And while Stephen A. Smith's presence on the usually popular program remains one of the biggest factors of its success, the loss of Max Kellerman could prove disastrous. Overall, sports-talk radio is down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which drastically cut the number of Americans commuting to work on a daily basis. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This week, First Take is losing to Get Up and NFL Live, in addition to PTI and ATH: FT: 398k Get Up: 408k NFL Live: 413k ATH: 469k PTI: 652k Bobby Burack (@burackbobby_) September 24, 2021 Nico Martinez is a credentialed writer covering the NBA for Fadeaway World. The duo worked in New York and will get a run on the national stage. Max Kellerman was born in New York City, New York, in the United States, on August 6, 1973. It wasn't really about asking him to be off the show, it was about the fact that I knew that we, together -- as far as I was concerned -- was not a great partnership anymore and that was something that needed to change.". Max Kellerman (born August 6, 1973) is an American sports television personality and boxing commentator. Stephen A. Smith kicked Kellerman off the show and bragged about it. First Takesaudience has grown in five of the last six months as Smith and Kellerman roll along their ESPN tenures on separate roads. You saw an energized, rejuvenated Stephen A. coming back and he came back on a day where the Cowboys lost.". Bobby Burack covers media, politics, and sports at OutKick. I was in my car the other day and accidentally listened to Bart Scott and lol, bad. On Thursday, ESPN announced that, beginning on Sept. 14, Max Kellerman will host a live, one-hour show called This Just In on the network each afternoon. He's hosted the eponymous "Max Kellerman Show" on ESPN Radio since 2020. Before, Max served as a co-host of ESPN talk show First Take with Stephen A. Smith and Molly Qerim. Ratings Of Stephen A Smiths First Take Absolutely Plummet After Removal Of Nolan Smith, A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN, Ran A 4.39 40-Yard Dash At The NFL Combine, NFL Teams Concerned With Top QB Prospect Will Levis Deathly Fear Of Milk That Impedes Daily Tasks, Defensive Lineman Adetomiwa Adebawore Runs Absolutely Insane 4.5 40-Yard Dash At 280 Pounds, Cardinals Flunk NFLPA Report Card, Reveals Players Have To Pay For Their Own Dinner At Facility, NFLPA Releases First Ever Report Cards For All 32 NFL Teams After Surveying Every Player In League, QB Bryce Young Looks Tiny Standing Next To Other Players Walking Into NFL Combine, NFL Insider Ian Rapoport Admits Hes Sick Of Covering The Aaron Rodgers Situation, REPORT: Chiefs Emerge As Team To Watch In Potential Trade For DeAndre Hopkins, C.J. We found out this week that Cain would be making his eventual exit from ESPN and heading to FOX news, but it appears that one of his co-workers had a part in him being gone. That's nice, but are the viewers as excited as Smith? When Kendrick Perkins is doing any broadcast work for ESPN, he takes his role as an analyst in a serious way because he wants to make sure he does everything he can possibly do in his post-playing career as more opportunities have opened up for him. Keyshawn is ok, buy not fans of the other guys. I appreciate what he did for the show. On Tuesday, Sept. 14, ESPN will premiere This Just In hosted by Max Kellerman at 2 p.m. Now it is like the Tonight Show and just designed it to get as many youtube clips as possible. struggled. The early ratings say otherwise. Gardner Johnson Rips Ex-Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon Over Super Bowl Gameplan In Since Deleted Tweet. Kellermans new program, This Just In, will debut September 14 at 2 p.m., and offer news, opinion and analysis of trending sports headlines as well as looking ahead at potential sports news from the evening ahead. First Take has been a hit show on ESPN for a number of years. Here Are The Winners of the BSM Summit California College Contest & Secret Email Contest, Mason & Ireland, Petros & Money to Share The Stage at the 2023 BSM Summit, WWEs Shawn Michaels to Discuss Talent Development at the 2023 BSM Summit, Joe DAngelo of Xperi, Larry Rosin of Edison Research to Host Sessions at the 2023 BSM Summit, FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer to Receive The Champions Award at the 2023 BSM Summit, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Stations of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Mid Market Sports Radio Stations of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Program Directors of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Mid Market Sports Radio Program Directors of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Afternoon Shows of 2022, Meet The Market Managers: Vinny DiMarco, Good Karma Brands New York, Meet The Market Manager: