I tell people to look on line to see if they can buy the BRAND NWT top Im selling that is currently in stores and in style for less? Just seems like so much work but but payoff is so minimal in both cases. Can you imagine doing $250,000 of business a year with a company, and them getting 12%, about $30,000 a year, and them not picking up the phone? But I like you missed the social aspect, I had regular buyers that I had became friends with. I try to gather up really large bags of things in great condition so its not a waste of my time taking the subway and waiting in line (pre-pandemic, now you have to make an appointment or drop off and come back later). I find that no matter how many followers I solicite, no matter how many shares etc, sales are very very low! Its like having multiple appsall in one! If and when they finally remove a listing, they do not suspend the account. People on this site are crazy Ive seen it for 6 years!! Happy poshing! Wtf??? She didnt get it in time for her party so she opened a case. Trends are constantly changing and personalized to each user. So in this situation mercari shouldnt have approved the refund because he has clearly admitted that he was just unhappy with his purchase price! I have never in my entire life of purchasing on line seen how lazy Poshmark sellers are. Thanks again for the comment. When I received the return, Poshmark states on their site I can dispute it if its not the same item returned. Seriously. If you react to difficult buyers and allow them to decide ANYTHING about how you run your business, then this business isnt for you (unless you can STOP IT and realize that no one buyer makes or breaks you). Some nice love notes. Free shipping AND returns. So if someone is willing to pay for them, Ill gladly move my shoes to a plastic container and sell you my boxes and bags. I received an offer of $200.00 for a LeVian ring, $150.00 for a David Yurman ring and $300 for a David Yurman Blue Sapphire ring within 1.5 days. Any issues that others know of? I dont have time for social selling. Also Birkenstock has very strict return policy anyway: take one minute to test them but show no signs of wear. I also think it is difficult to see a $5 item you want but then pay $6.49 in shipping. Glad I found your blog, I have been looking for anywhere to type a complaint so that others can be warned. For things I really care about and are easy enough to list, then I will use eBay because the 10% commission they charge is reasonable compared to every other platform and its been around the longest so I feel comfortable using it. I have done really well making a lot of money up until this month. Ive had to take half my closet down Bc of rude people ! Ive had friends try it on too with the same comment. They really only care about their super high volume sellers that sell junk (many are in China and are not restricted even with seller ratings as low as 93)! All the best to all you other sellers as well . Sellers continue to tie themselves in knots trying to figure out how to maximize sales on this platform, as everything about Poshmark is clouded in a mystery and ineptitude that keeps its users chasing. Posh does nothing dor its sellers and it is super time consuming. They sided with her, I sent them an e-mail saying how as sellers are we protected against people like this, the item probably didnt fit or they didnt like it! 3. An interesting fact that my friends have pointed out to me regarding Posh (which is why they will never sell or buy from them): Chances of wanting several items from one closet is rare. The set decorator from Mad Men was one of my favorite buyers. 1. A majority are on here to make a few bucks, etc. We are such a big trailer town food trailers, etc., that Im looking into a resale clothes trailer!!! Using the site I bought a whole bunch of stuff that was just fun and tempting to get and so inexpensive made me wonder about how the girls did that it seem to take so much time. Posh approved her case and the bag came back to me ripped to prove her case and support her photos. So Im not inexperienced in customer service or shipping logistics. I tore the sealed package and took the pictures of the leggings for her. The order was delivered and accepted. Just seems ebay and others do not protect sellers yet they make the money from us! Regarding Poshmark: Ive been considering finding a new platform for sales. Hi! For example, (real experience; comment section): Buyer name (myself): dhampyre Thanks. Seller messaged me an hour after item was delivered asking for me to accept it. Ive only had one person open a claim and Poshmark denied it. So she picked item not as described. So then I would have to lower my prices to make up for the exorbitant shipping. I am bit reluctant on these fees for posh foe just pointing the shipping label (shipping is still paid by buyer or seller). If you get it sent back video tape the moment you grab the package and open it and see whats in there. Ive had a positive experience it just seems stuff doesnt sell that much. By the way, my real name is Ann. It truly has the worst customer service in the industry, hands down. I hope you keep us posted on what happens. Oh and I too