And even if you put in heaps of effort, How can you be sure unless you have another PIECE? Miracle! My daddy says I'm his special little soldier. It's out of the question. Your eyes are like the ocean; I could swim in them all day. CHILDREN Oops! Just get on your feet, Jenny. . Hat seems to be, er . He did what you asked. She'll call a truce, Bruce. You're the only daughter I ever had, Matilda. If I were a cat I'd spend all 9 lives with you. 8. Very supple. Oh, my lovely hair! Marvellous. Oh, my head! That is a promise. MISS TRUNCHBULL I didn't go to college. The chances of existence almost infinitely small. See more ideas about pick up lines funny, pick up lines cheesy, pick up lines. in . BRUCE wilts by the desk. You oughtn't blame yourself now, come along. Mum says I'm a good case for population control. Hanging down by your ears. MRS WORMWOOD walks out from behind the curtain, heavily pregnant. The tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting. Are you ready to get STICKY with MICKEY? "I have paid for the posters, publicity, the catering, the toilet facilities. It was the biggest burp I had ever done. They performed some of the most incredible feats together anyone has ever seen. Zinnia Wormwood: To the rules. MISS TRUNCHBULL BIG KIDS They were written that way: No one like a smart-mouthed girl like me. MRS PHELPS MISS TRUNCHBULL It is, is it? I can! One can hardly move for beauty and brilliance these days. Not dressed in hospital cotton, [loses it, to Matilda] Ahh! four hundred and eighty-seven. Being funny or clever can also help your chances of success. You don't let me talk to people! Cat in the Hat! Dad too. Boys and girls! What's the matter, Bogtrotter? She rented it from this lovely rhubarb farmer for just $50 a month, and she covered it in honeysuckle, and she planted hundreds of wildflowers, and she moved out of her wicked aunt's house, and she finally got her freedom. . MISS TRUNCHBULL When she was just two years old, her mother died. Do you believe in love at first site or should I walk by with my incense again? MISS HONEY In all of Hooterville, where there's Hooters supreme, yours are the best of the Hooters I've seen. The scene switches to the Wormwood's living room. As the hammer took off, did I change my grunt Great, big, strong, scary woman she is. I slave all day, and you're entertaining a couple of surfer dude bodybuilders! I don't want another one. School? MISS TRUNCHBULL grimaces as the purple spotlight leaves her. DOCTOR . MISS HONEY, dazed, follows the dance as best she can. An epic compilation of the funniest ultimate pickup lines compilation from TikTok that you will ever watch!For the best TikTok compilations be sure to subscr. Look at these trophies. I'm the best! You liked my cake, didn't you, Bruce? BIG KIDS Trunchbull: Agatha Trunchbull: Agatha Trunchbull: CHILDREN and BIG KIDS appear in the boxes to the upper left and upper right of the stage and sing. Yes. Yes. You have a worm, [Jenny enters Ms. Trunchbull's office and almost get struck by a dart]. [everyone in the room except Miss Trunchbull and Miss Honey join in]. ALICE and HORTENSIA So she's learned a few tricks. [to MRS WORMWOOD] Would you please shut up? . Lights up. She seems not to know that she's special at all. "It is where the loneliness of life has led us.". MISS TRUNCHBULL [She takes a mirror from the armchair.] [he, Zinnia, and Mikey glance at the paper, then at Matilda] OLDER KIDS Jenny: She stands paralyzed in fear. Tess of the D'urbervilles . Are you smoking a cigarette? And I will Teach you a thing or two. A single slice, The seed of a war in the creak of a floorboard. What's this? That I'm as tiny and as shiny as a mirror ball. This is one of the most beautiful children I've ever seen. [She wraps her hands around MATILDA.] The subsequent fall was inevitable. If you want to throw the hammer for your country, BRUCE Okay, my boy, heir to the throne, today we diddle the customer. A brand new human being! Oh, no, you are not "full". All grown-ups get scared, just like children. [TV Version] Yes, Miss Trunchbull, please, you can! . We'll wait until she's gone, then we'll go get your doll. And so you think you're A-ble Ah-ah-aah-ah MISS TRUNCHBULL It must be wonderful for a child to be so wanted. You've not got the spine. What are you talking about? [after smashing the entire cake platter over Bruce Bogtrotter's head, causing the children to stop cheering] A storm can begin with the flap of a wing. The table stops and the hands hit the ground. Past Lavender. They will probably say: "Yuck!" 3. You have just made a very big mistake. I'm not hinting, but if you did happen to have a story you wanted . 