Stouder encouraged the audience to keep an eye on the evolving land use plan from the Town of Fort Myers Beach as building codes change as a result of the hurricane. I have definitely not been in favor of this Margaritaville going in and now, its just about the only thing left standing down there. Theres even less housing now. As for when Margaritaville will open, I know a lot of the media outlets have been asking us when our opening date is. All rights reserved. Maybe this is a sign that this resort does not need to be built. As devastating as the scene was at that time, we were pleased with the projects condition, given the wrath of Ian that was dealt to us. $979,000 USD: Introducing an exceptional opportunity to own a beautiful GULF FRONT and FULLY FURNISHED unit located on the highly coveted NORTH END of Fort Myers Beach! Snap dab in the middle of quaint for Myers beach What in Gods name was that board thinking? MLS# 223011175. True , we hated going to Fort Myers Beach. How far behind did Ian put you? The biggest thing is really the electric, copper, door frames, sliding doors and the construction materials lost in the hurricane, he said. Its no longer hope, it's now determination and people are starting to breathe again, said Holzapfel. At 17 feet above the Earth, the overpass comes with public restrooms to go with a pair of elevators and stairways. Im not in real estate, but I wonder if it stayed like that because the Margaritaville developers kept the future of that corner tied up while wheeling and dealing? Anyhow, I think their presence only invites other large developers to drop anchor there. In the annual CCIM Real Estate Outlook Conference this past January, I sat in a room full of commercial realtors and developers listening to some speakers on the rebuilding of Fort Myers Beach. Im sure theyll be something there for everyone I dont have the money to rebuild it, so I will be grateful for all that do. It seems to be a little bit of misunderstanding about the six-foot berm or six-and-a-half-foot berm. In order to recover, we need to stimulate our economy by getting our visitors back so that they can spend their dollars in our local businesses, said Tamara Pigott, director of the Visitor & Convention Bureau for Fort Myers Beach. Theres nothing like sitting down to a nice, freshly caught seafood dinner, but dead fish line our beaches right now. Real estate: New Lee County home deals soar while Collier, other areas sinking big. In retrospect, the CPS could have saved most of the downtown area of FMB, not from the flooding, but from the structural devastation the waves of Ian caused. FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK. View the Survey and Site Plan. Certainly, we want to be a part of that recovery for the entire island. New buildings & homes will be constructed due to Ian, as unfortunate as the storm was for people. The 2022-2023 season, however, brings a bit of panache to traditional FMB conceptions as the town spiffs up and gets a . And:'Old Florida is gone' but what will new Southwest Florida look like post-Ian? The legal action in Minnesota's U.S. District Court against TPI, Torgerson and others seeks to "recover losses (and) obtain monetary and appropriate or remedial relief.". It will become the Island of Nobody, filled with huge corporate mansions that nobody ever visits and overpriced hotels and restaurants for the elite only. Bob, Thanks, Loved FMB too. Also attached are aerial photographs taken today of Margaritaville Resort Fort Myers Beach. We are still pinning down our new schedule due to some material replacements being difficult to obtain in short order. 12554 Kelly Sands Way, FORT MYERS, FL 33908. The Lee County Health Department said that the waters near Lynn Hall Memorial Park, near Time Square, were tested and have alert levels of Red Tide. "That bridge is super cool," said an "excited" Robin Popovich, who lives north ofMatanzas Pass and had another word for it all: "Awesome.". Functional could also describe the elevated path that will be donated to local government. Hundreds of dead fish line Southwest Floridas beaches and many people cant stand the smell or sight on Fort Myers Beach. The good news is everyone knows supply chain is an issue across the country. Watch a time lapse video of the bridge getting placed, Pedestrian bridge connects Margaritaville properties over Estero Boulevard on Fort Myers Beach, Margaritaville on Fort Myers Beach taking shape including pedestrian overpass. This business comes in the form of a 254-room resort with five restaurants, and What makes us special here are our people, and