found a LOT of creepy fetish guys on there preying on sellers also nothing done by Posh. I had my absolute last straw with them tonight. Ive been called names plenty. I was just curious, what was the best way to post an move all your items listed to your new online store? Since then, I have SO many new followers everyday. Depression doesnt even cover how I feel. I am so frustratedfor $20! But dont share *too* much. Are your items allowed on poshmark? Ive been on since Nov 2016 as a buyer then started listing in May to Sell. Ill definitely look into Tradesy, DePop, etc., but think a class-action lawsuit against Poshmark will prove the point quite nicely. There are other options besides Poshmark, like Tradesy and even eBay that arent quite as time consuming. Everyone needs to check their monthly reports. My website is registered, and I have the bare bones in place but need to finalize my website and get some items listed. I see many closets where you know the item was sold on a different site. Can someone help me? Remember it all probably started because youd rather have the cash than just donate it, so consider it a bonus. ; . She has no listings. I find myself having these same issues. For everything else, I use resale stores like Beacons Closet, Buffalo Exchange, Crossroads. THANK YOU for this helpful info. In fact, Im setting up my Shopify store as we speak and doing some research and thats how I came across your article. It was a pinup dress. Now I think they are one of the WORST online selling sites. I may have to explore some other options. You can change your password directly through your Poshmark account. As sellers we put allot of effort into the app. My sales were good and I was getting 5 stars. I have been selling for five months. What I found was constant ranting about cases being opened, lowballs. Its not even a review. I just deleted all my listings and uninstalled the appIm taking a break and will see if I return. I bought a pair of CL so Kate 120m asked the seller normal questions but one shoe in the picture looked bigger so I further inquired and the seller said oh its probably just the angle so I offered 3 x before she finally accepted and then I get them and it took a few strolls around my living room to realize that these heel heights were not the same !!! Trust me, if you dont share your items, your 333,000 followers are not going to go in your closet and make an offer or BUY IT NOW. They buyer opened a claim one day after delivery stating the bag is fake because she checked wiki and it the bag doesnt match what they say defines an authentic bag. 2. They gave me a 30 credit (it was a several thousand dollar jacket) but at least I received a reply. Also, I had to raise my prices to make up for the fees so I couldnt really entertain offers. I also have an ebay store. Under Reason #3; if I cant offer a fair price for something I wouldnt bother insulting people with lowball bs. I ask Mercari to remove the review as they were made up of lies and showed them the proof that my descriptions were honest. Agree with you completely! Companies like Gilt Groupe, that affected us, and things like Zulily going from $4 billion to $1 billion, said Chandra when asked about the investor perception of e-commerce companies. NOT GOOD. Did you have pay a ton of money on SEO? Im assuming (based on other social platforms) if you fly under the radar long enough things will go back to normal. The rest of my experience so far has been good, and Ive found some great pieces, but this makes me think I need to stick to eBay and The Real Real, whose customer service is flawless. I even take photos of distressed details on jeans, even though that is the design. $87 $118. I havent sold or purchased anything on there for at least a year now. I strive to be a seller that is honest and that people dont have to worry about buying from. Poshmark never read my emails. This post is a real eye opener and should be shared as a fair warning to all. It was just a $6 boys shirt. I have photographic proof of how my item was sent and told them I will file with AMEX since they will protect my resale of this bag that I purchased using their card. Poshmark share jail is a way for Poshmark to keep bad-actors off the platform. The next low rating was a similar situation. I guess if you get all your items for a $1.00 its worth it. NWT Renuar Relaxed Turtleneck Sweater Black Combo with Stripes. It looks like they just bumped the shipping to $6.95. Hi Nicole! PS: When I first started on PM, customer service was good. I only once had an issue and thank God it was resolved on my favor. The bag is 100% authentic and I have a receipt. I just feel so cheated as I am getting back something damaged. I live in the real world. Ebay on the other hand is more customer base than seller base. Well today, for the first time, I received an email from Posh stating that a case had been opened against me. But I understand.d Im not thrilled with the cut that Poshmark wants, or with all the click the following button. If the buyer doesnt like what they got, they return it to Tradesy and Tradesy resells it, so there is a lot more seller protection there. Too much creepy stuff going on with technology. what