On an appointed day Herod, having put on his royal apparel, took his seat on the rostrum and began delivering an address to them. Why do you bring him to me? When he was in distress, he entreated the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers. Then he arose and departed and went to Samaria. If they spare us, we will live; and if they kill us, we will but die." He did evil in the sight of the LORD, and followed the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, with which he made Israel sin; he did not turn from them. So she came to Jerusalem with a very large retinue, with camels carrying spices and very much gold and precious stones. Finally his servants conspired against him and put him to death in his own house. Then King Rehoboam sent Adoram, who was over the forced labor, and all Israel stoned him to death. So he departed from there and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, while he was plowing with twelve pairs of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth. When Ahaziah the king of Judah saw this, he fled by the way of the garden house And Jehu pursued him and said, "Shoot him too, in the chariot " So they shot him at the ascent of Gur, which is at Ibleam. "Now you also know what Joab the son of Zeruiah did to me, what he did to the two commanders of the armies of Israel, to Abner the son of Ner, and to Amasa the son of Jether, whom he killed; he also shed the blood of war in peace. Isaiah 15:6 For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate: for the hay is withered away, the grass faileth, there is no green thing. And Shimei went and brought his servants from Gath. And what is your request? Now the rest of the acts of Rehoboam and all that he did, are they not written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Judah? Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this dayin that they have forsaken Me and served other godsso they are doing to you also. He overlaid the whole house with gold, until all the house was finished. They gave him a piece of fig cake and two clusters of raisins, and he ate; then his spirit revived. So King Solomon became greater than all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom. Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the assembly of Israel and spread out his hands toward heaven. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name. What is my iniquity? So their wings were touching each other in the center of the house. And Saul arose, left the cave, and went on his way. So the two of them made a covenant before the LORD; and David stayed at Horesh while Jonathan went to his house. "For the thing shall surely come to pass which he cried by the word of the LORD against the altar in Bethel and against all the houses of the high places which are in the cities of Samaria." He called Gehazi and said, "Call this Shunammite." And he said to Jehoshaphat, "Will you go with me to battle at Ramoth-gilead?" Behold, my father does nothing either great or small without disclosing it to me. But Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he crouched down on the earth and put his face between his knees. Saul said, "May you be blessed of the LORD, for you have had compassion on me. And Saul built an altar to the LORD; it was the first altar that he built to the LORD. When Samuel became old, he made his sons judges over Israel. And Ahab slaughtered many sheep and oxen for him and the people who were with him, and induced him to go up against Ramoth-gilead. And the king arose to meet her, bowed before her, and sat on his throne; then he had a throne set for the kings mother, and she sat on his right. Now the rest of the acts of Rehoboam and all that he did, are they not written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Judah? He gathered men to himself and became leader of a marauding band, after David slew them of Zobah; and they went to Damascus and stayed there, and reigned in Damascus. What has he done?" So none of the people tasted food. And what have you found in your servant from the day when I came before you to this day, that I may not go and fight against the enemies of my lord the king?" Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying, "Arise, go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who is in Samaria; behold, he is in the vineyard of Naboth where he has gone down to take possession of it. Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, "So may the gods do to me and even more, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time." After this event Jeroboam did not return from his evil way, but again he made priests of the high places from among all the people; any who would, he ordained, to be priests of the high places. And he said, "Do it a third time," and they did it a third time. read more. Then they said to one another, "We are not doing right. So he said to the messengers of Ben-hadad, "Tell my lord the king, 'All that you sent for to your servant at the first I will do, but this thing I cannot do.'" Then Saul said to Ahijah, "Bring the ark of God here." "He will also take your daughters for perfumers and cooks and bakers. I will make many peoples appalled at you, and their kings will be horribly afraid of you when I brandish My sword before them; and they will tremble every moment, every man for his own life, on the day of your fall., For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed. When your days are fulfilled that you must go to be with your fathers, that I will set up one of your descendants after you, who will be of your sons; and I will establish his kingdom. Now Jehoshaphat had great riches and honor; and he allied himself by marriage with Ahab. Moreover, Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, "Please inquire first for the word of the LORD." When his servants told David these words, it pleased David to become the king's son-in-law. They proclaimed a fast and seated Naboth at the head of the people. Now the rest of the acts of Baasha and what he did and his might, are they not written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel? Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. "As you did not obey the LORD and did not execute His fierce wrath on Amalek, so the LORD has done this thing to you this day. For I am sent to you with a harsh message. And the Lord helped David wherever he went. All the men of Israel assembled themselves to King Solomon at the feast, in the month Ethanim, which is the seventh month. read more. "Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet have anointed him king in Gihon, and they have come up from there rejoicing, so that the city is in an uproar. So Saul defeated the Amalekites, from Havilah as you go to Shur, which is east of Egypt. And what is your further request? But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water; and he cried out and said, "Alas, my master! Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Then Jesse said to David his son, "Take now for your brothers an ephah of this roasted grain and these ten loaves and run to the camp to your brothers. He called to the LORD and said, "O LORD my God, have You also brought calamity to the widow with whom I am staying, by causing her son to die?" Then we will fight against them in the plain, and surely we will be stronger than they." Shimei then said to the king, "The word is good. Then David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and came and said to Jonathan, "What have I done? Now then, take and cast him into the property, according to the word of the LORD.". So Pharaoh said to Joseph, Since God has informed you of all this, there is no one so discerning and wise as you are. Then David defeated Hadadezer, the son of Rehob king of Zobah, as he went to restore his rule at the River.read more.David captured from him 1,700 horsemen and 20,000 foot soldiers; and David hamstrung the chariot horses, but reserved enough of them for 100 chariots. Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. And the people did not know that Jonathan had gone. Then Abigail came to Nabal, and behold, he was holding a feast in his house, like the feast of a king And Nabal's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunk; so she did not tell him anything at all until the morning light. So he put out his hand and took it. And Elisha answered, "The LORD has shown me that you will be king over Aram." His servant Zimri, commander of half his chariots, conspired against him Now he was at Tirzah drinking himself drunk in the house of Arza, who was over the household at Tirzah. As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way, the voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight, John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. See now, how my eyes have brightened because I tasted a little of this honey. "Please forgive the transgression of your maidservant; for the LORD will certainly make for my lord an enduring house, because my lord is fighting the battles of the LORD, and evil will not be found in you all your days. He made his son pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and used divination, and dealt with mediums and spiritists. Ahaziah king of Judah had come down to see Joram. And they were unable to eat. Then David ran and stood over the Philistine and took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled. read more. Solomons wisdom surpassed the wisdom of all the sons of the east and all the wisdom of Egypt. Which he will display at the proper timehe who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.. When he came to Samaria, he killed all who remained to Ahab in Samaria, until he had destroyed him, according to the word of the LORD which He spoke to Elijah. So they brought back word to the king. Will he make you all commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds? All the priests of the high places who were there he slaughtered on the altars and burned human bones on them; then he returned to Jerusalem. For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should taunt the armies of the living God?" Saul took him that day and did not let him return to his father's house. I know that you do." So she said, "Let Abishag the Shunammite be given to Adonijah your brother as a wife." They cut off his head and stripped off his weapons, and sent them throughout the land of the Philistines, to carry the good news to the house of their idols and to the people. But it came about at the end of three years, that two of the servants of Shimei ran away to Achish son of Maacah, king of Gath. So Jehu the son of Jehoshaphat the son of Nimshi conspired