For pan-frying, bone-in pork chops are best because the bone helps the chop retain moisture and also imparts flavor to the meat. Let the pork chops rest on a plate We arent concerned with cooking the chops through at this point, we just want to get a nice sear on them. Next, add the pork chops and fry, turning once when the chops are golden around the edges, 4 to 5 minutes. Pork chops are best cooked at a medium-high temperature. Next time I wont forget! I feel like its almost required to serve Skillet Braised Pork Chops with potatoes of some sort and this time I wentwith my Lemon and Garlic Roasted Potatoes. I hope youll check out my blog and my recipes, and I look forward to hearing from you! If you like to eat pork chops, then you can easily cook them at home using an electric skillet. Do you think I could just use heavy whipping cream or even just throw in a little cornstarch to thicken up the gravy? Lower heat to medium and add basil, oregano, and white pepper to remaining butter in skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Season pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper and thyme. And don't forget to enter the giveaway! It was that recipe that was the inspiration behind myCrock-Pot Pork Sirloin Tip Roast recipe and I still love those pork chops dearly to this day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHoTnkGLkc, All Rights Reserved | experthometools.com 2023 . Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!" Cooking pork chops is easy if you use an electric skillet or stovetop grill. Place the chops into the hot pan, seasoned side down, and sear for 4 Pork chops are a versatile and delicious cut of meat, but cooking them can sometimes be a challenge. Add 3/4 cup water; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. After youre done cleaning it, youll need to reassemble it and test it. (new Image()).src = 'https://capi.connatix.com/tr/si?token=bd5526af-9c84-429a-baca-e1c4e1072ef9&cid=877050e7-52c9-4c33-a20b-d8301a08f96d'; cnxps.cmd.push(function () { cnxps({ playerId: "bd5526af-9c84-429a-baca-e1c4e1072ef9" }).render("7917806a0d7f4109a1cb2a4492c81a1a"); }); Generously season and massage all sides of the meat with the spice mixture. Beef and Pork, Beef and Chicken, Pork and Chicken, all Pork, all Beef, you get the idea and you decide what will best suit your familys needs. 1. Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. Allow chops to stand at least 3 minutes before serving. Increase the heat to medium-high then add the chicken stock, vinegar, and honey. For dinner, heat the skillet on high until hot, and then turn it down to medium-low. Nom, nom, nom! My focus here is to provide simple, seasonal meal solutions for busy households. The pork chops will fry up better if they rest in the fridge, where they cans stay for up to several hours. As far as wipe panthats flavor baby! You don't want constant heat on them, if cooking this way. } Set up your breading station. Serve pork chops with crispy fried eggs on top (you can serve 2 chops with one crispy fried egg per person or 1 chop each with a fried egg for 4 people). Pork is absolutely delicious with Roasted Sweet Potatoes too! Its worth making a big batch ofCrock-Pot Apple Butterfor that recipe alone. Makes 4 to 6 servings. 6 Best Food Dehydrators, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 5 Best Cookie Sheets and Sheet Pans, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 6 Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 6 Best Bourbons, According to a Spirits Expert, 10 Must-Have Kitchen Tools That are Less Than$10, 4 Best Non-Alcoholic Whiskeys, According to a Spirits Expert, 5 Best Potato Mashers, Tested By Food Network Kitchen, 5 Best Roasting Pans, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 2 Million Cosori Air Fryers Recalled Due to Fire Risk, 5 Best Dishwashing Gloves, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 5 Best Tequilas, According to a Spirits Expert, 4 Best Bread Machines, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 6 Best Gins, According to a Spirits Expert, 7 Best Travel Mugs, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 6 Best Vodkas, According to a Spirits Expert, 5 Best Stainless Steel Skillets, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, The Best Presidents Day Sales to Shop This Week, 4 Best Bread Knives, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, Caraway Just Dropped A Copper Cookware Collection, Drew Barrymore Just Launched Four New Kitchen Gadgets, This Bottle Brush Cuts Down Your Time Washing Dishes, These Are the Best Keurig Coffee Pods You Can Buy Now, 5 Best French Presses, Tested by Food Network Kitchen. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Barefeet In The Kitchen possible. Super yummy even my super picky 8 year old ate an entire pork chop and wanted more. Add the chops and cook, turning once, until Remove and Season pork chops lightly with garlic powder, salt you don't have an oven-proof skillet, How To Cook A Smoked Pork Shoulder Picnic In The Oven? , In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Pour white wine into skillet and bring to a boil while scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Then youll have to clean the parts individually. If you prefer your pork chop to be well done, youll need to cook it for 10 minutes per inch of thickness. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I absolutely LOVE this recipe!! In all honesty, I have never been a big fan of pork chops. But Ive branched out from my pork chop beginnings and Im here today to share a great method and a delicious recipe that is a big departure from Moms 1970s style chops. Learn how to grill pork chops without drying them out. Im also excited today to feature my new favorite pans, these copper Farberware Cook pans that I got last month. Pork Chop CutsRib Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. Cut from the lower loin, this is one of the best pork chops money can buy. Center-Cut Loin Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. Cut from the center loin this pork chop has both loin and tenderloin sections. Loin Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. Sirloin Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. Boneless Loin Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. Shoulder Chop. Regarding BBQ Inc. Yes, I think it would be great with rice - it would go well with some of the extra gravy drizzled over it! Those potatoes do look yummy. YUM!!! Repurpose Them Into Something NewChop Them Up And Make Pork Fried Rice Its a great way to use leftover rice too!Cut Up And Add Them To Stir FryFry Up In The Morning And Add To A Biscuit For A Breakfast SandwichTop With BBQ Sauce And Serve In A Tortilla With Shredded Lettuce And CheeseMake Pork Egg RollsLeftover Pork Nachos Chop Into Fine Pieces And Sprinkle Over Loaded NachosMore items This will result in pork chops that are cooked through but still juicy and tender. Add red and green bell peppers and onion along with a large pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until softened and onions have lightly browned, about 15 minutes; lower heat if necessary to prevent excessive browning. Dash original blend seasoning or your favorite. I still haven't made those potatoes gotta get with the program! (My husband adores them for this reason!). Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. Drizzle about 1 tbsp. I'm so happy to hear you all loved it Amanda! Remove and keep warm. The answer depends on the thickness of the pork chops and your desired level of doneness. No matter how you make this, follow the basics. Stir together the flour and all the spices in a shallow dish. I highly suggest just buying a roast and cutting them yourself. The easiest way to cook a pork chop is to pan fry it. I partnered with Butcher Box towards the end of last year with a plan to sample their meats and potentially share them with you here. The best way to know for sure is to use a meat thermometer; Pork chops are cooked through when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. You might need to add more oil if youre not using a nonstick pan. Cook the pork chops for about 5 minutes on each side, until they have a slight bit of browning on them. Clean pot or skillet. If you have popups or ads blocked you wont likely see it. I'm also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible. First things first: dont pour it down the drain. We may earn a commission from your purchases. Pork chops are a delicious, hearty meal that can be cooked up quickly and easily. Dollop the goat cheese mixture over the pork chops and cover the plate with foil so it will melt slightly while you cook the green beans. How to fry pork chops to crispy-juicy perfection. Get fresh recipes, cooking tips, deal alerts, and more! So youll have to take it apart, then scrub it. Over the years, Ive also made many variations on the recipe that I love just as much. If you dont have brown rice flour around or arent worried about cooking without gluten you can easily sub regular all-purpose flour with good results. Stir in the honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and bouillon. Incredibly pink inside. Thanks for sharing! In nearby Santiago de Estero, white wine and paprikaa staple ingredient in the bell pepperproducing provinceare used to make a thick sauce with the sauted vegetables and the fat that runs off the pork chops. Yay, I'm so happy to hear you and your family loved this dish Meagan! Put your pork chops in the skillet, cover it, and allow it to preheat until its ready to cook. So, I used lactose-free milk and lactose-free butter (margarine). Using your dry, dominant hand, pile crumbs on top of the chop, then pick it up, letting the loose crumbs fall off. Starbucks Is Putting Olive Oil in Its Drinks Is This the Next Revolution in Coffee? Keep in mind that cooking times may vary slightly depending on the thickness of your pork chops and whether they are boneless or bone-in. My husband is the same way, hes never touch it if he knew sour cream or yogurt was in it. Remove the pork chops from the pan and cover to keep warm. Well-seasoned pork chops covered in a flavorful gravy served over rice. Use some flour to thicken it up like you mentioned and you're good to go! This sounds great and the whole meal looks fantastic. Those are Hasselback Potatoes, Christina. Good recipe! This post is sponsored by Farberware. We never share your information with third parties and will protect it in accordance with our. Cook the flour mixture for 1 minute, whisking occasionally, to get the raw taste out. The meat cooks quickly in a pan and is extremely flavorful. Cook the chops for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned, seasoning both sides with salt, fresh ground pepper, and fresh thyme. It should reach an internal temp of 135-140 and be allowed to rest for a few minutes before you slice into it. "name": "What Temperature Should You Fry Pork Chops in an Electric Skillet? In a 12-inch stainless-steel or cast iron skillet or large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. A note about the thickness of your pork chops. Alternatively, slice the chops then place back into the pan. I hope you can find a recipe for that! 12-inch stainless-steel or cast-iron skillet or large Dutch oven. I served them with Hasselback Potatoes and Smoky Buttery Brussels Sprouts. I love serving these with my easy microwave baked potatoes and a steamed veggie. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hi there! Its perfect for a warm and comforting dinner thatll have everyone at the table digging right in! Pork chops pan-fried in coconut oil and paired with sweet potatoes, coconut milk, peas and hot sauce have irresistible flavor that'll keep you coming back for seconds. But what temperature should you use to get the perfect result? Cook pork chops. Season both sides of the chops, then sear the pork chops in the hot pan for 2 minutes on each side. In Buenos Aires, where the dish is most often found in old-school neighborhood restaurants, pork chops are grilled and topped with sauted pancetta, peas, onions, and bell peppers, and served with a pair of fried eggs and papas espaolas, or thin rounds of baked or fried potatoes. Not knowing how big your pork chops are, I'd say try adding an extra minute or two per side while searing. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Hi, Im Mary. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the pork chops. When it reads 145F, the pork chops are done. Season pork chops all over with salt and set on a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet for at least 40 minutes or refrigerate, uncovered, for up to 24 hours. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Sign up for new recipes and you'll get my FREE e-cookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners! Once hot enough, pan-sear the slices, waiting for each side to Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. salt and pepper to taste. Preheat a grill (or indoor grill pan) over medium high heat. Drizzle the olive oil over both sides of the pork chops and sprinkle the ranch powder and salt and pepper over the meat. Grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until pork is just slightly pink in the middle. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook pork chops in the melted butter until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. If they start to get too browned before reaching this temperature, you can lower the heat slightly. I love this recipe! Of course, there are other factors that can affect the cooking time of your pork chops, such as the type of electric skillet youre using and the temperature at which youre cooking the chops. Enjoy! You can use this method to cook a pork chop for lunch or dinner, but it will be the best option for lunch, when youre short on time. When it comes to cooking pork chops, an electric skillet is a great option. then flip and simmer another 10 min. Step 1: Choose a thin, boneless cut of a steak. Remove from the pan and add the second tablespoon of butter to the skillet and the remaining pork chops. Enjoy! Please read my disclosure policy. Reduce the heat to medium and add some chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened and the garlic is fragrant. First, make sure that your pork chops are of even thickness. I roast them in the oven or in the crock-pot at least once a month. I made this tonight, and it was wonderful! In a second shallow bowl, add the flour and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. P.S. WebHeat the cast iron skillet on the stove over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. They will love it! 2023 Valeries Kitchen, All Rights First, its important to choose the right size pork chop for your griddle. Preheat your electric skillet to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It will take 5 to 6 minutes per side to completely cook them. . My chops were about 1 1/2" thick. First, it's important to choose the right size pork chop for your griddle. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of your chop and your temp. Then, place the pork chops in the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Place the pork chops in the skillet and cook for about 8 minutes per side, or until theyre cooked through. There was lots of sauce at the end so you could either boil it down to a glaze or add cornstarch for a gravy. All rights reserved. In a 12-inch heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil over medium-high temperature to cook pork chops. Transfer to a plate and let rest 5 minutes. This looks so yummy! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it! Theres no reason that you must use flour when frying a pork chop. I am so right there with you on steaks vs pork chops. In order to cut down on an overt bell pepper flavor, I cut extra-thin slices and did the same for the onions, in hopes that theyd melt down more and blend with the other ingredients. I really do use a thermometer whenever I make them to avoid this. