LaMarcus Aldridge is one of the NBAs all-time great players. 2023 ESPN Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=674090812743125&ev=PageView&noscript=1"/>. Tucker (17) reacts after a play against the Boston Celtics during the third quarter of Game 5 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals series at FTX Arena in Miami on May 25, 2022. He is a superstar on his own terms, and he has helped him develop into one of the leagues best players. Kevin Durant's mom Wanda offers flirty message to P.J. Brooklyn leads the series two-games-to-one with Game 4 scheduled for Sunday in Milwaukee. They have kept in touch over the years and have even been known to exchange text messages during games. It keeps me strong. And . When a prospective freshman named Kevin Durant visited the Austin campus, however, Tucker felt his . The Milwaukee Bucks were led by Giannis Antekounmpos 40 points in the second half. Results reveal seven composites of closeness in interethnic friendship: disclosure, comfort, compatibility, reappraisal of the characters and other ethnic groups, support, similarity, and . Report: Kevin Durant's 'personal bodyguard' pushed P.J. Emailed daily. But Durants 48 points became the most in a game 7 in NBA postseason history. I know what I could do. They had a little exchange after Tucker practically tackled Durant, sending the Nets forward to the free-throw line. #ImDaRealMVP. The Suns are absolutely loaded, and have the second-best odds to win the NBA title at BetMGM. Tucker has been going after Durant on the defensive end all series long, and he has done well against Durant. It's like 'OK man, that was incredible, yu made that. They're very close friends and care so much for one another. And on March 24, 2007, Tucker was stunned when he was waived by the Raptors to open up a roster spot. During the third quarter of the game, P.J. 5990 S. Val Vista Dr.Chandler, AZ 85249Phone: 480-224-2100, Giannis Antetokounmpo And His Brothers: How Support From His Siblings Helped Shape His Success, LeBron James Absence Makes A Big Difference: Houston Rockets Vs Los Angeles Lakers. Tucker and Durant were engaged in a serious duel throughout the series. He replied saying nah, its the playoffs. Both players have mutual respect for each other, and they are friends off the court. P.J. At the time of his tweet, Durant had just 11 points on 4-of-16 shooting and 0-of-2 from 3-point range. He doesnt have a position. I knew I could play. Despite Tucker's solid defense, Durant still scored 32 points to go along with 11 rebounds. Tucker have been going head to head for years now, especially in the Playoffs. Author: The 34-year-old says it is important for him to share his story with young players, especially when they get frustrated or their egos get in the way. Is Luka Doncics Health At Risk? Over the last few months, more videos on YouTube showed PJ clearly loving going against KD and constantly pushing him around on the court. However, based on their interactions on social media and at public events, it appears that they are at least on good terms with one another. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM. It keeps me going. Durant will need to show up big again, as the Nets have already ruled out Kyrie Irving and James Harden is clearly not playing like himself as he has only scored 14 points combined in his two games back. Nobody wants to guard Kevin Durant. NBA Trade Rumors: Insider Believes Rift Between Anthony Davis and LeBron James Could Leave to DallasMavericksMove. It sounds crazy, but this is my dream. When Kevin Durant decided to join the Golden State Warriors in 2016, he spoke with Paul about his decision. However, since joining the NBA, the duo has faced each other on several big occasions. 5 hours ago - via Twitter JGrasso_ The eight-year veteran is relishing his role after a humbling start to his career. "He didn't do nothing wrong," Tucker told the website. "Im sorry that people seen that language I used. Tucker put everything he had into his battle with Brooklyn Nets superstar Kevin Durant. The Bucks beat the Nets to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals after two years, eliminating the biggest favorite to the title. Butting Heads with LeBron James & All the Other Times Kevin Durant Showed His Anger. KD might have put up a record-breaking 40+ points in Game 7 but Tucker made KD work for it. Market data provided by Factset. Game-Seven will air tomorrow, and there still is uncertainty whether Nets player Kyrie Irving will play. The conversation must have been light-hearted because Tucker said I love you to Kevins mom and she replied in the sweetest way possible showing that the Banter was all in good spirit. The game could've been a movie, the action on the sidelines a soap opera and the dialogue between Kevin Durant and his longtime friend P.J. PJ Tucker and Kevin Durant are both Texas Longhorns and apparently have a pretty good relationship, but that went out the window during Game 3 of the Milwaukee Bucks - Brooklyn Nets series . PJ told his mother that he is very happy with his current situation with the Houston Rockets. the belief in Brooklyn was that Simmons was set up for greatness playing alongside elite scorers Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. I was going to get paid a couple million [in Russia]. Tucker said he sees the NBA through a different lens now and truly appreciates every single game he plays. Fox News' Ryan Gaydos contributed to this report. Log into your account. Tucker in Brooklyn& Kevin Durant and PJ Tucker are alumni of the same college in Texas. After coming back from a 28-point deficit on Friday, Mikal Bridges feels that offense isn't the issue for the Nets. PJ Tucker