dark. So Ive been performing at the highest level, in my opinion, and have backed it up longer than anybody.. He's one of Hollywood's most handsomely paid actors, and The Rock's movies tend to perform exceptionally well at the box office. I'm not the type that can memorize and recite. WWE Crown Jewel: What's Next For Logan Paul After Loss To Roman Reigns? Plus, does starting Tyrese Maxey versus DeAnthony Melton make a difference on the defensive end? A content writer at Sportsmanor, Rahul V Krishnan has a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology and a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Psychology and English from Christ University. As expected, Roman won the match and the Wild Samoans acknowledged him as the Tribal Chief. I had the advantage of looking at all their bodies of work, going through that, learning from it, and then being able to adjust everything as need be, so I can do what Ive done.. But sometimes those two things come together in the most spectacular ways. Roman Reigns recently explained as to why he was given his nick name Head of The Table in an interview with Bleacher Report. Roman Reigns' onscreen persona has undergone a drastic transformation during the pandemic. And Roman Reigns is on top of the list of attractions that WWE has to offer as completely uncontroverted, undisputed number one. The Samoans theme song plays a massive role in giving the audience a Mega Star feel whenever he makes his entrance. His first cousin was former WWE champion Yokozuna, and the three cousins he grew up with in Pensacola, FloridaJimmy Uso, Jey Uso, and Solo Sikoahave joined him in the Bloodline faction that currently dominates WWE. Speaking on the Load Management podcast, Roman Reigns discussed his thoughts about CM Punk. Indeed, Reigns is the head of the table. Sami Zayn Theme Song: Why Does Sami Zayn Use Worlds Apart as His Entrance Song? Everything started last year when the Rock seemingly. It's also worth a reminder that Reigns is accomplishing all this as WWE's premier bad guy. Cena, for example, never became a bad guy, even as the chorus of boos occasionally overwhelmed his vocal supporters, preferring to weather the storm until the very end, confident there were enough cheers to keep merchandise moving and television audiences tuning in. Cageside Seats, for Pro Wrestling and MMA fans, By M. G0MEZ Its not just spitting out stupid stuff. Its only about bringing people up and making them better, Reigns says. Even fans knew he was a cant-miss prospect. A longform interview with the champion is the kind of thing he has the power to approve or denyand, before I talked to the champ, his advocate wanted to, well, advocate. During the match, Lesnar came face-to-face with Heyman, his former representative who decided to stay loyal to Reigns rather than return to the fold. Roman Reigns has reigned as champion for well over two years now, earning him the title "The Head of the Table." His absolute domination in the ring has been a source of inspiration for countless individuals. When the two decided to reinvent themselves, they took their case together to WWE management, pitching a plan that would see the promotions top babyface transformed into its biggest heel. It was the kind of discussion that could only happen in the shadow world of professional wrestlingor perhaps one of its reality-television offspring, where housewives, salacious sisters, and realtors are equally coy about where fiction ends and real life begins. And with the potential of some "big" free agent signings and a call-up from NXT possibly on the horizon, WWE programming stands to grow stronger. The Ploys and Tactics Behind Oscar Campaigning, A Secret Laundromat Meetup, New Jersey Episode 4, and Potomac Reunion Part 2. Over the past three years, Reigns has become the industry's most compelling star and his company's longest-reigning world champion since the 1980s. Reigns paired off with advocate Paul Heyman and made it clear he had returned to action with no concern for how he was perceived as he recaptured the universal championship. It was reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that the original plan for the live show was for Roman Reigns to team up with Solo Sikoa and . The groups Anthony Mirabella dropped hints on his Instagram that he is responsible for the theme song. b: To make one's voice or opinion the only option. The conversation, rather, is where he stands amongst the true immortals of the sport. Are the Lakers dead? James Gunn Reveals New Superman, Batman Movies and More, Roman Reigns has been using his new entrance theme, Roman Reigns Explains Why He and Vince McMahon Didn't Agree on His New WWE Entrance Music, All the WWE 2K23 Superstar Ratings Revealed So Far, Featuring Becky Lynch, Cody Rhodes, and More, WWE's John Cena Joins Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Cast, Keith Lee Says New AEW Look is Middle Finger to Places and People Who Tell You What You Need to Look Like, WWE's Paul Heyman Thinks The Rock Could Have Great 15-Minute WrestleMania Match, but Doesn't Think Fans Wanted That, Jake Gyllenhaal