You use the first 5 or so of your charge-discharge cycles to complete this task. I always wanted an electric bike because of how fast it is. For instance, you can expect a standard throttle to have three wires: red, green/blue, and black. Thanks for the great article. Bike Parts Repair and Maintenance; Cycler's Guide During the Pandemic Help. If the damage is significant, then the switch itself may require replacing. 1. Great trouble shooting Brad. Doing that is easy enough, as long as youre able to solder the wires to the new sensor yourself. Wow fantastic information! The electric bike comes with some common errors, whether it's an expensive one or an average priced electric bike.These errors may affect the electrical system of the bike. Thank you for your time have a nice day, About UsContactAmazon Affiliate DisclaimerPrivacy policy, Individual E-Bike ReviewsE-Bike Roundup ReviewsGuides and TipsE-Bike State Laws. It is meant for short rides and doesn't have any mechanical disk brakes, suspension, or derailleur. If so, then you can contact the manufacturer and file a warranty claim for replacement parts. All NAKTO ebikes are covered under our 1-year warranty for the original owner. All NAKTO ebikes arrive 90% assembled plus free assembly service available now. Engine Trouble Running Essentials- a complete troubleshooting guide. Air Conditioning & Heating; Bricklaying; Carpentry; . Remember above where we said too high a heat and your battery will degrade. Now, some eBike battery packs are positioned inside the bikes frame. On hard cased batteries this is a complicated procedure. Why Are Electric Bikes So Expensive Are Their High Price Tags Justifiable? They dont need to be completely discharged before recharging. If your battery isnt charging, start by checking the following: That is entirely normal - and will, unfortunately, only get worse as time goes on. A. Never say electric bikes a too expensive until you have see the Nakto series of electric bikes. Typically, the battery management system will cut off the power if it senses the battery draining too fast below certain safe levels. One owner's battery wouldn't charge from new. Youll want to avoid stressing the battery, and youll definitely not want to hit the low voltage cut off point. Another reason for such issues could be the ring of magnets on the front sprocket; the sensors may be out of alignment due to being dirty or knocked around. Do you have a short circuit in the battery, wiring, or motor. Make sure that the brakes arent rubbing on the rotor or rim when the brake lever is released. Another thing to check here is that the electrical cables are correctly connected. Sort by. If youve owned your ebike for a few years and youve used it almost every day, the frequent rides may have just pushed the battery pack towards the natural end of its lifespan. Throttle works intermittently. Disconnecting the contacts and cleaning them and reconnecting can . Is your e-bike under warranty? Its not that theres anything wrong with the throttle at all. If the output on the battery charger is lower than the battery chargers rated voltage or if its zero, then the battery charger is defective. Sale; Outlet; Home; All products; . The same problem should happen if the battery is faulty. He said he would contact Bafang to see how to trouble shoot it. There are multiple ways to do this. Another place to find e-bike batteries is eBay, but, its more risky as you cant tell how old is a battery and they dont come with any warranty certificate. Since the controller serves a huge yet sensitive purpose in the functioning of an ebike, the slightest technical glitch could ruin the established balance in any aspect including power transfer and distribution. After the break-in period, youll want to charge your electric bike battery to around 80-90% fully charged. Troubleshooting the Battery. If you find the brake pads or the brake shoes in good condition then you may want to tighten the brake cable adjuster on the brake lever or the brake itself until the brake becomes more responsive. This point is closely related to the previous one. You should also check the brake cable tension and adjust it if necessary. That would prevent the bike from damaging itself if you were to press or twist the throttle while the brakes are on. Unlike with traditional bikes, ebikes have various configurations and designs which makes repairing flat tires different for brands and models. My battery seems to charge. If the indicator light illuminates when the charger is plugged into the electric bike, then the wiring and the wiring connectors going to the charger port as well the charger port itself are working. Hopefully, the tips Ive outlined above will help you keep your eBike running fast - and for a long time. To resolve this issue, what youll want to do is to have a qualified expert test your brake sensors. Electric bike batteries can have problems that fit into one of two camps. Youll also want to make sure that you fully charge the battery for the first 5 charging cycles, this can be a long time so be prepared. The 360Wh battery also gives this bike a surprisingly good . In this article, we're sharing a full guide on how to troubleshoot common ebike problems to help you get back on the road in no time. . If they havent maybe their customer service isnt the greatest and you might need to try another store.