. Expert: Hands down, youre the best skier on the mountain. Please keep in mind that ski boots DO NOT come in half-sizes. I need new skiis! But for those who dip into fresh powder regularly, the Mindbender is a nice alternative. Mainly ski in Tahoe (choppy, cruddy, groomed conditions with some powder days) and also do a few trips out to Utah each season. SkiTalk, Powered by Pugski.com, is managed under the stewardship of Phil and Tricia Pugliese, two of the snow sport industry's most respected and read reviewers and product testers. You are using an out of date browser. Our first run with the Stance was telling: while we felt immediately confident on the Santa Ana and Enforcer, the Salomon ski took some getting used to and much more input to control, even on-piste. Loved it. Courtney Harkins. Beginner skiers are classified as people who have never ever skied, right up to those just starting to dabble in Intermediate trails. The pricing information on this page is updated hourly but we are not responsible for inaccuracies. If youre looking to buy a powder ski, the natural notion is to go a bit longer. But fear not - there is plenty to explore. I have not been on the 93 yet, although I was on the 117 and was very impressed with that even in the 189 it was very easy to ski. This is the number that our ski techs will use to mount your bindings. MENU. Im trying to decide between the Santa ana 88s vs 93s, I enjoy both groomers/moguls/glades skiing, what would you recommend, HI Jenny! I also own a pair of K2 Mindbender Ti 88s (looking to sell these b/c I loved the SA93s so much for easier maneuverability). Smooth, predictable, and confidence-inspiring at speed and in a range of conditions. NORDICA IS A DIVISION OF TECNICA GROUP S.P.A. 151157gr)(158164gr)(16517gr)(172184gr)(179197gr. Of course if you don't have ski poles to try this out on, you can always use the chart below. I am 68 years old. Ive been skiing on the 2011-12 Volkl Kenja at 165cm for years. It refers to the waist width, so the 93 is 5 mm wider in the waist, and about that much wider overall. We're looking for your Mondo Point size, and the conversion is easy! For one pair of resort skis, Id lean to the 93s. Then skis got wider. We haven't had a chance to test the Black Pearl just yet, but based on our time on the unisex Bonafide 97, we expect the Black Pearl to match up well with the Santa Ana for transitioning from groomers to powder. I am 1.63m, 70kg, late fifties and although not profi a very experienced skier, skiing since 3 years old. 2 reviews. Requires some work to control off-piste, and especially in deep snow and tight spaces like trees. Fischer Ranger 94 FR, Black Crows Camox Birdie, and Salomon Stance 94 also come to mind as strong contenders. nordica Nordica Santa Ana 88 Ski - Women's . Nordica Santa Ana 93 Skis - Women's 2021 This item is Out of stock. Powder is likely the most common reason to adjust your ski size, but other specialties such as ski racing, park skiing, and moguls can all skew what size is proper for you. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this! For what type of skier, and what type of snow/location? Hi L.Jorna! Jeff, if youre lighter male like I am and like a light, responsive ski go for it, I love mine. With a waist width of 88 . If the pole is too long, then your forearm will be angled slightly up. Fitting cross country skis is different then fitting alpine skis. Most of the mountain was filled with moguls, powder covered groomers, and packed powder. Pretty much all 4's down the scorecard for Allison, and this is indicative of a high-end, well-rounded ski. Ex-racers wanting a stiffer and faster ride may prefer the unisex Enforcer, which includes a second sheet of Titanal. Advanced: This might be one of the hardest groups to identify. More quickness and maneuverability, and since its a naturally stable ski, I dont think youre losing much if you want to go faster. Despite its wider dimensions, the original design was natural and comfortable on groomers, and the 98 is no different: the ski felt secure and powerful, even on my first run, and I noticed very little chatter at speed. Test Location: Crested Butte, Colorado; Ushuaia, Argentina; Mainland Antarctica & South Shetland Islands . I have had Elan insomnias for a few years now but find them not although fast and good on groomers not very playful for all the other stuff. The good news is that the all around quality of skis is increasing, making it more possible than ever to find a ski that fits your specific style and preferences. If you need to buy a new nordica santa ana 93 153, then we are here to help. or SA88? Any coast, any mountain, any turn, any time, the Santa Ana 93 has what you need to get the job done. In most cases, this is the right call, but skiers should be geo-conscious before buying more than they can handle. Days Skied: 14. . Most intermediate skiers will be tempted to wander off trail, but may not be brave enough quite yet. On the other hand, the Sheeva doesnt like being driven hard on groomers and can lack grip in icy conditions. She skied the 165 which was a good length for her. Youre likely still pretty cautious in regards to your speed, but are able to stop on demand and have a bit more confidence that youll make it to the bottom in one piece. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Expert: Hands down, youre the best skier on the mountain. Yep Am wondering about crud power with the Kore skis. If versatility is your top priority, the choice is clear: go with the Santa Ana. If youve looked all over and still cant find your BSL, its also acceptable to measure along the bottom of the boot from the very tip of the toe, to back of the heel- just make sure you measure in Millimeters! For skate skiing, poles should be a bit longer. Will Kastle change the FX next year? SkiTalk, Powered by Pugski.com, is managed under the stewardship of Phil and Tricia Pugliese, two of the snow sport industry's most respected and read reviewers and product testers. The Secret is offered in both 92- and 102-millimeter options, although the latter is a closer competitor to the 98-millimeter Santa Ana. Take a look at the chart below, and if you have any trouble figuring out your size range, scroll past the cart to where we provide more information regarding these categories. This guide is for Alpine Skis. I Was Raised to Believe That Gear Doesnt Matter; Now I Know Better, Cody Townsend Kicks Off New Season of The Fifty Project With a Beast of a Line, The Top 10 Resorts in the East for Terrain Variety. East Coast Keeper - one ski quiver that does it all! The narrower Santa Ana have more power and stability on trail, while the wider constructions are more enjoyable off-piste and on softer snow. The Nordica on the other hand has always been more of a true daily driver with its only let down being possibly a bit stiff in softer snow. This makes it better for crud, slushy bumps, and more chopped up snow conditions." Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More. By allowing for some of the wood core to be exposed along the edges, it makes the ski easier to turn and smear in the fluff, while the central chord of the metal keeps the stability and smoothness to a high level. On your ski boot, there will be a 3 digit number on the outside or inside heel of one or both of your boots. Compared to the narrower 88, I found this to be just a little bit bigger and stronger. SE, Hi, I see you have tested (and praised) some of the Enforcer Unlimiteds any chance you will review the Santa Ana Unlimited as well? 28.5). The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. SE. nordica Nordica Santa Ana 84 Ski - Women's . This wider layer of TSM makes the Santa Ana 93 stable and dependable on hard snow and at speed. We also werent a fan of the plain colorways and dated graphics on the Stance, although thats largely a subjective complaint. The jacket has been a flagship piece since its release back in 2000, and its a favorite for everything from hiking and backpacking in rough conditions to No matter your experience level or budget, there is a great ski goggle waiting to be found. HEAD Unisex Kore 93 Graphene Lightweight Freeride Skis (Bindings Not Included) 5.0 5.0 out of 5 stars (2) . Ive been skiing the 104 Unlimited, and at 6/2 225, there arent many times when Ive felt like the ski wasnt enough for me. SE. 2 reviews, rating 4.5. She gave the ski a top score of 5 out of 5 for playfulness, with 4's right behind for overall impression, versatility, torsional stiffness, edge grip, forgiveness, quickness, and maneuverability. Your email address will not be published. Rather than snowplow your way down blue squares, youre able to use the shape of your skis to make parabolic or carving turns. The ski did get bogged down on one particularly deep day this past season with almost a foot of fresh snow accumulating in less than 24 hours, but this wasnt too surprising, and a wider width would have been more ideal choice in these conditions. Id look to the same length, if youre comfortable with that. More weight means the skis will feel softer, and shorter. Any coast, any mountain, any turn, any time, the Santa Ana 93 has what you need to get the job done. This is your one-ski quiver option for advanced and expert skiers who just want to shred and not think about what skis they're going to bring out on any given day. Mostly on ice and crud as I live in the midwest. Which is the proper length for a ski like Santa Ana 