Pour the drink into the glass, then slowly top with the grapefruit soda. For example, Dr. Pepper has been around since 1885 and Vernor's, a brand of ginger ale, was around even before that. woo hoo. ALDIs Tuscan Garden Restaurant-Style Italian Dressing $1.69. Are you a fan of those delicious peanut butter stuffed pretzel snacks? Smells like Mountain Dew. In a letter to "Children of God for . Some bad reasearch there that you did not even know something as simple as that. According to this interview with the CEO of Costco, the Kirkland Signature Batteries are actually made by Duracell. Description Big K Red Cream Soda is clear red in color. Check out our ultimate list of favorite ALDI foods and drinks! Toured the factory in high school and have bought Great Value ever since., Tyson 1.5-2.5 lb Chicken Drumsticks $3.88 (depends on location), Great Value 5 lb Drumsticks $5.27 (depends on location). Who makes Dr K soda? is 2.00 and M.L. I tried them, I like them, and I am a Big K soft drink guy now. You really cant tell te difference between them and COKE or PEPSI. Like Summit Cola, Summit Citrus Twist struggles a bit in terms of carbonation. All three of those name brands are really, really good. It appears that in an effort to help keep the plant running at full capacity a new soft drink brand was trademarked by the Kroger Company on April 17, 1984 which went by the name Rocky Top. If you've ever spent any time in Texas, you know that the entire state is captivated by Big Red. If you go with a name brand soda, you know what to expect. The taste was comparable to cherry pomegranate. Overall: 8. Chek Orange Pineapple Soda can be found at Winn-Dixie grocery stores. "Big K" is also sold at King Soopers here in Colorado. There is Aldis Nord and Aldis Sud in Germany. And the best part is ALDIs brand is priced at $0.95 to $1.39 per package instead of $5 per box! Using carbon dioxide cartridges, tablets, or pods, soda makers simply add carbon dioxide to still water. Trader Joes Organic Shells and White Cheddar $1.39, Annies Homegrown Organic Shells & Cheese $3.99 (prices may vary). Aftertaste: 1. I have been drinking these for a number of years now and find they are really worth the money. It's also Kroger chains, which is why you saw it where you did. Smells exactly like the original. Is It a Quality Product? Required fields are marked *. It's a little bit sweeter and the cream soda flavor is a little bit stronger. This soda, which is sold at Publix, takes everything that is great about Mountain Dew and turns the volume up a few notches. We have kept this article on our site for folks who are curious about these off-brand sodas as the reviews on these soda are still accurate today. While Great Value Twist Up is comparable to 7UP, Summit Citrus Twist is more comparable to Sprite because it's a little bit sweeter and its flavor is more pronounced. . Trader Joes Organic Vegetarian Chili $2.29. Safeway's Cherry Select. Combine these two issues, and the result is a soda that tastes like flat carbonated water. Although ALDI does sell Olive Gardens 16oz dressing for $2.99, you can also pick up this Tuscan Garden Restaurant Style Italian Dressing in the same size bottle for just $1.69 thats almost a 60% savings! I feel like I can put it out on the table and serve it to guests. You might be surprised! $44), https://www.fsis.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media_file/2021-03/MPI_Directory_by_Establishment_Number.pdf, Bentons Peanut Butter Filled Cookies 9.5oz |, Bentons Caramel Coconut Fudge Cookies 8.5oz |. I would say that its Diet Cola is slightly sweeter than Diet Coke. It certainly didnt have the bite that Barqs products are famous for, but the flavor was spot-on. Belmont is an ALDI brand, not sure who makes it but it totally may be Ben & Jerrys! Many memories of shopping there with my mother in the 60s and 70s. If youre not keen enough to think to turn the label around, youd never know what this is unless you were bilingual. NOTE: The companies below were not willing to disclose this information, so some of the data in this post is based on online research and our detective work. At a time where soda popularity could often be judged by the weird colors added to the drink, Big Blue's parent . 99.5% of the time, smaller companies that dont want to put out the capital to buy the manufacturing facilities and pay for employees, they use tollers who make their product. Consistency: 4. So, you can pay big for H.K. QTY REMAINING: 2 . Grover C. Thomsen and R.H. Roark created the red crme soda Big Red, in Waco, Texas, in 1937. But if you want your ginger ale to be heavy on the ginger and provide a powerful zing, you very well could like this stuff better than many name brand options. Available at Smiths Food and Drug (although I take it it is also available at K-Mart given the name? "I like the diet version though, personally. Luckily, that was in 2007 and both are perfectly safe now. (1) Soon the company was producing soft drinks for stores other than Kroger, these included