sequencing What are the best Pete books for the classroom? Loved this book and the story it told! Stick Man -- A Christmas Reader's Theater! My Grade 1 loves Pete the cat !! . From dances to creative crafts, here are 15 of the coolest activities to do along with Pete the Cat. Pete the Cat Activity Packet- Students can write about theirfavorite part of the story, do a word search (first/second grade), and practice using adjectives. Thanks so much for including the resource here! There are 9 WH questions and 1 How question.This book is at a 3rd grade reading level. Why do you think the story is called snow daze? {wink}, Class Tour - Get your students practicing their hallway procedures while learning the layout of their new school building with this class tour. Label Pete the Cat - Cut and paste the cat parts to label Pete the cat with nose, ears, whiskers, paw and tail. Retelling the storyImages from the book are arranged for the kids to retell the story in sequence.4. The little blue cat showed up as a character in Jamess artwork around 1999 and has been a permanent fixture ever since. ALL are ad-free via YouTube. $3.00. Audio Excerpt. Stories included: She has now written many of the Pete the Cat books, as well as started another series starring her own characters Willow and Oliver. Worksheets that motivate students. , ISBN-13 There are now almost 100 published Pete the Cat titles with more coming out all the time. Select Childrens BooksAll vocabulary packs that are available are listed. Teach Alliteration with Pete the Cat and make a Pete the Cat paper bag craft . New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean brings readers along for a fun, surprising, snowy adventure with Pete the Cat! Pete the Cat Big Book for Kindergarten - Add your own class' photos to make a big book that your students will want to read again and again. The, This listening center is designed for the interactive digital classroom using Google Drive. Also included are reading response sheets made specifically for each story with the common core standard included at the top of the page. ""I Really, Really Need Actual Ice, This packet includes a set of fiction and nonfiction read alouds for students to listen to and enjoy. They are excellent for children who are starting to read. The Snowy Day Wow, thanks for compiling this awesome list of freebies! 866-269-5794 (Press 2) Contact Us, New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean brings readers along for read more, 6 Total Resources View Text Complexity Pete has lots of colorful jackets to make each one different. But when the next day and the day after that are all snow days, Pete comes to a sudden realizationit is possible to have too many snow days. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. This is also the same order I'd introduce these books to my kinders - if I wanted to read this many - but I'd probably just pick 4-5 if I'm being honest. In Pete the Cat: Snow Daze, school is canceled, and Pete cannot wait to play in the snow with all his friends. Reviewed in the United States on December 3, 2020. * Each book pictured is a clickable link to an ad-free Snow Fun-themed read aloud.Library Titles:"Biscuit's Snow Day Race""Blizzard""Cara's Kindness""Clifford's First Snow Day""Eloise Skates! PETE THE CAT SNOW DAZE Read Aloud Book for Kids - YouTube 0:00 / 2:42 #readaloudkidsbooktime PETE THE CAT SNOW DAZE Read Aloud Book for Kids 21,372 views Mar 7, 2019 Pete the Cat Snow Daze. Pete the Cat Valentine's Day Craft - Add a cute pink border to Pete holding a Valentine heart to make a cute Valentine's Day is Cool craft. Here are freePete the Cat activities, freebies and books listed all in one place so you won't have to go digging to look for them. Pete the Cat Snow Daze - Just Print & Go! We love the positive messages that Pete the Cat have! The following, *Check out everything I have marked down for ONLY $1 for New Years HERE!!*Hurry! Make life easy for yourself. Students draw cards to move spaces along Pete's Groovy Buttons colored game board. He is a self-taught artist originally from Fort Payne, Alabama. To use this product, you just need to print and go! Add ears, eyes, a nose and a Santa hat! Clip Cards 1-20 Pete's Shoes - Count 1:1 to 20 and identify the correct numeral with these clip cards. Pete the cat Snow Daze | Read Aloud | Story time - YouTube 0:00 / 5:00 Pete the cat Snow Daze | Read Aloud | Story time Jacqueline Mitchell 12.5K subscribers Subscribe 495 222K views 5 years. But when the next day . Students love listening to books read aloud to them! Get months of the year for your calendar, daily folder labels (you