93 for my daughter: athletic intermediate skier, 25 yrs, 175 cm, 65 kg. Just click on any of the seller links above, and if you make a purchase, we receive a small percentage of the transaction. LINE PANDORA 84 SKIS 2022-23 Call for Price. Sometimes you just need to speak to a expert, so if you're still having trouble picking a size, please give us a call at (877) 812-6710. I ski groomed, glades, moguls and powdered and have to put up with icy groomed out east. I prefer powder and trees (of course), and also bumps (if not too icy) but in the East we also have to embrace the ice and the groomers. Out West, where things are a bit more open, its not uncommon to see skiers on skis much taller than themselves. In a rolling grassy landscape reminiscent of the Scottish Highlands, I stop and let out a startled gasp. Nordicas Santa Ana line has been a SKI Test favorite for years. Looking for Some Guidance? head Head Kore 93 Ski . Many thanks, Hi Lucie! Instead of fitting the ski by height, the skis that we carry are fit by weight. Confidence-inspiring at all speeds and terrain. Kelli Gleason, This is a joyful ski. SANTA ANA 93. . Some certainly will, but if off-trail skiing becomes your preference, chances are youve graduated to the next level. Still have questions? The boot sole length is the literal length from toe to heel of that boot, measured in millimeters. $799.00. The Santa Ana 93s shorter radius makes it easy to control turns and transition between them. Either way, Danielle states that the Santa Ana 93 is "super-fun! I have skied out west for years, but skiing more in the east now. So close to putting my money on the 93s, but worried about stability at speed in such a light ski. Others? I am thinking about the Santa Ana 93 because of its dampness and versatility, but I havent tried it. Some certainly will, but if off-trail skiing becomes your preference, chances are youve graduated to the next level. From our experience with Enforcer Unlimited, its a pretty darn stable ski for having no metal, and exceptionally energetic as well. Everyone was very impressed. Kristi had a lot of high scores for her Santa Ana 93, with 5's out of 5 given for overall impression, versatility, torsional stiffness, edge hold, forgiveness, playfulness, and stability. I am an intermediate to advanced skier 5.3 and 125 lbs. The ski was updated for No matter your ability level, a comfortable boot is an absolute necessity. That said, the 93mm-waist makes it versatile enough to tackle bumps and variable snow. Characteristics of an advanced skier would be: the ability to ski most, if not all trails, an ability to ski fast, regular ability to ski off trail, and more traditionally, the ability to link full carving turns at full speed. Then skis got wider. Interesting comparison for sure but not remotely similar skis. Strong aggressive.like to cruise hard n fast but also like to have fun on the skis Chances are if youre the type of skier who typically skis with a ski-mentor or a friend whos job it is to get you down the mountain. Hi Abby! The Nordica Santa Ana 93and the whole Santa Ana seriesholds steady as a staple in women's specific all-mountain and freeride skis. I didnt get the chance to test the Santa Ana 98 off-piste due to the early closure of resorts this past season, but all signs are positive that it will be a capable partner. Nordica Santa Ana 88 Skis - Women's 2023 $649.99. Im not sure about the length to choose or what ski.. Im 170, 85 kg, advanced skier, love the groomers with speed and edge, but also the sides of the slope. Talk to a Skier: href='/Chairlift-Chat/DPS-Phantom-2-Wax-System-Explanation'. If youre thinking about buying gear that weve reviewed on Switchback Travel, you can help support us in the process. My daughter skiis on the Santa Ana 98 and loves them. You must log in or register to reply here. These skis are still designed to tackle groomers, hard snow, and crud with power and precision thanks to a new carbon-reinforced wood core and a layer of Terrain Specific Metal tuned specifically to the conditions each Santa Ana model is meant to tackle. SE. It used to be that if you extended your arm upwards, you should be able to reach the tips of your skis. And although it loves making fluid turns on groomers, it's at home anywhere thanks to an entirely new construction and shape. We brought the Santa Ana 98 along for testing in Crested Butte, and Nordica also makes the ski in a slimmer 88-millimeter model thats a nice choice for areas with less snow or those who prefer a stiffer, on-piste focus. Myself? Get access to more than 30 brands, premium video, exclusive content, events, mapping, and more. Trough this technology, we were able to design unique constructions better suited for different terrain. Well, I like to ski hard bumps, but I get the point--there aren't many skis that set out to tackle that niche of the market. I have been looking at getting some all mountain skis. Then, as if slowly transposed upon https://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tool_type=cl&merchant_id=e295c418-295a-447c, https://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tool_type=cl&merchant_id=b5770911-39dc-46ac. Nordica Santa Ana 93 Unlimited Skis - Women's 2023 $749.99 Available In-Store Only. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. You may not have heard of the Head Core line of skis because it is new for 2018. 2023-head-kore-93-featured. I ski groomers with my group but I really like to play on the edges of the piste, bumps, trees and some off piste. I currently ski an old volkl Kiku. One of the Santa Anas closest competitors in this category is Blizzards Black Pearl 97. Hi Fredrik! The extra width will be appreciated when you do get a fresh dump for better flotation and will ski crud and cut up snow a lot better. A PK'S favorite year after year! Looking for a advanced all mountain ski for my daughter, 53 16 y.o. In terms of the construction tweaks with the Santa Ana 98, Nordica added more carbon fiber in the build, extended the wood core, and removed one layer of Titanal and some ABS plastic to lighten the ski (they call this their True Tip Technology). WHITE - TEAL 0A232200001. For many generations, ski shops just sold skis. Head Kore 93: Buy | Customer Reviews. Ok, so maybe not the best, but you certainly could be a contendah, kid. For example, East Coast skiers may have visions of skiing wide open powder fields, but the reality is that 9/10 theyll have to navigate tight trees before finding their 100 yard straight shot of glory. I have tried the Fischer Rangers 99TI which I really enjoyed but I dont want to miss out on the Santa Anas as I have seen so many good reviews (I also prefer their graphics). They took out a sheet of metal in the Santa Ana, but also use a denser wood core than previously, so the skis are more woody and less metallic. Same Model, Different Year Nordica Santa Ana 93 Skis - Women's 2023 3 Reviews $699.99 Available In-Store Only Similar Items Blizzard Black Pearl 97 Skis - Women's 2022 $699.95 Outlet: $450.77 Sale 2021 Head Kore Team, 144cm Used Kids Demo Skis, Tyrolia Bindings PHANTOM #214499 (#374510641216) e***k (74) - Feedback left by buyer e***k (74). Still have questions? The reason for the popularity across all levels? Since it's debut, ladies from all ski backgrounds have gravitated to the exceptional performance and dynamic power that these pow sticks deliver. The 98's redesigned core should help here, but given its familiar feel on hardpack, I suspect those that want a flickable ride off trail will prefer a softer build like Blizzard's Sheeva 10. 599.00. Awards Find it Locally Shop Locally in Your Town Change Viking Ski Shop 4.9 mi Authorized Dealer nordica santa ana 93 vs head kore 93wayne state payment plan nordica santa ana 93 vs head kore 93. At 56 and 135 pounds, I chose the 172-centimeter version of the Nordica Santa Ana 98 and found it to be a good all-around match. The Kore is a great ski which is quite unique in its construction but I do feel it can be a bit of a letdown in certain situations such as very hard days or even sloppier spring condtions. The part in there about the ski being hard on the legs does harken back to her lower score for forgiveness to be sure. I would personally add something below the 90mm width if you have a 98 and a 104. The result: the ski is just as fun and confidence-inspiring as its predecessor but even more well-rounded for those that explore all over the mountain. In the end, it comes down to priorities and how you plan to spend your time on the slopes. The Enforcer is also available in 88- and 100-millimeter options, as well as 104- and 110-millimeter Free variations. The rule of thumb for skate poles is that they should come between your lip and your nose. Nordica Women Santa Ana 93 Unlimited, Color: Sage/Peach, Size: 158 (0A229300001-158) No reviews. Turns will be slow and steady, and at the end of your time as a beginner, youll be starting to tip your skis to turn rather than pushing yourself to turn with your heels. If youre looking for a capable all-rounder that nicely transitions from hardpack to light to moderate powder, the Santa Ana is simply hard to beat. Hi, I am thinking about buying the SA93 but hesitating about the length. By adding the same shaped metal plate inside the skis, it increases proportionately with the decrease of the last. Would you say they are considerably different ? Too many choices now. For one ski to do it all, Id go with the 93. The