Furthermore, some of the bochurim offered me drinks, especially on the warm summer days. Yeshivas Ner Yisroel (Ner Israel Rabbinical College) (also known as NIRC) is a yeshiva in Baltimore, Maryland founded in 1933 by Rabbi Yaakov Yitzchok Ruderman a brilliant Talmudist and one of the primary disciples of Rabbi Nosson Tzvi Finkel, dean of the famous Slabodka yeshiva in Lithuania, and is now led by Rabbi Aharon Feldman, one of the foremost disciples of Rabbi Yaakov Yitzchak Ruderman. The school allowed it, its a full display, not a small joke. Iysh lrayayhu- The Yeshiva must assume some responsibility. Just accept it and move on. Its a bad mossad because they have sinah for chabad and made a mockery of the furtherance/outreach/kiruv to yiddishkeit. Dark education brings dark action. Neither is it the shluchim of Maryland. PURIM SAMEACH. Give up their seats for the elderly? Defaming the Lubavitcher Rebbe is more dangerous than playing with fire. I was supposed to be offended? Yidden going on mivtzoim with lulav and esrog or chanukah. I think our students are taught A LOT more Derech Eretz! Frankly, Im quite honored that this is what they associate us with. They do not seem to understand what chassidus is about. This is what Rabbi Avigdor Miller ztl thought. Thank you Sruly for informing the public of this hateful act. bring the GEULAH NOW THIS was not a Purim joke this was VERY SERIOUS and TERRIFYING.. Even in the letter, theyre still mocking Chabad, making it try to sound like Tanya Unbelievable, BSD seems sincere and not only bc of the publicity that put the Yeshiva in a bad light, Sunday, 12 Adar, 5783. Plz take the letter down - its not an apology, Refuse to accept this apology until they go go ohel, Where is the BSD on the Top of the letter. The irony here is that when any of their talmidim walk into a chabad house around the world, they are welcomed with open arms. 1- you can tweet your displeasure to @NIRCnews, 2- granted some of it is out of bounds. Whoever you are. A group of bochurim who identified as students of Yeshivas Ner Yisroel in Baltimore visited the home of Rabbi Shmuel Kaplan, Director of Chabad-Lubavitch of Maryland, on Thursday. I dont see this as disrespectful at all And all you people saying its how there chinuch is or blaming it on the heads of the schoolRead more , They should be ashamed that thats what their kids spend all time on and this is the message their clearly giving them and kids are just expressing it Dont try to cover up as kids Their your students and youre responsible for these kids and they turned over the ENTIRE school so the hanhola clearly saw and was part of it otherwise if it was taken down right away wouldnt have pics etc I feel very bad for them that that is what their students are busy with and they arent babies 11th grade its a shame oish may HashemRead more , With respect, your outrage should not be that it leaked on social media, but rather the lack of derech eretz your student have. Even if there is differences of hashkafa, there is a general attitude of derech eretz and ahavas yisroel that would never allow lubavitch kids to act like this. There has to be some education done with the families of that school. 2) al gav beis hamikdash Heaven help us. Its about time you have respect for Gedoli Yisroel. The principal must come out and publicly apologize! Its clear that lots of time was invested into tgese props, wasnt just a disrespectful joke. I do agree that we should get over it because its not our business as chassidim to dwell on negativity. vycnievajuca hrudna kost support@missionbadlaav.com; closest city to glacier national park Menu. long coat german shepherd breeders uk Were incensed, What motivates your position? presence of many shluchim who unceasingly Older bochurim have regular sedorim with the Mechina talmidim; the Kollel yungeleit guide, inspire and answer questions posed by the bochurim. How are you reacting? and laughed along. He held of every gadol. I grew up with these rosh yeshivas magedei shir etc. They shouldnt be mocking & making fun of other Jews. He also gives special lectures for the alumni and community at large. I hope everyone gets on with it and continues to accomplish what Lubavitch is capable of accomplishing., VIDEO: Israel Clapman, a Crown Heights resident, speaks out, Sign up for the COLlive Daily News Roundup and never miss a story, And as a former Talmud of Ner Yisroel, I can say that I was never ever taught anything remotely hateful about Chabad. A group of bochurim went to give shalach manos to the Kaplans. This is such a fake letter. Like many