against Joram. And Agag said, "Surely the bitterness of death is past." Then David defeated Hadadezer, the son of Rehob king of Zobah, as he went to restore his rule at the River. He carved on it cherubim, palm trees, and open flowers; and he overlaid them with gold evenly applied on the engraved work. So the men of the garrison hailed Jonathan and his armor bearer and said, "Come up to us and we will tell you something " And Jonathan said to his armor bearer, "Come up after me, for the LORD has given them into the hands of Israel." So the men of his city, the elders and the nobles who lived in his city, did as Jezebel had sent word to them, just as it was written in the letters which she had sent them. May the LORD therefore reward you with good in return for what you have done to me this day. And the king arose to meet her, bowed before her, and sat on his throne; then he. And he urged him, and bound two talents of silver in two bags with two changes of clothes and gave them to two of his servants; and they carried them before him. Now God gave Solomon wisdom and very great discernment and breadth of mind, like the sand that is on the seashore. And he brought them to Samaria. Then Saul and all the people who were with him rallied and came to the battle; and behold, every man's sword was against his fellow, and there was very great confusion. Now the servants of the king of Aram said to him, "Their gods are gods of the mountains, therefore they were stronger than we; but rather let us fight against them in the plain, and surely we will be stronger than they. And the watchman reported, "The messenger came to them, but he did not return." He also spoke 3,000 proverbs, and his songs were 1,005. The period which he reigned over Israel was forty years; he reigned in Hebron seven years and in Jerusalem thirty-three years. Then she said to the king, It was a true report which I heard in my own land about your words and your wisdom. As for the house which King Solomon built for the LORD, its length was sixty cubits and its width twenty cubits and its height thirty cubits. He made the ten stands like this: all of them had one casting, one measure and one form. And Jehu said, "Sanctify a solemn assembly for Baal " And they proclaimed it. Now when the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead heard what the Philistines had done to Saul, all the valiant men rose and walked all night, and took the body of Saul and the bodies of his sons from the wall of Beth-shan, and they came to Jabesh and burned them there. So he said to the driver of the chariot, "Turn around and take me out of the fight, for I am severely wounded." Then Saul said to Jonathan, "Tell me what you have done " So Jonathan told him and said, "I indeed tasted a little honey with the end of the staff that was in my hand. But Jehoshaphat was not willing. Solomon did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, and did not follow the LORD fully, as David his father had done. Then Shallum the son of Jabesh conspired against him and struck him before the people and killed him, and reigned in his place. Now King Solomon levied forced laborers from all Israel; and the forced laborers numbered 30,000 men. So he went up and looked and said, "There is nothing." Then he found another man and said, "Please strike me." And she said, "Do you come peacefully?" The king sat on his seat as usual, the seat by the wall; then Jonathan rose up and Abner sat down by Saul's side, but David's place was empty. Then Saul commanded his servants, "Speak to David secretly, saying, 'Behold, the king delights in you, and all his servants love you; now therefore, become the king's son-in-law.'" And each one of them took his men who were to come in on the sabbath, with those who were to go out on the sabbath, and came to Jehoiada the priest. Then Ziba said to the king, "According to all that my lord the king commands his servant so your servant will do." Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? When he returned to the man of God with all his company, and came and stood before him, he said, "Behold now, I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel; so please take a present from your servant now." Then Shallum the son of Jabesh conspired against him and struck him before the people and killed him, and reigned in his place. Now Adonijah the son of Haggith exalted himself, saying, "I will be king " So he prepared for himself chariots and horsemen with fifty men to run before him. So David arose and crossed over, he and the six hundred men who were with him, to Achish the son of Maoch, king of Gath. Now Saul chose for himself 3,000 men of Israel, of which 2,000 were with Saul in Michmash and in the hill country of Bethel, while 1,000 were with Jonathan at Gibeah of Benjamin. But when they came to the camp of Israel, the Israelites arose and struck the Moabites, so that they fled before them; and they went forward into the land, slaughtering the Moabites. Then the commanders of the Philistines said, "What are these Hebrews doing here?" Now the day came that Jonathan, the son of Saul, said to the young man who was carrying his armor, "Come and let us cross over to the Philistines' garrison that is on the other side." Ahab said to Elijah, "Have you found me, O my enemy?" Jonathan said, "Far be it from you! And he said, "Do it a third time," and they did it a third time. So Benaiah came to the tent of the LORD and said to him, "Thus the king has said, 'Come out.'" Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. "But show kindness to the sons of Barzillai the Gileadite, and let them be among those who eat at your table; for they assisted me when I fled from Absalom your brother. So Joash slept with his fathers, and Jeroboam sat on his throne; and Joash was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel. The battle raged that day, and the king of Israel propped himself up in his chariot in front of the Arameans until the evening; and at sunset he died. Nevertheless the priests of the high places did not go up to the altar of the LORD in Jerusalem, but they ate unleavened bread among their brothers. Then he made the ten stands of bronze; the length of each stand was four cubits and its width four cubits and its height three cubits. Besides, Solomon has even taken his seat on the throne of the kingdom. The king of Israel went out and struck the horses and chariots, and killed the Arameans with a great slaughter. but sought the God of his father, followed His commandments, and did not act as Israel did. Elijah came near to all the people and said, "How long will you hesitate between two opinions? Would it not be with the heads of these men? He threw it into the pot and said, "Pour it out for the people that they may eat." Ish-bosheth, Sauls son, was forty years old when he became king over Israel, and he was king for two years. He said, "Why will you go to him today? The LORD said to Jehu, "Because you have done well in executing what is right in My eyes, and have done to the house of Ahab according to all that was in My heart, your sons of the fourth generation shall sit on the throne of Israel." Is not the sound of his master's feet behind him?" He also said, "Why then is my lord pursuing his servant? But in the eighteenth year of King Josiah, this Passover was observed to the LORD in Jerusalem. Now Joram with all Israel was defending Ramoth-gilead against Hazael king of Aram, but King Joram had returned to Jezreel to be healed of the wounds which the Arameans had inflicted on him when he fought with Hazael king of Aram. Please let your word be like the word of one of them, and speak favorably." "Go, say to Jeroboam, 'Thus says the LORD God of Israel, "Because I exalted you from among the people and made you leader over My people Israel, and tore the kingdom away from the house of David and gave it to you--yet you have not been like My servant David, who kept My commandments and who followed Me with all his heart, to do only that which was right in My sight; you also have done more evil than all who were before you, and have gone and made for yourself other gods and molten images to provoke Me to anger, and have cast Me behind your back-- therefore behold, I am bringing calamity on the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam every male person, both bond and free in Israel, and I will make a clean sweep of the house of Jeroboam, as one sweeps away dung until it is all gone. Then Jehoash said to the priests, "All the money of the sacred things which is brought into the house of the LORD, in current money, both the money of each man's assessment and all the money which any man's heart prompts him to bring into the house of the LORD, let the priests take it for themselves, each from his acquaintance; and they shall repair the damages of the house wherever any damage may be found." They taught in Judah, having the book of the law of the LORD with them; and they went throughout all the cities of Judah and taught among the people. Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. "He will also take your male servants and your female servants and your best young men and your donkeys and use them for his work. "How blessed are your men, how blessed are these your servants who stand before you continually and hear your wisdom. Then Samuel said to the people, "It is the LORD who appointed Moses and Aaron and who brought your fathers up from the land of Egypt. As the lad was running, he shot an arrow past him. Ben-hadad sent to him and said, "May the gods do so to me and more also, if the dust of Samaria will suffice for handfuls for all the people who follow me." "But if I say to the youth, 'Behold, the arrows are beyond you,' go, for the LORD has sent you away. For they had put Athaliah to death with the sword at the king's house. For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns. Now his sons had seen the way which the man of God who came from Judah had gone. And behold, the half was not told me. He did away with the idolatrous priests whom the kings of Judah had appointed to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah and in the surrounding area of Jerusalem, also those who burned incense to Baal, to the sun and to the moon and to the constellations and to all the host of heaven. He said, "Go up and succeed, for they will be given into your hand." And Jehu slept with his fathers, and they buried him in Samaria. When they began singing and praising, the LORD set ambushes against the sons of Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; so they were routed. And the Lord anointed you king over Israel. Therefore the LORD brought