https://www.hurtigruten.com/destinations/norway/, Clarion hotel Havnekontoret Kirkenes is where the coastal express changes direction and head south and our cruise on board the MS Nordlys is over, and it is time to disembark. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Their work is highly influenced by their Scandinavian background and their everyday life in rural Norway. Work out in the gym or relax in the panoramic sauna, where you can watch the views as you sail. We have a new challenge for you. UFO to WIP: Can This Crochet or Knitting Project Be Saved? That the world was there for the taking and you were immortal, ready to embrace a life that stretched into infinity? Day 2 Oslo - Longyearbyen 23 Sep 2023 (B, D). They are easy to knit, easy to stuff and once you get knitting you won't want to stop. Day 8 To Icelands north coast 29 Sep 2023 (B, L, D). The Iceland cruise adventure continues to Bakkageri, a tiny settlement off the beaten track. Both the name and the interior design of MS Nordlys are inspired by the spectacular northern lights (Aurora Borealis). There is a kitchen with refrigerator, stovetop, and microwave at our facility, Our system has encountered an error. Price per person in twin cabin Polar Outside:NOK 39500,-, Price Polar outside single use/room: NOK 49500,-, Per person dblArctic Superior P2D: NOK 42 000,-, Price Arctic Superior P2D single use/room: NOK 53000,-, Price per person Nordlys Mini Suite Q4: NOK 56 500,-, Knit Along the Norwegian Coast with ARNE & CARLOS. Dont try to do what people want you to do, just be yourself and find your own point of view. High summer cotton tops, summery vests, casual sweaters and cute cardigans are worked in a palette of hot Mediterranean brights and cool bleached whites. New blog post at thetwistedyarn.com, or see link in bio. See https://yarnsub.com and enjoy! The secret-squirrel knitting I've been doing lately? Yarn by @stylecraftyarns . The Shetland Isles are Scotland's most northerly inhabited isles. Fiber Content: 75% Superwash Wool, 25% Nylon (Polyamide) Weight: Super Fine/Fingering [2] The Guardian credits the pair with the rising popularity of knitted Christmas baubles prior to and around 2015. Sample the variety of fish dishes in Lerwick on the Shetland Islands, from salmon and shellfish to lythe, ling, and John Dory. Learn the basic of knittings, how to. This article about a fashion brand, house, corporation or company is a stub. After our succesful crochet ABC weve had lots of requests for a knitting ABC. So once again, I'm being bossed about by somebody three inches tall. The tour ends at Hurtigruten Terminal and embarkation starts at 16.00. Isnt that a lovely way of looking at your stitches? You may see orcas, blue and fin whales. Githa has been arranging knitting and garden tours with ARNE & CARLOS for several years. Keep on the lookout for capsule collections from designers such as Arne & Carlos! It's a very collaborative process at every stage. The trip takes about seven hours. We also want to hear your suggestions or feedback. This class will be held at The Lee House, 7315 39th Ave, S, Seattle WA 98118, We will enjoy a social hour prior to class starting at 6 pm. Want to knit a spot of Christmas cheer? This is not your grandmother's knitting and believe it or not, you can do it, too. Your tourleader for the journey will be Githa Kristensen from Aller Travel. I've just stumbled across a website called @YarnSub and it's awesome! Scandinavians Arne Nerjordet and Carlos Zachrisson are highly regarded fashion designers, textile artists, YouTubers and authors. Please be sure you are confident in your skills to make a knit stitch, make a purl stitch, cast-on and bind-off before you register for this class. will discuss how, for example, we can turn a painted cabinet into a knitting pattern. They work under their artist name ARNE & CARLOS, which they established in 2001. ARNE & CARLOS will give another lecture today. Day 15 The Shetland Isles 6 Oct 2023 (B, L, D). We are excited to invite you to join ARNE & CARLOS on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure expedition in Arctic waters - Knitting on Top of the World! During the call in Bod you may want to join Hurtigrutens excursion to Saltstraumen the worlds most powerful maelstrom. Get ready for summer with Rowan Magazine 73. In the Shetland Islands, learn about the Norse heritage and local customs, like the making of the delicate Shetland lace shawls. Clarion Hotel The Hub boasts one of the best locations in Oslo right next to the central station. Githa is also a keen knitter, and she enjoys sailing very much! 4.2K 216K views 7 years ago How to Knit - All the Basics - ARNE&CARLOS After our succesful crochet ABC we've had lots of requests for a knitting ABC. How to do a closed cast on with magic loop. Complimentary tea and coffee. would have to be Hemp Tweed as we never had the chance to work with it, but it was so nice wed love to do something with it. Out on deck, you can participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture, and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. Be the first to know about new pattern releases, exclusive discounts, and special events. 