thousands of other Chabad bochurim, my boys wereRead more . about time NER YIDROEL had a pic of the Rebbe on the wall , a mikva , some mivzoyim going on there , Hiskashrus with the rebbe , a yechi sign etc! it was the right thing to do and puts you a cut above those who still insist on making light of the incident. What is with the attackers here? At the conclusion of this period, the situation can be reevaluated. If you think about it, we really cant blame the students. Firstly we must acknowledge the fact that it is extremely difficult and painful to publicly apologize, these bachurim did something brave and deserve credit. These include the Kollelim in Norfolk, Virginia, and Dallas and Houston in Texas. #58 ur comment says it all Are we allowed to post such things publicly? Kids misbehave and it doesnt have to end up on social media. The most interesting of these, Throughout the year, various groups of alumni and Kollelim schedule Yarchei Kallah, Friedman Family/Hurwitz Education Building. Your very very judgmentel #2. I personally have a lot of respect for chabad activities as well as for the Rebbe. This was Purim Shtick based off of what these boys learned during their younger years as Ner Yisroel itself doesnt teach anything remotely siilar to the shtick about Chabad, If the bochurim did a shtick with a Breslov doing stick with Na Nach Nachma Nachma MeUman and the like, guarentee no one would be upset about it. Those schools and families should be dealing with their own community issues -and Balitmore has plenty not teaching to hate another Jewish community. No one there noticed that someone (or maybe everyone) there says Ashrei 3 times a day (allegedly) and is saying it WRONG!!!!! Gegent is a business and community directory created by COLLive to promote community businesses and help consumers find helpful and up-to-date information and reviews on shopping, products, vendors and services. Having fun at the expense of Chabad But honestly the only disrespectful thing in there was the acronym they spelled out for the Rebbeother than that its all realistic they display life as they see it life that is foreign to them Going to the mikva haaa haa Doing Mivtzoyim haaa haaa Wearing a hat haaa haaa Having a Rebbe haaa haa And hes even honored with a special chair haaa haa And even believe that when they write , their Tefillos go straight to heaven HA All so different from the life they know . Such behavior is taken for granted. I have two Boys in Mesivta, for all the Ner Yisroel students and graduates reading these comments, you should know my boys never spoke or heard in our home, summer camp or Yeshiva anything against any Gadol Batorah and Eidah in Klal Yisroel. The fact that this is the chinuch they are giving these children is of course terrible and they will be accountable for it, buy why post the pictures of this shmutz??? Its time to start teaching Mussar and stop feeding hate. Im shocked nothing was done to stop these bochurim from doing this. Do not Thats all. Its nice to see some boys had charata. I THINK THE PROPER FORM OF PENANCE WOULD BE FOR EACH OF THE BOCHURIM TO LEARN ONE PEREK OF TANYA. But yes move on. So here theyre just letting you know how they feel and its Purim. He also gives special lectures for the alumni and community at large. Get on with it. May they know only emes in revealed ways and have to power to break through all the klippot theyRead more , After this publicity, I hope parents will think twice of sending their children to a yeshiva like this, especially lack of proper leadership, THE MENAHEL OF NER YISROEL IS A DISGRACE TO THE NAME OF CHINUCH IF THAT IS ALL HE HAD TO SAY. They really want to be part of it. It is not signed by anyone. Its nauseating. Some of them apologized. I dont know why everyone got so upset and offended. Thanks for that prospective. Shtick is made about Donald Trump. I thought that by now 35yrs later, they had a little more respect. Assuming that halacha is important to the hanhala then they know that even being nevaze a Yid who is not physically alive to ask mechila then they must go to their kever kal vechomer the Rebbe. They will stop in for a meal or spend an entire day on campus, where they will meet the Rosh Hayeshiva and members of the hanhalla. Something truly disgusting. A life infused with chassidus leaves no room for such baseless hatred. Shame on him. A group of bochurim who identified as students of Yeshivas Ner Yisroel in Baltimore visited the home of Rabbi Shmuel Kaplan, Director of Chabad-Lubavitch . Had a good handle on the situation. We dont need an apology. Sign