Taylor Stahl Latham: Family (2) Spouse Andrew Major (16 June 2010 - present) (2 children) Parents Aaron Latham Lesley Stahl: Trivia (2) Daughter of writer-director Aaron Latham and TV journalist Lesley Stahl. Thursday, December 29 2022. She went on to become White House correspondent during the presidencies of Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush. As information about the coronavirus pandemic rapidly changes, PEOPLE is committed to providing the most recent data in our coverage. Producer: LOL. [2] Since 1991, she has reported for CBS's 60 Minutes. Latham, the only child of famous parents Aaron and Stahl, was born as mentioned. Stahl had been married to Jeffrey Gordon before getting married to the late Aaron. Then, until Aarons death from complications related to Parkinsons disease, they shared a home for 45 long years. During his career, he regularly contributed to publications such as Rolling Stone, Esquire, Talk, and The New York Times. The New York Times Bestseller From one of the country's most recognizable journalists, Lesley Stahl of CBS's 60 Minutes: How becoming a grandmother transforms a woman's life. Taylor Stahl Latham the producer of Servant, leads a very secluded and discreetly opulent life away from the spotlight, as weve already discussed. Stahl, Lesley. Latham wrote in Texas Monthly in 2000 that every time [his father] had a winning season, we moved to a bigger place. The Lathams spent time in Spur, Munday, De Leon, and Abilene. She was born on August 13, 1977, in New York City, New York, USA, into this materialistic world. Taylor and Andrew Major co-owns a clothing company that they run as a family enterprise. The Urban Cowboy writer, who was married to CBS News' Lesley Stahl since 1977, died Saturday at Bryn Mawr Hospital in Pennsylvania, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Taylor has an estimated net worth of $1 million from her career running a clothing line. Aaron Latham is the journalist who inspired the story of Urban Cowboy. Thus, I was sent out to cover the arrest of some men who had broken into one of the buildings in the Watergate complex. Taylor began her career at CBS News as a producer in 1971. Lesley began reporting for CBSs 60 Minutes in 1991. Suggest an edit or add missing . Taylor Stahl Latham is an American celebrity and media personality popularly renowned as the daughter of journalist and writer Lesley Stahl, and late news. According to his Facebook page, Latham graduated from Catalina High School in Tucson, Arizona, in 1962. Born in the late 1970s, Taylor grew up in her hometown of New York, New York. "[16], Stahl was the moderator of Face the Nation between September 1983 and May 1991. Taylor is happily married to Andrew Major. The couple tied the knot in 1977 and has one daughter together. Donald Trumpgave some insight to what his presidency will be like, in an extensive interview with Lesley Stahl on 60 Minuteslast night. How old is Taylor? The lovely couple wed on July 21, 2007, and they have two children. Stahl was the mentor of CBS news producer Susan Zirinsky. She is 80 years old as of 2022. The piece explained that each exercise targets a symptom of the disease; punching can steady the tremors and sparring helps with coordination. Correspondent Lesley Stahl and her husband, Aaron Latham, who has Parkinson's, visit the Rock Steady Boxing program to see the promising results. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. My mother was a schoolteacher, and she always wanted to be a writer herself. Prior to joining 60 Minutes, Stahl worked as a CBS News White House correspondent, becoming the first woman to do so during the Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan administrations. Though, details concerning when and where they held their wedding ceremony are presently under consideration. In addition, there have been no arguments or rumors within the couple during their more than fifteen years of cohabitation. Besides, Lesley serves as a correspondent at CBS News and 60 Minutes while Aaron is an American correspondent and author who wrote the article that inspired the movie Urban Cowboy. In these anxious days, some Americans have turned for salvation to God, others have turned to fad prophets, but more and more people are turning to the cowboy hat. Her reports showed up much of the time on the CBS Evening News, first with Walter Cronkite, then with Dan Rather, and on other CBS News communicates. Despite her dominance in the media as a celebrity daughter, she is pretty private and