28 February 2023. Get ready for summer with Rowan Magazine 73. Their work is highly influenced by their Scandinavian background and their everyday life in rural Norway. You will visit some of the worlds most dramatic fjords, immense U-shaped valleys and glaciers preparing to calve icebergs into the sea. I know no better way to describe them than as engaging, passionate, masterful knitters who will literally and figuratively have you in stitches in their classes. Guests can enjoy stunning views from the Norda restaurant and Calmeyers Hage bar on the 13th floor, and a great urban vibe at the Hub Bar on the 1st floor. New blog post! Slottsgaten 1, Bergenhus, 5835 Bergen. Julekuler, their book of patterns for knitting woolen Christmas balls, sold more than 50,000 copies in Norway, and has been translated into several languages including English, where it is called 55 Christmas Balls to Knit. The Expedition Team will host a lecture and presentation program and evening gatherings daily. Day 6 19 Sep 2022 Trondheim (B, L, D) Learn more about them at Husaviks Whale Museum. The afternoon is free to explore the worlds northernmost town, a colorful frontier settlement where people are outnumbered by snowmobiles and polar bears. Of course, it would always be better to be credited for it, but sometimes its enough to know that your design has had a wider influence. Although there is not much space for settlements here, a few obstinate tiny farms cling to the mountainsides and there are some small villages along the fjord. These islands are famous for birdlife. Yarn is Stylecraft Special DK. Contains both veg-growing and yarnery. MS Nordlys has its own onboard Expedition Team and serves as a university at sea. We try to use up yarn in crochet blankets and give them away to friends, but were really at the point now where we have to politely decline any more yarn samples! Her kan du betale med Forbrugsforeningen . In September brilliant reds, yellows and orange dominate the mountainsides, hilltops, and woods. but in the past designers like Coco Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Dior and Elsa Schiaparelli were really able to invent and change fashion. Knitting You is all about developing your confidence, creativity, expertise, and pleasure in this traditional craft that becoming anything you want it to be for you. They LOVE birds of prey, so this was always going to be a win. Arne & Carlos took inspiration from the colourwork patterns from books, postcards and old knitting patterns found stashed away in dusty attics in the Setesdal Valley of southern Norway, and conjured up 33 stunning all-ability designs for men, women and children - including hats, teddy bears, wristwarmers and cushions. There was, of course, some knitting. Kinda fun. This eventful tour will take you to the capital Oslo for a two days pre cruise program, before taking the train over the scenic mountains westbound to Bergen, where the cruise starts its journey along the coast. They make it look awfully easy. Spitsbergen showcases Arctic beauty in its untouched glory, a wilderness of steep mountains, stark glaciers and eerily beautiful islands. With your right needle, lift the mothers right leg up onto the left needle. Or do some more knitting! Key breeding species to look out for include Red-throated Divers, Redshank and Curlew. It's very orange. I recently had the pleasure of attending a fantastic Interweave Escape in the picturesque town of Woodstock, Vermont. Valdres Pullover Modern Daily Knitting Field Guide No. These are areas where nature reigns supreme and wildlife roams free. Please complete the registration form after reviewing Terms and Conditions. All cabins have individual specifications. You can enter the name of any yarn and it'll give you the best possible substitutions with a % match score based on gauge, texture, fibre, etc. So much tighter and neater! We meet in the evening for dinner at a traditional and legendary restaurant in Longyearbyen. Please note: Then we start sketching, making fifteen, twenty, fifty, maybe even hundreds of sketches to find where we want to be. Beat the heat with this resort-inspired collection. Guarenteed. Learn the basic of knittings, how to knit and purl and how to increase and decrease, and we will have you knitting in no time! When life imitates "art". You may have unanswered questions about things you have seen in Iceland or things to come in the Faroe Islands. Oleana produces beautiful knitwear. It is a 35-kilometer (22mi) long arm of the larger Storfjorden in the district of Sunnmre in Western Norway. Visit the Science Center for insights into the destinations ahead on your island-hopping expedition. Rowan - Norwegian Wool Book Three by Arne & Carlos eBook (downloadable PDF) - Wool Warehouse - Buy Yarn, Wool, Needles & Other Knitting Supplies Online! Shop our 50% Off Online Workshop Sale! Or maybe even watched one of their newly launched YouTube videos on ArneCarlos.com. MS Spitsbergen arrives in the Faroe Islands, part of the Kingdom of Denmark. Log in. Please include your contact information in the message box so we may follow-up. Kids, teens, men, hipsters, and yes, even grannys that never thought knitting was cool enough for them, Knitting You wants to be your knitting knowledge home. 2021-maj-13 - 3,795 Likes, 64 Comments - ARNE & CARLOS (@arnecarlos) on Instagram: "#tiptuesday: After you have picked up stitches on both sides of the heel flap, make sure to twist" Modern Daily Knitting Field Guide No. So, when we heard about