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[120,600],'electricscootering_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_1',146,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-electricscootering_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[120,600],'electricscootering_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_2',146,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-electricscootering_com-large-leaderboard-2-0_1'); .large-leaderboard-2-multi-146{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:15px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:15px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:600px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}. How fast can my electric bike go? Whatever throttle problem youre facing, theyve probably seen it a hundred times already. One reviewer and a few owners said the Camel could not power up steep hills. Burn marks or smells are clear signs that it needs to be replaced. Either battery connections or wiring connectors when something works intermittently. Nakto. One way to solve this is by dropping the assist level and pedaling a little harder when going up steep inclines or hills. There are several reasons for such malfunction including aging, too frequent charge cycles, improper battery management, and a manufacturing defect. It can take around 6 8 charge-discharge cycles for your battery to balance. Copyright 2012-2022 EBR Electric Bike Review, Inc. Also operating under the name EBR, A1D01FE8-C72C-4FEA-A302-224D381425B7.jpeg, BB39D34E-1AA5-49FA-A486-BCD711572741.jpeg. $475.95. . No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Nakto as well as any help and solutions you know of. And maybe a soldering iron, depending on the problem. The battery icon display does not alter as I use the bike. These tests will work for both charging and discharging issues. Common Electric Bike Errors. If the voltmeter reads a surface charge of more than 36V, then the battery is fully charged and you can try troubleshooting another component. To get your ebike running again, youll need to fix the jammed brake levers. JavaScript is disabled. Your e-bike throttle will probably be one of the three general types: All of them work in the same way. The safest way to use the twist throttle is to pull it back and then slowly release it back into its original position once youre done. Q: How to fix an unbalance bike seat? What is rhis should I get a new charger,? A twisted or missing spoke magnet could cause malfunction as well. Did you resolve your issue? This NAKTO 20 Inch Fat Tire Electric Bike adopts the 48V 10Ah built-in battery, 350W high-speed brushless motor, Shimano 6-speed, front and rear disc brake, a bright front light, 3 riding mode--electric bicycle&pedal assist(PAS)&normal bike, you can ride on the mountain or beach. Your email address will not be published. Give the electric bike full throttle while engaging the brake on the rear without locking it up. Even though DIY maintenance can be easy to perform, its still best to bring your electric bike to a service shop if youre not fully confident in your skills. Or some other fault? The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. For ebikes with a fuse, you can simply remove it and hold it against some light to see if its burned out. Q: My e-bike tires always get stuck by the fender. Thats why all e-bike owners must understand how to troubleshoot and fix an e-bike with a throttle problem. Frame Style. Lets suppose the throttle doesnt respond at all when you press or twist it. Linda Gonna try again, but worried it will give out again. Naturally, you dont really want to be doing that, and it is a job for the experts, you also wouldnt have needed to read our guide if you know how to do that. Is there a way for the end consumer to delete codes and see if they regenerate??? There are a few things youll be wanting to do as during this break-in period. For the discharging port, after youve got you results youll want to check our results list below. Check the Battery Charger. Ive sometimes found myself in the wrong mode, and I couldnt figure out why my eBike isnt speeding up. We offer the best in home Furniture, Appliances, Electronics, Mattresses at discount prices. Page 42 6. I have the same problem. Just a brief update if anyone is interested. This can happen in lower-quality batteries that are typically installed in cheaper bikes because theyre made by recycling batteries from other older devices such as laptops. Also, while it might sound obvious, be sure to check if youre in the proper mode - for example, pedal-assist, throttle-only, or pedal-only. Electric Bicycles . You can take it to your local dealer and have them fix it, or you can make a little time and try and fix it yourself. Can you inform me how to fix it. As youve seen throughout this article, throttle problems are very common when it comes to e-bikes. Looks like all the connections are secure and in original working condition. Required fields are marked *. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Ive been watching YouTube on how to pull crank apart and trying to bone up on how to videos about motor swap. Ride1Up Revv 1 Review Detailed Review of the Powerful E-Ride. Again, it depends on the e-bike model you have. Of course, its important that youve run all the basic checks first. Call us (714) 603-7182 (Mon.