Films Road House Reboot Scene at UFC Weigh-In, Ringside Collectibles Reveals Pre-Orders for CM Punk vs MJF Dog Collar Match 2-Pack and Unrivaled 12, Bobby Lashley Clashes with Uncle Howdy on WWE SmackDown, Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes Deliver Epic Face-to-Face on WWE SmackDown. Please also read our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use, which became effective December 20, 2019. But he doesn't want that to be misconstrued as a challenge for WrestleMania. Paul Heyman recently spoke with Complex about Roman Reigns' new theme song, among several other topics. Got better on that last one. Every time you start to feel like the Bloodline story is getting a bit long in the tooth, they do something to freshen things up, most recently adding the incomparable Sami Zayn to the mix. Roman reigns over The Beast . Whereas it has been observed that . During the interview with E!'s The Rundown, Johnson also declared himself as the Head of the Table, which is a direct shot at Reigns who is currently portraying the gimmick on WWE television. The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 1 Deep Dive, The Biggest Questions About the Seasons Stretch Run, KDs Suns Debut, Load Management, and Five-Year Anniversary of the Rockets-Clippers Tunnel Debacle. Fans have been buzzing about Reigns' latest theme music ever since. Why wouldnt I play to those cameras? The Rock Declares Himself The True Head Of The Table, Fuels Wild WrestleMania Speculation Truthfully, we have to question Heyman's logic here, as the masterful storytelling build to last year's Roman Reigns/Brock Lesnar WrestleMania main event led to a match that lasted all of 12 minutes. And being the leading force in any lore comes with the burden of overcoming the most significant obstacles. AEW Revolution 2023 Live Streaming: When And Where To Watch The PPV In USA And Canada? But in the prime of his career, with countless creative and financial avenues to explore and a part-time schedule that will extend his shelf life, the story of Roman Reigns is far from being over. All those guys that you named off, could they do what they did right now? Heyman spits them out like a litanyReigns has headlined the highest-grossing WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Royal Rumble events of all time. What are your thoughts on Roman Reigns' new entrance music? Since then, it's become as big of a staple of Reigns . Moves, especially the cool ones, theyre little micro moments in their own right. Copyright 2023 ComicBook.com. There was always just this stigma of lets not break the fourth wall. But man, Im in that wrestling ring in front of millions of people and theres eight cameras all around me. He explained that it was impromptu and just called himself that randomly while in a SmackDown segment with Jey Uso, before WWE Clash of Champions 2020. 99. . The Tribal Chief [] Reigns, it turns out, was up to the task, adding just enough twists and character development to keep things interesting and the plot moving. Meanwhile, Jimmy Uso's recent return has created more Samoan family conflict on SmackDown. Roman said: I try not to be too detailedIf Im thinking about lines and trying to memorize stuff, its stressful to me. Stream (Roman Reigns) Head of The Table by Def Rebel by BRYMUS PRIME MUSIC on desktop and mobile. Lesnar sent Heyman crashing through a table, not only adding powerful gravitas to the match, but also setting up a story line for the next one as well. He called himself the Head of The Table without any preparation because he naturally cuts his promos and doesnt believe in scripted material by writers. Roman Reigns has always been a tough wrestler to beat, but since he turned heel, he has become practically invincible. It gives you that ultimate swag when you're walking out. If theres an ending in mind for all this, Team Reigns isnt spilling the beans. As Reigns enjoys what is a career-defining run as the Head of the Table, those rumblings are even louder. He said if the right match up and the check is presented to him, the 49-year old is ready to get back in his trunks for one last time. Some nights they would be booing me and I would earn their respect and theyd be all cheering me and standing up by the 1, 2, 3. Its such a compelling case that discussing whether hes the best of right now almost becomes moot. And over the last two-plus years, this has led fans to wonder if the two members of the What is your take on this story? Roman Reigns' run atop the WWE is still running strong despite a valiant effort from Sami Zayn in the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship match at the Elimination Chamber in his hometown of Montreal. There was a time when Roman Reigns was criticized and even trolled by the WWE Universe for his promos. We need to confirm your email address. UFC 285 Preview: Can Jon Jones Turn Back the Clock? Roman Reigns' new entrance song, titled "Head Of The Table," debuted during his high-stakes encounter against Daniel Bryan last week. Right then he had a gut feeling that this name would stick to him. Not only did Roman return as a heel, but he also became a Paul Hayman guy. Ive had to go through the process of winning them over and earning respect for years at a time, Reigns says. But he was not a typical cookie-cutter heel. . He evolved into Tribal Chief and now is on GOD Mode. Oops. 