A Office 365 account is used for activating Office, not to logon to Windows. If you fill in a email address that is connected to a personal account as well as a work/school account, it will ask for what account you want to log in. The email or username you entered does not exist. A few months ago I created this account and now it says that it doesn't exist. Otherwise, choose another username. Date: April 2, 2021Tags: Microsoft Account. The error message isnt complete, wed like to see better explanations like this: It looks like theres already a work/school Microsoft account, It looks like theres already a personal Microsoft account. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps: prevents you from accessing any Microsoft service, deleted your Microsoft account permanently, Fix Error Code 135011: Your Organization has Disabled This Device, Cant Remove a Device From Microsoft Account: 4 Fixes. I cannot install software on my own #$$$%$# computer, because of MICROSOFT. One easy way to fix this issue is to use the correct account type while logging in. Head over to Accounts, then Email & accounts. In my case, I thought my Azure Active Directory account from my new company was a Microsoft Account when its actually just a workplace account. What can a lawyer do if the client wants him to be acquitted of everything despite serious evidence? Create one! Thats it for this blog; thank you for taking your time to read our content. It says my account doesn't exist, WHILE I AM LOGGED INTO IT. Everyday Backups - protecting your documents, photos and personal info, Solving Theres already an account Microsoft login problem, Deleting Microsoft accounts gets man two years jail, Rainbow gradient or effect in Office, Word or PowerPoint, Make a transparent shape to mask a photo in Word, PowerPoint and more, Transparency Color problem and fix for Microsoft Office, Beware OneNote .one files as virus carriers. Do you need it? Now, if your account is still active and no restrictions have been placed on it, you should be able to log in successfully. If this situation arises, use the primary User ID instead of the additional address. TIP: You can still get country-specific Outlook Email IDs like @outlook.in, etc. You can use Office Online apps at https://office.com. Request a security code to be sent to the phone number or email you used. In a world where businesses are embracing technology more than ever, it's essential you understand the tech you're using. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. If no Office version is shown, you dont have an Office license assigned to the account you are signed in with. Copyright Windows Report 2023. Clear browser cached data on Microsoft Edge. No. Is it okay to purchase Microsoft Office using an account previously used to sign in to a pirated version? The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Many are left puzzled and wondering about the meaning of the user does not exist error: why does it say my email doesnt exist or why is my Microsoft account not recognised? Enter a different account or get a new one" when opening outlook through Power Automate. When I try to sign in https://login.live.com I get "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. I am not using Outlook anymoreOn Mac the Search function also was not working. From there, click on the launcher followed by Admin., Now click on Azure Active directory you may need to click on Show all.. Instruction to join Azure AD after Windows is already installed are at, Windows 10 doesn't recognize a Microsoft account, docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/, How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability. That said, if you get a message saying that the Email address is removed for privacy, then you may have an issue with your account, and contacting Microsoft is the only option. That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Hi so i restarted my HP laptop and i'm setting it up. Hopefully this will help somebody at a future time. To resolve this, log in using the details of the new account. I reinstalled the computer, created a local user named "admin", and now, from that account, I'm trying to add another account by going to Settings -> Family & other people -> Add someone else to this PC, where I enter the Office 365 email address as the email address of new user, only to be greeted by this: It looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Maybe this helps. I have the same problem. We were able to add the account under Accounts used by other apps but not as another user of the local machine (error as above), so we could not login as that person. What is so difficult that Microsoft doesn't recognise a valid account? If you are signed in with your Work or School account, and dont have a license assigned, contact your Microsoft 365 Administrator to get a license assigned. Enter a different account orget a new one. Why do small African island nations perform better than African continental nations, considering democracy and human development? I am in a new position at my job and I need this in order to begin working immediately. While it may look as if the account is incorrect, but there can be other reasons. Enter the email address, phone number, or Skype name you use to sign in then selectNext. Do heed the warning, though, that it may delete data (at least on this PC/profile) for the @harsh.com .com account. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps: Double-check to ascertain the correctness of every input, Attempt logging in with the primary Microsoft ID, Send a test E-mail to the supposed user ID, Do not use an account name from another type of account, Recover your account by requesting a password reset, Xbox App Wont Let me Sign in: How to Fix it, Brother Printer Paper Jam: How to Easily Clear It, Fix Missing Dll Files in Windows 10 & Learn what Causes that. What Is the Difference Between 'Man' And 'Son of Man' in Num 23:19? A Gamertag is meant to serve as an identity only on Xbox. Choose from the options provided on why you need a password reset, then click Next."},"image":{"@type":"ImageObject","url":"https://cdn.windowsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Reset-Microsoft-Account-Password-Online.png","width":600,"height":372}},{"@type":"HowToStep","url":"https://windowsreport.com/fix-user-id-does-not-exist/#rm-how-to-block_63b3ee5553db8-","itemListElement":{"@type":"HowToDirection","text":"3. The initial step is to make sure that your Username and ID actually exist. I'm setting up a computer and the main user is going to log in using Microsoft credentials (it's an Office 365 account). In this article, we'll explore the differences between Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Accounts. Explore subscription benefits, browse training courses, learn how to secure your device, and more. Copyright Windows Report 2023. I then signed OUT my personal account and it signed me in with my work account. Ascertaining the status of an account is the first thing that should be done, especially if the account has not been used in a long time (more than 1 year). Position: Columnist She was graduated from the major in English. Are there tables of wastage rates for different fruit and veg? With the advent of a business choosing to more communications bases online, it helps to improve security and manage devices on the network. In this case, I would like to suggest you to log into Office.com with the corresponding account by using browser, and check if it can be accessed correctly. Tip:This option won't work if you don't have security info set up on your account or if you can no longer access that security info. That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Dont know if that is the work around..but something clicked for me to get by it didnt recognize me. Suppose you are in a situation where you receive the error of your account not existing when you know your account exists. So frustrating. All Microsoft accounts are either work/school or personal. If so, please select work or school account and . Select your name and profile picture or icon at the top. Move on to the next step:Step 2: Check products or services where you used your Microsoft account. A Microsoft account reset will most times be required but before that, check to ensure that Caps Lock is off because passwords are generally case-sensitive. I then tried my email and the system worked. I DO NOT WANT MY WORK LINKED TO HOME. Click Settings and more, illustrated by three dots. If the user ID you entered does not exist anymore, you might also be trying to use it for the wrong type of account, so we advise extra caution. For example, trying to use a personal login for a business-only service. The moment I removed the personal account from her profile, her login (with a work account, @workdomain.com) worked; error gone. I'm just trying to play some minecraft. How To Clear The Cache In Edge (Windows, macOS, iOS, & Android). Here are some of the most common issues reported by users: This article outlines a few steps that the reader should follow to fix this error. when I try to put my email account into authenticator it says "That Microsoft Account doesn't exist." but it does, why is it saying that. Enter a different account or get a new one. Select the Time range (Id suggest you choose All time). Hi, I am trying to register for AZ-900 exam. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Aliases are also to be avoided if you want to get to the bottom of things. Also, attempting to sign in to Xbox or the Microsoft account website with a user ID supplied associated with a users school or work may not work. Type the requested information and select Send code. Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community. Time-saving software and hardware expertise that helps 200M users yearly. I cannot install software on my own #$$$%$# computer, because of MICROSOFT. I've had this Minecraft account for a very long time, but for some strange reason it doesn't work. Choose the account you want to sign in with. Explore subscription benefits, browse training courses, learn how to secure your device, and more. Make sure that account details are correctly spelled and that the appropriate characters are used before hitting sign-in. Enter a different account or get a new one ." I use a different new account to sign in Microsoft. GC. It only takes a minute to sign up. Ensure that your Username and ID actually exist. Well, cached data stores all previous elements of data preventing access again. In that case, it could mean issues with the account network or security prompts that restrict access to your account that has been assigned with this error code by Microsoft. Could you please list in your post the exact steps that were done regarding user accounts, and what was done for passing from local to Microsoft account. In this guide, we will show you the possible causes and potential solutions to this issue. Anyway, the shortcut to making a local login is to use Shift-F10 to get to the command prompt and there issue an ipconfig /release which will disconnect the device from the network. Windows 10 comes