Division I Semifinals A complete effort on both sides of the ball helped the Cougars remain undefeated in impressive fashion with a 27-8 win over Pearl City on Friday night at Kaiser Stadium. Hes heard all the push back and uses it at motivation to get better. The 10 picks set an OIA record established by Kahuku against Farrington way back in 1973. Waianae picks Young to head football program - 2015-02-05: No. WAIANAE SEARIDERS Waianae High School 6:00 pm 0 -- 35 L August 9, 2014 Saturday KALAHEO MUSTANGS Kailua High School 4:00 pm SCHOOL CLOSED GAME CXL DUE TO WEATHER (HURRICANE) August 2, 2014 Saturday Pearl City (Scrimmage) Moanalua High School 6:00 pm N/A N/A July 31, 2014 Thursday Kahuku (Scrimmage) Moanalua High School League Admins: This module is not optimized to be displayed in the sidebar. So who knows. How the offense this year!! 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Other than a missed assignment on an option keeper where the Waianae quarterback ran for 67 yards, it was all Napierala-Rose for Waianae. Up and down Farrington Highway, from the hand-painted Kanaka Maoli sign all the way up to Waianae Drive-In (formerly known as Tasty Freeze), there are red-and-blue signs for Tigers and Seariders alike. This is not about me, Kaumeyer was quick to point out. >> Kaiser Cougars Nike Legend Short Sleeve T-Shirt. I went to the game. Mililani, will fade back to the middle like Leilehua; had a amazing couple of years and then returned to being just competitive. Nov. 13The target on the back of the Kaiser football team only continues to get bigger. >> Saint Louis 42, Waianae 7, at Aloha Stadium, Open Semifinals by STL79 Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:41 pm, Post And how you fuams figure the conference their in is the weaker division? They have there own identity and dont need to be like anybody else. One of them was a tight end early in the season. Here's the print version of the story. And maybe that will bring them to the much-awaited promised land, where Waianae was when it won 18 OIA championships between 1962 and 1997 and earned four Oahu Prep Bowl titles in 14 appearances from 1973 to 1998.I can tell you that no one out there is working harder than us, Kaumeyer told his boys as they ended practice Monday with the beautiful blue of the Pacific as a backdrop. The coach hasn't entered a Wai'anae boys football roster yet. Campbell is very good no doubt, last years 1 & 6 record was puzzling, losing to Castle in their opener and spiraling w/subsequent losses. $26.99. Hallums led the Seariders 64 yards on 10 plays on their second drive of the game, completing all three of his passes. We talk about what it means to play Waianae football. Kaiser converted a couple of Waianae turnovers deep in Waianae territory. 1 on the list and the Saints would be No. >> 1985 Championship Game: PAC-5 56, Waianae 7 Then it WAIANAE VS SAINT LOUIS .. First game begins at 5:30pm! Its gotta be a structured chaos, Kaumeyer said about his approach. Kapolei has another road game, they'll play Iolani this week Saturday, at Iolani. by bigbangahf Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:02 pm, Post >> Waianae 21, Baldwin 6, at Aloha Stadium Coach Guy Paredes: While 53.4 percent of the Bears offensive yards come through the air, the Seariders like to pound the football. 4.75 ounce. The 5-foot-10, 230-pound senior had only 15 carries along with one reception for 19 yards as offensive coordinator Bobby George spread the wealth. Varsity Boys Football. >> Waianae Seariders, OIA Division I Waipahu QB Cody Marques (7) scrabbles out of T-Shirts. The Seariders still hold a 19-5 edge in the series. Cause what i saw during the 4 pass league we need a lot of work!! Two Big Island teams advanced to the BIIF Division II football semifinals with wins on Saturday. >> OIA Red All-Stars lost to graduation: John Kapua (first-team OL), Mosiah Brame (first-team DB), Joseph Soriano Kikila (second-team OL), Joey Nuuanu-Kuhiiki (second-team DL), Noah Kealoha (second-team LB), Alexander Quijano (second-team DB) Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Hawaiis Iosivas and Herbig impress at NFL Combine, Incoming storm system disrupt the trade winds, Hit-and-run fatality still raising awareness a decade, Hawaii mens basketball drops