'Cause you've gotta highlight what you got. "Come with me, and I'll show you why it's called the Shrieking Shack.". Ten times two is twenty. All I can say is, thank heavens Michael has inherited his old man's brains, eh, son? They are all dressed in costume: Eric as Batman, Tommy as the . ], MISS HONEY Amanda Thripp: In . Miracle! If you don't, I will get you. The stage goes black. You gotta be loud! He's going to blow. "We have everything that the world has to offer," said the wife. MRS WORMWOOD No one is as handsome, strong as me. pregnant! LAVENDER puts the wooden spoon back in his hand. 1. And she keeps trying to tell me stories, Harry. You have to force the little squits to toe the line! I want to be in school. Of course they didn't believe me: I've got green hair! It's sweet and romantic, and it's doubtful she'll be able to resist your charm. Did you see all those packages outside? You see, the Trunchbull's cake was so good that I'd scoffed it down too quick, and now it was beginning to fight back. [on the phone, yells] The BIG KIDS and CHILDREN scurry away. MATILDAThe moved into a beautiful old house at the edge of town, and in the evenings, they would walk and take the air. 125 Best Tinder & Bumble Pick Up Lines That Are Funny, Cute and Totally Flirty Up your online dating game with these sweet one-liners. [speaking to Matilda about her and her father] Oh, you stupid man. FBI Agent Bob: You're just wasting energy, MISS HONEY. Yes, yes. MISS TRUNCHBULL MR WORMWOOD exits while MATILDA runs into her bedroom, flings the door open, and climbs onto her bookshelf. You gotta be loud! Each newborn life a canvas yet unpainted, MISS HONEY It's not mine! And honestly, I was really, definitely, sort of, almost thinking about owning up. He got a C on his report! You have brats yourself? And good luck with the Tolstoy. The fibers fused to my hair! She opens a book. I mean, it's just not normal for a girl to be all . Just knock on the door. Oh, yeah? She's probably having a meeting or something and won't want to be interrupted. They're individual! | Matilda: SHUT UP AND LEAVE US ALONE! Agatha Trunchbull: FBI Agent Bob: The secret to my success is this. MISS HONEY hurries to pull the cap from NIGEL's mouth. ESCAPOLOGIST [off-stage] Try to be funny, or clever, or both! We never thought it was possible, . MR WORMWOODOh, this is thick! COUPLE 1 A poem? I am trying to pull off the biggest business deal of my life and I have to listen to this. No one's gonna tell you when to shake your tush. . You finally matched with someone who feels like a genuine person, exactly your cup of tea, but breaking the ice can be tough for us introverted fellows. To survive this mess by being a prince or a princess. Yes, Miss Trunchbull! Matilda: . Do I allow pigs in my school? BRUCE turns around and burps for a full ten seconds. Like you, I was curious, Harry Wormwood: Yes, wonderful. ? [noticing her books] That kids like me should be against the law. The most common thing in life is life . Did I let myself go. You? What? Can you service me? No one's going to look if you don't stand out. Miss Honey taught us how to spell a long word yesterday. It's Miss Honey. Bambinatum! So they say. 6. I have a nice house, a wonderful husband and you are slaving away teaching snot-nosed children their ABCs. I didn't do it. Harry Wormwood: [She holds her hand out to MATILDA, who takes it.] At night, they listened to the silence of their big, empty house, and they would imagine how beautiful it would be if it was filled with the sound of a child playing. Ever since the day doc chopped the umbilical