-Fri. 5 Days from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm). Afterwards youll need to check your charging port results then or try a jumpstart, which weve nicely explained how to do in the section below. Lithium-ion batteries generally have a life of 700 charge cycles. When charging a battery to 100%, for more range, dont leave it like that for more than a day. is this normal You might want to leave this one to the professionals. Advancements in technology and design have sky-rocketed them from a pipe-dream to a. The time length does not matter how often or not they have been used. If the battery pack hasnt been charged for 6 months or less, you may be able to recharge it successfully. Take a close look at your battery to discover the potential failure: The hood is not completely flat, it is a little raised in certain areas. Youll more than likely see 2 cables that look the same. What you'll be looking for is any breaks or other visible signs of damage. You must log in or register to reply here. NAKTO's 22" Elegance Electric Bike has its fair share of drawbacks, but they don't overshadow the wonderful features the e-bike offers. In some cases, the throttle cable may also become stretched. We highly recommended not to leave the battery charger plugged into your electric bike for more than 12 hours. Such a process will need the skills of an expert electric bike mechanic. Li-Ion batteries are a type of rechargeable battery. I come home charger is red for 30 minutes I leave it's fine then it dies. Severely worn out batteries have a maximum range of 5 to 10 minutes. Using a wrench, you can easily fix this issue by slightly bending the prongs to realign them into the correct position. In this video a professional electric bike mechanic shares his expert advice on how to fix an ebike yourself (or at least track down the problem). The NAKTO Folding OX is a cruiser ebike which is made for recreational cyclists living in cities. This is a 3 wire square plug and a 5 wire rectangular plug. As of 2020, Nakto now offers a bike catered to kids, the Nakto Skylark. Thanks for sharing that. Never charge your battery after a ride, give it a few hours to cool down. Were going to help guide you through the world of electric bike batteries. Bikes been down a week. The brake cutout sensors work. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. As you gradually push or twist the throttle, it will cause the battery to deliver increasing amounts of power and cause the bike to go faster. Regardless of the type of e-bike throttle you use, there are some common issues that you might face. The light indicator on my battery is onlg showing 2 green lights iut of 4. To find out if your battery is the culprit behind the repeated choking of your ebike, try using it on a different reliable electric bike with the same setup as yours. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. My Chinese folding bike stopped working so I banged it up and down on its stand and that made it work but not in a controllable way. In this time what your waiting for is your battery to balance and settle. Nakto Electric Bike Maintenance. Once you put the throttle back together again, you should be able to press or twist it as usual. Why Does The Throttle Type And Features Matter? Once the motor reaches this speed limit, it will stop providing power further. If you find yourself with an unresponsive throttle, the first thing to check would be the throttles cables and connectors. Thats another reason why you should avoid leaving your eBike out in the rain. Some speed controllers are turned on by pressing the M button. Medium.This bike has given me lots of fun but time to move on. Does something need to be reset? Others may even have multiple power settings (e.g. Some speed controllers are turned on by pressing the "M" button. You can find plenty of models or you can just get an universal one with the same specs as your existing battery. It is very compact and you are able to store . Amazon doesn't cover that or warranty. The bottom line? Required fields are marked *, Hi I just bought a new e bike First time i have used it all was fine When i wanna charge it for 1st time there has been no charge sept by the battery. In this section, were going to look at the more common and general e-bike throttle problems that you might experience. 4 8. . Start by fully charging the battery, then jack up the rear wheel by connecting the multimeter to the battery. View the contact pins and see whether one is missing or not. Thank you for understanding. . Note how long the battery pack will last. Seeing how most throttles have all of its wires and components bunched together, you might have to gently dig around to look for the Hall Effect Sensor. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer. You can check the voltage of an ebike using a voltmeter by simply attaching the prongs to the positive and negative sides of the prongs on the battery. If this happens, youll tend to experience power cut-offs. Copyright 2012-2022 EBR Electric Bike Review, Inc. Also operating under the name EBR. Is the battery working? You can easily spot this by visually inspecting your handlebars and brake levers for signs of any cosmetic damage. A Li-ion battery can hold its charge well. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. This common eBike battery issue is often wrongly diagnosed. An ebike will work smoothly only when all the parts are functioning properly. Flex the chain laterally, and separate the chain. If this doesnt work and youre having a hard time determining whether or not your pedal assist system is faulty, its best to take your ebike to an electric bike service shop so they can remove and replace the faulty parts. Heres a pic of the diagnostic screen that was used to determine the problem. I'm going to keep checking everything again I just needed to take a break before I go crazy luckily for me I'm in Ontario and it's freezing cold outside so it's not that big of a deal but I was wondering if you had any ideas something I could check or do to get this thing going again. Deleted member 12676; Nov 3, 2015; 2-Stroke Engines; 5 6 7. The charger is showing red when I plug it in and after a while it turns green. 