January 2016 I recently heard of a senior U.S. prelate (denomination unknown) who regularly prays that his president may suffer a mild heart-attack not so severe as to threaten his life (or his capacity for conversion), but severe enough to require his permanent retirement from office. 1:20) as he did the man living with his fathers wife (1 Cor. Pray that the bride of Christ would be a haven for the oppressed, would show no favoritism toward the rich, and would be a voice for truth and justice in society. I sit in Christ at the right hand of God's throne, far above all principalities and powers, and every satanic spirit operating on earth and everywhere else ( Eph. Biggest Christian Prayer and Bible Website, Wickedness is evil, It is the act of deviating from true and pure laws and engaging in activities contrary to the will of God for mankind. April 2015 June 2016 also 12:5; 18:27; 35:10; 69:33; 72:4). My Father uprooted every evil tongue speaking against my glory in the name of Jesus. 1) Heavenly Father, I come before You today in the name of Jesus Christ. Wicked voices, you are all liars. Psalm 34:21. Strongmen and women standing against me and my open doors, fall down and die in the name of Jesus. May 2015 The problem we face in Psalm 109 is not restricted to this psalm, however. 48. For they speak against Thee wickedly, and Thine enemies take Thy name in vain. Father of light, disgrace every parade of darkness against the light of Nigeria in Jesus' name. For every wicked politician, leader, governor, authority, teacher, counselor or prince who is sowing injustice, we send destruction back onto you and your families in Jesus Name! Either the psalmist is self-deceived, a hypocrite or a liar. Ten minutes from the White House, our weekly meeting of 2,000 primarily young people prayed that God would . Who will protect me from the wicked? Like is there anything like an attack against the Church of God? 1:6ff. Lord God, you granted us the gift of life and sent your son Jesus Christ to watch over us. God, hear my voice. 4.2 Prayers against witchcraft. They withheld blessing, so blessings should be withheld from them (v. 17b). 3:8-10), so the very severity with which the psalmist spoke may have shocked some of the wicked into facing the seriousness of their sin and turning them to repentance. The Diocletianic or Great Persecution was the last and most severe persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire. That said, I would dissent from the wordiness of these prayers. 200 Derek Kidner, Psalms 1-72 (Downers Grove: Inter-Varsity Press, 1973), pp. 17:13). (NASB). If he has sinned, David asks God to deal with him accordingly: O Lord my God, if I have done this, if there is injustice in my hands, if I have rewarded evil to my friend, or have plundered him who without cause was my adversary, let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it; and let him trample my life down to the ground, and lay my glory in the dust (Ps. God in His mighty power intervened in the situation and cause the evil plots of Haman to backfire on him. 8:00AM EDT 10/21/2021 Larry Tomczak. July 2016 In so doing each individual was reminded of the seriousness of sin and the dire consequences which accompany it. Lord God, you hear our prayers for protection and hear our words as . Because ancient Israel did so, we must look very carefully at this passage to learn its message to us. I bind every spirit working against answers to my prayers in the name of Jesus. I wonder how many similar prayers are offered, from the rising of the sun to its setting, for a visitation of ill-health upon pope or president, prime minister or pastor? My Father, make me untouchable to the forces of the wicked in Jesus name. Bob is a pastor/teacher and elder at Community Bible Chapel in Richardson, Texas, and has contributed many of his Bible study series for use by the Foundation. Copyright PrayTellBlog.com Pray against Evil. His comments on the imprecatory psalms (pp. (NASB). Some have suggested that the person singled out in these verses is the leader of David's opposition. March 2015 David does not himself seek revenge, but he requests God to apply the principle of retribution to his foes. They are not to be compared with the self-complacency of the Pharisee, who prides himself on his superiority to the rest of the world, but with St Pauls assertions of conscious rectitude (Acts xx. Some have suggested that the person singled out in these verses is the leader of Davids opposition.193. Apparently as skinny as a shadow (v. 23), the psalmist also describes himself as one who is brushed aside as worthless, like a locust is shaken from a garment. Verses 6-13 concentrate on the consequences for sin which are sought both for the man and his family. I believe that Derek Kidner has best captured the essence of this evil by the title, The Character-Assassin.189. Do not let the false and hurting words touch me. Voices telling me its over for me, perish today in the name of Jesus. The psalmist who prayed for Gods justice for his enemies also petitioned God for His mercy and lovingkindness. As I was singing the second verse to "Jesus Paid it All" this morning the words jumped out at me to use in prayer against wicked leaders. Apostle Paul knew the activities of the wicked against the people of God hence he shed light through this bible scriptures. (May God in His power cause all the evil plots of the wicked against us to backfire upon them in Jesus name). When they were afflicted, he fasted and prayed for them (vv. David therefore pled with God to give men what they deserved. Let us look first to the God to whom these prayers were addressed and His Spirit who inspired them, and then to the text itself for His message to us. December 2018 Featured image: Antithesis Christi et Antichristi, c. 1490-1510. The accusers will finally be silenced when God reveals Himself as Davids defender. Loud evil voices telling my helpers bad things about me and chasing my helpers away from me, run mad and die in the name of Jesus. The Response to Justice (58:10-11) A. Now hear this, heads of the house of Jacob And rulers of the house of Israel, Who abhor justice And twist everything that is straight, Who build Zion with bloodshed And Jerusalem with violent injustice. Most of us know that we are not O.K. 26:2). You have set Your glory above the heavens! When the righteous increase, the people rejoice. 