Mark Glynn, iHeartMedia Seattle, Meet The Market Managers: Jay Davis, Cumulus Media Oklahoma City, Meet the Market Managers: Steve Wexler, Good Karma Brands Milwaukee, Meet The Market Managers: Michael Spacciapolli, Audacy Pittsburgh, Jason Barrett Podcast: Fred Jacobs, Jacobs Media, Jason Barrett Podcast: Matthew Berry, NBC Sports, Jason Barrett Podcast: Jeff Smulyan, Never Ride a Roller Coaster Upside Down, Jason Barrett Podcast: Damon Bruce, 95.7 The Game, Jason Barrett Podcast: Rich Eisen, NFL Network, Seller to Seller: Cody Welling, Cox Media Group, Seller to Seller: Adam Shifrin, Westwood One, Seller to Seller: Don Ricker, DR & Associates, Seller to Seller: Larry Rosin, Edison Research, Sports Talkers Podcast Jason Benetti, FOX, Sports Talkers Podcast Kenny Mayne, Hey Mayne, Evan Roberts: I Thought Tom Brady Standup Comedy Report Was From Ballsack Sports, University of Minnesota Signs New Deal With iHeartMedia Minneapolis, Rich Eisen Wants to Be on NFL Competition Committee, SacTown Sports 1140 Adds San Francisco 49ers, Dean Blandino: NFL Could Win Over Skeptical Fans With XFL Replay Transparency, Boston Celtics Voice Mike Gorman Explains Recent Health Scare, Reason For Eye Patch, MSG Networks Launching Streaming Service This Summer, Kendrick Perkins: My Broadcasting Career Can Be Better Than My NBA Career, ESPN Gives Burke Magnus, Rosalyn Durant New Executive Duties, MLB Staffs Newly Launched Local Media Department, Ahmad Rashad Hosting Interview Series on NBA App, KFC: Barstool New York Office Will Evolve Into Comedy Production Powerhouse, Rob Parkers MLBBro Partnering With Major League Baseball, 6 NBA Franchises Launching Podcasts With iHeartMedia, Pat McAfee Officially Served Court Filing By Brett Favre, Smith confirmed that he and Kellerman lost their chemistry together, as the rolling slate of debaters brings the juice back toFirst Take.. I disagree on who they are trying to attract with those lineups. This just in: Max Kellerman will be coming at you afternoons on ESPN via his new show, titled "This Just In," which premieres Tuesday at 2 p.m. We knew Kellerman, who recently left ESPN's. The tragedy built compartments . Its not 25-54 year olds. We were number one for five years. October represents the shows best month since Jan. 2020. ESPN said Cains radio show increased 18% year-over-year, saw triple-digit percentage audience growth on terrestrial radio for the quarter, and a 20% audience increase across platforms for December 2019. Enjoys the NFL, College Football and volunteers at a dog rescue in his spare time. Hes been at the forefront of First Take, has been placed in front of the camera on a number of ESPN-related shows and events, and hes stood out to become the face of a network that seemingly possessed a very large number of impressive on-air talent in the past. by You are agreeing to OutKick's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, but don't worry we don't spam. Lets get that out the way. He is the host of This Just In with Max Kellerman and the co-host of Keyshawn, JWill and Max on ESPN Radio.He previously was a co-host of ESPN talk show First Take alongside Stephen A. Smith and Molly Qerim.He also previously was the co-host of the sports radio talk show Max & Marcellus . A . In October, @FirstTake saw continued viewership growth with the show's highest monthly average since January 2020More: https://t.co/k7O3Afo2m4 pic.twitter.com/o0RpHQ8llD. they are playing to the crowd that makes noise. The Disney-backed sports-news outlet expects to infuse some elements of Questionable into Debatable, a new digital series slated to launch October 4. Im like how can I put this into this game or put this into what Im about to breakdown and I started taking these bars and putting them into my vocabulary. Greenberg works on national radio and now appears during the morning drive on the West Coast. SOLD FEB 16, 2023. The duo worked in New York and will get a run on the national stage. We dont have a bad relationship. Max Kellerman, the inferior half of ESPN's windbag duo on First Take, has some thoughts about the rioting in cities. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800-GAMBLER. View more recently sold homes. Again, I do not agree with Kellerman and his politics at all (spent 1 segment a few months ago talking about how white people owe reparations blah blah blah), but at least he has actual radio talent. Stephen A. Smith set the record straight about co-host Max Kellermans exit from ESPNs First Take in a revealing interview onHot 97. No sh*t! Get the Daily OutKick and get smarter every day. The show stinks now. Afternoon radio isnt hard to figure out. In the tweet below from Bobby Burback, you can see that First Take went from being one of. Yeah what upside does that have? The 48-year-old Kellerman was never the star-studded co-debater Skip Bayless