Closer Weekly first reported the news of Guarnaschelli and Castellon's split. After spending two checkered seasons in Tucson, Barcello arrived in Provo in August 2019 as a transfer. Jump To Who Is Zo Simpson, Alex Barcello's Fiancee? Here's a quick cheat sheet on all 30 players and where they are likely to end up on draft night. He is currently single. Assign a 'primary' menu tobin james the blend 2017 ; real estate marketing solutions; lassi kefalonia shops is alex barcello married According to her Facebook, Zo Simpson attended DeKalb High School and Corona del Sol High School. But this . Alex Barcello's income source is mostly from being a successful . Through it all, Barcello said he hasnt lost sight of why hes putting in the work to make the NBA. "When he finally got the clarity that he needed and made that decision, it was awesome.". I was just happy for him, said his father, Edward. Get complete game-by-game stats for guard Alex Barcello on ESPN. You know Pope, go big or go home, Barcello said. Its a special time for all of us to be here together.. [2] He led his team to the Division I tournament as the top seed. Season-in-review: How a BYU basketball campaign filled with uncertainty produced a bevy of highlights, Change may be on the way for the transfer portal and college football recruiting, Heres when Utah ties are headed to NFL rookie minicamps, How have BYU players drafted since 2000 fared in the NFL? Secure payments & money back guarantee. Barcello assimilated into the BYU basketball culture and the campus culture almost seamlessly. They told him if they had the chance, theyd return to BYU. [10][11] He was a consensus four-star prospect in the Class of 2017 and committed to play at Arizona over offers from Virginia, Butler, Indiana and Stanford. Im so thankful for her and for people like that around me that can help just keep me motivated, Barcello said. Alex and Zo have been falling for each other deeply in love ever since then. Castellon confirmed the end of their engagement to the outlet, and said in a statement, "Wishing her nothing but the best.". He's like, 'This is why I have to marry you because you just believe me every time.' , money, salary, income, and assets. He was the No. Before Barcellos announcement, Pope told the crowd that Barcello had just gotten engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Zoe Simpson. Edward Barcello is happy his son received a second chance in his college career and is making the most of it. Giving back an NCAA bid is the least he could do, Sometimes BYU basketball staff misses on a transfer, but that helped lead to rare twice portal-bound Te'Jon Lucas, Robinson sparks BYU basketball past Portland in WCC tourney opener, Feelin' it: Falatea pushes BYU women past Pepperdine in WCC tourney opener, 5th-seeded Cougars take 'chippy,' 'salty' attitude into final WCC Tournament, BYU senior transfers left mark on basketball program in transition, From 1 to 5: Tredyn Christensen's unique growth a boon to BYU basketball, Patrick Kinahan: Pac-12, Big 12 likely to engage in expansion tussle, Police say man killed by Farmington officers had gun; victim's mom filed suit over other traffic stop, Do not 'push a slower friend down' if you encounter a bear, National Park Service warns, 27% of Utah students are chronically absent. You promised me a baby deer. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your device and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. PROVO, Utah (ABC4 Sports) - Alex Barcello is coming back to BYU for another senior season. Barcello has been flourishing as a consistent contributor, having started every game, averaging 10 points and three rebounds per contest. BYU Basketball Coach Mark Pope recently officiated at the wedding of BYU basketball star Alex Barcello who married his longtime girlfriend, Zo Simpson. [19] He scored seven points in 12 minutes at UCLA (1/25/19). [17] He erupted for 16 points on 6 of 10 shooting in 13 minutes against Georgia Southern (11/29). I came to that decision. I dont know if coach needs any more help recruiting, he said, because Im coming back!, Barcello makes his announcement. He had a season-high 11 points in their victory over Long Beach State University. We all wondered how he would fit in when he first got here, said forward Dalton Nixon. 