earlier brands such as Celebrate, Glendale for Glendale Foods, a grocery chain based in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania, and eventually including Ingles Laura Lynn beverages line, Piggly Wiggly Beverages, and Food Club for the Food City grocery stores. Smooth which Fred Meyer used to have prior to its leaving my state and becoming the pale imitation, Smiths Marketplace. When it's over, you too will agree that Mountain Splash deserves to be praised. At ALDI, a 12.2oz box of Millville Cinnamon Crunch Squares sells for around $0.11 per oz whereas a 12oz box of General Mills Cinnamon Toast Crunch sells for $0.27 per ozmore than twice as much! Enjoy the refreshing tastes of Fanta. I like Trader Joes but Aldi is my favorite. When Auburn University researchers tested 131 national and private . The ice cream stops the sweetness and the peach flavor from overpowering your taste buds, which will allow you to recapture the magic you experienced during your first few sips. To say that this brand has built up a large and loyal following would be an understatement. Compared to the name brands, Publix Orange Soda's orange flavoring is more subdued. I am not sure I have ever seen a five times digital coupon for this so I wanted to make sure you knew about this deal. While this soda contains both orange and pineapple flavors, it's the pineapple that steals the show. Big K Root Beer is Kroger brand root beer. Best sodas of all time rank: 9. The pixels on the can even shimmer when you take it out of the fridge and place it on your desk where the sun is shining. Really good and a very good price, just 88 cents (or 79 when on sale). Not owned by same company,but owned by one of the brothers that owns Aldi. You can get your drink at a good price and get a very decent quality. From start to finish is aftertaste, like youre not really drinking it in real time. My father in law knew the parents of the brothers. And when they ran out of the labels, they switched over to the Dollar store, same shape and size bottles were used and they were packaged going to the Dollar store for $.99. But the Clover Valley diet cola was GREAT! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on these, Lisa!. You can pick up a pack of Kirkland Signature AA Batteries at your local warehouse for around $13.99, whereas a Duracell Batteries sells for more than double! What a great post! They wont open an Aldi because Trader Joes is owned by the same company and there would be competition. Flavor: 9. An awful aftertaste that will have you reaching for something, anything else, to cleanse your palette. Contrary to popular belief, this flavor tastes like cinnamon, not bubble gum, as some individuals have claimed. Once you join, you'll be able to save & share your favorite deals, rate posts and recipes and add items to your HipList and Cookbook! but FYI Big K soda is a store-brand from the Kroger Company (based in Columbus Ohio) which owns other grocery chains (i dont know there names). I enjoyed reading it and your pictures were awesome. Very flat-not a lot of fizz. Lets see how it measured up. Big Blue is actually just another version of Big Red. Flat and every can is sticky but not enough to wet the box. However, drinking an acidic beverage like carbonated water does not make your body more acidic. manufactured under a private label by big brand companies. REKS Are Unbreakable Sunglasses, Breast Cancer Vaccine Shows Promise For Women, Looking for Discreet Protection? It's not a great choice but, then again, saving a few cents may be worth it to you. Why pay for Peter Pan Peanut Butter which sells for about 13.1 per ounce when you can opt for Walmarts Great Value brand for about 8.7 per ounce?! You come to America, you learn the language. -------------------------------------------, By Christian HoopesFeatured BloggerInventorSpot.com. Scent: 9. Carbonated water High-Fructose corn syrup Flavorings are both organic and inorganic. Citric acid Caffeine Red 40 Yellow 5 Yellow 6 Sodium Benzoate. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. I always check the ingredients list.Another post I read is true. Budget-wise, you will find youre spending more on soft drinks than gasoline and it gets you just about as far; what can you do? me dice amor y no somos nada? Who Makes Sunkist Soda? While your sweet tooth may applaud the change, don't be surprised if the rest of your being regrets not going with a name brand. Dr. Thunder is never going to fully replace Dr. Pepper but you should schedule an appointment with one of the cans to see if you find that the taste difference is worth the price difference. Head to Kroger to stock up! Roy dog biscuits are made by Milk Bone. Big Red has a distinct flavor that is similar to all cream sodas in that it is super sweet and gloopy. If you enjoy soda, would you be willing to try something new? Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via affiliate links in this post. Hip Tip: Check out our ultimate list of favorite ALDI foods and drinks! I love Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb. Some store brand sodas are revolting, while other store brand sodas are as good as (or even better than) the name brand. But the drink's odd texture didn't win fans over, and it was discontinued in the late '90s. Continue to add tape around your container in this fashion. Bottle design: 2. LOL. Flavor: 6. Mountain Dew has a lot of flavors on the market but nothing quite as intense as Mountain Splash. Flavor: 5. Many people really loved the flavor of that pop. who makes big k soda who makes big k soda. Unfortunately, you will also tire of Big K Cherry Cola after a few cans. Big K may refer to: Kuhn's-Big K, southeast American department store chain, sold out to Wal-Mart in 1981 A larger store format of Kmart A store brand used by Kroger (and subsidiaries) for soft drinks Big K (magazine), a national UK computer magazine in the 1980s A nickname for the International Prototype of the Kilogram A Dr. Pepper homage, it doesnt entirely live up to its name. Dew. 10. Orbitz Soda. 3 Big Red Soda Soft Drink, 12 Fl Oz (Pack of 24) 12-Ounce, 12-pack Deliciously unique flavor Great refreshing taste $31.63 Buy on Amazon Big Red Soda Varieties Sometimes thats General Mills, sometimes that is an unknown manufacturer who can make any brands peanut butter or crackers or cereal or body wash or mascara. More and more we were pouring out too much Coke as it went flat pretty quick. If you believe that Cherry Coke doesn't have a bold enough taste and you want even more cherries added to the equation, this drink is for you. We realized just how bad it was when we decided to try Big K. WOW what a differencewe're now exclusively Big K fans. Per Dollar General, this vaguely citrus-flavored soda is made with: "Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Concentrated Orange Juice, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Sodium Benzoate (Preserves Freshness), Caffeine, Sodium Citrate, Erythorbic Acid (Preserves Freshness), Gum Arabic, Calcium Disodium EDTA (to Protect Flavor), Brominated Vegetable Overall: 6. Is there no hope but to gain some self control and try to curtail your soda habit? 2006-2023 Viewpoints. If you read the label, you will find that the nutritional values are the same or even better than some other brands & it tastes just as delicious. Big Ben's Lemon Bubbles . Kaitlyn has a Bachelor's Degree from St. John's University with 2 years of writing experience for LinkedIn, Celeb Magazine, and other various publications. Consistency: 3. Inventions of All Inventions, Watson Evolving To Do Your Taxes This Year! Hip Tip: Dont miss the BEST Trader Joes items you wont find anywhere else! On top of that, the Keurig Kold machine isn't cheap: it costs from $299 to $369. If you're a Sprite fan and you're on a budget, get this stuff. Big Red has its own distinct flavor, which is, like all cream sodas, very sweet, syrupy, and vanilla-flavored. Much like Big K Peach Soda, Big K Cherry Cola doesn't skimp when it comes to flavor. Just a thought. Kind of weird, it would make you cautious to drink this. We inspire all people to enjoy our products in their everyday lives and where they take them. When you venture to your local supermarket, there's a good chance that an entire aisle is dedicated to soda. This one-of-a-kind drink tastes like a never-ending day at the beach in a lovely tropical destination where you can forget about all of your life's troubles. dermatologist salary alberta. dammit dr.bolds so awsome. Taste is equally as good, and carbonation retention beats Coke hands down. Each serving contains 250 calories. Big K (magazine), a national UK computer magazine in the 1980s. An established at-home soda maker, SodaStream, is battling declining U.S. sales. (2) As for the Rocky Top trademark, it was picked up by Rocky Top Beverages of Salisbury North Carolina in 2012; however, abandoned in 2013. We think Citrus Sling is trying to be Squirt or Fresca, though the taste is so much unlike either of those drinks its kind of hard to tell. I worked in a Fred Meyer (also a Kroger chain) for months without knowing why we sold Big K. I believe that Citrus Drop was trying to mimic Sun Drop, and not Mt. Big K is one of the better soft drink brands on the market. If you're shopping at Aldi and your pocketbook is demanding that you opt for one of their low-priced sodas, reach for Summit Citrus Twist. Scent: 8. If you add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream to this soda, it becomes bearable. Though it's not quite as good as Sprite, it's a reasonable facsimile for those with budgetary concerns. Overall: 4. Great Value Natural Hickory Smoked Bacon$6.84. , Your email address will not be published. I havent done a side by side blind taste test to see if they are the same or not. Big K Grape Soda ReviewPlaylist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm_L2S1tVD9Xa-aA_w2y1fexLjYuvRSo6Reed Napier Po Box 1407Pineville KY 40977Twitter ----. It also offers drinks similar to Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper, which