with a feature that allows you to do a factory reset losing all files. Ashish holds a Bachelor's in Computer Engineering and is a veteran Windows and Xbox user. Now, if you log back into your account, assuming its still there without any restrictions imposed, you should be able to log in to your account successfully. VERY frustrating to a sysadmin who needs to set up machines for employees that aren't on premises to give me passwords and 2FA codes received on their cell phones. It keeps happening. There are various factors that can cause the Microsoft account doesnt exist issue. After entering the unique code, you will be able to create a new password and sign in. Microsoft will permanently delete any account which has not been active for the past 2 years. Windows 11 how to upgrade. Deleting Microsoft accounts gets man two years jailStrengthen your Microsoft account. It then asked me to create a password so I backed out thinking it wouldnt work. I used that email account to create this post. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. You can connect with Saajid on Linkedin. Restart the device, and install from https://portal.office.com/account to get the correct version. Clear the cached data to refresh the login portal using the below steps. Whats the grammar of "For those whose stories they are"? When I sign in with Mojang it says that I have migrated my Mojang account over to microsoft, but when I try to sign in through microsoft it says my account doesn't exist. Once the steps above have been applied, you will have successfully cleared the cached data in your Chrome browser; when you delete the cached data in Chrome, you subjectively remove any unnecessary scripts and start from a clean slate. Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. If you have an account from Microsoft, you may encounter specific errors that can cause potential issues with your workflow. If the username lookup wasn't successful, for example you hadn't set up or no longer have access to your security contact information, try looking for your Microsoft account username within other products or services that you know are associated withthat account. On Your Dashboard, click on click Schedule next exam button to select your exam. We needed to join to the domain, first. How to use Mac screen sharing for computer help, Dictate speech to text on OneNote for Mac, Check out the new look Microsoft Office on an iPhone, Two ways to switch between Letter and A4 paper sizes in Microsoft Word, Ctrl + Enter shortcut in Outlook for Windows, Citation and Bibliography tools beyond Word, A simple check for Plus addressing with your email address, Make and customize your own tab on Office Ribbon, Make the Office ribbon suit you not Microsoft, How to get the Developer Tab in Office apps. I think that's the core of the confusion. We hired a new employee and I CANNOT ADD THE EMPLOYEE LOGIN TO THE HOSTS!?!? To check what version of Windows you have installed, go to Start > Settings (gear icon) > System > About, and check the System type. Assuming the typing is correct, and the email address is for a current Microsoft account, why is the error appearing? These login loops can happen in software or on Microsofts web site in many different locations. If by any chance, the email address in question has been swapped with a new one, the original email address then becomes an Alias. If you are getting the Microsoft account doesn't exist prompt while trying to sign into your account, it might be because you entered the wrong name. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Sign In. Should you upgrade? If you don't have one, you can create here. From there, check to see if your device is enabled. We only have 5 hosts so a domain seemed overkill. After registering successfully, you will be able to fill out the form for the account that needs to be fixed. If there is no doubt as to using the right details and sign in remains impossible, then a reset is what should come next. You may be mistyping the email address. Microsoft Outlook allows you to create an alias for your email account. Microsoft Edge is another popular browser that many users use when they have a Windows computer. Enter a different account or get a new one". 03-22-2022 03:50 PM. It says my account does not exist. Earlier today, that same email address was used to log into that same machine, but with no local admin account present at that point. Note: Before requesting a password reset,…","totalTime":"PTM","tool":[]}. For email accounts, it should be within 365 days. Alias account; Mistyped Email address; Deleted account; 1] The person is logging in using an Alias. If you're using Office 365 Business or Enterprise, those revolve around Azure AD accounts, often called organisational accounts or "Work or School account" in prompts. In case the account has security information, you will receive a one-time code on the associated alternate (additional) e-mail address or phone number from Microsoft. Trying to login to Microsoft can get into a strange loop being told theres already an account but then That Microsoft account doesnt exist. for the same address! The local account isn't looking to a server, if it is domain joined, and it's not looking to Azure Active Directory, if it's joined to a Microsoft 365 account. If yes, then in order to . Make sure that your email has the correct domain at the end: Try to log in using your old email address or phone number if they were changed, Click on the top left corner where it says, You can see your Microsoft account name under User information or in the.