regular season finale, Hawaii softball defeats Santa Clara on walk-off blast, No. HS football is almost here, the crap talking at the water coolers at work will be in full effect soon. He actually breaks it down so we can all get a shot at it, especially in the classroom where he breaks it down to the point where we can feel free switching things up on the field and still doing our assignments. >> At Waianae 28, at Kealakehe 14 The league produces a number of quality athletic teams in a number of sports, especially football. >> Offensive line: Zeke Wakinekona 1 Hawaii mens volleyball sweeps No. Likewise with Radford; new HC, lost plenty players from their D2 Championship team plus as all know, the difference from D2 to D1 is huge! >> Number of starters lost to graduation: 11 >> Aug. 13: at Kapolei : www.OC16.tv. I think its good that we have a coach like that, Timoteo told Hoshida, You know, him coaching at the next level and even playing in the NFL, hes experienced. We want to make teams have to drive on our defense and not give up those big plays, he said. Waianae downs Leilehua for first OIA Open win of season - 2022-09-25: No. So in that sense, its going well. Big Red is going to shock the world! The other OIA Conference (Red) has Mililani, Farrington, Castle, Kailua, Leilehua, Kapolei, Nanakuli. Were all still hungry. The Waianae football community took pride in supporting the young men of the Waianae football program. I believe the Red Raiders riding a 16 game win streak. Nov. 17, 2000 >> 1988 Championship Game: Saint Louis 49, Waianae 7 by hssportsfanatic Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:43 pm, Post >> Wide receivers: Paul Alferez Team Makai) containing 360 photos. >> Running backs: Peni Tiolu >> 2015 record and finish: 9-4 (6-1 OIA Red); defeated Kailua 37-22 in OIA quarterfinals; lost 45-20 in OIA semifinals; defeated Farrington 20-19 in OIA third-place game; defeated Baldwin 21-6 in D-I state tournament first round; lost 13-0 to Kahuku in the D-I state tournament semifinals Nov. 12, 2010 Division I Championship Game Watch this highlight video of the Wai'anae (HI) football team in its game Moanalua High School on Oct 15, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Wai'anae (HI) football team in its game Recap: Waianae vs. Leilehua 2022 on Sep 24, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Wai'anae (HI) football team in its game Kapolei High School on Sep 2, 2022. Our football frenzy is coming to a successful end. Wear orange to create a unified and respectful community and school. There is another Michael Beazley among them who can run it! A lot of kids went on trips and stuff, but we had a whole bunch of kids show up all summer, We probably got about 70 to 75 on varsity and about 80 to 90 on JV. "We prepared hard," Tauanuu said. by kapakahi Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 am, Post >> Defensive line: Kainoa Evangelista Open Semifinals Abad, Rob Melendres, Nathan Daniel ( Jr.) Thomas-Kaleiohi, Kamuela ( So.) Track Order. Good luck Westside Pride. >> Kailua Surfriders Now, its a matter of the players trusting the new system and the process and be doing that when the bullets are live. See Kahuku and St. Louis as Big Dogs in the State. We will try to be more balanced offensively this year. Hopefully the new staff (2nd year) will start turning it around. >> Saint Louis 53, Waianae 21, at Aloha Stadium, Quarterfinals by oldskool2u Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:32 am, Post >> Kahuku Red Raiders Look where I am at now with all these offers, being able to go to the next level with scholarships. They believe in it and want to be champions and bring back pride to the Westside and stuff like that. >> Waipahu Marauders, OIA Division II The late 80s and 90s were peak Seariders football. >> Honolulu Star-Advertiser All-State selections lost to graduation: John Kapua (second-team OL), Mosiah Brame (second-team CB) Wai'anae Seariders. >> July 30: Iolani (scrimmage only) >> McKinley Tigers I guess having all the DIV 1 prospects don't mean a thing unless you can pull it together As I mentioned before it is a team sport. >> Pahoa Daggers, MIL Division I >> Defensive line: Bernard Beaver Mill town 4eva. I totally agree that we need to pass more and better! the