up here to receive the alumni newsletter, 50th Yahrtzeit of the Mashgiach Moreinu Harav Dovid Kronglas, The Yeshiva attracts talmidim from communities around the world who wish to attain their full potential in Gadlus baTorah and Avodas Hashem. It is truly a sad day for Judaism. Lchaim! Im sure there are things in New Brunswick and Crown Heights that are not put on social media.. Go hate haman instead. has to fix this They can fix this AND Its not like the school advocated this as part of a policy of lets make fun of Chabad. They should be trembling in fear of the consequences that will be put upon them, the yeshivah, the kids and the parents. They should institute mandatory classes in Tanya there, mandatory trips to the Ayhel and 770, appoint a Lubavitcher as mashgiach and mashpia, and a Lubavitcher as Rosh Yeshiva. There is less than a month to the Rebbes 116th birthday, maybe something can be done there on . This was a full week ago. Apparently they still dont get it, including the hanhalah. They havent been caught so it doesnt exist? Old news. much worse than i had anticipated. Period. Follow up sessions to be held monthly for the next year, until the transition to a fully Chabad institution is complete. BUT, hey Rebbe awareness and consciousness in seeping in. now they finally got busted, As a lubavitcher bachur, a shliach in a yeshiva, this is hard to see. Of course nothing happened to the other boy(s). Thats so lame!! U want them to start hating lubavitch? This unique breadth and inclusiveness fosters a very special atmosphere thatinspires talmidim to set high goals and ambitions for themselves, and gives them the tools to confidently succeed as Bnei Torah in an increasingly challenging world. ", The hanhola and the bochurim should go to the ohel to ask mechila. I dont know how relevant it is whether the principal/rosh yeshiva knew what the bachurim were doing. A formal apology must be made to the entire world Jewish community. Talmidim are trained that Torah must remain at the center of ones life, regardless of his occupation. In lots of places I go to they make fun of the Rebbe and his chassidim who believe in him oh, wait a minute, those places are officially Lubavitch! We as Lubavitchers have no time to deal with the darkness, we are busy lighting, to show their sincere remorse there should be a weekly achdus chassidus chavrusah between ner yisroel and the zal over there as a recent graduate from our education system, and having been through three yeshivos, we are not innocent of this kind of behavior. Rabbi Simcha Cook, Menahel of Mechinas Ner Yisroel, admitted that the photos circulating on social media showing various displays about Chabad were authentic. Please. Full Story, Video. Sure. A GRAVE YARD ON THE FRONT CAMPUS????? being in education being a father of many children with many grandchildren and coming from a family that business was the main focus even at the table This isnt Purim! Thus the ones writing the letter were not the perpetrators! To my fellow yid, Sure there are some of us who need to brush up on our Ahavas Yisrael, but it would never fly for one of our moisdos to make a public anti anyone carnival. Throughout its existence, the Yeshiva has developed, and continues to develop talmidim who are true ambassadors of Torah and Yiras Shomayim. Since it is impossible for the hanhalah of this Baltimore mosad to gather all the feathers from the pillow that is, to apologize to every single Jew (not just Chabad!) He was also famed for his beautiful and inspiring tefillos as a ba'al tefillah. Honestly, its not our place to forgive them. (Podcast Episode) - Movies, TV, Celebs, and more. It was done by 16-year-old kids who are in 11th grade, he said. one thing he can be sure of: the Aibershter isnt viewing this behavior as a joke and isnt laughing. I wish to think it s not the norm. and at the pinnacle of creation, chabad. If they were not proficient at that, its not necessarily an attempt to be unkind or show disrespect: quite the opposite, likely! However, he did not apologize for its content, saying, It was a stupid little thing created by kids in school who put on Purim shtick.. To you too! The maggidei shiur in Yeshiva, as well, are a study in diversity. And its revolting Of course, a highly-publicized apology would be in order. The person who administers the Ner Yisroel college program is sitting shiva this week. please take this seriously as you should. Since Chabad is so full of love for other Jews they should not be penalized now. And btw we make fun of them all the time too. This is an UNOFFICIAL