lives a low-key lifestyle. According to this code, a cowboy is independent, self-reliant, brave, strong, direct, and open. 1990 - The Dennis Kauff Journalism Award for lifetime achievement in the news profession. In 2014, she served as a correspondent for Years of Living Dangerously, a documentary show about climate change. TaylorStahl Latham spent most of her childhood being cared for by a nanny, while her mother was making a name for herself as one of the few successful female reporters. Stahl is the better-known spouse because of her decades spent in front of a camera. The article drew Hollywoods attention. Lesley Stahl and husband Aaron Latham in 2012. It was a "history lesson" talking with Latham about the real life people who inspired the now beloved motion picture "Urban Cowboy". "Everything up till then was prenatal. Taylor is the daughter of Aaron Latham and Lesley Stahl. After being friends for two years, the two began dating, and Majors proposed to her in 2006. They tied the knot in 1977 and welcomed a daughter, Taylor Stahl Latham. Latham grew up in a Methodist family in Dickens County in West Texas near Lubbock. He is the son of Annie Launa (Cozby) and Cecil Clyde Latham. . However, some rumors claim that her two children are presently pursuing their educations and relishing childhood. Lesley has also written two books titled, Becoming grandma: the joys and science of the new grandparenting (2016), and Reporting Live (1999). Taylor Stahl was born in the United States and raised there by her parents. A few years after Urban Cowboy came out, Latham teamed up with Travolta and Bridges again for the 1985 movie Perfect. Lathams boxing was also featured in a 2015 episode of CBS Sunday Morning. Jeff [Stahl's brother] stayed behind with him. Anyone younger was barred from contact with the gorillas to protect them from human childhood diseases. He was hospitalized at Bryn Mawr Hospital in Pennsylvania at the time of his death. In the September 2000 feature for Texas Monthly, Latham explained what happened after his injury and how it was his mother who had a greater influence on his chosen career path: Off the field, though, I always loved English. Taylor Stahl Latham runs a fashion store with her family. Besides, she has not disclosed the date and month she was born. RIP journalist and screenwriter Aaron Latham, and deepest condolences to his beloved wife Leslie Stahl and their family. Aaron Latham is also a famous journalist best known as the writer of Urban Cowboy Movie alongside Director James Bridges. Taylor Stahl Latham Age and Birthday Besides, the two own a clothing company which they bought from Taylor Stahls parents. "[12] Stahl credits her CBS News hire to the Federal Communications Commission's 1972 inclusion of women in its affirmative action mandate: "the television networks were scouring the country for women and blacks with any news experience at all. Her mother Lesley is a news reporter working for CBS News in New York City. From 1990 to 1991, she was co-host with Charles Kuralt of America Tonight, an everyday CBS News late-night broadcast of interviews and papers. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Since graduating from Northern Arizona University with a dual major in journalism and photography, he got his professional start at OUT Magazine, The Advocate and Teen Vogue, and he's since consistently kept his finger on the pulse of the LGBTQ community. [4] During much of that time, she also served as moderator of Face the Nation, CBS News' Sunday public affairs broadcast from September 1983 to May 1991. Latham started working for Esquire magazine as an editor in the early 1970s. Taylor Stahl Latham Biography and Wiki. Taylor Stahl Latham is widely known to be the daughter of the journalists Lesley Stahl and Aaron Latham. She stands at an average height and stature. Latham wrote at the beginning of the piece how Gilleys provided a sense of nostalgia for regulars: As the country grows more and more complex, it seems to need simpler and simpler values: something like the Cowboy Code. "[14] Stahl reflected in an interview on her early days at CBS how, on the night of the '72 Nixon-McGovern election returns, she found her on-air studio chair marked with masking tape, not with her name as with her colleagues, but with "Female". [23][24][25] On October 22, Trump released the full interview on Facebook,[26] ahead of its planned official release on 60 Minutes on October 25. Stahl and Latham tied the knot in a low-key wedding, shortly after they found out that Stahl was pregnant. "Non, madame. Moving on to her marital entanglements, the famed celebrity is happily married to her loving husband, Andrew Major. Taylor is currently married to her husband Andrew Major. On a terrible note, Jeffrey and Stahls divorce was finalized in 1967. Americans adore her slender body. Stahl also recounted first meeting her husband as they both reported on the Watergate scandal in 1972, when Latham wrote for New York Magazine. RELATED VIDEO: Paul Sorvino, Prolific Goodfellas Actor and Tony Nominee, Dead at 83, "I said, 'My God, I'd better turn on the TV to see what this person looks like,'" he recounted, adding that he "was terrified. 