'The Tribal Chief' Roman Reigns (Image Courtesy: NewsWeek). Again not a challenge. Since then, it's become as big of a staple of Reigns' onscreen persona as his yearlong Universal Championship reign, and its official post on WWE's YouTube channel has more than six million plays. Roman Reigns is the current WWE Universal Champion. And for me to be able to do that, I have to be comfortable and committed and believe in what's presented to me so I can present it to our audience.". Since winning the Universal Championship over two years ago, Roman Reigns has dominated WWE alongside The Bloodline, giving himself the title the Head of the Table. Cody Rhodes-Roman Reigns face-off. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Funko Pop! To me, these are the types of things I have to 100 percent be connected to, and that's why our audience can trust me and the presentation and the character and everything I'm doing. In the end, it has to be that way, especially as his new character is so delicately steeped in cultural and family traditions. Rhodes kicked things off by saying that contrary to what Paul . But its happening now, Heyman affirms. Roman Reigns New. Gallantry (Defining Moment Remix) 8. The Cageside Cup Performer of the Year Standings - through the Week ending Feb. 18. Tag Team Weekly Roundup and Power Ratings: Where does the road lead with new womens tag champs? I have the power to do whatever I want, Reigns says. He neglected to go so far as promising to wrestle Reigns at WrestleMania 39 but said he held that title. PeruseThe Ringers WWE Power Board, where we rank the top of the WWE crop based on our proprietary algorithm, POP. Related: Is WWE Building Towards A Bloodline Civil War? Reigns turned around his career. Cody was out of action from the WWE since the 2022 Hell in a Cell pay-per-view event after suffering a torn pectoral muscle. How do we upgrade? Kenny Omega, longtime king of the smaller circuits, wasnt prepared to relinquish his crown. He was first diagnosed with the illness in 2007 and it returned in 2018. It becomes a great routine that people want to see over and over again because this is the formula that works; and if it aint broke, dont break it. There were rumours of the bout taking place this year itself. For almost a decade, Roman Reigns has been WWE's central character. The 50-year-old is one of the brightest movie stars in the World, which is what makes a clash with Reigns so enticing. Sickeningly yet ruggedly handsome, hes a former college football star with a deep Johnny Gill voice and commanding presence that demands your attention. But he loves the idea of WrestleMania. If that were not enough, Reigns must also contend with internal strife within his family and the shattered bond he now seems to have with his cousin and right-hand man, Jey Uso. Since joining the website in late 2021 as a writer, he has evolved into a senior contributor. I mean they made highlight reels of the shit I say. Being able to showcase that story, thats what makes us next level. He is the protagonist in wrestling's hottest soap opera, the main character that audiences follow. Now written into WWE lore in permanent ink, the Tribal Chief sits at the head of the table, the central figure in a multi-tiered story about family, pride, and control. I say that with confidence that Ive taken everything that Ive been given and either knocked it out of the park or took something that wasnt expected to be a home run, elevated it, put people on base and then hit a grand slam with it. That was just a perfect recipe of two performers who want to be the best, and both have pretty legitimate claims to that territory. According to the WWE Undisputed Universal Champion, CM Punk made his job a "lot harder". So there were a lot of instincts that were relied on. The Head Of The Table has demolished every single foe who has stood . This Saturday, Reigns and his family will do battle in the WarGames cage, a rare first in his Hall of Fame career. Roman Reigns - Head Of The Table (Entrance Theme) - YouTube 0:00 / 2:56 Roman Reigns - Head Of The Table (Entrance Theme) WWEMusic 1.38M subscribers Subscribe 233K 15M views 1. on Feb 24, 2023, 3:55pm EST Also being WWEs top guy, he literally is the Head of the Table right now (table being the entire WWE roster) holding both the Universal and WWE titles and being undefeated in over two years. "A lot of it was just trying to create that iconic feel to where immediately you know, 'Oh, he's here. Im firmly embedded in the portrayal of the Special Counsel and the Wise Man to the Tribal Chief Roman Reigns. Over the years weve seen Austin drive to the ring in a beer truck, Shawn Michaels descend to the ring on a zipline, and Mick Foley tossed from the top of a steel cage, broken in half for the world to see. Roman Reigns has been unstoppable since his return back in 2020, ascending to the position of the Undisputed Universal Champion. And over the last two-plus years, this has led fans to wonder if the two members of the Anoa'i family dynasty would come to blows over that title. And we stuck to that and we were uncompromising in our approach.. 