the commanders of the army of the king of Assyria against them, and they captured Manasseh with hooks, bound him with bronze chains and took him to Babylon. But Samuel said, "What have you done?" And Baasha slept with his fathers and was buried in Tirzah, and Elah his son became king in his place. David said to Achish, "But what have I done? "How much more, if only the people had eaten freely today of the spoil of their enemies which they found! He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. The LORD sent against him bands of Chaldeans, bands of Arameans, bands of Moabites, and bands of Ammonites So He sent them against Judah to destroy it, according to the word of the LORD which He had spoken through His servants the prophets. And when they had numbered, behold, Jonathan and his armor bearer were not there. So Judah gathered together to seek help from the LORD; they even came from all the cities of Judah to seek the LORD. But the woman said to him, "Behold, you know what Saul has done, how he has cut off those who are mediums and spiritists from the land. And Saul said, "Because I saw that the people were scattering from me, and that you did not come within the appointed days, and that the Philistines were assembling at Michmash, therefore I said, 'Now the Philistines will come down against me at Gilgal, and I have not asked the favor of the LORD.' For the Lord has an eye on mankind and on all the tribes of Israel, and on Hamath also, which borders on it, Tyre and Sidon, though they are very wise. As the LORD lives, all of you must surely die, because you did not guard your lord, the LORD'S anointed. "Here I am; bear witness against me before the LORD and His anointed Whose ox have I taken, or whose donkey have I taken, or whom have I defrauded? They brought every man his gift, articles of silver and gold, garments, weapons, spices, horses, and mules, so much year by year. Turn behind me." So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites. And Jehu said, "What have you to do with peace? The battle raged that day, and the king of Israel propped himself up in his chariot in front of the Arameans until the evening; and at sunset he died. Then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.. Why did you not tell me that she was your wife? When the servants of David came to Abigail at Carmel, they spoke to her, saying, "David has sent us to you to take you as his wife." And David also girded on his sword, and about four hundred men went up behind David while two hundred stayed with the baggage. He said, "Throw her down." So David arose and crossed over, he and the six hundred men who were with him, to Achish the son of Maoch, king of Gath. By me kings reign,And rulers decree justice. "I will shoot three arrows to the side, as though I shot at a target. Why should I put you to death?'" And the LORD said, 'These have no master. "But they forgot the LORD their God, so He sold them into the hand of Sisera, captain of the army of Hazor, and into the hand of the Philistines and into the hand of the king of Moab, and they fought against them. When she came to the man of God to the hill, she caught hold of his feet. Then the king sent, and they gathered to him all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem. So Israel has been in rebellion against the house of David to this day. Now the weight of gold which came in to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold, besides that from the traders and the wares of the merchants and all the kings of the Arabs and the governors of the country. Therefore now, send and bring him to me, for he must surely die." "Now it was in the heart of my father David to build a house for the name of the LORD, the God of Israel. So Jehoshaphat grew greater and greater, and he built fortresses and store cities in Judah. All the articles of the house of God, great and small, and the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king and of his officers, he brought them all to Babylon. Now it happened in the fifth year of King Rehoboam, that Shishak the king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem. Now the dread of the LORD was on all the kingdoms of the lands which were around Judah, so that they did not make war against Jehoshaphat. Then David said to himself, "Now I will perish one day by the hand of Saul. Now this was the reason why he rebelled against the king: Solomon built the Millo, and closed up the breach of the city of his father David. So the king did not listen to the people; for it was a turn of events from the LORD, that He might establish His word, which the LORD spoke through Ahijah the Shilonite to Jeroboam the son of Nebat. So the king did not listen to the people, for it was a turn of events from God that the LORD might establish His word, which He spoke through Ahijah the Shilonite to Jeroboam the son of Nebat. And she said, "Do you come peacefully?" He did away with the horses which the kings of Judah had given to the sun, at the entrance of the house of the LORD, by the chamber of Nathan-melech the official, which was in the precincts; and he burned the chariots of the sun with fire. A chariot was imported from Egypt for 600 shekels of silver, and a horse for 150; and by the same means they exported them to all the kings of the Hittites and to the kings of the Arameans.