is called Dr. K. There are 110 calories in 1 serving (8 oz) of Kroger Big K Cola. ALDI's Millville cereals are made by General Mills. I recommend it if you like Dr. Pepper, but think the price is too high, and it does seem high between special times of the year. Who Makes Jif Peanut Butter? Like the Great Value peanut butter, we discovered the connection during a recall that happened in 2015. Under the brand name Bentons, you can find three of the best Girl Scout cookie-inspired flavors Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Samoas. The citrus really kicks in and leaves a fruity aftertaste. Not only is the cherry flavor really strong, the cola flavor is equally as dominant. We all know that sometimes store brands may not compare to name brands BUT did you know that many store brands are actually manufactured under a private label by big brand companies specifically for that retailer and sold at a fraction of the cost? The Sangrita Blast was one of them. You can still sip the delicious bubble gum from your adolescence. Two 12-ounce packs Since 1937, Texas residents have enjoyed Red Cream soda. The Hometown Favorites Storefront offers a huge variety of other hard-to-find food favorites. A vanilla bean garnished with a mixture of orange and lemon oils. Subscribe to our newsletter. Normally this would get about a 6 or so, but it gets 4 bonus points for the name, which is far better than Dr. Pepper. It seems like every store has their own brand of fake Dr. Pepper. There are two big problems with Summit Cola that ruin this soda. It is considered to be an American variety of cream soda and was the first red cream soda. Harold Jansing, the president of the San Antonio bottling plant at the time, changed the sodas name to Sun Tang Big Red Cream Soda in 1959 and then to Big Red in 1969 after hearing a golf caddy refer to it by that name. This is obviously a take-off on Do the Dew from Mountain Dew, but still, youve got to hand it to them. Not all of them are up to par. Plus, theyre exactly the same as the pricey H.K. It's a little bit sweeter and the cream soda flavor is a little bit stronger. Soda Flop Index Score: 55.65. From $ 38.33 . Lets talk about the ingredients in Big Red soda so you can better understand what you are putting into your body. filter list by All Voters. We all love sodas with the possible exception of when we brush our teeth and immediately thereafter drink some Diet Coke (inadvertently creating a taste in our mouth similar to that of shampoo mixed with battery acid). Yeah for the redesigner. A 6oz bag of Trader Joes Pita Chips sells for about $0.33 per ounce, whereas a 7.33oz bag of Stacys Simply Naked Pita Chips sells for about $0.46 per ounce at stores like Target. Still more flat than Mountain Dew, it was probably a tad bit better than Mountain Lightning. Thanks good post. It has a consistent taste, both initially and aftertaste-wise. Big K cola, on the other, comes in a far greater variety of flavors. The colors are weak and there isnt a lot of contrast. There's a little bit of sweetness and a minuscule amount of cola flavor but, all in all, it's a gigantic disappointment that doesn't deserve to ever ride in your shopping cart. Thanks for the tip! I purchased CVS brand batteries and there was a Duracell battery mixed in the unopened package! We've gathered up ten interesting facts that you probably didn't know about Big Red Soda. They're not quite as good, but they offer a similar explosion of flavor in your mouth. Don't Miss Out! To experience Signature Select Ginger Ale at its best, don't be stingy about adding ice. While we cant verify that Bentons brand is made by a big brand, these cookies look (and taste) just like the Girl Scout version, except theyre less expensive and available year-round! Big Red soda is probably familiar if youre from Texas. After building this site over several years I have some great industry sources and contacts which help me bring the FACTS and the odd secret to our articles! Who Makes Sharp Microwaves? Best Answer. You can save money on a chilled glass of your favorite beverage by making your own sparkling water, seltzer, tonic water, or soda pop at home. $24.95 per 12 pack. Grover C. Thomsen and R.H. Roark created the red crme soda Big Red, in Waco, Texas, in 1937. Menu ceramic cutting tools advantages and disadvantages. Only thing that keeps me from looking for a way to leave 0 stars is that the fizz somehow came to the drink over time, took 4 days for the bottle to get 2 days worth of fizz, and that it is cheap. Again, not as much bark/bite effect as the original, but certainly not as flat as the others weve sampled so far. this was a great article, very intersting. Better than Mountain Lightning, but still not the Dew. Bonus points for the Pop the Drop phrase. One reason I know how generics are the same item. Gatorade - Propel Fitness Water in Melon Flavor. In the 1950s, the company expanded its product line to include cottonseed oil and cattle feed. Aftertaste: 4. Made By does not equal