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Cook until the turnips are tender and pork slice is tender. Theres no way to clean the skillet. Now this is where Im going to be very honest and tell you that for the quantity of food that my family consumes, Ive avoided including the chicken options in our deliveries so far. If you use my referral link HERE: youll get free bacon AND $40 off your first two boxes! I hope you find some inspiration while youre here and visit again soon! Now its time to place your pork chops on the griddle. For bone-in pork chops that are 1-inch thick, cook for about 3 minutes per side over medium heat. Season pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper and thyme. However, this can vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. We absolutely loved it. TIP: "@context": "https://schema.org", Braising is the best method around to ensure your pork chops will be fork-tender and delicious. You can also subscribe without commenting. Sear chops on both sides and reduce temp to the lowest setting you have where the light goes on and off as it simmers. Remove from heat. - Remove the pork chops from the heat when they have reached an internal temp of 135-140. Will definitely make this again. Cook until well browned but still rosy near the bone, 4 to 5 minutes per side for bone-in pork chops that are 8 ounces each. Bring to a boil. Season pork chops all over with salt and set on a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet for at least 40 minutes or refrigerate, uncovered, for up to 24 hours. I specialize in healthy, flavorful recipes that are easy to make at home. Dredge each pork chop through the flour mixture on all sides and then place 2-3 chops in the hot skillet. Do you think this would be good over rice? "acceptedAnswer": { Anything thinner than that is likely to cook too quickly and anything thicker will take longer to cook through. Once hot, add the pork chops and cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping every minute. This post may contain affiliate links. Dry-Rub Grilled Pork Chops over Cannellini Greens, The Easy Ham Glaze Recipe That Will Instantly Upgrade Dinner, How to Grill Pork Tenderloin Thats Juicy Every Time, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 1-1/2 cups panko-style (Japanese) breadcrumbs. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half. Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, until the oil shimmers. Set aside. If you just threw your cold meat into the frying pan, the outside of the chops would get dry and overcooked before the center of the chops is ready. Web1 teaspoon water, or as needed. Let the meat rest for a few minutes prior to slicing. If theyre 2 inches thick, you would cook them for 20 minutes on each side. Place the pork chops in a shallow dish and pour the brine over top. Its really easy to overcook pork chops and then they just taste bland and tough. The answer may vary depending on who you ask, but we recommend frying pork chops at a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit. I love hearing from you! Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork. Add the oil and butter, the peeled whole garlic cloves, thyme, rosemary and give them a stir until fragrant. Its worth the waittrust us! Pan-frying uses high, direct heat to cook. 1 serving: 237 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. This is great news: pork at this temp is much more tender and juicy. This was amazing! Swirl the Dig into juicy, perfectly-cooked pork chops every single time. Once your skillet is heated to the proper temperature, add some oil or butter to the pan. After a quick sear, these Skillet Braised Pork Chops are cooked low and slow in a balsamic pan sauce to create an incredibly savory meal. Arrange chops in single Bake at 450F for 20 to 25 minutes. Once they are flipped, add the garlic, onions, and fresh herbs like rosemary and sage. It's hard to believe that Susan Taul's tender pork chops and honey-mustard sauce are so low in carbohydrates. Step 1: Let the pork chops rest. Makes 4 to 6 servings. For example, if you want your pork chop to be cooked through, but still juicy, youll need to cook it for about 8 minutes per inch of thickness. I made it tonight and my husband, 5 year old, 4 year old and 2 year old devoured it. Using your dry, dominant hand, pile Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork Pork Chops. Preheat your electric skillet to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Drain grease from pan and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Also, I added dairy free sour cream. Are you wondering what Im talking about? Electric skillets dont require oil or grease, and the meat cooks evenly. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Thanks so much for sharing! "name": "What Temperature Do You Cook Pork Chops on an Electric Grill? They they get nestled back in to finish cooking in the gravy, making this a really easy one-skillet dinner! Lemon Garlic Pork Chops with Parmesan Tater Tots. It was a great dinner that took well under an hour to put together, even with baking the potatoes. Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. While the pork rests, make the pan sauce. Yay, I'm so glad you loved it Jennifer! Heat your electric skillet to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. , In the same pan, saute onion in drippings until tender. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the butter to the skillet. HERE: youll get free bacon AND $40 off your first two boxes. In a large electric skillet set on medium-high heat, warm the oil. Arrange chops in single Bake at 450F for 20 to 25 minutes. Let the meat rest for a few minutes prior to slicing. Season the chops with salt and pepper (or your favorite seasoning blend) on both sides. Repeat with the remaining pork chops. Serve over pork chops. Hope They will like it. Im Brian Danny Max, a chef and a writer at cookingtom.com. Make sure you know which cut of pork is bestfor your recipe. This will result in pork chops that are cooked through but still juicy and tender." Second, be sure to preheat your skillet before adding the pork chops. This will result in pork chops that are cooked through but still juicy and tender. (Just wait until you make some scrambled eggs in this. No matter which way you choose, most of the steps are the same. In a. 4 (4 oz) boneless pork chops, about 1 to 1 inches thick, 3 tablespoons flour (I use white whole wheat but any kind is fine), teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped (or teaspoon dried thyme), 1 tablespoon nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or use sour cream). Fraya is a chef and a contributing writer at Food Network. I feel like the food is suspended in the pan almost, everything slides around so easily. The key to a yummy pork chop recipe is not overcooking the pork. This is my new favorite pork chop recipe!!! Thanks for sharing! } ", ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Cook until onions are softened and lightly browned, being careful not to burn the garlic. For thicker chops, brown on both sides then check the internal temperature with a digital thermometer. She is a prolific quoter of FRIENDS, lover of weekend DIY projects and procrastinating fitness enthusiast who enjoys exploring the Milwaukee-area with her husband, daughter and ugly mutt named Tyson Doodles. Breading pork chops is a smart way to help them retain moisture and add texture. Ingredients: 6(chops .. crumbs .. eggs .. oil .. salt .. vanilla), Place flour in a shallow well mixed. Im here to talk about food and cooking, and to share some of my favorite recipes with you all! } A pork chop isnt any different from a sirloin, T-bone or a ribeye steak. Add pork chops to the pan and sear I love your tips about buying the roast and slicing it yourself. Third, be careful not to overcook the pork chops. All Rights Reserved, Tara Donne, 2016, Television Food Network, G.P. Follow this helpful step-by-step guide to learn how to fry pork chops and transform them from dull to delicious! Editors Tip: Cold chops would require a longer cooking time to reach a safe internal temperature. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it Laurie! 2023 BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. Like pan fried fish, it's hard to beat a pan fried pork chop and yours looks delicious. Just be sure not to overcook them! Hi there! You'll most likely have leftover goat cheese. Such a classic, comforting combo, right?! Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. WebHeat a large skillet over medium heat with enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the chops (about 1/4 cup). [Text]: how to cook pork chops in electric skillet Heres what to do if your breading falls off while cooking. I needed to make it dairy free. All Rights Reserved. Add the Greek yogurt to the gravy and stir to combine. Id put them up next to a great steak any day of the week. Four bone-in pork rib chops, about 1 inch thick (2 pounds; 900g), 1 tablespoon (15ml) extra-virgin olive oil, 1 medium red bell pepper (5 ounces; 150g), stemmed, seeded, and very thinly sliced, 1 medium green bell pepper (5 ounces; 150g), stemmed, seeded, and very thinly sliced, 1 large yellow onion (12 ounces; 340g), thinly sliced, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (265ml) dry white wine. I remember making a recipe like this when I was still in school. For bone-in pork chops that are 1 inch thick, cook for about 3 minutes per side over medium heat. Slide the pork chops back into the pan and spoon some of the sauce on top. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Sign up for new recipes and get my FREE e-cookbook! Sprinkle, For Rub: In small bowl, and cumin. [Text]: cooking techniques for pork chops. Easy skillet pork chops with gravy are tender, creamy and seriously comforting! Season them all over with salt and pepper or salt and pepper mixed with a blend of spices. "text": " Published on January 16, 2019 Last Modified: February 22, 2023 By Kathryn Doherty. } This is exactly how I cook mine. 2 season your pork chops with salt and pepper (or your favorite seasoning blend). Lauren Habermehl is a recipe developer, food photographer and creator of the blog, Frydae. ", Heat your electric skillet to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. [Text]: how to cook pork chops in electric skillet Let them cook undisturbed on each side, turning only once. Remove and keep warm. Add the flour and whisk to combine. Another stove top pork recipe I love is Pan Fried Pork Medallions. Plate them up, spooning some of the sauce and onions over the top, and serve them with your choice of sides. When youre frying thin pork chops over medium-high to high heat, 2 to 3 minutes per side is just right for browning and cooking them all the way through. "@type": "Answer", Sprinkle in the thyme, salt and pepper. You may have caught that I mentioned Butcher Box in the video for this recipe. I dont have chicken broth but I do have beef broth, you think it'd be okay to sub that in? Outside burnt. Coat pork chops with breadcrumbs and herbs and then crisp them to perfection in a skillet. The resulting taste and flavor made my error obvious. While the oil is heating, sprinkle one side of the pork chops with salt and pepper. But save enough to drench the pork chops. Remove them from the skillet and let them sit for 5 minutes. I've never tried this gravy without one of those, but I know you can always just use milk to make gravy. My mom used to occasionally make pork chops but they were always terribly dry!