8. Let their men also be smitten to death, their young men struck down by the sword in battle. As 2 Chronicles 29:6 says: Our parents were unfaithful; they did evil in the eyes of the LORD our God and forsook him. January 2020 Justice was based on the principle of an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth (Exod. ACTS 23:12 - O' Lord my God, my Redeemer and Saviour, wherever the wicked ones will gather together in evil fasting, demonic prayer or under an oath, in order to destroy Jesus Sanctuary Ministries, I and my family members, let the Angels of the Lord bring confusion and destruction amongst them, in Jesus Name, Amen. He is saying, God things are so bad here right now because of this, will you enact vengeance upon them because of their wickedness.. April 2017 We may well wonder that it propagates at all.199. February 2015 Deut. and wait expectantly. July 2015 6:9-10). 15 Let them be before the LORD continually, That He may cut off their memory from the earth; 16 Because he did not remember to show lovingkindness, But persecuted the afflicted and needy man, And the despondent in heart, to put them to death. May 2016 He was thereby relieved of his hostility by committing the destiny of the wicked to God. I pray that You will break the power of these evil people over my life, and I ask that You would protect me from their attacks on my life. Level it to the ground!. The God who is the object of his praise (v. 1; cf. The person who sins will die. Imprecations, as we shall later point out, are also to be found in the New Testament. 6 Appoint a wicked man over him; And let an accuser stand at his right hand. . 2:30-32). While he is not entirely free from sin, he is right with God by His grace, and he is righteous with regard to the charges of his opponents. 21:13; cf. Oh Lord, scatter every gathering of the wicked working against my progress in Jesus name. I pray your hedge of protection around __________. Non-confidence votes, impeachment hearings, recall votes, and the like, have their place in the attempt to remove wicked leaders, but efforts should be focused on prayera divinely-sanctioned means of imploring divine providence. 5:10) and the unsaved (Rev. Proverbs 28:15. Then the kings wrath subsided. As you read through the Psalms you will find that many of them call for judgement on those the psalmist considered enemies. 50. God placed upon His Son the punishment which David petitioned God to bring upon his enemies. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. . 69:27-28). Don't Be Discouraged October 2016 God commanded the Israelites to destroy all the Canaanites, including their children (Deut. We want to think that God hates the sin, but He loves the sinner. 3ff. In today's article, we shall be engaging in warfare prayers against church attacks. The arrogant cannot stand. Pray and come against demons whose targets and assignment are the leaders of the body, their spouses, marriages and families; declare that they shall not prosper, in Jesus name. 2:5-11). I am (Put your name) I am a child of God totally engraced, uncommonly favored, and lifted up. To some the beauty of Psalm 139 is shattered by these words: O that Thou wouldst slay the wicked, O God; depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed. The Jewish religious system had set aside this law, replacing the truth with their own traditions. vs. 8 "Do not grand the wicked their desires, Lord; Do not let their plans succeed." That's Not In The Bible 12:20). Lord, arise in your power and dishonour every wicked power in my life in Jesus name. July 2022 July 2018 Judgment is one theme, one aspect of Gods dealings with men, but not the whole. 7 When he is judged, let him come forth guilty; And let his prayer become sin. April 2018 He will not judge you for telling Him how you feel. The Old Testament is not contrary to the New, but it is inferior to it. Perowne, I, p. 64. First, the psalmist is committing the wicked to Gods judgment, not mans. They can be the activities of family witches and wizards or strongmen and women. Jezebel was the wife of a king in the Bible named Ahab, Jezebel exhibited her wickedness by strategically planning and carrying out the execution of a man named Naboth of a city Jezreel. This same principle was expressed in the Book of Proverbs: The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked, but He blesses the dwelling of the righteous (Prov. For the scepter of wickedness shall not rest upon the land of the righteous. 5:7; James 2:13). Saul deserved everything for which David prayed. 20:16-18; Josh. The inference seems to be that they have chosen to interpret Davids suffering as the evidence of his sin, just as Jobs friends reasoned about his condition. Acts 1:20). When the righteous increase, the people rejoice,But when a wicked man rules, people groan. The imprecation was based upon the promises of God and upon the evil practices of those who opposed David. We should pray that God will make them powerless, remove them from office, and prevent them from gaining access to power. 