know I like being organized), and color words too. Pete takes matters into his own hands and finds a way to get everyone to school. *4 to a page, 43 pages*I know many schools are now skewing away from reading levels, but I know that there are still many that will need to follow the reading levels for their students. Pete BINGO Song - Take a familiar song like BINGO and teach kindergarten students how to spell Pete using this song as a shared reading poem. . Words included are: Short Vowels:short a: can, man, nap, tap, cat, hat short e: leg, beg, men, hen, h, Make reading fun and exciting for your students with these 9x digital read-alouds of Pete the Cats books by James Dean. P, What's included: How to Draw Pete the Cat - Here are the steps to drawing this famous cat. verbs (present progressive), repetitive text Offered by Amazon.com. Spruce up your classroom with these adorable boho rainbow library labels! Teen Number Fluency Roll and Read - Get your kinders identifying their teen numbers as a warm-up in your guided math groups. Our mission is to elevate early childhood education as a profession, and to provide the leadership, support, and resources pre-k and preschool teachers need to help their students succeed. This ten frame can be used for a variety of things. Learn to organize, think and teach kindergarten in smart ways. Related Resources. This product will give your students opportunities to listen to books during reading stations.I hope you enjoy this product! This is ideal for use as a quick comprehension check and it provides a field of 4 answer choices. :)Books included:Pete the Cat: Snow DazePeppa's Snowy Fun!The Cat in the Hat: A Long Winter's NapThere Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some SnowSneezy the SnowmanClifford's First Snow DayRadiator the SnowmanM, This packet includes a set of fiction and nonfiction read alouds for students to listen to and enjoy. Are you getting the free resources, updates, and special offers we send out every week in our teacher newsletter? by . Read More. Your whole grade level (or just you) can dress Pete inspired with the most fantasticly wild shoes it just completes the look. , You're welcome Breanne - glad you found some goodies! Your cozy little learners will have fun and show their understanding with the activities! Please check your entries and try again. Leslie is the teacher behind KindergartenWorks. Adapted book used to help students begin to read in my special needs preschool classroom. Imagine a day filled with snowball fights, hot chocolate, snowcats, and more. But when the next day and the day after that are all snow days, Pete comes to a sudden realizationit is possible to have too many snow days. Little to NO PREP! As we read the Pete the Cat books we place something from the book in his bent arm for him to hold. Here are more than 30 Pete The Cat activities of my favorite ways to use this beloved childrens book character in your preschool or kindergarten classroom. Could be a partner activity, a parent-helper activity or even a quick math center. 5 Total Resources View Text Complexity Discover Like Books. bestselling author and artist James Dean brings readers along for a fun, surprising, snowy adventure with Pete the Cat! Pete's Magic Sunglasses Coloring Page - Color Pete riding on a skateboard wearing his magic sunglasses. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. : Includes 12 Mini-Books Featuring Short and Long Vowel Sounds (My First I Can Read), Pete the Cat's Not So Groovy Day (I Can Read Level 1). Book Description. Most items will lend themselves to a preschool classroom, but kindergarten might just love the write the room pages. Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout. we even had a rock out karaoke contest. It is a Pete the Cat unit for positional words. Quizzes with auto-grading, and real-time student data. Wow, Leslie, your timing is GREAT. I love using ten frames during our calendar time, in math zones and making my own! : This teacher has you covered with an anchor chart idea in addition to an emergent reader, playmat set and worksheet. , Paperback Simply fold to make this one page booklet a hit with your class. Pete Saves Christmas Coloring Page - Color in Pete as he pops out of a chimney holding presents. It includes patterns for a cut and paste craft and a control chart for an individual work center. I made a large (2 foot) Pete the Cat on my classroom door with on arm bent as if holding something. Want other BOHO Rainbow freebies? Shoe Tying Certificates - Grab your official shoe tying certificates and highlight the students who are expert shoe tiers! There