the passion they have is contagious, said Pigott. Listen to Same Boat with Zac Brown Band & Jimmy Buffett, Update on the Margaritaville Resort in Fort Myers Beach, Margaritaville amusement park opens this week in Biloxi. FMB: It's locals' shorthand for Fort Myers Beach, one of Lee County's sassiest, saltiest, most get-down communities. Fort Myers Beachs environmental services, along with FDEP, []. In the past, drivershave often stopped to let those on footpass across. Seems as though threr is a message here to the backers. $6,766/mo Get pre-approved Beds Baths 10,018 Sq Ft (Lot) About This Home Located so close to the beach access (just across the road), you don't even need your flip flops to walk there! And there's worries the $200 million modernization will affect the area's vibe. A Sinatra song, not a Buffett ballad, came to mind as the new Margaritaville bridge lowered over Fort Myers BeachFriday morning. We broke ground on the 17th anniversary of Charley, so it would be wonderful to open on the 1st anniversary of Ian, but that would be a very aggressive outcome if we are able to achieve that. The people that can open up are opening up, Allers said. An update on the Margaritaville Resort Fort Myers Beach with questions on the resort and the grand opening after the damage from Hurricane Ian: We were recently interviewed by a SWFL newspaper. Kemp lost her cottage on Fort Myers Beach to Hurricane Ian. 500,000 open heart surgeries are performed in the U.S. every year, and half of those patients require a blood transfusion. I hope that through the comp plan and through the ensuing iterations and development that we can continue to have that. Stouder continued, "I liked Tommy's comment about a "flip-flop paradise." Margaritaville bridge goes up on SWFL's Jimmy Buffett-inspired project MONEY Margaritaville bridge pops into place over Estero Blvd. When are they ready? Firefighters are battling several brush fires in Charlotte County; the one off McCall Road threatens several buildings, including a church. Vaughan said the grief was not linear, its waves. Vaughan said I want to come home. Vaughan said the Riviera Club, where she lives, has electricity but no elevators and no plumbing. She doesnt know when she can go back. In Naples, city council authorized the city manager to spend up to $100,000 to expedite the cleanup of dead fish within the city waterways []. I have some sadness towards that. Those mobile home parks are homes to retirees, they were homes to service personnel. Before the 2020 construction of the digs, land records show the property sold for $800,000 in 2018. A SWFL Margaritaville mystery comes to light. Now, bottom part got dinged, but my understanding is thats how its supposed to work. Its been a 3 1/2-month journey for locals, from thousands of pounds of debris being picked up to the first FEMA trailer being delivered, numerous visits from the state, city, and county officials working together to rebuild this town, and the beach finally reopening. Can we fix it? Its an emotional rollercoaster. High temperatures will reach the 80s under partly cloudy skies. The beach town where it was a great place to fish- not party. Wind gusts as strong as 30 to 40 mph will push through Southwest Florida in the early afternoon. I guess I support the building code because its is a barrier island, Structures should be built for a cat 4/5 hurricane and unfortunately thats very very expensive but we hope to never see peoples homes wiped out and loss of life like this again. One of the biggest issues people are dealing with when it comes to insurance after Hurricane Ian is property damage. The developers of Margaritaville Beach Resort hosted a topping off celebration to acknowledge the DeAngelis Diamond construction team and how Fort Myers Beach is progressing since Hurricane Ian . Our prediction is for a dramatic improvement of the island by the time we open, late 2023. David Cesario, the General Manager of Margaritaville Resort on Fort Myers Beach, said it's an expected feeling. For the berm to happen, all property owners on the beach must sign and agree to it. While sad about it, Souder said it could be an opportunity, given that the hurricane provided a clean slate or a do-over. Kemp said its very emotional. The berm, the emergency berm, is the one that were talking about. Keep up on the progress of construction on the TPI-Fort Myers Beach Facebook page unfortunately For FMB people..I was not aware of the Atrocity until I read it online a couple of years ago. Tom Torgerson shared the TPI vision for Fort Myers Beach, which thanks to Ian, has now been