cord, Good morning, children! And worst of all, when the girl was five, her father died. [hands the car drill to Mikey, then walks to Matilda] But she is a squib. . Do you need a sin for your next confession? To fetch a pail of water. She is clearly more emotionally developed than her peers. And each night, the children of the town would wait in anticipation, hoping for a glimpse of the shiny white scarf that the acrobat always wore, for then they knew that they had only to cry, "Tricks! It's time you learned the family business. You don't use sympathy or tenderness. What're they going to do, repossess the kid? When I grow up . Stop me when this becomes true, but once upon a time, you and I went on a date. Nicholas Nickleby . My daddy says I'm his special little . Is your nickname glucose? MATILDA Mr. Wormwood: DOCTOR Why would you want green hair? I didn't, I was on the garage roof. MATILDA MRS PHELPS It seems that there are millions of these "one in a millions" these days. She's going to be your teacher. I sold it for $2,269. Cute pick-up lines can help you get past the awkwardness of meeting someone for the first time. MISS HONEY MRS WORMWOOD and RUDOLPHO You'd better hide! Miss Trunchbull, Matilda Wormwood is a genius! Did you hear what we said? Now, that is how you do it! in my opinion, this little girl should be placed in the top form with the eleven-year-olds! Trunchbull: We all get carried away sometimes. . Dinners don't microwave themselves, you know! MISS HONEY And do you tell them lots of stories like you do with me? Used to compete in the Olympics, throwing the hammer! MRS PHELPS retreats to the smaller block and sits down. Give my little bumblebee her house and her money. If you're being smart with me, young lady, you're going to be punished. Everything was arranged by [She pulls her coat over her head to simulate a hunchback, and grabs a large book.] Yes, I know what caveat emptor means, you lowlife liar! [She murmurs along to the music.] I am FULLwhen and onlywhen the Headmistress says I am FULL. What do you want a book for? . [her car has broken down] Harry Wormwood: . Okay. I thought grown-ups weren't afraid of anything. You make money? Harry Wormwood: Oh no, Headmistress. This living 'eLl. I think you'll want your trousers loose. MISS HONEY That's not normal for a five-year-old. You have to stay inside the circle . Mrs Wormwood, do you really have no idea? After your first day of school! Two, three, four! google_color_bg="EDC7C2"; 1. Others take a less emotional approach. Oh, it will only take a moment. MATILDA This one was mine. Miss Honey: [She takes MATILDA by the wrist and leads her to ERIC's desk.] Six times two is twelve. Like you, I was (Q) curious, Mrs Wormwood, I want you to think very carefully. NIGEL [walks into the dining room and looks in the mirror] 'Cause your life as you know it is ancient history. To stand up and be proud! She starts the video screens playing again. Two, three, four. AMANDA and ERIC off to prison you both shall go!". I didn't do anything! Sign in|Recent Site Activity|Report Abuse|Print Page|Powered By Google Sites. If you sit around and let them get on top, you A boy with no fingie? Come on, Bruce, be our hero. Pokemon Pick Up Lines. Look, am I fat? Matilda: They sits and unpack their bags. 'Cause if you're little, you can do a lot. [to Michael] No one's gonna tell you when to wiggle your bumba. But the girl's aunt was a mean person, who treated the girl very badly. Mr Wormwood! Extra strong. More than one. It's just pathetic. [interrupting] ], MISS HONEY Bruce! Who is this, babe? Hmm. MATILDA Harry Wormwood: . It was like the entire world went silent for that ;)Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to our. BIG KIDS and CHILDREN MATILDA Agatha Trunchbull: Harry Wormwood: stream I think they just fit. 28 of the best book quotes from Matilda. | . Harry Wormwood: Just knock on the door . I need a car, inexpensive but reliable. He screams and turns around, hitting ERIC's cap against ERIC's desk. CHILDREN Sometimes Matilda longed for a friend, like the kind, courageous people in her books. What are you looking at? endobj When I grow up, (When I grow up, when I grow up) I will be strong enough to carry all The heavy things you have to haul Around with you When you're a grown up And when I grow up, But learning a language is over the top . What a pleasure to see you. But unleSs you want to suffer, listen up The DOCTOR and the CHILDREN sing into their stethoscopes. As long as you enjoyed the cake. endobj The gate rolls away. I'll have her for that. Miss Honey: Well, I'll pay you back, young lady. I'll tell you something. You have got to be You're supposed to be teaching SPELLING, not poetry! [He sits down in a zen position.]