Nordica Santa Ana 88 Women's ski is a great example of an all-mountain ski with a top-end feel and performance level. SE, Hi! As far as turnability goes, the Santa Ana 98 handled everything from short, precise turns to wide sweepers with aplomb. Sometimes you just need to speak to a expert, so if you're still having trouble picking a size, please give us a call at (877) 812-6710. I have an ankle replacement, so I am looking for something stable and somewhat damp, but not dead. If the box is left blank, the skis and bindings will be sent separately and unmounted. Its a spunky ski humming with energy that just begs to be put to work on groomers especially, but will also perform in the rough. Id say the Santa Ana will be enough ski for you, but if you dont want to leave any performance or doubts on the table, then Id just get the Enforcer. Have fun! Line profett 98 in a 165?? Allison notes that she "got to test the Santa Ana 93 on a six-inch powder day. One of my co-workers skied the Head Core 93 mostly in powder and in the trees and really liked it But he said he will probably go with buying the slightly heavier Nordica Enforcer 93 for next season as he is looking more for a groomer ski and not really a lightweight powder ski. If your ski gear is even a few years old, theres new technology out there that will help make good days on the snow even better. And because its 93 mm waist offers exceptional versatility, its the perfect daily driver for women looking to carve groomers and explore the entire mountain. Curious if men ski this ski out your way. This is what used to be referred to as Expert until rocker skis came along and let experts go back to over head ski lengths. Blizzard Black Pearl 88 Skis - Women's 2023 $541.60 Sale - $649.95. Think of it as a shoe size, like a "size 11" for example. The western Canada rep for Head showed up at Elevation Ski & Bike at Sun Peaks with a few of these skis and myself and a few co-workers got to ski the Core 93 and Core 105. Talk to a Skier: href='/Chairlift-Chat/DPS-Phantom-2-Wax-System-Explanation'. We'd expect to see these types of scores out of the Santa Ana 93, and Allison did not let us down. The Nordica on the other hand has always been more of a true daily driver with its only let down being possibly a bit stiff in softer snow. SidelineSwap is where athletes buy and sell their . All things considered, the 98-millimeter waist is just about perfect for most snow days out West, and having less metal in the construction and a lightened-up tipNordica removed some ABS plastic and extended the wood coreshould make the 98 even more playful than its predecessor. Keep in mind that there shouldn't be a decimal (ex. Head Kore 93 Skis 2023. AmyPJ No longer on the single track. $519.00. Cross-country pole sizing is easy as well. We tested the Santa Ana for this review, and Nordica makes the ski in a unisex design called the Enforcer. . $649.99 $519.98. I think the 165 will offer the best balance of playfulness and performance. Don't hesitate to give us a call at (877) 812-6710 and let us help you. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. You are using an out of date browser. There's a whole lot to like about these skis, and a lot of it has to do with the construction. Have fun! Im thinking about buying the Santa Ana 93, the Santa Ana 98 or the Salomon QST LUX 92. Here, a wood core is paired with a layer of carbon and a sheet of Terrain Specific Metal to help this ski achieve optimal gas pedal performance on manicured slopes. Im advanced expert ski 60-100 days/year.. Ski: 2022-2023 Nordica Santa Ana Unlimited 93, 172 cm. It rocked all the conditions, it floated well, was very responsive through the moguls, and transferred great energy from one turn to the next. Ski lengths on our chart above will fall somewhere between your nose and eyebrows. Carbon Chassis is a particular technology that integrates a carbon fiber into the woodcore. These frontside skis have the no-nonsense sidecut, construction, and turn radius you're looking for. They will need to set the forward pressure, DIN, toe height, and test the bindings with your boot to ensure safety. . Seems like thats more in line with what youve been on, I think the 172 is on the long side. Nordica skis and boots provide every skier at every level the performance and comfort they are looking for: Head Kore 99 Skis 2023. . Lots to like about the Santa Ana 93more energetic than the Kenja, and the wider shape will give you more versatility. Have fun! Just keep it up on edge. It's also a bit more playful and encourages you to hit more jumps and drops than the Nordica. If you're holding the right size pole, you'll notice that your elbow forms a perfect 90 degree angle between your bicep and forearm.