1,024. It's also a money-making opportunity for WWE, as Reigns' chase for greatness is ripe for marketing and publicity, similar to an athlete in the hunt for their sport's most hallowed records. Its the top star, Heyman says. Thats one of the top responsibilities of being the top guy is we never work down. The reason for the rematch has reportedly been revealed. We need to confirm your email address. War 9. Roman Reigns Is Still A WrestleMania 39 Dream Match Since returning to WWE in 2020 with his new heel persona, Reigns has been calling himself The Head Of The Table. In the traditional underdog position, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, and Sami Zayn all took the battle to the head of the table and were defeated by Roman Reigns. Its no surprise that hes already regarded as the biggest star in professional wrestling by many. He doesn't get physical as much as he used to, but this makes his bouts even more special. The Mandalorian's Entire Boba Fett Arc Has Already Been Retconned, What Time Attack on Titan Season 4, Part 3 Episodes Release, Liam O'Brien Reveals Critical Role Wants To Return To Live Shows. After two years of television, you knew who the Rock was. The FanPosts are solely the subjective opinions of Cageside Seats readers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cageside Seats editors or staff. To Heyman, the case for Reigns is simple and twofold. Part of his extended wrestling clan includes the High Chief Peter Maivia and Dwayne The Rock Johnson. Im going to make everything look awesome as much as I can. From the Fast and Furious franchise to the upcoming DC comics movie Black Adam, The Rock is everywhere. The Bahamas Wrestling Association: Black Wrestling and the Birth of a Nation. The company was able to finally hit the jackpot with Reigns after years of failed booking. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . If it doesn't feel right, I'm not going to do that s. The Head of the Table moniker suits him as well, because thats what he really is right now. Nevertheless, we don't think he's wrong; in the . Do check the Promotions tab if you cannot find it in the Primary Inbox. Roman Reigns' run as The Head Of The Table has been so far his best run as a singles wrestler. Triple H vs Stephanie McMahons Net Worth Comparison: Is Stephanie Richer? I was able to push my level up, which he knew, OK, this guys creating different levels and layers to this, let me step my game up. And he did that. However, now another Anoa'i family family has said that they also hold down the title. Im not going to dive into all the super backstage stuff, but there was no time to discuss, Reigns says. The result is a program that feels brand new again, providing depth to the characters and preventing the show from falling into a rut. AEW Revolution Preview, and Whats Going on With Brock, Bray, Bobby, and Omos? It's still being determined if WWE can make The Rock Vs. Roman Reigns happen at WrestleMania 39, but there's a plug-and-play story in place if the match eventually goes down. Could James Harden Potentially Return to Houston After the Season? As Ripken's achievement made him baseball's celebrated Iron Man, so, too, could Roman Reigns become WWE's Iron Champion of the modern era. The Rock considers himself and not Roman Reigns as the true Head of the Table. Jon Moxley - 129.5 3. Tons of awesome Head of the Table wallpapers to download for free. But Roman took the chance, which is unheard of in that position. His leadership was first affirmed at the Clash of the Champions show back in 2020, in one of the most emotionally compelling bouts in the history of the company. Roman has gone from an unbeatable face that fans can't stand to someone who is consistently appreciated for his wrestling matches. 1 box office attraction, already the absolute top star, is going to completely change the manner in which he presents himself and his matches during the championship run [are some] of the most courageous and amazing performances that Ive ever seen.. Once they arrive at a place where they can move the people at will, WWE performers are mostly content to maintain the status quo, afraid of upsetting whatever delicate alchemy earned them their place at the top. Roman Reigns concurrently holds the WWE and Universal Championships. WWE Roman Reigns the head of the table undisputed champion Unisex Heavy Cotton Tee Ad vertisement by IRgifts IRgifts. It should come as no surprise that the highlight of the latest Reigns run came in a program with Lesnar. Speaking with Graham Matthews of Bleacher Report, Roman Reigns revealed that he called himself The Head of the table on a whim during his segment with Jey Uso on the SmackDown before WWE Night of Champions 2020. The Rock versus Roman Reigns has more than a victory on the line. Like I needed to absorb all this, learn from it, and then make it my own. He said its stressful for him to memorize the lines and he ends up forgetting them live. He works for the Department of Defense and lives in Alabama with his wife and two children. Will he pass Hulk Hogan for number 1 all time? Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns returns to "WWE SmackDown" tonight in Washington, DC. And over the last two-plus years, this has led fans to wonder if the two members of the. We will have to wait and see how their feud will progress in the coming weeks. In the days of yore, before streaming services, wireless internet, and cell phones, men like Bruno Sammartino and Lou Thesz could remain champion for years at a time. There's also reason to examine the motivation of Solo Sikoa, the Usos' younger brother. It was just a straight good-guy response. He is set to face the 'Beast' Brock Lesnar in the main event of WrestleMania 38 night 2. "That's where we went with the two different beats, the two different melodies: to have that 20-, 25-second opening that's preparing them. Please enter a valid email and try again. And being the leading force in any lore comes with the burden of overcoming the most significant obstacles. While Reigns is closing in on one year with the WWE crown in his possession, his death grip on the Universal title has him on the cusp of immortality. By Connor Casey To carry such a commanding presence due to an overbearing personality or charisma that inevitably overshadows that of anyone else, even those of greater importance. Sami Zayn; Roman Reigns Discussing the matter further, Heyman noted that Zayn isn't the only star who has left his feud with Reigns a bigger star than when he. Roman Reigns since returning to the WWE as the Tribal Chief has been on a totally different level compared to the other superstars. Paul Heyman has commented on why the rumored match between Roman Reigns and The Rock isn't happening at WrestleMania 39. . Def Rebel has created most of WWEs current theme songs after CFO$ ended their partnership with the Stamford-based company. He has transformed from being a hated hero to a beloved villain. It was another epic moment in a career full of them. Why Are American Teens So Unhappy? Be the first one to comment on this story. Whats legacy, anyway? But he's talked about a WrestleMania match with Reigns with somebody high up in WWE. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud. Jonathan Snowden (@JESnowden) is the author of Shamrock: The Worlds Most Dangerous Man, Total MMA: Inside Ultimate Fighting, The MMA Encyclopedia and Shooters: The Toughest Men in Professional Wrestling. The seriousness of their involvement was questionable, to say the least. I dont think anybody has done that, Reigns says. A lot of it was just trying to create that iconic feel to where immediately you know, Oh, hes here. If Roman Reigns is doing good, WWEs doing good.. Why wouldnt I feel like those are my cameras? Whether it's breaking news or in-depth analysis, Subhojeet is dedicated to bringing his readers the best and most accurate information. WWE has become less a promotion about great contests and more one built on memorable moments. Even better, unlike most elite athletes stepping into the business, hes no interloper looking to grow his Instagram following or searching for a path into the movies. The song and the booking of the babyface Reigns character received negative responses from fans. One major reason for Reigns recent success is the way WWE has been presenting the star. Roman has gone through a few nicknames over the years. But his face run came to an abrupt end as Roman announced that his leukaemia had returned. Will it be a family affair with the Rock? Look back at The Head of the Table's association with The Master Strategist en route to their highly personal clash for the Undisputed wwe Universal Championship at wwe Elimination Chamber. Sound off in the comments! Once touted as WWE's top babyface in the last decade, he is currently the face of the company as a. Roman Reigns New. In the WWE, why is Roman Reigns getting pushed so much when other people deserve it much more? We ask all these burning questions, and more! "But you know when the time presents itself man, rock and roll me that'll be something cool to see down the road.". He also teased an alliance with former United States Champion Apollo Crews on SmackDown last week. That is why each of his appearances and matches are given more emphasis. You have to create those human connections. A longshot to surpass Bruno Sammartino's whopping 2,803 days at the top of Mount WWE, Reigns has a legitimate chance to move into third place all time, just past the legendary Hulk Hogan. For Reigns, rather, it was an opportunity to test new storytelling options that had never been fully explored. Reigns has continued to assert his dominance in the ring, leaving a slew of vanquished opponents in his wake, and it appears that he has no intention of slowing down anytime soon. 201K views. But this is the bottom of the third inning to me. His father, Sika, was one half of the Wild Samoans tag team.