Then and only then you give a refund for the item. Offer a partial refund:You'll issue a partial refund to the buyer, and they'll keep the item. Simply print the label on normal paper and tape it to the package. 2. If you have a large stock and are ready to automate the way that you manage different parts of the return process, learn how to set up two basic rules to automatically accept returns or send immediate refunds. I have maintained a 100% seller rating for years. If you haven't received your item, or the item is not as described, we'll refund your purchase price plus original shipping on virtually all items. Returns happen. You accept returns in your policy, and the buyer changed their mind about a purchase. You can only decline a return if the buyer is returning the item because they changed their mind, and your return policy stated you don't accept returns. After contacting the seller, it's up to you whether you want eBay to step in. What Do You Do? Offer you a replacement or an exchange Some sellers may offer the option of returning an item for a replacement or exchange instead of a refund. Need an update on an open return request? If your case qualifies and is eligible for eBay Buyer Protection, eBay will refund your full purchase price plus original shipping. NOTICE: 3D glasses are all different and must have a compatible TV set to work. Once you request a return, the seller should get back to you within 3 business days. No. Give the seller at least 3 business days to resolve the issue, but don't wait longer than 30 days. However, we're here to help. Ebay counters that its penalty fees for return rates of over 2% are "to ensure buyers receive the best shopping experience possible, bringing more buyers and more sales for sellers" and. Choose the item above to start resolving a return. 07-05-2020 It covers purchases paid with PayPal and most other electronic payment methods. With this selected, I am giving a clear eBay return policy. They claim they are not responsible for damage during shipment, and imply that I lost the part. In this case, I have a trackable eBay message from the buyer for the reason and eBay will review those emails and almost 100% will side in my favor. Another sale previously had the buyer claim an item was defective when I know it was not. - edited You might be asking, "Do private sellers have to accept returns?" The answer is No. After 23 years selling on Ebay, I have learned that adding my own Terms & Conditions to my eBay listing is very helpful. If all the buyer does is file 'not as described' with no other comment, will be hard to prove it's not a 'not as described', and ebay is not going to 'ask' the buyer 'why they are really returning'. This is a good option for low-value items. Put on your thinking caps before you ship, Combined shipping is a win for both you and your buyers, Self-proclaimed shipping expert shares their "Oh, ship!" After making an accurate listing with good pictures, I try to add in the words Sold as is, no returns to my listings. I dont have to pay to get the item back and the person is happy because I resolved their problem. The eBay Money Back Guarantee is automatically included with the purchase of virtually every item on eBay.com. Whenever I get a return request, I always send a message to the buyer apologizing for any inconvenience and then I take the approach to get information so I can help them. I will ask them if they want to keep the item and I will give a partial refund with Paypal for X amount. You can only offer a partial refund once, and the buyer can choose to accept or reject your offer. SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) where the item received is Significantly Not As Described in the listing. I don't plan on stopping any time soon. Even though I insure all of my packages through Fedex and eBay and it should be a no brainer, it sometimes can get complicated. . It is best to have a plan for such shrinkage just as any brick-and-mortar business does. You can chat with other sellers about anything to do with running a business on eBay. Sometimes returning an item may require additional, alternative shipping arrangements, like adding insurance to your package. If a buyer doesnt receive their item, theyre entitled to a refund unless you can provide tracking information showing that it was delivered. Car & Truck Safety & Security Accessories, Best practices for avoiding and handling issues with buyers, Help a buyer with an item they didnt receive, Your options for responding to a return request, asking eBay to step in and help for sellers, choose how you'll arrange for the item to be returned, you provide non-eBay return labels and upload tracking, How to issue a partial refund after the item is returned, Are you a buyer looking to return an item? In this case, I just try to do damage control. If your item hasnt arrived, or isnt as described,let the seller know. If you received an item that was as described but you changed your mind and do not want it anymore, the eBay Money Back Guarantee does not apply. eBay Business Equipment Purchase Protection. Keep in mind that on eBay, it is seller beware, not buyer beware. Item Not As Described, No Returns: 10 Tips to Help Avoid Returns on eBay. Simply raise your price the 5% and that will cover the new 'fees' as there is not much you can do with the type of items you sell. If the item is returned used or damaged, you may qualify to issue a partial refund. Make sure you ship the return by the date in this email to avoid any delays or issues in the refund process. If you don't hear back from the seller or can't reach a resolution after at least 3 business days, escalate your case in the Resolution Center so that we can help you. I have no problem refunding the items if returned in the original condition, but feel I should not have to pay to have them returned to me nor should I refund the original shipping (which is true and not inflated). Your item didn't match the listing, or it arrived faulty or damaged. Even if the dispute is clearly on their end, it is always best to keep good communication with them and always take the approach that you want to help to resolve the issue. If the item is returned used or damaged, you may qualify to issue the buyer a partial refund. In some cases, if you haven't responded to the return request, we may issue a refund to the buyer and seek reimbursement from you without requiring the buyer to return the item. If you use alternative shipping arrangements, the return shipping charges arent included in any eBay Money Back Guarantee refund youll receive. EBay always checks these messages and they want to see that you did everything you could to resolve the buyers issue. If the seller doesn't respond or you're unable to resolve the issue with them, you can ask us to step in and