2016. "Only one team makes it to the national championship every year, and we weren't one of them. Barcello announced he planned to transfer from Arizona prior to the 201920 season. The Wizards will also be evaluating six prospects on Friday, Chase Hughes of NBC Sports Washington tweets. After getting to know him on our podcast, we think he has a very bright future doing whatever he sets his sights on . [24] He opted to come to BYU where he received a waiver and played immediately instead of sitting out a season. BYU Senior Alex Barcello had a pre-draft workout with the San Antonio Spurs today, a source close to the situation confirms to me. "He's like, 'Shh. He fits us, man, and we fit him. It's been a busy time for Barcello. He opted to come to BYU where he received a waiver and played immediately instead of sitting out a season. "I don't want to live with any regrets," Barcello said. Alex Guarnaschelli Just Got Her First Pet, an Adorable New Puppy and Her Daughter Named Him! [21] He notched his third double-digit scoring game of the season versus California (2/21/19), scoring 14 points in 18 minutes, going 7-of-7 from the free throw line. [32], He received national honors including the (2x) Arizona Gatorade Player of the Year, Azcentral.com Big School Boys Basketball Athlete of the Year, Arizona BCA Division I Player of the Year, and (2x) East Valley Tribune Boys Basketball Player of the Year. Hes interested in, and weve had talks about religion, and things like that. styled components as prop typescript; indie bands from austin, texas; dr pepper marketing strategy; barking and dagenham hmo register; famous belgian chocolate brands "To come back and play for BYU, which is such a great university, I couldn't ask for much more. [28], Coming into his senior season, Barcello was named to the Preseason All-West Coast Conference team. Then me deciding to come back, it was the cherry on top, he said. NCAA Basketball - BYU. He is not dating anyone. We have concepts that we play with offensively, we have set plays but theres a lot of freedom within the concepts that we play with offensively. Spenser Heaps, Deseret News. [4] In his sophomore season, he led the school to a 331 record and a second state title, and the Aztecs were ranked the consensus No. "[2] Barcello started playing basketball when he was two. He's getting married next month. Alex Barcellos income source is mostly from being a successful . We just got engaged. At one point last season, ESPN analyst Jay Bilas labeled him . I couldnt be happier. Barcello is now eyeing a professional career and worked out for the Jazz on Tuesday, June 7, 2022. Hes so unique. "And he said, 'There's no deer.' "Four years and seven months, to the day, and I had the ring the whole last season," Barcello said. However, she has a sister, Jamie Simpson. I didnt see that being a possibility this year but I dont want to live with any regrets. They were like, youve got to sign this. The senior point guard from Chandler, Arizona, and the engine to the BYU basketball program over the past two seasons is returning for a second shot at his senior season with BYU. How important was the TeJon Lucas signing for BYU, Mark Pope? 0:31; See All. Immediately when he got here we got together as a team and he fit right in, Haws said. She told PEOPLE shortly after her engagement that she and Castellon first met while she was visiting the restaurant where he worked as a chef. Barcello likely wont be a first-round pick in the draft but is hoping his shooting and competitiveness can convince a team to take a chance on him in the second round. He earned a C.A.T.S. This is by far this most hot-from-3 chart I've seen. Theres very little known about Zos family. So I think Im in the perfect spot to show what Ive got because Ive always had to prove myself wherever I went.. . To come back and play for BYU, which is such a great university, I couldnt ask for much more. Against Cal State Fullerton, Barcello hit 7 of 9 shots from the floor, including 3 of 4 from 3-point range while contributing three steals, two assists and two blocked shots, a harbinger of what he would be providing this season. In his first season at BYU, Barcello averaged 9.3 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. Like all basketball players, Barcello has pro ambitions. This shooters outstanding skills and his decision are in part credited to Alex Barcellos girlfriend-turned-fiance, Zo Simpson. [7] In his senior season, Barcello scored 2,254 career points at Corona shooting over 55 percent from the field and almost 90 percent from the charity stripe. Alex Barcello recovered the ball after Atiki Ally Atiki's shot was blocked. Alex and Zo have been falling for each other deeply in love ever since then. Before working out for the Jazz, Barcello made stops in