else would i do ? ) Well I am glad I came across this blog and disappointed in POSH. Ok, I get it. After the parties are over, check out the different trends within each party to shop for curated selections of items shared to that party. If its used whatever you get is a profit. I just started using Poshmark. Best wishes to you all, and thanks for listing great items. Whats really unfortunate about these subreddits is that theres no option for a critical discussion that cuts to the heart of the matter, which is that Poshmark is a really poorly run business. Im sorry this is happening to you and sorry about your father. Im both an active buyer and active seller on Posh. I recently sold a Chloe Marcie Bag and after I sold it, it got shipped to them to authenticate. (Ive also sold numerous items on Craigslist, but thats a totally different business model.) So I said in my listing, fits like a medium. Oh and I also gave the buyer as a gift, a cute little Packers mini piggy bank AND a small lot of other Packers items I had for sale that she admired. Usually I would just accept the return and avoid an unhappy buyer. The feature is abused 99% of the time by jealous nitwits who want to close down competition or ignorant fools who think they know authentic goods when they havent the first clue. Reason #3. Did you find the transition difficult? I completely agree! Therefore if you wanted 10 items from 10 different closets, you will be paying over $60 in shipping costs!! Bundle & Save! She says in her complaint, I wear a small and this does not fit like a medium I want a refund on this shirt. Seriously? Theres a lot of room for improvement. It was good to get away for a month vacation and I am hoping to change my reselling strategy. I accepted her offer because the stuff was used, but still in good condition. The seller has just as much to lose as the buyer. She also has comments from other poshmark accounts calling her out on being a bad seller and harassing them to which she responds by calling them names like whore and piece of shit. Its crazy and again poshmark does nothing. With no sharing, following, or any kind of maintenance at all. Not strictly a safe assumption. You would know if that happened. Today a buyer seriously lowballed me and i snapped, i told her for the offer i would rather keep them. I think Ive had the worst experience on poshmark yet. Tell me, how can one judge a black polyester dusty bag with Chanel silk screened On it, real or fake?! Nothing bad. Your stuff looks real nice. For instance, I pumped out 5386 shares in a single party once. By facilitating these scams, Poshmark itself is condoning this type of criminal activityyes, thats what it isand these buyers know it. I use to have an IG store but then you get shady people there filing a charge back 40 days later. I then tried to find some way, specifically SOME ONE who could assist me as to who to notify that will take immediate action. Also until I learned how to use the closet and the bundle features I was getting discounted prices all over the place when I didnt want to ask for prices so I learned how to just click and buy it instead of bundling it. I clearly stated in my Ive quit Poshmark, too. LeAnn! A crazy lady has been harassing me for over a week and I realized all the things you describe. I feel trapped! Posh will also examine the pics you posted online and the description. ago. Thank you for making me feel I was not alone. Amen. Im beginning to think it would just be easier to delete it. Now I am trying to decide which way to go. My Inventory ReportDid you know that Poshmark has an inventory management tool made just for you? Not just for the brilliant content rich posts but also read the comments!!! Thank you . The 20% is way to high. & 17.75 oz./525 ml Olaplex No. I am tired of the bad reviews and the complaints have nothing to do with my item. I have had an account for over 15 years with 220 transactions but I never though I would leave Poshmark for ebay. They would rather you contact them via a listing than rate them bad so everyone can see it. Buyers remorse is no reason to lie about an item. A buyer should expect questions. It worked just fine. My rating had fallen to like, 98.5! People want authentic but want to pay $5.00? I couldnt ignore the urge to tell that girl all that I think about those kind of buyers. The only thing you can do is create a business structure and run your online stores just as you will your own shop one day. I dont know if you are familiar with hosting a party on Posh but I messaged them about it and they sent me some form and said your closet has to be compliant, etc., etc. I would recommend starting your own Shopify store or selling on Depop. Is there a way to do this? You arent obligated to share on posh same as you arent obligated to promote your personal site! I dont have a big enough inventory or exposure to go to Shopify to pay their monthly fee. Thx for sharing your story! If the scammers are not monitored by the platform we are selling on, then small online shops are not going to able to have success and the platforms will eventually suffer. Again, thats why I say there is not enough protection for the sellers on Poshmark.