Same As in all instances. Just thank the many gloved hands that put in the time to make those products. Meijer doesn't disclose the full name of this quack but Dr. You can find Signature Select Ginger Ale at Albertsons, Safeway, Tom Thumb, or any of the other grocery stores owned by Albertsons. It includes 12 12-ounce cans. Big Red has a delightfully unique, yummy, and sleek taste. Big Red is a delightful side dish, especially when served with spicy foods and grilled meats. Customers who love the flavor and effects of Big Red have developed a cult following. The most popular red soda in America. And Walmarts Great Value brand wasnt the only one affectedFamily Dollar, CVS, Meijer, Piggly Wiggly, Publix, and Wegmans were also affected by that recall, so its safe to assume that Tyson supplies chicken for several different retailers store brands. They also have a Big K sparkling water in a can. Tase BETTER. www.myspace.com/bitchnuggaproductions has a wicked sweet dr.bold video, if u like dr.bold check it out. All rights reserved. So this is sort of a reverse-dupe , but if you miss the Trader Joes Harvest Blend herbal tea that was discontinued a couple of years ago, try the Celestial Seasonings blend! When you cant even tell what that something is, its time to go back to the drawing board. I've always been amused by the imitation names like Dr. Topper, Mountain Lightning, and my favorite by far, Bubble Up (clear lemon lime pop). A store brand used by Kroger (and subsidiaries) for soft drinks. Plenty of name brands under Aldis labels. Did you happen to document if this is in fact the case? From $ 37.97 12 OZ (12 Glass Bottles) Select Options. If you wanna save even bigger bucks on bacon, buy the bacon ends and pieces! My guess is Peter Pan, the ingredients list is the same between the 2 (at least for the chunky version from WinCo that I have in front of me), all of the others (Skippy/Jif) say cottonseed, rapeseed and/or soybean, vs Peter Pan/Winco that just list cottonseed and/or rapeseed; they (Peter Pan) also makes other store brands PB (think Walmart GV), and while the nutrition fact #s are slightly off, theyre still pretty close, so either they varied it within allowed tolerances to help mask it, or there is a slight formulation variation between the 2 brands. This is all according to the information included in the brochure for the sale of the plant after its closing in 2012 which also claims that the Kroger Company purchased and operated the plant since 1982. First developed in 1937 in the same city that . Sometimes they are a mile apart. Anderson Peanut Butter Pretzels $5.79. In the 1960s, the company began producing soft drinks again, and in the 1970s, the . Big Ben's Grape Soda . Anderson packs! Imagine my surprise when they stopped the machines and changed the bags for the pretzels to Great Value bags, then continued on! : 0 calories, nutrition grade (D plus), problematic ingredients, and more. Thanks. We enjoyed the neon-like quality to the beverage itself-it seemed nuclear. Join our large community of insiders - it's totally free! Talk about BIG savings! I noticed this many years ago and what gave it off was the packaging was the exact same ketchup bottle as the Heinz and theres no way they could be that similar and then I started looking at other packaging for different bottles of condiments and yes they can tell that theyre made by the name brand. Copyright 2006-2016. If youre a fan of Olive Gardens Signature Italian salad dressing, be on the lookout for ALDIs version of this popular salad dressing! Big Red is known for its cult following of loyal and passionate consumers who enjoy the sweet flavor and nostalgic moments it provides. As other reviewers have said, this brand has its own taste, while often having higher carbonation retention in comparison to more popular brands. The one-two punch of grossness will have you searching for the nearest sink so that you can spit out whatever soda remains in your mouth and pour the rest of it down the drain. Sam's Cola doesn't taste exactly like Coca-Cola but it's very much comparable. Its lemon-lime flavor is glorious. yahoo psmpackersandmovers@gmail.com; eric bass developer net worth Facebook mcguire's irish pub recipes Twitter ochosi day of the week Youtube Are They Still Popular in 2022? Powered by WordPress VIP. Although this isnt food but when I was a young woman I worked in a gasoline cap factory that made gasoline caps. A store brand used by Kroger (and subsidiaries) for soft drinks. They are easily accessible at any nearby retailer, including Walmart, Amazon, and others. Aldi's Summit Citrus Twist is a lot better than their Summit Cola. While the original has orange juice in it, Mountain Lion smells like a sour orange that has been left out in the sun for too long. This Mountain Dew knockoff, which is sold at Food Lion grocery stores, is a failure in every way imaginable. For Aldis canned meat-containing products like soups, chili, hash, summer sausage, etc; look for the EST. number. This fruity soda will make you Wanta Fanta! The soda was more syrup that carbonated water as the lack of fizz tried to warn me, and if I wasn't so cheap I'd have just thrown the thing out. Keep up the good work! And for good reason, as youre about to find out. I know Wal Mart has done more for the low-income families in this country than almost anyone, but they really should be ashamed of themselves for this creation. Aftertaste: 4. Kroger own's Ralph's (in California and some other western states) they also own Fred Meyer and quite a few others i have drank big k pops all my life, and when i can't get the store brand i prefer big k over any others. 