was, and First Take as a whole lost its luster as a result. by They resolve NOTHING, they are just debating all day long, just like pretty much every other show on ESPN these days. Stephen A. Smith clearly has great power within the ESPN network. Questions still remain about the rest of the new lineup. Bobby Burack That just gave me more fuel to continue to be myself.. Clark thought that Bryant deserved a better spot in the rankings, but Kellerman predictably took the contrarian role and didn't think Kobe deserved to be amongst the decade's top 15 players at. CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - FEBRUARY 14: Head coach Stephen A. Smith of Team Stephen A. looks on before the 2020 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game Presented By Ruffles at Wintrust Arena on February 14, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois. Its too early to judge Bart and Hahn, the 12-2 show. and just like Stephen A, has had numerous beefs with . Kellerman has a marquee name and a strong following in Los Angeles. Yes, Scream VI Marketing Is Behind the Creepy Ghostface Sightings Causing Scares Across the U.S. David Oyelowo, Taylor Sheridan's 'Bass Reeves' Series at Paramount+ Casts King Richard Star Demi Singleton (EXCLUSIVE), Star Trek: Discovery to End With Season 5, Paramount+ Pushes Premiere to 2024. He is also an active podcaster with an interest in pursuing a career in sports media. 3 Beds. The show has continued to grow an expansive, dedicated following since its ESPN platform debut in 2011. Max Kellerman's time alongside Stephen A. Smith is apparently coming to an end. Keyshawn, JWill & Max ESPN Sports 3.8 480 Ratings MAR 3, 2023 Hour 4: Snow in LA Hour 4: Snow in LA Key's kids left their garage door open and he's mad about the snow in LA. Michael Irvin made his energetic debut for a weekly spot on Monday and Tim Tebow will join Smith on Fridays. Weve always understood where we stand with each other. Kellerman has a marquee name and a strong following in Los Angeles. 2023 Variety Media, LLC. After Kellerman's exit, ESPN's Pardon the Interruption is now leading the ratings by a huge margin. ESPN said it would place sports host Max Kellerman in a new mid-afternoon program after taking him off the popular hot-talk show First Take last month, unveiling a daytime schedule it hopes will keep viewers interested for a longer period of time. Gambling related content is not intended for anyone under the age of 21. The Lives Of The World's Rich & Powerful . This amount is from his extensive career as a journalist among other investments. Max Kellerman's New ESPN Show, 'This Just In,' to Debut Sept. 14 By Brian Steinberg Courtesy of ESPN ESPN said it would place sports host Max Kellerman in a new mid-afternoon program after. with Terrell taking Max Kellerman's side of the argument. Max Kellerman and Stephen A. Smith . Max Kellerman joked about his infamous Tom Brady 'cliff' prediction Morning Sports Update Max Kellerman joked about his infamous 2016 prediction that Tom Brady would 'fall off a cliff'. (Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty Images). Since its premiere, THIS JUST IN is up +26% compared to the same time slot on ESPN last year. Russ can be found on Twitter @RussHeltman11 or you can reach him by email at Heltmandm@yahoo.com. ESPN detailed its 8% rise in the 2019 fall book, showing the. In addition to giving the people what they want and breaking down sports and pop culture as only they can, the duo will also continue to welcome some of the top names across sports and entertainment. Kellerman is slated to be joined by several of ESPNs sports insiders and analysts each day. Sunday at 10:46 AM. First Take is one of the highest-rated ESPN shows,. The move signaled ESPNs desire to push Smith into the spotlight more, a plan thats been going on for a few weeks now by the way of Smith being the only consistent face on the show along with a varying number of guests co-hosts. Sources speculated Kellerman could also join the morning radio show, "Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin," with Keyshawn Johnson, Jay Williams and Zubin Mehenti. Be honest with yourself. Subscribe to ESPN+ http://espnplus.com/youtube Get the ESPN App: http://. Earlier on, Smith explained that him and Kellerman tape 15 segments a day, 75 segments a week, [and] over 3,000 takes a year and he said he believed the audience apparently noticed their chemistry had fizzled. He is a writer and producer, known for Rocky Balboa (2006), Creed II (2018) and Creed (2015). The main reason ESPN radio is failing is that the personalities are either bland (because theyd get fired if they deviate from wrongthink) or are woke. However, his strong focus on Los Angeles and New York hurts the interest in his show in smaller markets. A brief review: In July of 2016, Kellerman said Brady