accelerated. Totally agree!! As part of thanking its construction crews for their work, TPI provided lunch to more than 150 workers at the Lighthouse Resort Friday. The CPS, and along with the scale of Grand Resorts, was not viewed favorably by the FMB Community and was therefore abandoned. We havent been back at all, so I am excited to see whats open and walk around and see whats left, really, said Cape Coral resident Christina Rudow. TPI has already purchased additional properties contiguous with the Margaritaville resort, the grand opening of which is slated for late 2023. The decision led some folks, like Margaritaville, to become quite alarmed. Now they have a second chance to do the right thing do you think youre council or your government will? Margaritaville on Fort Myers Beach taking shape including pedestrian overpass. Students, staff, family, and friends came together on Friday for the annual unified basketball game at Fort Myers High School. You all dont understand how much Ian destroying our town has changed everything. TPI will again have great neighbors going forward. Dammermann is developing Margaritaville with her husband John. Stouder also addressed the issue of affordable housing, focusing on the trailer parks adjacent to Fort Myers Beach. Location is everything and you don't want to miss out on this rare opportunity! Take care. Its no different for us. Kisabeth said the furniture, equipment and fixture are in storage and ready to go. All the buildings that were old school and mom and pop places were what we loved in the area! When the Town of Fort Myers Beach Council approved Margaritaville five years ago, its supporters hoped the resort would revitalize a part of downtown hit hard by Hurricane Charley more than a dozen years earlier. SOLD FEB 13, 2023. ' said resident Bart Churchward. How will it affect beach traffic? "The beachneeded a revamp, or it was going to turn into Daytona.". The resort celebrated its topping-off ceremony, a celebration that marks the finishing touches being completed on the top floor of a hotel. Photo: TPI Stonehill Strategic Capital, a lending division within Peachtree Hotel Group, has provided TPI Hospitality with $104 million in construction debt for the buildout of its long-planned Margaritaville Resort in Fort Myers Beach, Fla., Commercial Observer has learned. Margaritaville moving along By Nathan Mayberg - Editor | May 24, 2022 According to DeAngelis Diamond, the contractor overseeing the construction of the Margaritaville resort on Fort Myers Beach, the project is on the third floor of building. As construction on Margaritaville pushes on, so does the message of remaining Fort Myers Beach strong, according to Holzapfel. 4 Beds. SOLD FEB 15, 2023. And what that means is the topping off of the structure.. But, it will become a playground for the rich.". 1,768 Sq. There were people excited about Margaritaville since long before the last hurricane season, but now theres added weight to updates on the resorts progress. The good news, many other businesses are on that same track. And, of course, there's spring training baseball. If I was part of Fort Myers Beach youd bet youre bottom dollar I would have raised heck at that council everyday to stop that going through!! And I'm concerned that may away." "At the time of Ian, we were already into probably a three to four decade organic redevelopment of the island. He said that affordable housing could possibly replace retail areas like the Sanibel Outlets. After seeing the monstrosity of what was going in as Margaritaville, my friends and I have decided to vacation somewhere else. Hundreds of jobs coming to a small beach community that has felt uneasy about big companies like Margaritaville moving in. $810,000 Last Sold Price. There are other places though, but I certainly wouldnt post them on the internet. Want to put covenants on your own property so a Margaritaville type development cant be built on it? The resort celebrated its topping-off ceremony, a celebration that marks the finishing touches. Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce President Jacki Liszak brought up the owners of local businesses to the podium to bring attention to many of the businesses back open. Fort Myers Beach would have been fine without Margaritaville. The structure was completely intact, Kisabeth said of the impact from Hurricane Ian. However, a personal estimate as to when we will open up, has us doing so towards the end of 2023. The Fort Myers Beach we knew is gone. It blocked beautiful views. Margaritaville targeting 2023 opening on Beach. Every day, every week we are getting better, getting stronger, businesses are reopening, said Allers. I have worked all over the country and when new projects get introduced anywhere, people talk about the impact, said Cesario. Add to that the many experience amenities that are encompassed into our Margaritaville Resort, make it an inclusive experience destination resort. What is the hope there, and what would it mean, not only to TPI and fans, but for Fort Myers Beach and residents? Thi. Fox 4's Colton Chavez was on Fort Myers Beach where the new Margaritaville Resort marked a major milestone. Our fear is now big buildings will go up in their place any become way to commercialized. Like $18. They dont give a rats behind about character or loss of charm. More:Will Margaritaville, Lani Kai on Fort Myers Beach push on in Hurricane Ian aftermath? PRIDE Cape Coral 2023 kicks off Friday, celebrating inclusion and love in the citys LGBTQ+ community. There may be several annoying factors that come with a large hotel complex, but nothing can quite match the annoyance of the predawn arrival of dempsey dumpster vehicles. Photo by Nathan Mayberg. Construction broke ground in August 2021 and ideally will conclude by summer 2023, per the News Press. We have been going to FMB for 20 years, and since retirement spend two months there each winter. "But one of the positive parts of Ian, is that it sped up that process in about a 5 year plus or minus timeframe. Good luck. Now those same supporters hope Margaritaville and its developers TPI will help get the town back on its feet after the utter devastation of Hurricane Ian. I hated that the margaritaville was going in. Holzapfel told Fox 4 he feels encouraged by the development of Margaritaville. This years event, however, comes after the former city manager accused the mayor and council members of discriminating against gay employees and being hesitant to support the pride festival. C, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931 | 239-463-4421, done by the end of the year, no question., its very emotional. In 2015, TPI became 100% employee-owned after the TPI Hospitality Employee Stock Ownership Plan it formed, known as an ESOP, acquired 100% of its stock for $10 million. Theyll just call it a day. We had 14 years of nothing happening in Times Square and then TPI comes along and they had a plan., They have really done a really outstanding job getting everything cleaned up and back into reconstruction,, Sheetrock is going in as we speak, plumbing, electric, you name it., I am here to tell you, profoundly, that we dont know,, The good news is everyone knows supply chain is an issue across the country. Margaritaville construction, Jan. 20, 2023. Nice job Tom and team! Tourism is huge here. The session comprised Margaritaville Resort developers Tom Torgerson and John Dammermann, of TPI Hospitality, and Stan Stouder, founding partner of CRE Consultants. Margaritaville Fort Myers Beach After Hurricane Ian Caribbean Castaways 14.5K subscribers Subscribe 77K views 3 months ago FORT MYERS BEACH It's been twelve days since Hurricane Ian. Pedestrian bridge connecting Margaritaville properties on Fort Myers Beach placed, Pedestrian bridge connecting Margaritaville properties on Fort Myers Beach placed. Located about 225 feet south of the border of the Margaritaville project due for completion late this year, the now-mangled hodgepodge of two dozen hotel rooms and cottages last sold for $1.1. Former Fuccillo Kia part of liquidation that includes jet, other sales | In the Know, In the Know: Your questions about new Costco, Trader Joe's coming to SWFL, Sprouts prepares debuts on Cape, Fort Myers; plans to double Fla. sites, Pandemic-driven 'reboot' for Mercato: possible breweries, expanded plaza, Flurry of Founders Square firsts; hot Collier corner; and latest on Buc-ee's land, 'Musclingthrough challenges.' Nuisance may be the key word here for residents. FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - New renderings released Tuesday are giving beach-goers their best look yet at Margarittaville's "Fins Up Beach Club." When it's completed, it'll be a 60,000. You can see by the before pictures that it towered over old fort myers beach. The Minnesota-based builder of Fort Myers Beach's Margaritaville forced their employees to sell their company stock, which means workers are going to miss out on profits from the resort they should have had, according to a new federal lawsuit. What's the long-term goal? As more people start to pile into the area, and beaches reopen, the fish kill will become a bigger problem. The questions asked and our responses are below.