younger QBS are not even there yet..enter trust them on the field yet! Pride and Legacy of Waianae Searider Football. I can see with the pace he runs with us and the way to runs the whole program. Miss the days when Coach Ginoza was walking the sideline!!!! >> Head coach: Walter Young (9-4, second season) Schoolwide Expectations and Online Etiquette. The 10 picks set an OIA record established by Kahuku against Farrington way back in 1973. We have a favorable home schedule, with the next four games at home, so well just get back to it tomorrow. >> Seariders with Division I FBS college offers: Onesimus Clarke (OL, Sr.), It offers the comfort of cotton combined with the benefits of performance. >> Farrington Governors With All-State offensive player of the year Kainoa Carvalho out (ankle), Kahuku stepped up in a big-play way for a 41-6 win over Waianae. Post Dont see any other OIA schools competing for the title. On 9/24, the Wai'anae varsity football team won their home conference game against Leilehua (Wahiawa, HI) by a score of 20-0. >> Lahainaluna Lunas The other powers is all homegrown! Varsity Boys Football. Claim your team to manage the roster, schedule, scores, stats and more. RRs go take team pic at POUNDERS BEACH. >> Aiea Na Alii The OIA now has 24 member schools who compete in 19 different junior varsity and varsity level sports. Re: Waianae Seariders vs Castle Knights Post by gopunahou Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:04 am The controversy about the calls sounds like OU-Oregon 2006 or 2-4 Leilehua Mules. 5 Sabers fend off Seariders - 2019-09-23: No. Kids. This is a blessing. But there is still a very, very tough road ahead, with teams like Kahuku, Mililani, Campbell and Kapolei and other pesky OIA Open contenders standing in the way. The Pearl City Junior Chargers is a non-profit 501(c)(3) youth sports organization for children K-8th grade. I feel like this year is going to be successful, win or lose. BSN SPORTS Phenom Short Sleeve T-Shirt. 2023 Powered by Honolulu Star-Advertiser, VIDEO: No. Thats what Waianae ran when they beat Punahou In the 1977 Prep Bowl. Wow is all I can say about Keoni Napierala-Rose. >> 1980 Championship Game: Co-champs Waianae 7, Iolani 7 Kahuku on the other hand, is loaded with returning talent! Its an all out war for the champ title as TJ and his teammates try to exercise some governor authority over the Waianae Seariders. MaxPreps is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Get this season started out right and help the team fill out their schedule and roster. >> Oahu Prep Bowl overall record: 3-10-1 But he is most well known in these parts as the University of Hawaiis defensive coordinator in 2012 and 13. Nov. 19, 1999 oldskool2u Pom pom fluffer Posts: 76 Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 am Re: Waianae vs Kapolei He knows what he is doing. Obra directed his quarterbacks to put up 42 passes but Waianae stole 10 of them in a 41-7 victory for the Seariders in front of 3,966 at Aloha Stadium. Published: Oct. 29, 2019 at 11:24 PM PDT. 1 Kahuku past Waianae to set-up showdown against Mililani - 2021-12-05: No. >> Sept. 23: at Campbell Love seeing these kids run!! I wasnt good enough and that I wouldnt be able to play, but I just took that to keep going. 10 Kapolei for postseason berth - 2021-11-20: Seariders can lock up spot in OIA postseason with win over Hurricanes - 2021-11-18: No. Kaiser, radford, aiea, Das awright we undastan u bipola. During freestyle season we actually wrestle as a club team which is the Waianae Junior Seariders. Weight training is back for the football squad, and momentum is building for a team with plenty of youth. By Paul Honda. Any new QB this year???. O-line is getting there, Molina and Makue(a pancake maker) are solid, Sadaraka needs help at times but can, Tau and Ashberry fill in good, Tanielu back on the o- line would do damage, he and wilson can go both ways on the line, first and goal w/the wishbone w/wilson & passi leading for Keoni or pule keeping is tough to stop. Division I Semifinals Customize any of our Waianae High School Seariders designs to fully personalize your product by choosing colors, text, and even adding a back design. speak softly and carry a big stick, rather then speak loudly (arrogrance) and what if