is an American professional basketball player for the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association. The friendship between Tucker and Durant is a testament to the power of college basketball. Legal Statement. He is great friends - "brothers," in his words - with Nets star Kevin Durant, and adding a player of Tucker's ilk would provide a much-needed toughness and frontcourt floor spacing to a . It keeps me ticking. . Bettors are focusing on the latter. Rockets coach Mike DAntoni said his team won Game 3 because of Tucker, who had 7 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks. His three All-Defensive First Team selections in 2014 and 2016 make him an All-Defensive First Team member for three straight years. I really take pride in being a good vet and helping guys see the way. The two were cursing and throwing insults at each other and the former NBA MVP called Rapaport a "fkin pale ck sucker.". Tucker and Kevin Durant's mom exchanged some words in a light-hearted moment during Game 7 on Saturday. Saturday was an important day for the Brooklyn Nets and the . Lamarcus Aldridge and Kevin Durant both played college basketball for the Texas Longhorns, but not at the same time. Theyre down 2. Josef Castillo is a basketball coach and the owner of a basketball blog called bashabearsbasketball.com. People ask me why I play so hard. "Hopefully I can move past it and get back out on the floor.". Dorian Finney-Smith is relieved to finally being able to hit some shots. They are extremely close friends and are devoted to one another. This rumor has never been confirmed, but the two players have a close relationship and often speak highly of each other in interviews. Most of the guys who think like that dont last over there. It is especially so during the playoffs when he's more locked in than normal. After his junior season, Tucker was a second-team All-American and the Big 12 Player of the Year. Legal Statement. 72. Tucker has always . All rights reserved. It was crazy how they caught it and the timing of it, but it was that was for sure my moment of the playoffs.. Kevin Durant and PJ Tucker got right into each other's faces. I respect [Los Angeles Clippers guard] Pat [Beverley] for stepping up and saying, I got him [in the first round]. When asked about how it feels to guard someone as close to unstoppable as KD, Tucker said, Its painful. Hes the best scorer Ive ever seen in my life. Join us for a March Madness Webinar on Tuesday, March 7 at 8pm ET. The Real MVP trash talk between Mama Durant and PJ Tucker revealed. Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. over the years where the two get into it during games. Aldridge played for the Longhorns from 2002-2006, while Durant played for the Longhorns from 2006-2007. Tucker fouled Kevin Durant and sent him to the free-throw line. Durant will make his Phoenix Suns debut on Wednesday night, and one of the more anticipated experiments in the NBA this season will get off the ground. June 19, 2021 2:30 pm ET. by Josef Castillo | Dec 25, 2022 | Famous Players. It was just the start of Durant's day against Tucker, which ended with Durant scoring 28 points but making only nine of the 25 shots he attempted in the Bucks' 107-96 Game 4 victory. Tucker was crucial for the Bucks as he started 19 of the 23 games he played in the playoffs. Im thinking Im all-world, and that is how every college guy thinks that coming in. The prospect of recruiting the nations second-best player was something that every coach wanted to pursue. P.J. Tucker -- playing hours after having root canals on three teeth he cracked during the Rockets' loss in Game 6 -- went 45 minutes, guarding Durant much of the time, and finished with 14 points, 12 . Rockets P.J. So Soft: Twitter Reacts as Kevin Durant Gets Ejected for Elbowing Pistons I knew that defense was my way, but that is where I learned to enjoy it and saw how much of an effect it could have on games. PJ made it clear that he loves going against KD, constantly pushing each other on the court. Vote For Luka Doni To Make The 2020 NBA All-Star Team! But now that Rapaport exposed Durant on social media, in the social justice conscious NBA, what -- if any -- will be the league's reaction. This is supposed to be Americas sweetheart right? The former Houston Rockets had incredible duels . Given it was a do-or-die game, of course everyone involved is going to be tense. He said he thinks about his gamble all the time and remembers guarding then-Oklahoma City star forward Kevin Durant during his first start on Dec. 31, 2012. Tucker incident, Nets security guard tied to Kevin Durant is suspended for rest of series - Joe Vardon, Eric Nehm . But now that Rapaport exposed Durant on social media, in the social justice conscious NBA, what -- if any -- will be the league's reaction. Kevin Durant is one of the leagues most talented players, and his best friend, Kyrie Irving, is also one of the leagues most talented players. Kevin Durant and P.J. or redistributed. NBA Playoffs: Is Kawhi Leonard playing in Game 1 vs Phoenix Suns. Tucker and Kevin Durants mom exchanged some words in a light-hearted moment during Game 7 on Saturday. The video of the conversation between the two is the cutest thing on the internet today. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Interest-Based Ads | EU Privacy Rights | Cookie Policy | Manage Preferences. PJ Tucker was a guest on Iman Shumperts podcast for two years ago. Tucker said he did everything wrong his rookie year and admitted his ego caused him to believe he was destined for NBA stardom instantly. PJ Tucker and Kevin Durant are two professional basketball players who have played together on multiple teams throughout their careers.