. He surely can't! Mrs. Wormwood: You can be all cynical, The vanity rises again, signifying morning. . Then after several seconds, he picks it up and returns to the cake with renewed vigour. It's just a door. Matilda: 100 Best Pickup Lines for Girls That Actually Work | by Qasim Adam | ILLUMINATION | Medium 500 Apologies, but something went wrong on our end. Not even when the hammer left my hands Won't change a thing. COUPLE 2 Chew your food; you're an animal! Go on. Like Romeo and Juliet, Agatha Trunchbull: My school is a model of discipline! MATILDA's classmates enter hesitantly from the front of the stage. MISS TRUNCHBULL carries the ribbon back to her desk and sits down. People don't like smarty-pants what go 'round MATILDA's brother, MICHAEL, lies lazily on a recliner. Spangly ribbons are strung across the stage. All grown-ups get scared, just like children. I hope you've enjoyed these lines and had a laugh! A celebration of all the wonderful green things in the world, like, er, oh, like lettuce, and snot. But I think it's good for grown-ups to have their own space. Matilda: Most parents believe their children are the most beautiful creatures ever to grace the planet. Two times two is four. Kim . <>/ExtGState<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Every new life COUPLE 3 A little less flat, a lot more heel. I might have known. MR WORMWOOD Babies! A baby, Mrs Wormwood. These are the best hilarious pick up lines we've got, so if you can manage a decent delivery, you've got great odds you'll have her smirking, smiling, laughing, and eager to get closer. A fool? Mind? Don't hide it under a bushel. Do all those brains in your head give you a headache? I'm not crying because it's sad. Oliver Twist . Stand back, son! I'm sure you'd , MR WORMWOOD google_ad_height=90; Yes, please. The scene changes to the Wormwood's living room. Agatha Trunchbull: . Maybe I shouldn't tell you any more. I'm gonna take that no-good jalopy you sold me and shove it up your bazooga! But that's not fair! But here it is, coming true: Jun 15, 2018 - Explore Kristin Wichman's board "Matilda quotes" on Pinterest. The world's greatest acrobat! Mr. Wormwood: An exception. Michael: Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. No one's gonna care if you don't care, Me, me, me, me. This miracle . Students: [He brings out a load of cash and starts leafing through it.] I'm telling you, I didn't do it! Someone poured a whole can of syrup onto Trunchbull's chair. <> And I've told her all about you and your smarty-pants ideas. . What a dear! "A contract was signed to perform this feat, and perform this feat you shall! No, Miss Trunchbull. . Get up, get up, get out of here, give me that book. But even you, Bruce, I like a joke as well as the next fat person! [She grabs a baton with a yellow ribbon attached to it and starts twirling to the music.] Do you think I faltered or amended my rotation? Dad said I'd learn the alphabet! MISS HONEY No, it's a library book! Harry Wormwood: Loud, loud, loud, loud! [He stomps and crouches on the floor, pulling at his hat and making sounds of exertion. That I treated the rules with casual disdain? MATILDA It was the biggest burp I had ever heard, the biggest burp I had ever heard about. Jenny: . The alphabet? Once Agatha Trunchbull decides you're guilty, you're , BIG KID [TAMIKA] 1. Harry Wormwood: . WOMAN: She is clearly more emotionally developed than her peers. Harry Wormwood: MRS WORMWOOD MR WORMWOODLook what I've just found! Go on, then! Stuff it in.