4 For $5.00 View Details. The taste of Big K soft drinks is quite good. (2) I had noticed that Rocky Top which had been everywhere in the nineties was now only to be found in certain places, and after some researching into the trademark I found that it had been cancelled in 2006. 11 frank b swinguard switchblade; who makes big k soda. It can sometimes be hard to find them in stores, but I almost always spot them at my local Walmart. Great review! Hip2Save is a registered trademark of Hip Happenings, LLC. We began to notice over the last couple of years that Coke was failing to keep its carbonation. That said, I prefer Skippy PB, the WinCo version seems gritty and dry to me. But the news isn't all bad. The same recipe, they just change the packaging. Surprisingly, Smiths did pretty good. I worked at a Genaurdis years ago. Would you also like to leave us a comment? Good, which is saying a lot in this group. It is particularly well-liked in the American South, and anyone can probably find Big Red on the menu at several Texas barbecues. If anything, some people may find this drink to be too carbonated. Type above and press Enter to search. It's putrid. Overall: 10. What Portion of Sugar is in a Big Red Soda? joe and the juice tunacado ingredients; pickleball courts brentwood; tornado damage in princeton, ky; marshall county inmate roster; who makes big k soda. Walmart has Good Value Cinnamon that has a bright and fresh flavor compared to other brands! Bottle design: 8. We would have spit it out if we hadnt already swallowed it. A vast amount of sweetener is then used to mask and balance the acidity. June 10, 2022; By: Author bloomberg fields dictionary Instead of going out and trying all the different store brands to separate the wheat from the chaff, this ranking will save you time and money by leading you directly to the best of the best. Big K has become our full time alternative to name brand cola. I drink it regularly, and find it to be an inexpensive refreshment. It tastes like chemicals, and has very high citric acid levels with low caffeine levels. Do They Taste Good? Just like Tyson supplies so many retailers with chicken, Smithfield manufactures a ton of pork products, so its totally believable that they supply Walmart (and probably several other retailers!) I almost always buy the house brand regardless of what the product is., Great Value Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels$4.42, H.K. The key to success is that this store brand didn't try to make an exact copy of Dr. Pepper. Get your Girl Scout cookie cravings all year long at ALDI! On whomakehub.com you will find detailed information about product makers and manufacturers. You need to try the Big K Ginger Ale. In 1937, Grover C. Thomsen and R.H. Roark founded Big Red, Inc. in Waco, Texas. The Bluefield Beverage plant was advertised for sale, but unfortunately it hadnt received any buyers. It is Lucerne Foods. Bluefield Beverage closed its doors on April 27, 2012 and well over a century of bottling history in the Bluefields was over. Compared to other brands of ginger ale, Signature Select Ginger Ale is tangier and the ginger flavor is stronger. FYI URGE chips sold by Kwik Trip stores in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa are made by Old Dutch. Eh, its OK. Strong, 'sexy,' colors, it seems to be fusing both the red from Coke and the Blue from Pepsi. I once took a tour of the famous Anderson Pretzel factory. I know that it is hard to change some habits, but if you want to try these Big K soft drinks, you could have a good surprise. Vote up the best brands of cream soda below. This truly is a drink deserving of its own line of action movies. Big Red. with their store-brand items. I buy at least 6 2 liters of it every other week. Taste-wise, Great Value Twist Up doesn't move the needle much. Unfortunately, the happy times won't last. Facebook. Tasty orange sodas are plentiful on grocery store shelves. you could always shop around for a sale instead of lowering your standards. $4.49 per 20 oz. It tastes about the same going down as it does going in. It tasted flat, and had little bite. It generally smelled Mountain Dew-esque. Anderson pretzels in an Anderson Pretzel bag, or you can pay a little for Anderson Pretzels in a Great Value bag!. "I really like the flavor but I can't imagine any reason to put that much sugar and acid in a drink," Ayah Z. wrote on Influenster.