are over 70 pages of printables for early learning skills. Snow Bear Pete the Cat: Snow Daze is a My First I Can Read book, which means its perfect for shared reading with a child. : Ten Frame Cards - Pop off Pete's groovy buttons from a ten frame as students practice Pete the Cat subtraction. Complete with a front cover ready to print. Grade Level Team Dress Up - Have a special reading night or school event? It includes patterns for a cut and paste craft and a control chart for an individual work center. - Leslie, I have a shoe-tying award I'd love to share: http://smartkidsgammons.blogspot.com/2013/08/petes-shoe-tying-certificates.html, Your email address will not be published. All Rights Reserved. , Item Weight You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Missing certain things is a reality but not something were trying to point out. Cant go wrong with Pete the Cat for the littles. is a My First I Can Read book, which means its perfect for shared reading with a child. Sharon Fendrick. A little cutting and gluing can go a long way at the beginning of the school year in kindergarten. Browse pete teh cat snow daze resources on Teachers Pay Teachers, a marketplace trusted by millions of teachers for original educational resources. Curiosity Hive 5.42K subscribers Pete the cat Snow Daze tells us the story of when Pete's town was hit with a snow wave, though the first few days of snowing was a lot of fun for Pete. In Pete the Cat: Snow Daze, school is canceled, and Pete cannot wait to play in the snow with all his friends. Stories included: That sounds like a blast. Each book comes with a set of 10 comprehension questions with moveable pieces in BOOM. TX Private Practice SLP But when the next day and the day after that are all snow days, Pete comes to a sudden realizationit is possible to have too many snow days. As an add, This product will be a growing bundle (43 crafts & counting!) (word chunks / images matching)2. In Pete the Cat: Snow Daze, school is canceled, and Pete cannot wait to play in the snow with all his friends. Could also be a great placard for a student's desk on a back to school night. New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean brings readers along for. Have students create their own mental image of the character and compare it after reading. , ISBN-10 Pete the Cat: Snow Daze: A Winter and Holiday Book for Kids (My First I Can Read). To use this product, you just need to print and go! Imagine a day filled with snowball fights, hot chocolate, snowcats, and more. A classroom copy set is also included. , school is canceled, and Pete cannot wait to play in the snow with all his friends. Pete shivers with excitement when school is cancelled because of a blizzardbut sometimes even a cool kitty can have too much snow and too many snow days. (There are some BONUS videos and songs if you click the penguins, snowman, window, and the kiddos! We dont share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we dont sell your information to others. Give it My All Writing Page - Take the message "give it my all" from Pete Saves Christmas and have students draw and write about their own example. , Lexile measure Thank you!!! These resources were all free at the time that I found them. Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons. Four Groovy Buttons Emergent Reader - Fill in the equations to show how Pete's buttons fell off from Pete the Cat's Groovy Buttons in this mini booklet. I'm glad I caught the link change so people can continue to use it. Then you must try these Pete the Cat button activities! The QR code is conveniently located on each page so students are able to quickly scan, listen, and respond! Love the Groovy Cat! There are printables for back to school, reading, math and so much more. Imagine a day filled with snowball fights, hot chocolate, snowcats, and more. $8.99. A special hands-on holiday activity or craft accompanies each read aloud. He's woven into a nest by a swan, used as an arm for a snowman, played fetch with by a dog, etc! Browse Catalog Grades Pre-K - K 1 - 2 3 - 5 6 - 8 9 - 12 Other Subject Arts & Music English Language Arts World Language Math Science Social Studies - History Specialty Holidays / Seasonal Price Free I created this for my classroom to create lesson plans that are easy for me to type, differentiate and accomplish in the classroom. James Deans art has been sold in more than ninety galleries and shops across the United States. They loved the opportunity to try out their coloring skills since we don't really do too much coloring in kindergarten {yeah, I know *gasp*} and were excited to have their own