Pure Cashmere, we had to ask Rowan to send us some to knit with! To say that I am a fan is an understatement indeed. A collection of eight trans-seasonal, layering pieces. A majority of their work is influenced by their Scandinavian heritage. Where and when will class or event be held? Astonishingly blue skies contrast against the highest peaks, white with the seasons first snows. There are 16 Feel free to bring your dinner or snacks to share. The swatch didn't behave like this! NASA thought Hsavk's geology resembled lunar rocks and sent astronauts from their Apollo space missions here to train. Day 3 Longyearbyen embarkation MS Spitsbergen 24 Sep 2023 (B, L, D). | the twisted yarn, *hums* Never Smile At A Crocodile | the twisted yarn, Blankets old and new plus surgery on an old (knitted) friend | *B*A*M! Check in at your hotel in downtown Oslo Clarion The Hub. There's a new blog post at thetwistedyarn.com, or see link in comments. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Free pattern at thetwistedyarn.com or see link in my bio. A handpicked Expedition Team of experts will be on hand every step of the way to keep you safe on landings and share interesting stories and anecdotes that will further enhance your sense of wonder. A Astrid Stensland 28 followers More information Haven't done a knitting-and-walking photo for a while, so here's a shot from walking the twinnage to school this morning. You could buy lead knit a doll with arne and carlos or acquire it as soon as feasible. Let the mother's leg slip off the left . Use the Contact Us form if you have any questions. Free shipping for many products! Dinner will be served at the Main Restaurant at 18.30. The included excursion takes you on a lively walk around town to learn about the area from local people. Icelands 'Northern Capital, Akureyri, sits at the fjord base. 15 Dronning Eufemias gate, 0510 Oslo. Arne and Carlos have also released a KAL (knit along) podcast and YouTube video you can watch each day! Fancy a new cowl to help you brave all this pesky weather? Best in Show - Joanna Osborne 2011-09-15 Best in Show: Knit Your Own Cat offers the unique opportunity to knit yourself a cat. She has two, one-hour, back-to-back classes of about 12-14 grade school students on Wednesdays. For amazing views over the city founded on seven mountains, take the funicular railway up to the summit of Mount Flyen. Please confirm you want to block this member. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Rowan Sweater Kit Knitting - Olaug by Arne & Carlos New in Box at the best online prices at eBay! Day 3 16 Sep 2022 Oslo - Bergen (B, L) May the coming year be filled with your favourite yarn. TAD5XKZG8G4DY52F9MXY, Getting Comfortable Knitting from a Chart, Getting to Know How Ravelry Can Work for You. A very interesting visit to Norways oldest yarn factory Hillesvg is on the program, with an opportunity to buy their products at the factory outlet. We sail through the Lofoten archipelago towards the pretty fishing village Svolvr, for a late evening call. Floats on the right side look like embroidery! are happiest when they see the light! In Bod, our guest lecturer Annemor Sundb will join the ship. 2 x 50g balls of Regia Design Line Arne & Carlos 3653 Star Night Of course, there have been geniuses more recently like Alexander McQueen, Rei Kawakubo, and Kenzo, who had a big, big influence on knitwear and colour today. Knit A Doll With Arne And Carlos Pdf is available in our book collection an online access to it is set as . Sometimes, one of the twinnage comes to tell me that she's waiting by the back door, so I have to go and do a bit of weeding, just to please her. From beginners to those with life-long experience. Githa has worked in the travel industry always, as tour leader, on cruise ships and as a travel agent. {{#media.media_details}} {{#media.focal_point}}. #blackcatsrule. Arctic Superior cabin twin bed - OJ (limited view). Your tour leaderwill be Githa Kristensen from Aller travel. OK then, here are the grapevine socks that I designed for the latest knitting box by @littleboxofcrochet . Zachrison credited Nejordet with knitting Kardashian's likeness in three days. There is even a space exploration museum here. Inspired by traditional Norwegian patterns each ball is a unique handmade creation ready to become a holiday heirloom. Instead she follows me so closely around the garden that I often nearly step on her. Carlos: For me a successful design doesnt necessarily have to be a commercial success, but it could be the design that two or three seasons or years later you actually see that it has influenced a lot of people, and they have used it to remake it into their own. All cabins include bathrooms with a shower/toilet. This is the life! Man. Sometimes, the reverse is almost pretty as the front, in its own subtle way. If possible, kayaks will be launched to enjoy the scenery in near-perfect silence. Free pattern will be landing in a blog post near you within the next week or so. Explore the city on your own or take part in one of Hurtigrutens optional excursions (additional cost). Knitting Arne and Carlos | the twisted yarn Knitting Arne and Carlos August 9, 2014 by The Twisted Yarn 61 Comments Oops, that was an especially ginormous gap. Enjoy the peaceful and soothing atmosphere in the Faroe Islands (Denmark). They trek the ice along the coast, hunting for seals. Start on week 1 here. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. How to sign up? The transfer bus to the small airport in Kirkenes. You can find out more about the pair and visit their shop on their website. As they explained in class, traditionally, M1 is only ever worked this way in their Norwegian style of knitting. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. , Someone's beginning to get her red breast feathers. As I pull up weeds and move pots around, she darts in to grab caterpillars and other critters. Using a seashell palette with splashes of sailing boat brights, this story will instantly transport you to carefree days by the sea. Highly recommend the Albers book if you fancy a really deep dive into how and why colours behave so differently, depending on their neighbours. Warning: contains personal inadequacy and failure. From beginners to those with life-long experience. I have been here, at the brewery. This Swedish corporation or company article is a stub. Knitting - Arne & Carlos Shop Home / Patterns / Knitting Buy our merchandise All Knitting Crochet Clothing Accessories Home Furnishings Hats Scarves/Cowls Mittens Socks Bags Blankets Christmas Archives Knitting Knitting patterns BUNNY 2023. Enjoy the evening and explore Oslo at your own leisure. Hurtigruten Expedition has the following cancellation conditions: Up until 6 months before departure (22 March 23) - the cruise may be cancelled but the deposit NOK 3000 paid at the time of booking, is non refundable. (Hmm, not sure whether it's loading for you, but I'm only getting everything up to the previous post - 'Rollercoasting' - when I look. So far, the group has over 11,400members. Didn't quite make it! View looking upwards as I walked home after taking the twinnage to school. * Handicraft activities with local communities we visit during the cruise. When looking at your knitting, think of the stitches as female. They release clues to the weeks patterns day by day. There is a huge tradition of folk costume in Norway, and even today 80% of all Norwegian females own a folk costume, and 20% of males. We've just had a little chat over some mealworms, and I'm optimistic that we'll be friends. Arne & Carlos Website Advent Calendar 2021: 24 Mini Nordic Jumpers; Arne & Carlos Website; 1 597 198. Today I peeled the twinnage off their screen and took them to the Cotswold Falconry Centre. Most of the natural vegetation is still intact. Before I share with you Arne and Carlosunique way to remember how to M1, you need to know a little more about them. I had no idea when I crocheted/knitted this chair cover that I'd one day be a kitten-slave for real. Welcome cocktail onboard MS Nordlys with ARNE&CARLOS at 17.30. Day 7 Volcanic Jan Mayen 28 Sep 2023 (B, L, D). In Shell Seekers we take a trip to the coast with a collection of beach and surfside inspired knits for all the family. Reprint. From the pier, enjoy the view across the sparkling waters to the nearby island of Kalsoy. I cant wait for the next Interweave Escape, I know it will be just as amazing an experience. See link in bio. 0 0 Account Subscribe Magazine Pattern Help VK Store Knitting Live! All unisex patterns are designed on DK weight With your right needle, lift the mother's right leg up onto the left needle. And because we love colour, we have to say Sonia Delaunay, who is less well known for her fashion but hugely influential in textiles. After a lovely breakfast in Hotel Havnekontoret, it is time for check out, and the full-day tour of Bergen and the surrounding area starts. Enjoy. Carlos: I love radio, so I think I would become a journalist and have my own radio show for sure. Look out for abundant marine life in the waters too, including whales and seals. For example, recently we have been looking at rosemaling (the Scandinavian folk art Hope you will find. Another crochet-to-the-rescue post! Can you remember being a teenager - sixteen, seventeen, eighteen or perhaps even a little bit older - and thinking you knew it all? I need to work on trusting from experience that its all in our heads and once we bring it out onto paper, the rest of the process actually goes very fast and we always make the deadline. There will be an opportunity to explore the tiny village of Elduvk with just 23 inhabitants. Day 13 Peaceful, tiny Elduvik 4 Oct 2023 (B, L, D). Youll find their patterns dont define what method of M1 to use for this reason. that we have had throughout our career in fashion, and now in handknitting. It is with great pleasure we welcome you to Norway for our Knitting Cruise - Knit Along the Norwegian Coast with ARNE&CARLOS! any of our books once this one. Discover updated classic and contemporary cardigans, colourful and textured wraps, over-tunic and a cool abstract sweater. According to folklore, Bakkageri is inhabited by a large population of elves. We will call at vibrant Akureyri Icelands northern capital, and heading east we get to explore Husavik, Icelands whale capital - and if we are lucky, we may even spot some of these giants of the sea. We will head to Skjlfandi Bay to look out for humpback, minke, white-beaked dolphin, harbor porpoise and maybe even the elusive blue whale. Its not enough if we like it; as a designer you cant only do things that you like, you have to think about who will use it and like it.