52:1; 1 Sam. It is true, I suspect, that Perowne is correct when he writes, In the awfulness of its anathemas, the Psalm [109] surpasses everything of the kind in the Old Testament.196 Because of its fierceness, some scholars such as Kittel have gone so far as to speak of this psalm as containing utterly repulsive maledictions inspired by the wildest form of vengeance, which make this one of the most questionable hymns of cursing.197 Kittel therefore ascribes all of the psalm to carnal passion that is utterly inexcusable.198. 16, cf. Wicked voices from ones foundation can be the fault of ancestors. I give God all the glory for making me triumph, in the name of Jesus. You alone are God, You alone are worthy of our adoration, affection, and allegiance. ; 15:15ff. Do not let their false and hurting words of them touch me. Give us rest from evil taskmasters and against evil princes that oppress Your people. It is the word, incidentally, from which Satan derives his title and name, since he presses the case against the righteous with relish and with every artifice (cf. A brief word should be said about the identity of the wicked. In response to the rebellion of Korah, God destroyed Korah, Dathan and Abiram, along with their wives, their children, their cattle, and their possessions (Num. Jon. But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them, for the light makes everything visible. Five hundred years ago, with a candour that might surprise us, Cardinal Cajetan asked how the members of the church might lawfully go about removing a hypothetically wicked pope (the pope at the time was Julius II, il papa terribile; his predecessor was a Borgia and his successor a Medici). (NASB). Let us not leave these introductory verses without learning that those who would pray a prayer similar to Davids must be like Davidthey must be those who praise God (not just petition Him), and those who are right before God and men. We share the problems of others as prayer requests. Donald Jacobs is an ordained minister with the spiritual gift of teaching. 192 After surveying the possibilities for identifying the enemies referred to in the imprecatory psalms, Anderson has some excellent concluding remarks: None of these interpretations is completely satisfactory. Secondly, David may have wanted his readers to give more thought to the one behind all accusation, Satan.191 Since the Hebrew word rendered accuser is translated satan, Satans role may well be indicated. How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock (Ps. I offer the following work in progress: 1. I believe that in Davids case his enemies were Gods enemies whom God hated (cf. Demonic voices saying no to my success and lifting, die suddenly in the name of Jesus. In fact, when Paul instructs Christians not to take revenge (Rom. 16:5-8), and Saul (1 Sam. (9) While the prayers of David are severe, his personal actions toward his enemies was gracious and kind. O Lord, empower my prayer altar by fire. You are the Almighty God, and his power is no match for the might You provide. You are " sovereign over all kingdoms .". He has done good to his enemies, which they have repaid with evil. Biggest Christian Prayer and Bible Website, In a family where ancestors worshipped different idols and made promises to those idols, children from the lineage of those ancestors can grow up to face loud, wicked foundational voices and problems. The psalmist does not talk boringly about the details of his personal situation (like the proverbial person who inflicts the story of his operation on his friends); he does not turn introspectively to his own inner life. 28:15-68). Oh God, let the mercy upon the wicked expire and let them run out of grace in Jesus name. 35:12). Stream E219: A Prayer Against Wicked Leaders (Live From Cigars & Sermons) by The Doug Giles Podcast on desktop and mobile. A strongman is the controller of a group of spirits or the chief over a group of spirits, what the Bible calls "rulers of darkness of this world". So I decided to look at what the Bible says about removing wicked leaders if we feel that their actions are ungodly and against the teachings of Christ. For instance, the New Testament has much to say about judgment, justice and condemnation. Haman a very wicked man decided in his wicked mind to destroy a whole nation just because Mordecai, a Jew refused to bow down to him. 45 is corrupt selfish, greedy wicked and ruthless. 34:6; Num. Jezebel committed several wicked acts including her attempts to kill the prophet of God Elijah but Jezebel met with her destruction as predicted by the prophet of God. We have adopted the thinking summarized by the expression, Im O.K., Youre O.K. If you will pardon me for doing so, I could entitle Psalm 109, Im O.K., but Youre Not. Such was the conviction of the psalmist. Here's what I found. 193 The singular (over him &c.), which now takes the place of the plural, may be collective, the Psalmists enemies being regarded as a whole; or distributive, each one of the mass being singled out: but more probably it fastens upon the leader of the gang (v. 2) upon whom rests the real guilt. They are Gods servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. I n 1384 John Wycliffe wrote, "The Bible is for the Government of the People, by the People, and for the People" in . Let God arise in His anger and fight for me. The most plausible explanation is that David is moving from the general to the specific. Micah 7:3. Ours is not the first age to be painfully and undeniably aware that our leaders are not always shepherds after Gods own heart (Jer 3:15). October 2020 Psalm 109 is vastly different from a voodoo curse. They therefore deserve Gods retributive judgment. Who Is The Holy Spirit? Let us learn from the imprecatory psalms that a hard stand on sin is the best way to prevent sin. In addition, it warns that the consequences for sin fall on the house of the wicked, not just the individual. Godly men and women prayed to God about their enemies, and they specified (on the basis of Gods word) what they felt should happen to them.