Pete book to take home. Wouldn't it be so cute to record your class singing this and put it into your listening center? verbs (actions) As public library staff, please login to Book Connections, our public library interface for you to explore and enjoy. In Pete the Cat: Snow Daze, school is canceled, and Pete cannot wait to play in the snow with all his friends. Pete Saves Christmas Graphic Organizer - Fill in the boxes to break down the characters, setting, problem and solution. Use these pictures to make the book interactive for your students. Here is an assortment of craft and art activities you can use in your preschool and kindergarten classroom to go along with Pete The Cat. Nonsense and Real Word Sort - Get your young readers to bring back Pete into the classroom once they are working on their beginning reader skills. Thanks for subscribing! The 2.5 year old girl I nanny LOVES Pete The Cat , Reviewed in the United States on December 27, 2022. But when the next day and the day after that are all snow days, Pete comes to a sudden realizationit is possible to have too many snow days. Snowmen at Night Or use the questions in a small guided reading group while focusing on writing complete sentences. Predictable Cut and Paste - Get a little practice or send this home as homework. So versatile, simple and lovable! Math is fun when you're talking about Pete!Included in Packet:CraftivityDrawingRhyming WordsSyllablesWord UnscrambleWord Search (easy)Data CollectionMaking 10Addition PagesSubtraction Pages I'm Vanessa Levin, a curriculum writer, early childhood teacher, consultant, public speaker, and author. readers who are ready to grow with I Can Read. But when the next day and the day after that are all snow days, Pete comes to a sudden realizationit is possible to have too many snow days. James Dean is the original creator and illustrator of Pete the Cat. Work is like going to kindergarten everyday!. P, This EDITABLE resource will keep students engaged and wondering, "Which holiday picture book will we unwrap next?" Here are activities and printables to go along with Pete the Cat Saves Christmas. : He has devoted his paintings to Pete the Cat for fifteen years and turned his natural love for cats into his lifes work. SNOW DAZE -- Sequencing, Story Map, Language, Writing, and More! Perhaps a Halloween party at school? Pete Saves Christmas Worksheets - If your class likes to read the Christmas version, then these worksheets may be right up their alley. If you click this link, it looks the same as the image you have here. "Official" Shoe Tying Club - Want to encourage your students to be independent show tiers? New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean brings readers along for a fun, surprising, snowy adventure with Pete the Cat! "Teams" are formed by students with the same sight word and they can cheer each other on - the first team to get their sight word in the right place wins. Books include: Send home these fun stickers after a day full of reading! These resources were all free at the time that I found them. Use QR Codes to answer comprehension questions about stories! Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web. Beginning Sound Button Bingo - Snag some buttons from your math manipulatives and use them as bingo chips in this small group reading game. Use unique giant buttons as playing pieces. Comment which c, Despite how we look or what we do, we all deserve, FREEBIE! : Thanks for all the ideas. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. Do your kids love Pete the Cat? They could draw or use words to compare themselves with Pete the Cat. This clever and cute class book will have your whole class involved writing what else Pete could have stepped into and reading it over and over. Imagine a day filled with snowball fights, hot chocolate, snowcats, and more. My main complain is in the shipping of this item. Here are the themed resources, printables and lesson plans to teach reading and language arts skills. What an incredible collection from fantastic teachers. Thanks so much for providing these links!!! The Virtual Library includes 19 ad-free (Now via YouTube!) "It's All Good" Posters and Playdough Sight Words - There are two freebie Pete the Cat printables in this post. (My First I Can Read), Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana (My First I Can Read), "Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons" Song, "Pete the Cat Saves Christmas with Kids!" Gingerbread Pete Alternate Version - I'm a sucker for different versions of the Gingerbread Man, so this one just made me smile. Crafts and Activities To Do Along with Pete the Cat! The Pet Club doesnt understand that pets come in all shapes and sizes, just like friends. When you're ready: Tap the Add Response button Tap the link icon to listen to Pete the Cat: Snow Daze Tap the photo icon to take or upload photos/videos of your snow day fun (Be sure to tell me what your favorite snowy day activities are) Tap the checkmark to add to your journal (We will show . I've been encouraging them to sound out each letter and blend to read their words.Like this? Venn Diagram - Students can compare and contrast using the words "same" and "different" in this simple venn diagram. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Let's organize, think and teach smart so you can make learning fun, age-appropriate and the cool thing to do. Students can make sight words using playdough (remember I'm a huge fan of playdough) or be reminded that life isn't perfect with these "It's All Good" posters. - Leslie. The Snowy Day Copyright 2023 Pre-K Pages | Powered by Astra WordPress Theme. This product contains 10 questions with an answer key. Order 1-10 Pete Puzzles - Put the numbers 1-10 in order with backgrounds of Pete the Cat to self-correct in these two 10-piece puzzles. Song, 20 Famous Story Retelling Ideas and Printables, 27 Fresh The Kissing Hand Freebies and Teaching Resources, 5 Clever Sneezy the Snowman Kindergarten Activities, http://kinderblossoms.blogspot.com/2013/09/positional-words-with-pete-cat-wheels.html, http://smartkidsgammons.blogspot.com/2013/08/petes-shoe-tying-certificates.html, 12 Free Dr. Seuss Activities for Kindergarten, 8 Books Kindergartners Ask for Over and Over Again, 87 Cool Pete the Cat Freebies and Teaching Resources, Retell Literacy Center: 20 Famous Story Retelling Ideas and Printables, "There's a Wocket in My Pocket" Seuss-Inspired Class Book. James published his first book. Here are classroom printables to post in the classroom or round out your teacher stash of all-things-Pete. Pete the Cat Snow Daze - Just Print & Go! Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2021. Pete the Cat is the go-to book for many kindergarten and elementary classrooms. I help busy Pre-K and Preschool teachers plan effective and engaging lessons, create fun, playful learning centers, and gain confidence in the classroom. This packet includes a set of fiction and nonfiction read alouds for students to listen to and enjoy. : : )The words that will be used for each spelling pattern will follow the words used in the Wonders First Grade Curriculum spelling words of the week. Imagine a day filled with snowball fights, hot chocolate, snowcats, and more. Book Description. Snow Bear The Snowy Day She says of her job, I love what I do! In Pete the Cat: Snow Daze, school is canceled, and Pete cannot wait to play in the snow with all his friends. Reviewed in the United States on December 1, 2020, Arrived quickly and in great condition. Counting and Matching Sets -Students can match object sets, numerals or number wordswith these button cards. This product was created by Robinson Elementarys STLP team (Student Technology Leadership Program). Stories included: :)Books included:Pete the Cat: Snow DazePeppa's Snowy Fun!The Cat in the Hat: A Long Winter's NapThere Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some SnowSneezy the SnowmanClifford's First Snow DayRadiator the SnowmanM. Students can answer these comprehension questions individually and then self-check or have an adult check their answers. How does he feel each day he realizes its a snow day? Pete the Cat Counting by Fives A simple worksheet that can be turned into "dots" of fun if you using bingo daubers to have students practice counting by fives. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Their dream has finally become a reality with the release of the new Pete the Cat book, Petes the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses. Discover more of the speech and language teaching, concepts for using Pete the Cat Snow Daze, Caps For Sale is EASILY in my top 10 books that ev, Spring Narrative Notes are posted! Also included are reading response sheets made specifically for each story with the common core standard included at the top of the page. Here are activities and printables to go along with other Pete the Cat books. The Virtual Library includes 19 ad-free (Now via YouTube!) Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app. Sounds cute Nancy - I bet the kiddos will love watching all year long as things change. , a coffee table book of Jamess art, was released in 2006. The Misadventures of Pete the Cat, a coffee table book of Jamess art, was released in 2006.