San Antonio, Washington, and Memphis on his path to the NBA Draft. He is a member of famous with the age 23 years old group. For Pope, Barcellos return is a major development, especially for a young team. She and Clark share 14-year . Alex Barcellos income source is mostly from being a successful . "She holds the school's all-time rebounding (1,390) and blocked shots (282) records.". Alex Barcello Net Worth. "I really believe if I didn't have the coaching staff and players we did, I don't know if I would come back.". pic.twitter.com/hJLc6fr2Un. Every day, I felt like something was off and I didnt feel like I could be myself and I didnt feel like my true colors could come out, Barcello said. He later transferred to Brigham Young University in Utah. Alex Barcello. But there hasnt been a question that its the perfect place for him. The coaching staff loves me for it.. On November 7, 2022, he signed with Filou Oostende of the BNXT League. He tallied 31 points in his teams win over Christ the King in the Hoophall Classic. In his junior season, in the state tournament, Barcello surpassed 1,000 points in only his second varsity season. ', "And he goes, 'There's no deer.' [12], In his freshman year at Arizona, Barcello appeared in 21 games from his point guard position. Utah Jazz newcomer guard Kris Dunn continues to make a contribution despite his limited time with the team. Select from premium Alex Barcello of the highest quality. To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a I felt like I owed it to the coaching staff, all the people here, my teammates, the fans; it just speaks to how amazing this team is. But before making an immediate impact at BYU, Barcello was the No. One option could be Arizona transfer Alex Barcello. 9,187 Followers, 478 Following, 48 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Alex Barcello (@alexbarcello) Boyz" are in Pool C and will begin their quest for a 3-on-3 title on Friday, April 1 at 5:20 p.m. (MT) against a team of all-stars . (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images) PROVO, Utah - Alex Barcello has found a new home in his professional basketball career. I want to make the most out of this next year. By: Caroline John - Published: November 17, 2021 at 7:46 am, Alex Barcello at the Lahaina Civic Center on November 27, 2019 in Lahaina, Hawaii. Nov 9, 2016: Signed Alex Barcello signs letter of intent to Arizona. The one-time Arizona transfer will take advantage of an extra year of eligibility provided by the NCAA due to the COVID-19 pandemic as he makes his way back to Provo for one final go at college hoops. "The past two years at BYU have truly held some of the best memories [] At BYU, theres not that same mentality. 7. . Gossip Next Door 2023. The 2022 NBA draft is scheduled to be held on Thursday, June 23. He played college basketball for the BYU Cougars of the West Coast Conference (WCC) and for the Arizona Wildcats . [29] On February 25, 2021, Barcello scored a career-high 29 and hit 7-of-7 three-pointers, a program record, in a 7973 win against San Francisco. Alex Barcello (born August 31, 1998) is an American college basketball player for the BYU Cougars of the West Coast Conference (WCC). In his sophomore season, he led the school to a 331 record and a second state title, and the Aztecs were ranked the consensus No. Opened his collegiate career with a strong three-game run of 7.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game while shooting 58.3 percent from the field and 57.1 percent from three-point range. Alex Guarnaschelli and her fianc, Michael Castellon, have broken up after five years together . Alex Barcello. The BYU guard worked out for the Utah Jazz on Tuesday, just weeks ahead of June 23 draft and discussed his critical summer. I really believe that if I didnt have the coaching staff and players that we did, I dont know if Id come back. 15,9 pts (48% 3P) y 4,4 ast en su ao senior antes de empezar el asa. He is from American. Young Kwak, Associated Press. He had to make his most important decision this week. The couple are planning to get married sometime after the basketball season . Get the latest Utah sports news delivered to your inbox. Barcello made the decision to return to BYU when he left for Arizona to attend his girlfriend-turned-fiance's graduation ceremony. We reveal more about their relationship in this Zo Simpson wiki. Jun 23, 2022 - Alex Barcello went undrafted in the 2022 NBA Draft making him an Unrestricted FA. Arizonas a great program. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound junior's collegiate journey began with being a member of the ESPN Top 100 . What he does in the locker room and his leadership is so incredible, Pope said. "This Alex Barcello is incredible; we all know that," Pope said. Jamie is recognizable as a travel blogger on social media. Zo Simpson is very private about her family life. At the time, Guarnaschelli, 49, told PEOPLE she and Castellon were in "no hurry" to get married, and were excited to plan a big celebration. She is currently based in Provo, Utah. Contract released: What is new Utah assistant mens basketball coach Chris Burgess salary. "We had a phenomenal season, battled a lot of adversity. According to our Database, He has no children. A place where many of his teammates would be returned missionaries, some married with children? Everything I tried to do nonchalantly, she wanted to know why we were doing it that way. It runs the gamut, Why pro soccer star Ashley Hatch finished her degree at BYU, Heres how much Cincinnati, Houston and UCF will reportedly pay to enter the Big 12 early. In the ensuing month, his life changed as he found a purpose. We have estimated Alex Barcellos net worth, money, salary, income, and assets. Also learn how He earned most of networth at the age of 22 years old? gatlinburg civil war museum; premarital counseling grand rapids, mi. I think he feels appreciated. is alex barcello married 21 Mei, 2021 - google_ad_height = 90; I want to say Thank You to the University of Arizona and the fans for these past two amazing years but I have decided it's in my best interest to move in a direction that's best for myself and my family. She earned her degree in 2021. With today's draft workout completed, the @utahjazz have brought in 30 players so far this summer. Follow. Ive never been handed anything my entire life, Barcello said. BYU guard Alex Barcello high-fives a participant during a Fathers and Sons basketball camp at the Smith Fieldhouse in Provo on Friday, May 28, 2021. Thats surreal. But it was clear during BYUs season opener against Cal State Fullerton in early November at the Marriott Center that he had been reborn, in a basketball sense. Theyve been together since then. The former BYU star has inked a deal with Filou Oostende in Belgium. Zo grew up in Chandler, Arizona. ESPN grades are on a 100-point scale. And he has proven to be an emotional leader, someone who isnt afraid to show his emotions and his exuberance for the game of basketball. I was like, Theres no problem with that. I abide by all of those rules. Throughout the process, the former Cougar has relied on his family to help balance his busy summer. Mengshin Lin, Deseret News Alex Barcello is less than two. The two dated for several years before Castellon proposed to her while the two were driving back from a trip to the grocery store. [26] He had 18 points and a career-high six three pointers, part of a BYU record 18 three pointers, in a 7754 win over Loyola Marymount on February 14, 2020. The Real Housewives of Atlanta The Bachelor Sister Wives 90 Day Fiance Wife Swap The Amazing Race Australia Married at First Sight The Real Housewives of Dallas My 600-lb Life Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. Never miss a story sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. He seemed like the old Alex.. He said, 'Will you marry me?' BYU men's basketball guard Alex Barcello announced in front of a crowd at BYU's Fathers and Sons Camp that he will return for another year in Provo, utilizing his extra year of COVID-19 . This concludes a busy summer for Alex Barcello, which saw him play for the Toronto Raptors in the NBA Summer League and get married in July. Weddings at Barcel hotels can be bohemian or formal. Scroll down this Zo Simpson Bio to learn about her age, job, and her family. Why NCAA tourney experience was a defining moment for BYU. They dont have any wedding plans yet, but Simpson says their big day will likely come after the basketball season. It's definitely a bitter feeling in my mouth, and I want to cleanse that bitter feeling, to renew it with an even better feeling. And couples looking for a truly exclusive place can find it in the , located in Costa . In reality, he had joined the team only a few months earlier. SALT LAKE CITY - Former BYU guard Alex Barcello recently worked out for the San Antonio Spurs as he prepares for this summer's NBA draft. Sandals and sarongs are popular in the Riviera Maya in Mexico, in hotels such as the If you opt for the sunny sands of the Yucatan, you will find the On the Pacific side, the offers