help. You can also open your Returns dashboard and select View return details from beside the item. If the purchase is covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee policy, you'll have to accept the return, even if you have a no returns policy. You want to have all of your bases covered and be very detailed and specific about anything that could possibly be wrong with your item. 1. That does not mean that you will automatically have to accept a return and refund their money if you get a request. Is there anything you can do? Keep in mind that some returns can remain open for up to 35 business days. However, it does happen and when it does, I have to deal with it as best as I can. Ebay sides with buyers in not as described claims. If you and the buyer haven't been able to resolve the issue within 3 business days, we're always ready to step in and help. What if an eBay buyer damaged an item and wants a refund? In fact, it can be so scary that people dont want to deal with selling on eBay at all because its too nerve racking. One buyer in particular contacted me asking for a partial refund for an item that he received damaged. Noin line with 'ebay reality' it works .more like THIS as posted upthread>>>>>>>>Still, it wouldn't really matter what you put in the description. If the item arrived damaged, broken, or faulty, add up to 10 images relevant to the reason you're returning the item for, and showing any scratches or defects. Give a full refund:You'll issue a full refund to the buyer, and they'll keep the item. Being faced with a return request can be very intimidating. If you get in the habit of taking great pictures and as many pictures as possible, when faced with an Item not as described, no returns case with eBay and they see you have it notated and photographed, the chances are better that they will side with you. But the seller should communicate with you. Why was my refund less than the amount I paid? If the expected shipping charges cost more than the expected refund or the refund value of a replacement or exchange, an eBay return shipping label wont be available. I sell mostly mix of new and used industrial spare parts surplus (mostly all single item listings), and I am having issues with high"Item not as described" returns, mostly for"Doesn't work or defective" which is adding a 5 percent fee to all myBusiness & Industrial listings. Maybe you listed the item with wrong information or you didnt include something in the listing that needed to be included. Youll receive the return shipping label credit on your monthly invoice. Let the seller know how they can help resolve the problem. Buyer Protection steps Here's how you can protect yourself as a buyer: Open a case Accept your return request and offer a full refund You'll return the item in the same condition in which it was received, and the seller will then issue a full refund, including the original shipping cost. If the buyer reports that the item arrived damaged or doesn't match the listing description, you'll see different options for responding to the return. When the seller replies, we'll send you an email with details of the next steps. But if anything goes wrong, the eBay Money Back Guarantee is here to make sure you get the item you ordered or get your money back. If a buyer falsely claims an item was not as described, well reimburse your return shipping label cost up to $6 per return. If, after a few days, youre not happy with the sellers resolution, were here to help. Do not refund until your item is back to you. The seller will be required to send you return shipping (a label if he is in Canada, money (usually by Paypal) if he is elsewhere. Enter a return merchandise authorization number, if you use them. International shipment of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges. This makes no sense and should be illegal. But they don't have to disrupt your businessor your profits. If a buyer received the wrong item, it arrived damaged, or it doesn't match the listing description the purchase is covered by theeBay Money Back Guarantee policy, they can return it to you, even if your return policy states that you don't accept returns. If you offered free shipping, you'll need to refund the buyer the full amount that they paid. Does the tracking number show it was delivered? We protect ourselves! Tip If the seller wont cover the cost, let us know by asking eBay to step in. 114K subscribers in the Ebay community. Sometimes eBay will send the Return Shipping Label and charge him, which is easiest. If your item hasnt arrived, or isnt as described,let the seller know. Offer a replacement or exchange:You may offer a replacement (another of the same item) or exchange (a different, but similar item) instead of a return. You'll be able to see the buyer's reason for requesting the return, the date you need to respond by, and any additional comments or photos provided by the buyer. The seller has 3 business days to get back to you. 01-08-2020 We have several policies built into our business model that protect us from having to return items. Buyer Protection steps Here's how you can protect yourself as a buyer: Open a case I know it won't make you feel better - but there is no way around getting stuck paying the shipping both ways for a Not As Described claim unless you are a top rated seller, regardless of the validity of the claim and what the buyer says in messages separate from the return request. If you add these tips in your listings, 9/10 times eBay will side with you in the event you get a request to return an item. moment, Oh, Ship! Even with these tips in place, you may still get the occasional return request, but they should be very few and far between. That is assuming the item is truly Not as Described. Research your model before purchasing this because there will be no returns for buying the wrong item. Learn the fundamental steps for running an eBay business. Very unfair on seller and ebay part. Whether you need to accept the return depends on their reason for opening the return. As long as you offer free returns, buyers can return items on your dime for any reason or no reason at all. Even if you specify no returns accepted, under the eBay Money Back Guarantee, the buyer can still return an item if it doesnt match the listing description. Just remember, if it is not mentioned in the listing, its a potential reason eBay would side with the buyer in an event of an Item Not As Described return request. The eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually every item on www.ebay.com. Send you a message The seller may ask you for some more details about your return request. However the seller is claiming it was in excellent condition prior to shipping and they will refuse any returns. Open a case and try to work things out with the seller.