Video trying to capture and highlight some of the greatest moments of our class through the years 2016-2020 in Mechinas Ner Yisroel. You think at least the bochurim would sign off as plony ben plony. No good can come to you if you dont. We must hold the leadership of Ner Israel responsible and accountable. LACK OF AN OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE HANHOLA SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. To #2 i hope ur a 3 year old and not an adult bc this is not something a mature adult would see Sadness because, while their grandparents were in Litvisher Yeshivos working so hard with the self centered goal of becoming gedolim, our grandparents were in Russia risking their livesRead more . The Yeshiva gotta issue an apology and get rid of the bad staff. This didnt happen in 30 minutes. The hanhala was taken completely off guard when they walked in for shacharis. Not a Gadol Byisroel. However perhaps we need a third and more balanced perspective here. Rabbi Mayerfeld, dean, a professor of Talmud and Jewish Law has distinguished himself as a professor in our graduate programme, for over 35 years. Truly disgusting & sad. Use it for kelipa or kedusha. Ner Yisroels entry-level division provides its 250talmidimwith a well balanced educational program. With In-depth Coverage of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem News and All the Latest News From the Israel-Palestinian Conflict and the Jewish World. I have never encountered any disrespect or animosity from any of the talmidim at any time. Among his important roles in the leadership of the Yeshiva is the responsibility for acceptance of new Talmidim to the Yeshiva, monitoring the progress of each Talmid, giving Shmuessin and Vaadim as well as mentoring Talmidim who seek his advice and counsel. Rabbi Hochman has been an instructor with Ner Israel for more than 40 years and is renowned for his in-depth knowledge of Talmud and Jewish Jurisprudence. May Hashem protect klal Yisroel. forgot to add This involves our Rebbe! The most interesting of these visiting groups is a kiruv organization for Israeli college students, which travels to the US as part of its Jewish learning and leadership training; they will spend a day at Ner Yisroel, where they are greatly enriched by their meetings with the Rosh Hayeshiva, rebbeim and the talmidim. ner yisroel news. Teach your bochurim , for the health and welfare of these rabbeim, parents and kids please go to the ohel and apologize. Embodying the lessons of Ner Yisroel, they carry its influence everywhere as distinguished mechanchim, rabbanim, and baalei battim in every profession whose lifeblood is limud haTorah. Boys. They are innocent minds that have been inculcated with hate and with apathy. They think they are so righteous as they shockle & veyn, but they have no problem pushing women & kids out of the way to get on a bus first. Under the tutelage of the Rosh HaYeshiva, Moreinu Harav Aharon Feldman shlita and Ner Yisroels acclaimed staff of outstanding rebbeim, talmidim are exposed to the breadth and depth of Torah while imbibing the hashpaah and hadracha for successfully navigating the challenges of todays world. By: BJLife Newsroom TA 12th Graders Fahered at Yeshivas Ner Yisroel Baltimore, MD - Jan. 13, 2023 - TA's 12th graders from Rabbi Eli Rifkind's shiur were fahered (tested) on the first perek of Sukkah by Rav Tzvi Einstadter, R'M in Yeshivas Ner Yisroel, and the Rosh HaYeshiva, Moreinu HaRav Aharon Feldman, shlita. I havent witnessed mockery of the litvishe people, but if Chabad people do mock them, then this story should be used as an awakening. Our boys were busy before Purim packing thousands of mishloach manos for mivtzoyim, practicing to Lein the Megillah, learning about Purim, planning their routes I barely saw my boys on Purim they were so busy with mivtzoyim Boruch Hashem! Bring them closer with love -send the students and staff weekly sichos and letters of the Rebbe. Purim is the perfect day to learn this lesson. Maybe hang a cross as a Purim Shpil!? Litvish is false consciousnesses. I grew up in that kind of community. #letsbefriends give me your number MG . We need to look inside and realize how it now fees to be the butt of the joke. Many Lubavitchers dont love every yid as they say they do. It is available in Eretz Yisroel through Rabbi Klein (02-653-6578), and in Lakewood by the Sirota Family at 166 Daniel Drive (732-370-0663). It means opponent to chassidus. Does Chofetz Chayim make an exception for "Humor" or Purim? Theyre just frum Jews, no matter what they like to believe. But