was "just about done, that he was "going to fall off a cliff," and that he would "be a bum in short order." Brady set an NFL record for TD-to . The live, one-hour show will provide all the latest news, opinion and analysis on the day's trending and under-the-radar afternoon headlines and look ahead at potential news-making moments that evening. Everything is going to work out, though. Reach him at garrettsearight@gmail.com. Ricky Keeler is a reporter for BSM with a primary focus on sports media podcasts and national personalities. In this career, Im fortunate to be here. Max Kellerman's Wife and Family. To Boot Off Max Kellerman, Jake Gyllenhaal Looks Ready For A PED Test Ahead Of Role As Fictional UFC Fighter In Road House Remake, Mike Brey Ready For Something New As He Steps Away From Notre Dame After 23 Years, Rick Carlisles Character On Display As Pacers Honor Late Indiana Media Legend David Benner With Cool Gesture. Garrett Searight is the Editor of Barrett Sports Media and Barrett News Media. He wanted to end his on-air relationship with Max Kellerman and the Worldwide Leader obliged without much of a fight. Recently, however, the show has gone through a bit of change, but not without the controversy that followed due to the change that took place. Squeaky wheel get the grease. Chiney and Golic Jr. are not any better either. I think hes a real good guy. Bobby Burack Kellerman now assumes a larger role in the ESPN radio lineup, cohosting the morning drive time with Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams. The only thing we know for certain is that Stephen A. himself apparently played a strong part in the decision. This news comes only weeks after word . Some nice early signs on the studio show front. Questions still remain about the rest of the new lineup. 1 min read. Its tasked with filling two hours of the, to replace that shows reach, interest, or unique approach. Through the start of the 2023 season, some of the stars of the first season are already making moves. Max Kellerman reacts to the New York Giants after Week 17 of the 2021 NFL season. Where Is Max Kellerman. I stopped listening as soon as Le Batard left the air (was my only reason for listening). The live, one-hour show will provide all the latest news, opinion and analysis on the days trending and under-the-radar afternoon headlines and look ahead at potential news-making moments that evening. (4-7 p.m.) is in a tough spot. Were also excited to offer even more selection for fans in the afternoon with new episodes of Jalen & Jacoby regularly one of our top downloaded podcasts remaining available on TV every weekday on ESPN2 and the launch of a new digital-exclusive show, Debatable.. Chiney Ogwumikes growth, however, is a positive. Boston Celtics television voice Mike Gorman was curiously donning an eye patch during a recent broadcast, and he has now explained the situation that led to it being necessary. I thought more people home meant more people listening. They tested me for about two or three hours. ESPN was foolish to move on from Mike Golic Sr. As mentioned in the trailer thread, it looks like Joseph Shirley (Tenet, The Book of Boba Fett) is set as composer for Creed III, replacing Ludwig Gransson from the first two. A network that already lacks likable personalities chose to lose one of the few who still remained. Read Next: Publicists Rachel Karten and Lindsay Krug Launch Origin Public Relations (EXCLUSIVE), Spin Master, Netflix Bet on Unicorn Academy Kids Adventure Series Through 2025, David Westin to Focus on Wall Street Week at Bloomberg TV As Balance of Power Moves to Washington, ESPN Chief Pitaros Executive Shuffle Puts Burke Magnus Over Content, Rosalyn Durant Over Sports Rights, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan Actor, Dies at 61, New Alien Movie Starts Filming in March, Reveals Cryptic Synopsis and Full Cast, Jonathan Majors Confronts Those Terrible Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Reviews: It Doesnt Change How I See Myself, Reality TV Star Stephen Bear Jailed for 21 Months Over OnlyFans Sex Video, Michelle Yeoh Says Hollywood Questioned If I Even Spoke English After 1997 Bond Film: I Didnt Work for Two Years Due to Stereotype, Why Sylvester Stallone Is Not in 'Creed 3', Idris Elba Says Backlash Over Not Calling Himself a Black Actor Is Stupid: Where Am I Denying My Blackness?, Ke Huy Quan Lost His Health Insurance Right After Filming Everything Everywhere All at Once: Nobody Else Wanted to Hire Me, 21 Best Movies New to Streaming in March: Murder Mystery 2, Triangle of Sadness and More, Netflix's Joey Sasso Explains Where His Relationship With Kariselle Snow Stands After 'Perfect Match, Britain's $4 Billion Boss: ITV Chief Carolyn McCall Bets It All on Talent, 2023 Music Festivals: How to Buy Tickets to Coachella, Governors Ball, Lollapalooza and More.