1981 assassination attempt on President Reagan, Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Silver Baton, The Radio Television Digital News Association's Paul White Award, "President Donald Trump: The 60 Minutes 2020 Election Interview", "CBS Anchor Lesley Stahl and Writer Aaron Latham Have a Mixed-Media Marriage", "Louis E. Stahl, Executive and Philanthropist, 80", "Katie Couric Learns What Happens When Great Expectations Go Unmet New York Magazine", "TV Guide Reports on TV Star Salary Ranges Today's News: Our Take", "Trump Taunts Lesley Stahl of '60 Minutes' After Cutting Off Interview", "Trump ends '60 Minutes' interview, attacks Lesley Stahl on Twitter", "Trump abruptly ends '60 Minutes' interview, taunts CBS' Lesley Stahl", "Inside the 60 Minutes report on transgender health care issues", "Laverne Cox condemns 'fundamentally dehumanising' anti-trans 60 Minutes segment", "Lesley Stahl | September 29, 2005 14:30:28", "CBS News' Lesley Stahl recovers from Covid-19", "2009 Annual Report of the Council on Foreign Relations", "Board | youth community | service award | Jefferson Awards.org", "Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement", "Lesley Stahl of CBS to deliver commencement address", The Interviews: An Oral History of Television, George W. Bush military service controversy, List of daily evening American network TV news programs, List of longest-running American television series, List of longest-running American primetime television series, List of most watched television interviews, Top-rated United States television programs by season, TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lesley_Stahl&oldid=1142000011, Pages using infobox person with multiple credits, Pages using infobox person with multiple spouses, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0. Stahl documented she and Lathams experiences as grandparents in her book, Becoming Grandma: The Joys and Science of the New Grandparenting. Her parents are (mother) Lesley Stahl and (father) Aaron Latham. The Ballad of the Urban Cowboy is my idea of a perfect magazine story, with its reporting and big ideas and its ability to capture an awesomely Texan moment in time. Stahl is the only child and daughter of her mother Lesley Latham. They were once regarded as one of the cutest couples in the American entertainment business. Her mother was also known for her news and television investigations, and award-winning foreign reporting. Since then, Latham and her mother Stahl have consistently appeared depressed and broken. As a mediator, she interviewed such different world pioneers as Margaret Thatcher, Boris Yeltsin, and Yasser Arafat, among others. The business idea stems from Stahl Latham's and her husband's love for wine. It seems the virus accelerated his Parkinson's," Stahl added. I was the only television reporter covering the early court appearances. Login; News; FACT CHECK: Dave Ramsey Made a Statement About America Online, FACT CHECK: CIA Director Gina Haspel Found Dead, FACT CHECK: Kwik Trip Launches Kwik Strip Gentlemens Clubs. [28] PinkNews reported advocacy group GLAAD as calling it "fearmongering about trans youth", while also reporting that Chase Strangio of the ACLU said that Stahl and others involved with the production "knew exactly the harm they were causing with last night's segment".[29]. Latham ended up writing the screenplay, along with co-writer James Bridges, for a feature film. Sarkozy criticized Stahl for questions regarding his wife, Cecilia. Taylor Stahl Latham Age and Birthday Stahl Latham was born in 1978, She is around 43 years of age. Ashburn FamilySearch Center Our purpose is to help you discover, gather, and connect your family by providing one-on-one assistance and internet access to specialized genealogical records and websites. Stahl Latham and her husband Andrew tied their wedding knot in an official wedding ceremony attended by close family and friend members. When I went to reciprocate, the guide hit my arm with a stick. In 1973, they were both reporting on the Watergate scandal; Stahl was working for CBS News in Washington at the time. Lesley Stahl is a highly regarded and experienced television journalist in the United States. Her dad was an American journalist and screenwriter famously recognized for the films Urban Cowboy (1980) and Perfect (1985). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Latham and Stahls love story would have seemed very unlikely based on their first phone call. Your login session has expired. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Unfortunately, he passed away on July 23, 2022, at the age of 78. He contributed to publications like Rolling Stone, Esquire, Talk, and The New York Times. I spoke to Lesley last week and she said he took a turn for worse after contracting COVID in 2020. READ MORE: Katie Benner Wiki, Age, Wedding, Husband, Ethnicity, New York Times, Family, Parents, Salary, and Net Worth. Hence, this section is still under review and we will update this as soon as we get clear data. Speaking about their first date, Latham revealed that he did not have to worry about whether he could talk or not since he did not get the chance. Her details concerning her educational background are presently unavailable. His next move was to Massachusetts, where he attended Amherst College and was part of the 1966 graduating class. The pair spoke about their first meeting in 1977 stating that Latham first saw Stahl on the news and they met in person. Taylor Stahl Latham, daughter of Lesley Stahl, is an American known in the media scenes only as Lesley Stahl's only daughter. She began her career as a producer at CBS in 1971. Latham kept detailed journals while making the movie, which he later donated to the Harry Ransom Center at the University of Texas at Austin. Taylor Stahl Latham is the vice-president of Double Feature Films, but that didnt stop her from expanding into the field of business. [1] He was raised in a Methodist family, the son of Annie Launa (Cozby) and Cecil Clyde Latham. [10], Stahl began her television broadcasting career at Boston's original Channel 5, WHDH-TV, as a producer and on-air reporter. Her birthday details have not yet been made public. Source: Vimbuzz.com. January 24, 2023 Dana Blumberg Bio-Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, Katherine Clark Scarborough (Joe Scarboroughs) Bio, Age, Net Worth. Tony Gilroy Isn't Taking Credit For Star Wars Deep Cuts In Andor She has since recovered. According to Brain & Life magazine, Latham began exhibiting symptoms in 2007 and suffered a few falls before he received the diagnosis. [15], Stahl's prominence grew after she covered Watergate. He was tasked with writing about a honky-tonk nightclub in Houston called Gilleys. Her mother is best known for her information and television investigations as well as award-winning unfamiliar broadcasting. We spent one hour in their world, watching them tumble and wrestle, nurse their babies, swing in the trees, forage for foodvines, leaves, berries so close that a female reached out to touch me. Taylor Stahl Latham was born to Lesley Stahl and Aaron Latham. Latham was buried in his hometown of Spur, Texas. (Some outlets are reporting he wrote the piece that inspired Urban Cowboy for TM. Nearly one million Americans are affected by Parkinson's disease, for which there is no cure. Her father, Aaron, is a journalist from the United States who wrote the article that inspired the film Urban Cowboy. Taylor Stahl Latham, the sole child of Lesley Stahl, is the only American lady who is entirely known in the public as such. Advertisements How old is Taylor Stahl Latham?- Age She is 44 years old as of 2022. The couple couldnt find itemsrelated to their theme, so created their own wine-themed logo and gifts for the guests! The parents of Taylor Stahl Latham began their romantic relationship as lovers. His dad was a journalist and screenwriter known for the films Urban Cowboy (1980) and Perfect (1985). asked the head of the Mountain Gorilla Project, pointing to 12-year-old Taylor [Stahl's daughter] and ten-year-old Matthew [Stahl's nephew]. "I was born on my 30th birthday. She has spent most of her career with CBS News, where she began as a producer in 1971. She then graduated from Amherst College. Her father Aaron Latham is a journalist who wrote the posting that [] Email: June 1972. Please logout and login