in a phone conversation with COLlive.com, Cook stated that the photos which were shared on social media were a gross invasion of privacy. Thursday -5 . And has no logical implications. if they had a Mezuzah checking station ,They should check their Mezozos ( personally I think they need to be fixed). A freilechen, Many years agolike in 80s, I learned in a misnagdisheok, Ill be niceLitvishe Yeshiva and the guys were always laughing about mivtzoim, kiruv, Moshiach, chassidus and everything else the Rebbe taught us. This is simply a symptom of a much larger core issue. Im sure there are things in New Brunswick and Crown Heights thats an apology? I feel for them. for sure the Aibershter remembers ltova those who seek to create shalom among His people. Rabbi Sheftel Neuberger, president of the Ner Yisrael Rabbinical College in Baltimore, passed away this week after being ill for the past year, according to Jewish news sources. In all the camps and yeshivas I have attended, standard protocol is to make fun of Snags. But Im totally not excusing them, it was not okay what they did. There is bechira by yidden. To put up the Ohel) so please leave your bs for yourself and dont try to compare us to them. NI has personally offended every lubavitcher and they need to formally apologize by writing a letter addressed to Lubavitch as a klal. Take responsibility and reprimand your students and reinforce discipline throughout your faculty! sad. Rabbi Mayerfeld received ordination in 1971 from Beth Medrash Govoha of Lakewood, N.J. Litivish doesnt rate a purim shpiel. Shame on the kids but more a shame on the menahel who seems to be passing this off as no ones business. Thats more than any of us have done for the jokes weve made. This is not our issue to forgive. Guess who got into trouble? I guess the Rebbe isnt so bad, Och Un Vei they display it this wa.y, To all you people saying Im Chabad and I think its ok and they didt mean any harm. I am a bochur at Ner Yisroel who actively participated in this shtick and was very involved therein. I would callRead more . These boys come from all over the United States and Canada; many attend public school all year; others are enrolled in Hebrew day schools but come from homes with little or no Torah observance. Each one presents his own individual approach andfocus. Get real. Heres their full letter as sent to COLlive.com: As bochurim from Ner Yisroel, we want to express our desire for the achdus of klal yisroel. I have to say its super original and creative. I dont know what to make of the letter but I definitely would not invite any of these people to my place, Begins writing a page with Bsd or Bh on top He is the author of many books dealing with commentary of the Bible and Commentaries. Collive does a great service to Lubavitch but by no means to they represent it. Rabbi Hochman has been an instructor with Ner Israel for more than 40 years and is renowned for his in-depth knowledge of Talmud and Jewish Jurisprudence. We just dont hold the litivish identity (as distinct from the Yidden who identify as litvish) in high enough regard to make a mocking display of. 83, grow up. Would the reaction be to reject or encourage? The coverup/deflection is worse than the crime, Its took me a while to figure out that it said kisef hamalchus. Toward the end of the school year, many eighth-graders and high school seniors on their graduation trips to Washington make Ner Yisroel a significant part of their itinerary. So why are you making such a big ruckus like you discovered a whole nest of Misnagdim when the Rebbe said there are no Misnagdim now? We lived in a frum upstate community over twenty five years ago. If will after these kids for life. In 2002, HaRav Ezra became a maggid shiur in the Yeshiva and currently serves both roles as Rosh Kollel and Maggid Shiur. . We can feel compassion for them and their twisted chinuch and be kind to them and understand that they are sweet boys with misguided mechanchim. Before Auerbach died, his followers were beating up Rabbi & Rebbetzin Havlin over the draft law. As a knas the students should learn chassidus once a week. It is something they must travel to New York to beg forgiveness by the Ohel. People opposed Thes boys should have it explained to them that theyRead more , The problem is, it was on school premises, seen by this Rabbi Cook & teachers, and was allowed to stay up. A few years later, the ladys daughter married a Jewish boy and moved to a foreign country. You should be ashamed of your self. Does the Rosh think by calling Collive he is exempt from his responsibility.