The only legal possibility would be to find a provider who would be willing to provide you with a partner card with the name of your brother on it. Lets say you want to rent a car in Germany or abroad. Ive tried several LT cards, UK card, also paypal.. the same problem. cancellation insurance for journeys GiftCard Mastercard or VISA prepaid cards I GiftCards.eu Countless wishes. Yes! As of April 1, 2012, federal regulations made it difficult for gift cards sold within the United States to be used elsewhere. Here are a few of Visa prepaid cards, their fees and loading information: If youre going the prepaid and debit cards route to make purchases abroad, you wont have to deal with credit checks and paying interest. Our award-winning editors and reporters create honest and accurate content to help you make the right financial decisions. No, your virtual prepaid card is not reloadable and cannot be transferred. When it comes to prepaid credit cards in Germany, I couldnt find one card without fees. Usually for me is: the seller asks for how many instalments I want, then he configure the credit card machine with the total amount and the instalments I choose, and thats it, he receives all the money at once from the credit company, I pay in the number of instalments that I choose in that moment. One applies almost always online for the credit card. At some credit cards of Barclaycard, cash withdrawals from ATMs are free of charge and interest-free for weeks. If you ever lose the prepaid card, you can effortlessly lock it from the Spaces app and reorder it. Generally, VISA and Mastercard credit cards are the most widely accepted cards in Germany (apart from debit cards). More and more card readers in the retail business are being changed accordingly. Von Alex / Juni 17, 2022 / debit card, germany. These cookies collect information about how you as a visitor use our website. I was Platinum Business customer in 2012-2013 as a summary Id like to say, what American Express Germany does best, is marketing. See Rewards Program Terms for details and restrictions. The account number under which you can receive money, is with a German bank and starts with DE. You need to activate Javascript and reload this page to be able to comment. A Red Ventures company. In addition to some strong rewards credit cards, Mastercard offers an international prepaid gift card and a prepaid travel card. Get cards from a German store chain, like Saturn, Galleria Kaufhof, Media Markt, or if all else fails, Amazon.de. Use your Mastercard Gift Card in the U.S. everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted, including online. Someone said that I should check the instalments with my bank, because the guy should receive all the amount (of course) and the instalments should be decided between me and my bank, which for me are breaking news. can you tell me which company will offer very high credit limit? American Express only plays a minor role in Germany. A transaction fee of up to 2% will be applied to any payments made outside the U.S. However, paying a high annual fee for this is a waste of money, unless the personal feeling of the customer improves as a result. If you'll be spending a good amount of time in any of those three countries, it may be a good idea to get a Maestro card, but if not, you may not need to. Cash back can be redeemed for statement credit, gift cards, electronic . this post may contain references to products from our partners. Customise your gift with a personal message. Consorsbank Mastercard Apply for Consors Mastercard 5. While shopping online, depending on the product and online store you use, you require a debit or credit card. Thanks in advance! You can also get gift cards. Some merchants may charge a small transaction fee, conversion fee or holding/authorization fee as well. The actual service? There are more than 2,000 banks and even more card models in Germany. Instead of an issuing fee, it has a higher yearly fee. For example, you can buy prepaid card at the gas station. One perfect gift. Now these ones you can register a zipcode. Also, these cards can be reloaded, which means you can simply put more money on the card when needed. These cookies allow us to provide you our service better. Re: Do "gift cards" exist in Germany? From there you'll want to click on the account that your debit card is linked to. These cookies allow us to provide you our service. Think no foreign transaction fees. You can use the PayPal Prepaid Mastercard to eat, drink and shop anywhere Debit Mastercard is accepted. Probably you should check your schufa score. (Germany) ,Mint MasterCard Credit Card and Capital One UK: 5466: Citibank, MBNA & Chase World MasterCard Credit Cards, 5466 04: The reason is that they have to pay a fee for the credit card payments (1% to 3% for Visa and Mastercard). But for the next three years, one does not need to pay and card fees anymore. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions in regards to this topic or if someone would be willing to help me. Whenever we travel to another country outside of the EU eg. While most gift cards can only be used domestically, Mastercard and Visa debit cards, prepaid or otherwise, can usually be used anywhere. We tailor our range of products specifically to the German market, so check in with us regularly to see our quickly growing catalogue for Germany. There are several providers of prepaid credit cards that have an elegant black design. Trick How to get a loan up to 5,000 within 24 hours! You can find this account number on the backside of the MasterCard (at least when you order it via the German language site, like I have done). On site, they allow you to withdraw money from ATMs or serve as security deposits for rentals. Here: Viabuy. However, I do not recommend it. For the first 12 months after account opening, you earn 3% cash back on new net retail purchases (qualifying purchases less credits, returns, and adjustments) until you have spent $20,000 USD or equivalent. Chase Sapphire Reserve. This German credit card has several advantages: No monthly/annual fee. 5,98 euros) +1,75% foreign currency fee on non-euros ATM cash withdrawal 1,75% foreign currency fees no English website for the prepaid card. 8. Hi! American Express is also accepted at major chains, but not at every shop. Advice #2: Loan rejected? The fees are a bit different than with the previous two providers. Advice #5: How to pay lower loan interest than anybody else! Mastercard Black&White Card 2. Ive tried to order N26 or DKB without luck. Credit card accounts and therefore credit card debt exist according to the US-American model in Germany, but they are only offered by a few suppliers and are used accordingly little. 3) miles account. In retail or online shopping, the cards are used to pay for purchases. PPRO Financial Ltd and with that Viabuy have bases in several European states. Hi Sarah! thanks. With Commerzbank, you can choose whether you prefer a Visa or Mastercard prepaid credit card. DKB-Cash Visa Card (2.49 per month) DKB-Cash Visa Card is a serviceable card with lots of optional insurance packages, making it perfect for people who are just getting started with credit cards and want to take the slow approach. This means that the credit line increases automatically, depending on how one exhausts the limit and how punctual one transfers the minimum rate of the monthly credit card statement or recommended in order to not miss the payment date transfer from the current account by direct debit (Lastschrift). A few specific Mastercard gift cards for international use include the following: A considerable number of businesses in Germany do not accept credit cards. Apply successfully for a loan in Germany (being an immigrant)!? Yes, that is a very interesting question! So, whether youre reading an article or a review, you can trust that youre getting credible and dependable information. Through the current account, the bank knows the creditworthiness (Bonitt) of the customer and provides a corresponding credit line. Supported accounts. Mastercard via N26 bank is the best card for expats in Germany that is accepted worldwide. One of the best rewards cards for travelers is the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card. There have been reports that some (many? What are my rights in that regard ? All the cards we have found here (US) say they are not good internationally. With a regular credit card, the potential misuse might cause you more serious financial damage, depending on your cards credit limit. You will have to pay a one-time issuing fee of 89,90 euros and each recharge of the card carries a fee of 1,25%. I am looking for something which I can also use to make transactions online in Germany and in person while travelling abroad. Hi, my name is Stephanie and I am an exchange student from Australia. Both prepaid cards and gift cards are loaded with a set amount of money. In combination with a free prepaid credit card that entitles you to a free cash supply, these offers will have a high demand especially among the younger clientele. Most banks require a place of residency within Germany and a regular salary payment. Who absolutely wants to have a Platinum-card anyway, can query the PDF-application through the customer service. She understands the struggle of settling in a new home and is happy to share simple services and tips on how things are done in her home country, to help expats get their German experience started. Credit card companies do not like the bursting of a direct debit at all, because the manual processing is expensive and they become worried about the repayment. Additionally, American Express is only rarely offered by banks. This motivates us to create even more useful sites for interested readers! This way, one saves on expensive lending rates. The billing address you entered at the merchant website is not the same as the one you entered when you created the virtual card in your account. That is a fee reduction of up to 90%! What is the general preference? The content created by our editorial staff is objective, factual, and not influenced by our advertisers. However, the accounting periods (Abrechnungsperioden) differ from bank to bank (DKB: 1 month, Comdirect: 1 month (until 2105 it was still 1 week), ING-DiBa: 1 day just to mention the conditions of the market leading direct banks). 1. Log into your MyPrepaidCenter account to check your card details and transaction history at any time. Approximately 1/3 of the customers postpone a huge sum of credit card debt. Minimal card fees are welcome. If one only pays the minimum amount, which is sometimes only Euros 25, then one accumulates credit card debt on the credit card account.