again. Throughout her 50-year career in journalism, Stahl has covered such iconic moments in United States history as the Watergate scandal in 1972, the impeachment hearings of President Nixon in 1974, the 1981 assassination attempt on President Reagan and the 1991 Gulf War. During that time, she served as a mediator of Face the Nation from September 1983 to May 1991. Hence, this part is under review and we will update this as soon as we get clear data. When I was little, I wrote stories in the form of cartoons. She also has stunning brown eyes and blonde hair, making her one of the fashion icons. '", Latham said of their first date: "I found out I didn't have to worry about whether or not I could talk, because I never got the chance. There is no information available regarding where she went to school or any educational background. The 40-year-old has a wonderful family, and a successful career. She is 80 years old as of 2022. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. How Old Is Taylor Stahl Latham? The couple tied the knot in 1977 and they shared daughter Taylor Stahl Latham, 44. At the age of 78, while receiving treatment, he passed away, leaving her family and supporters inconsolable. He lost the fight against the fatal illness because Covid-19 had also been discovered to have a negative impact on his immune system. As previously mentioned, Dr. Death producer Latham prefers to lead a quiet life. The news anchor was born on December 16, 1941, as Lesley Rene Stahl in Lynn, Massachusetts. If you want to talk, call me tomorrow at the office, before hanging up. This means she is 44 years of age as of 2022. She was born and raised in the United States under the loving care of her mother Lesley Stahl and her father Aaron Latham. I had the Korean scandal, which meant stakeouts on my feet. Despite the hardships, Stahl says that keeping her child was the best decision she had ever made. Stahl explained to People that she and Lathams relationship morphed into something more in 1974. Lesly is a successfully kown journalist doing the job for CBS Information 60 minutes as a number and author. He did his schooling at Catalina High School in Tucson, Arizona, US and enrolled at Princeton University, New Jersey. We were right there, in their lives, in the middle of their open-air house. Taylor Stahl Latham Biography and Wiki. Sarkozy and his wife announced their divorce two weeks after the interview. Stahl is of American nationality and citizenship. Mickey Gilley, Country Singer Who Inspired Urban Cowboy, Dead at 86, '60 Minute' 's Lesley Stahl Opens Up About Battling COVID-19 with Her Husband, Grant Wahl's Wife, Dr. Cline Gounder, Says She's 'in Complete Shock' After His Death, The Inimitable Art of Lesley Stahl: Inside Her History-Making Career with '60 Minutes', Mira Sorvino Shares Family Photos from Late Dad Paul Sorvino's 'Perfect Memorial': 'Tears and Joy', Mira Sorvino Mourns Father Paul Nearly a Month After His Death: 'It Leaves You Unmoored', Rep. Maxine Waters Reveals Positive COVID-19 Diagnosis Days After Attending Summit of the Americas, 60 Minutes' Lesley Stahl Recovered from COVID-19 After Being Hospitalized: 'I Am Well Now', Trump Feuds with '60 Minutes' : He 'Cut Short' an Interview and Threatens to Release His Own Footage, Teen Saves 8-Year-Old Brother with CPR After He Goes Into Coronavirus-Related Cardiac Arrest, 30 Sickened by Coronavirus After Attending Minnesota Funeral: 'We Tried to Do Everything Right', Aaron Rodgers Confirms He Is Unvaccinated, Says He 'Didn't Lie' When He Said He Was 'Immunized', North Carolina Dog Dead from 'Acute Illness' Tests Positive for COVID-19, Health Officials Say. Taylor Latham. At the Republican Convention of 1980, she broke the news on CBS that Reagan's negotiations with ex-President Gerald Ford had broken down and the answer to the question of who would be vice-presidential nominee was: "It's Bush! Gerald Loeb Award for Network and Large-Market Television (1997, 19992000), Gerald Loeb Award for Other TV Markets (1997), Gerald Loeb Award for Television (20012002), Gerald Loeb Award for Television Long Form (20032004), Gerald Loeb Award for Television Short Form (20032004), Gerald Loeb Award for Television Deadline (20052006), Gerald Loeb Award for Television Enterprise (20062011), Gerald Loeb Award for Television Daily (20072008), Gerald Loeb Award for Television Breaking News (20092010), Donna Lee, "Facts Come First for Lady Reporter," Boston Herald American, November 26, 1976, p. 14, Anthony LaCamera, "Of People and Programs.".