views of rocky coves. The Jazz suffered their second straight loss to a team near the bottom of the standings thanks to a turnover-prone outing against the Thunder. After the pandemic suspended the season, he went to Arizona to attend Simpsons graduation this year. BYU has yet to win a conference title the Cougars famously haven't won a league tournament title in nearly 20 years and want to give Gonzaga a run for its money in the West Coast Conference. I would like to not have to try for another year. PROVO From the outset of his BYU career, it seemed like guard Alex Barcello had been playing for the Cougars, and with his teammates, for years. When he was told during the recruiting process that he needed to sign an honor code in order to enroll, he didnt flinch. "And the waiter, my friend, said, 'Oh my God, my best friend is the cook, the chef, here. Alex Barcello (born August 31, 1998) is an American college basketball player for the BYU Cougars of the West Coast Conference (WCC). She is also on Facebook. Her Linkedin doesnt hold any information regarding her job. So Friday night at the Smith Fieldhouse, during the schools annual Fathers and Sons basketball camp, with masks no longer required, Pope told the hundreds in attendance that the youngsters needed to take the floor next to Barcello to exert the most pressure ever on a player in the history of college basketball to come back to school.. Its more about family and there are a lot of players that are married and have kids. He is from American. Ive been so grateful to them.. That prompted spontaneous cheers from those attending the camp. During his decision-making process, Barcello talked to agents and NBA teams. Time after time after time, he comes up with game-winning plays for us, Pope said. [16], In his sophomore season at Arizona, he played in 30 of 32 games for the Wildcats. Come see it. This archived news story is available The 6-foot-2, 180-pound juniors collegiate journey began with being a member of the ESPN Top 100 recruiting class in 2017 to being weighed down by frustration and disillusionment at Arizona, one of the most prominent hoops programs in the country. Due to the pandemic, Barcello is a super senior and his scholarship wont count against the programs 13 scholarships. My experience here has been unbelievable, he said. PROVO From the outset of his BYU career, it seemed like guard Alex Barcello had been playing for the Cougars, and with his teammates, for years.In reality, he had joined the team only a few months earlier.The 6-foot-2, 180-pound junior's collegiate journey began with being a member of the ESPN Top. Member of ESPN Top 100 in 2017. I wish theyd do that every year., ONE MORE YEAR!!!!! I got it at the beginning of the season, he said. Academics Student-Athlete of the Month for February. Barcello, who led BYU in scoring with 16.1 points per game last season, dramatically alters the outlook of the . According to our Database, He has no children. I wanted to see myself put on that jersey and play in front of those crowds. It just didnt feel like the right fit. "I couldn't be happier right now. only for your personal, non-commercial use. WATCH LIVE: 6A/5A/1A Boys & Girls Basketball Tournaments, Utah Jazz Fall To Oklahoma City Thunder In Turnover-Prone Outing, New Utah Jazz Guard Kris Dunn Is Causing Problems In OKC, Utah Jazz Forward Rudy Gay With Strong Drive Against Oklahoma City Thunder, Utah Jazz Center Walker Kessler Starts Hot In Oklahoma City, Antoine Davis Falls Short In Bid To Break Pete Maravichs Scoring Mark, Ryan Smith: I Want Jazz Fans To Watch Games In Any Format, Notable Moments From The Utah Jazz Season So Far, Everything You Need to Know to Watch the 2022 World Cup. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound senior made the announcement on the Friday evening before Memorial Day weekend, appearing with BYU coaches at a fathers and sons basketball camp in the Smith Fieldhouse, surrounded by hundreds of campers chanting "one more year" in unison with head coach Mark Pope. His net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. The seniors have certainly spoiled BYU fans this season, each in their own unique way. Without her, he probably never stays, either, the point guard confirmed. I feel like I do fit here perfectly.. It's two great things happening in my life, but I could not be more happy to spend the rest of my life with her.". During that trip, he got her familys blessing to propose to Simpson. So planning a wedding and working out for NBA teams . A post shared by Zoe Sierra (@zoesimpson28). [1] Edward "led the state in scoring his senior year at Phoenix Brophy Prep in 1987, graduating with more than 1,000 career points and second only to future Duke star and NBA player Mark Alarie (1982) as the school's all-time leading scorers. In December, Barcello endeared himself to BYU fans to an even higher level at Vivint Arena in Salt Lake City against in-state rival Utah State. We're going to have to call the animal welfare.' Coach Mark Pope, a showman who has a flair for the dramatic, hatched a plan of how to announce that decision to the world. "I was out to dinner with a friend, and at a restaurant, and I knew the waiter, and I was eating dinner and I said, 'This steak is just so good,' " she recalled. Barcello was born in the metropolitan area of Phoenix, Arizona, to Edward and Shelli Barcello, who were both former basketball players. Of course, Zo couldnt contain her happiness and announced the engagement on 27 May. The list of people Alex Barcello puts pressure on includes Alex Barcello, but as it relates to BYU basketball this season, that pressure has only a little to do with punctuating the rebirth . "The whole evening was a movie. [9] He registered three double-digit scoring games, opened the season with seven points and three rebounds in 15 minutes against Houston Baptist (11/17). In the Feb. 25 game against the San Francisco Dons . PROVO From the outset of his BYU career, it seemed like guard Alex Barcello had been playing for the Cougars, and with his teammates, for years. Hes quickly become a best friend to almost everyone on the team. So, how much is Alex Barcello worth at the age of 24 years old? 2023 Bonneville International. After weeks of contemplating and exploring his options, honorable mention All-American guard Alex Barcello finally made up his mind that he wanted to return to BYU for one more season. "We're getting married right after summer league . I worked even harder in the summer. He shot 42.1% from the 3-point line. 2 recruit in the state of Arizona in 2017. [5] Arizona coach Miller offered Barcello a scholarship after he poured in 51 points in a game as a sophomore against Gilbert Perry and Markus Howard. Im focusing mostly on basketball, Barcello admitted, but there are times in my free time where I get to hop on the phone or a Zoom call with my fiance and our wedding planner and we get to pick things and just kind of go through that whole process., BYU guard Alex Barcello and Weber State guard Koby McEwen will highlight the @utahjazz pre-draft workout tomorrow. Also Read: Shelby Miller Wiki: Facts about NBA Star Trae Youngs Girlfriend. The Hornets hosted six prospects on Wednesday Ochai Agbaji . 2023 Gossip Next Door. Nobody will have masks on. I thought that was the perfect time to do it. Hes a religious guy and he seems interested. Alexander Barcello (born August 31, 1998) is an American professional basketball player for Filou Oostende of the BNXT League. You got to meet him.' supports HTML5 video, Estimated read time: 7-8 archived form does not constitute a republication of the story. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It will help you grow a lot. And I'm like, 'We're going to have to do something. I stayed after my freshman year, thinking it would get better. Even Barcellos teammates and coaches acknowledge that Simpson makes him a phenomenal athlete. is alex barcello married. He ran into Jake Toolson and TJ Haws in the training room recently, and both professionals one with the SLC Stars in the G League and the other after a rookie season in Poland told him they wished they had another year of college basketball. SALT LAKE CITY Alex Barcello is balancing two of the most important events in his life this summer getting ready for the NBA draft and planning his July wedding. We recommend you to check the complete list of Famous People born on 31 August. Phoenix native Alex Barcello played varsity basketball at Corona del Sol High in Tempe. His energy and his effort and his demeanor out on the floor, hes just a team guy, said guard TJ Haws. He is from American. SALT LAKE CITY - Alex Barcello is balancing two of the most important events in his life this summer getting ready for the NBA draft and planning his July wedding. I love the fans so much. Coming out of high school in 2017, Barcello was a four-star prospect ranked No. He opened his collegiate career with a strong three-game run of 7.7 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game while shooting 58.3 percent from the field and 57.1 percent from the three-point range.