500C (pdf) Download. Roshan said he was going to send out the replacement motor free of charge and I will send my defective motor back to Bafang. It had 2 to 3 bars when it cut out. Known Issues & Problems with Wolff Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes, Known Issues & Problems with Velowave Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes, Known Issues & Problems with Velotric Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes, Known Issues & Problems with Turgo Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes, Known Issues & Problems with TAUBIK Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes. How To Adjust Your 2-Stroke Clutch - 48cc 50cc 66cc 80cc -Motorized Bicycle. In this article, were sharing a full guide on how to troubleshoot common ebike problems to help you get back on the road in no time. The next time to cut down on your delay time is to disconnect the battery,then hook it back up.All should be good.You say your going up hill and the bike shuts down. It was 90% change and just died. Mar 1, 2023 Supercharge Your Health Resolutions with E-Bikes In today's fast-paced world, maintaining good health can be a challenge. If this is not true, then our next step is to jumpstart your battery. Readjust the battery, stick the charger in and reboot the bike. I think the display may have its own battery in order to maintain accumulated miles and other settings, so disconnecting it from the power source probably won't reset it. An electric bike only works if all the components are functioning correctly, which means there is no easy and quick way to troubleshoot major problems. Let it cool down and then charge it again. Is my 4 year old battery bad, or is it some other component? Wow ok Ill double check that. The green lights wouldn't come on. If it was a sudden start to the issues, do you remember riding over some bad potholes or super rocky road? One way to achieve those health resolutions is by incorporating e-b Ordering online and your bike will be completely assembled and ready to pick up in-warehouse. Replies 61 Views 33K. In the short term, this wont hurt - but after a while, the batterys capacity will go down. Make sure that your bike can power-up: the LED's indicator lights should light up, as should the bike's display screen. C 790 (pdf) Download. When cells fail, its usually due to being under severe loads. http://electricbikereview.com/ If your electric bike isn't working there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the issue. Theres nothing worse than having to spend hundreds or thousands on an eBike only to have problems with its battery. 2021 Scott Strike EMTB. For example, if your ebike is equipped with a 36V battery but the voltmeter reads 10 volts, then the battery is faulty. Replace any snipped zip ties to secure cables away from moving parts. A failing battery can be the result of improper lining up of its prongs. It was in a local bike shop for about two weeks already waiting on parts via warranty for an unrelated issue as well. There are plenty of electric bike batteries and chances are one will fit your e-bike. However, a throttle with additional features, switches, or displays will undoubtedly have more components and several more wires that youll need to inspect to troubleshoot a problem. Melted or burned wires are a sign of overheating. If you want to fix these issues, then you have 2 options again. jump starting the battery by bypassing the safety features on the bms sounds like a terrible idea. A throttle might look like a very simple device on the outside, but open it up, and youll see that there are several components bunched in together with moving parts. If your ebike wont start or keeps cutting off, the issue can often be traced back to the battery. 9. I rode it it was fine then it would stop. Q: The fender is loose/broken. Before we start trying to troubleshoot or fix anything, we must understand e-bike throttles in general. Its a good idea to recycle the battery; most cities have a place where you can do this. $475.95. I would suggest going to someone who has a basic knowledge of electronics and try to change the key switch with an identical one or search for any visibly damaged cables. You can plug your voltmeter into any 2 of these terminals to get a reading. Ordering online and your bike will be completely assembled and ready to pick up in-warehouse. One helpful method of confirming the source of the problems would be to switch out the throttles and see if the other one works well. When I press the battery indicator it holds two green and the other only flicker green. When this is the case, the . If it does, then thats a clear indicator your problems are being caused by faulty brake sensors, which are overriding the throttle. They only last between 2 and 3 years from when they were manufactured. Then, carefully blow out any dust or debris, and remove any plastic parts you might find. Battery charger shows fully charged (green light) on 36 v battery. 