the big stick no work? Property Address 84-1111 Hana Street #8, Waianae, HI 96792 Offered By Asian Pacific Investments (808) 450-0300 rentals@asianpacificinvestments.com www.apiprope. Every student in our program learns to tell stories through a variety of media platforms. Feleti Brown was actually the best runner of them all but was a junior and had to wait his turn. DBs we have so speedter back there!!! Free and open company data on Hawaii (US) company WAIANAE JR. SEARIDERS FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION (company number 270300D2) Learn how to leverage transparent company data at scale. Waianae junior OL Titus Kahooilihala (55) takes the field during Friday night's season opener against Waipahu. Expected big contributors defensively are linemen Timuani Cook and Fale Timoteo, defensive backs Alvin Kalahiki and Keoni McLeod, inside linebacker Dustin Pave, and the brother outside linebacker tandem of Brayden and Curtis Jackson. Tom ventured into Renewable Energy and eventually Energy Efficiency in 2012. Required fields are marked *. Most points scored in a game, during a 90-0 shutout of McKinley on Sept. 5, 2015. Read Article; Oct 13, 2021 @ 12:15pm. Coach Tatas first year proved that he is a genius to use his players the way he did to win states as an underdog. we dont have any young RBs except for a bunch of walkons and John Lister greyshirting (and greyshirting at UH isnt exactly a guarantee). sh_2k2x theme by ubercow, based on prosilver. Kennedy from Waianae, represent baby! Radford the devison llc champ! Waianae will be tough, they return plenty players, riding the success of a very good season last year. Players (72) Staff (2) Do you have a team photo? >> Maui Sabers, MIL Division II ADDITIONAL LINKS Contact Us keyboard_arrow_right Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm ET Jaylin Ioane (Waianae High School) "I feel proud to be the only girl playing for the Seariders," she continued Waianae Seariders 0 13 0 0 13 SAINT LOUIS CRUSADER 13 10 0 13 36. Scoring Summary: 1st 10:54 STLOUIS TUPUA,Joshua 13 yd pass from MARIOTA,Marcus (GOO,Aaron kick) 4 plays, 60 yards, TOP 1:06, WAIANAE 0 STLOUIS 7 Our competitors would consist of other club teams from around the island. Game Stats Season Stats RR4life. ^ yeah whatever, keep it to yourself buddy. Waianae VS Leilehua @leilehua. I personally think they have the best LBs core this year in the state.. Gonzales, Hatori, Milo, Mauga, just to name a few. yes the road will always go thru Kahuku no matter how good Mililani has been the past couple of years. No can RRs. >> Saint Louis 10, Waianae 7, at Aloha Stadium, Division I First Round Claim this team Ways you can help Wai'anae's stats have been entered for the 41-32 win vs. Moanalua on 10/14/2022 7:30 PM. maybe UH should take a look at him for RB. David Lane Interim head coach Radford Rams fall The Russell Athletic Youth Dri-Power Fleece Hoodie features moisture-wicking fabric, front muff pocket, ribbed cuffs and waistband, and three-end fleece. School sports apparel, faculty and staff clothing, parents, teachers, students and custom Waianae High School fan wear! This year will be a true test for the Trojans as they lost plenty good seniors. THERE YOU GO I CALLED IT!!! News, real-time play-by-play, game summaries, scores, stats, standings, rosters and more for ILH Division 1, ILH Division 2, OIA Red East, OIA Red West, OIA White, BIIF, KIF and the MIL. We offer bulk discounts and fundraising options so go ahead and customize something for yourself or design apparel for your group, team, or the entire family. Like I was telling our boys, we can be a shining light for our community, Kaumeyer told Cover2s Alan Hoshida, We just have to trust the process, and if we do so, I think it is something that will change the foundation and not just a quick fix for one year.. best of luck to all teams D1 and D2 alike, this season will not disapoint. >> Linebackers: Kaleo Searle 10 Waianae, 41-6, Waianae plays lights out in a 47-6 upset of No. >> Radford Rams 19-20 V. Football. He is difficult to stop. Kasier and moanalua on any given Friday can win against you if you no paparedand not to mention Kamehameha a well coach team that can pretty must beat any team in the red divison, Its weaker because Mililani isnt in itlol.