3) Check out the small and large bevel wheels for damages Remove the clutch plate on the right side and inspect the condition of the small and large bevel gears for wear. You then choose the new capacity for your battery, which influences the range. But the pushbutton display on the battery lights up 3 of 4 bars. agarg_1; Feb 2, 2023; Maintenance and Repairs; Replies 16 Views 464. Activate both brake levers a couple of times to try and free up the switch. If so, replace the fuse. Electric, Electric bikes have surged in popularity in recent years. If your brakes arent functioning properly, then you should check the shoes or the brake pads for signs of wear. It was determined that it is the torque sensor causing the malfunction. Thankfully, this problem is straightforward to fix. thankyou. My batterys are around 4 years old. The XT60 is the larger of the 2 cables. $475.95. The Nakto electric bicycle is built with a sturdy carbon steel frame (used in the construction of earthquake-resistant structures) which ensures that you'll use it for a lifetime. Q: The fender is loose/broken. So I turned the key to the off position and the motor stopped. I experienced similar problem with my second biktrix, a Jugg HD Classic, within 20 miles of riding new. Thinking along the lines of PC boot-up errors that get logged but don't clear out unless manually done. It might be the first time you rode as, In the world of electric bikes, there are numerous capacities of batteries which add more power to your push pedal bike. If the battery pack hasnt been charged for more than 6 months, then its probably defective. Dont get excited and pull your new bike straight out the box and go for a ride. So, why do the throttle type and its features matter when troubleshooting an e-bike with a throttle problem? The reason for the 100% charge cycle for the first cycles is so that your battery can balance. Was it a sudden start to the problem or gradual? In any case, knowing how to troubleshoot common problems of ebikes is valuable information for anyone owning an electric bike or thinking about buying one. Heres a quick test that can detect the problem: Remove the battery pack from your eBike and charge it up on a bench. The brake sensors on your electric bicycle play a crucial role. Overall Score: 7.9. Nakto electric bike | no key | no charger | possibly missing parts | possibly locked | this is a police seizure item and may be locked out from registering for use | possible parts only item (Used) NOTE: This unit is being sold AS IS/WHERE IS via Timed Auction and is located in Jurupa Valley, CA. Wondering if those are old codes that got created during pre-shipment testing since nothing new popped on the display for you. Mini Bikes; On Sale. Malfunctions of the power or pedal assist system on your ebike may cause issues associated with pulsating or occasional power cut-offs. If youre experiencing power cuts with a new ebike that youre just starting to use, it might be because the pack has been sized, engineered, or manufactured with less than the required high current capacity for supporting heavy loads. Do they offer service in your country? Is the battery charger port full of dirt? Has the fuse blown in either the eBike battery pack or the charger? On the soft pack battery, youll be using the smaller of the XT-60 adaptors, following the same rules as above. The first thing youll need to do is to remover the battery pack. On soft pack batteries, youll find that manufacturers have included an XT-60 adaptor. If a damaged cable is the cause of your throttle problem, youll need to get that replaced. Q: Why does the seat always wobble? Refine view all. Make sure the battery isn't rattling around, and the battery connector is not slightly melted and making a good connection. Some will allow you to select a 100% charge if it does go for that setting. Aug 8, 2018 . Well, were going to ignore that advice for jumpstarting our battery. >>> Check out our article about the best electric scooter accessories here <<<. If the bike won't turn on after testing the battery and checking the connectors, follow the steps HERE to check the 40A battery fuse. Our 71-page Bicycle Commuting Handbook covers a range of topics, including: Bicycle Universe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Youll now want to hook the charger directly up to the power wires. When charging a battery to 100%, for more range, don't leave it like that for more than a day. If you repeat this in a nice and relaxed manner youll have the battery balanced before you know it, itll still be a long process though. If this is the case, the electrical circuit cant be completed so no power will be produced. If you have a voltmeter or a multimeter, you can test the voltage of the battery charger port. Did you find put what the problem was. I suspect you need to go into a lower bike gear,going up hill in high gear is a good way to burn out your controller.The BMS battery management system is doing what its supposed to down when you try and take to many volts from the battery at once. If your electric bike is being placed on charge and your battery does not seem to charge. Lastly, slightly more expensive e-bike throttles may even have a key switch or LED displays on them to show you all sorts of stats about your electric bike. Is the battery pack being charged to 100%? Nakto Electric Bike Controller . Electric scooters are fun and practical which makes them suitable for city commuting. So without further ado, let's get started! Many people are determined to make healthier choices, whether it's through diet, exercise, or other lifestyle changes. Thats even more likely if youve tested another throttle on your e-bike and found that it works perfectly fine. Apparently when the speed sensor goes out it gives a warning message on the display. Your throttle, for instance, might have forward and reverse switches to change your bikes direction.