The plot of the series revolves around a group of kids who live on Degrassi street inOntario, Canada. He was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards in 2018 for his performance in Boost. Some of Jahmil Frenchs notable credits include Lets Get Physical, The Night Before Halloween, Remedy, The Divide, Rocky Road, and The Infamous.. Jahmil French, seen here visiting Build to discuss the series "Soundtrack" at Build Studio on December 18, 2019 in New York City, passed away this week at age 28. RIP. I will have more to say about him later. He most recently played Dante Sands in Netflix's "Soundtrack". ESSENCE.com is part of ESSENCE Communications, Inc. Jahmil's death was confirmed by his representative, who didn't divulge exactly how Jahmil died but asked for thoughts and prayers for the actor's family. He was always dancing. Melinda Shankar, Jahmils on-screen love interest, wrote, So grateful for memories and deep convos with you, beautiful angel. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Its almost impossible to say only Degrassis fans are shocked by 29-year-old Frenchs passing. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of a dear friend and client Jahmil French, Kachman said in a statement. His passing was announced on Twitter by fellow Candian actress Cristine Prosperi, who shared pictures of the two of them with the caption: My heart is so heavy.. February 27, 2023 new bill passed in nj for inmates 2022 No Comments . A cause of death has not yet been confirmed. Depression may have Caused. She also has shared a video of Jahmil dancing on Twitter. After starring in Degrassi, French joined the cast of Canadian film, Boost in 2017. He played Trey Page on the medical drama Remedy and portrayed the character Snacks on the aerobics-themed comedy series, Lets Get Physical. Frenchs co-stars expressed their grief as they remember him for his energy and warmth. Jahmil French, known for his role as Dave Turner in the hit Canadian series Degrassi: The Next Generation, has died, his representative Gabrielle Kachman confirmed to Deadline. ", Stefan Brogren, who was one of the original Degrassi cast members and stands as the longest-standing character on the series, also mourned the actor on social media, writing, He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily. "You will be missed," she commented. He was always dancing. Rest In Peace .. A true talent and a great friend. The story regarding this young mans death is still developing, and well update the post when more information becomes available. They will all miss Jahmil so much. Last time I saw him, he was nominated for a CSA for his work in the movie Boost and I was certain he was only getting started. Just a . An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated French was 29. There are numerous comments on Frenchs last Instagram post, which is simply captioned with a smiling emoji. Right now were all just processing this devastating news.. Essence may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Rest In Peace ." Tributes to Jahmil flooded in shortly after news of his death. Former Bad Boy rapper Black Rob passed away on April 17 at the age of 51. Safran worked with French on the short-lived Netflix series Soundtrack, a musical drama set in Los Angeles where French played Dante Mendoza, who works to adjust to life outside of prison. RELATED STORIES. She said that he was fun and full of energy, and she will always think of him that way. Jahmils death was confirmed by his representative, who didnt divulge exactly how Jahmil died but asked for thoughts and prayers for the actors family. Memory of Alex Murdaughs Son & Wifes Death Hunt Him AllTime. It was a pleasure to work with him and he will be missed. The cause of Jamil's death has not been revealed as of yet. RIP., Im surprised at how upset I am about Jahmil Frenchs death. a fan of Degrassi wrote, Degrassi was one of those shows I rushed home from school so I didnt miss anything. Safran added that shes only posting because she sees the story getting out there. French's cause of death remains unknown. On his Twitter account this Tuesday, French's friend and the executive producer of his 2019 project, Soundtrack, confirmed that he had died. On Tuesday, March 2nd 2021 it was revealed that Jahmil French had passed away the day. French last posted to Instagram on Jan. 18, sharing a selfie with his followers along with a smiley face emoji. Jahmil French, who starred as Dave Turner on Degrassi: The Next Generation, has passed away at the age of 29. He also added that French would be remembered by people for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. The rep asked people to keep his family and friends in their thoughts and prayers at this challenging time.. The 29-year-old actor was best known for playing Dave Turner on the popular teen show. He was an integral part of the Degrassi family and certainly a huge part of my degrassi days. Jahmil French, who played Dave Turner on Degrassi: The Next Generation, died on Monday, his agent Gabrielle Kachman confirmed to Variety. Truly one of a kind. Our thoughts are with Jamils family, friends, and fans at this time. Melinda Shankar, who shared screen space with Jahmil on Degrassi, also penned a tribute for the late actor. Jahmil French (July 29, 1991 - March 1, 2021) was a Canadian actor, most noted for his role as Dave Turner in Degrassi: The Next Generation (2009-2013), for which he received a Canadian Screen Award nomination for Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series at the 1st Canadian Screen Awards in 2013. I will have more to say about him later. A true talent and a great friend. Rest In Peace. Us day News also learned today that that Bunny Wailers cause of death could be related to his latest stroke. His former co-stars shared the story of young Frenchs death on social media. It has been updated to reflect he was 28. He was always dancing. Rest in Peace pic.twitter.com/6RewkjcFa1. I will have more to say about him later. This is crazy news French played Dante Mendoza on the first season of the show. I will have more to say about him later. Wanted to pay my respects to an incredibly kind, funny, and talented individual; Jahmil French. Thank you for portraying one of the most realistic Degrassi characters. Canadian actor Jamil French has passed away at the age of 29. "It is with a. So full of energy and fun. How did Louis Nix Die? Jahmils work on Degrassi earned him not just the love of a loyal fanbase. ", "He was such a special person and I'm so grateful for the memories we made," she continued. No cause of death has been confirmed. How Jahmil Degrassi die? is the question which is obviously notable in almost all posts. The news was confirmed by the late Jahmil French's co-star, Chisme Chica, on the Netflix series Soundtrack on Twitter. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. Since news of his death emerged, fans and friends have been flooding the comments with heartfelt messages. pic.twitter.com/aWLHzsGUkf, More Like This:How did Louis Nix Die? He will be so missed by us all. I just hope you knew how loved you were.". News has reached out to French's rep for comment. So full of energy and fun. Did you encounter any technical issues? He disarmed you with a smile and his confidence and energy was infectious. Variety is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Christina Milian, who starred alongside French on "Soundtrack," was among the stars to leave a tribute. Still in shock. Screenwriter and producer Joshua Safran, who worked. pic.twitter.com/6upmYClo3r, Heartbroken over the loss of our friend Jahmil French. French starred in . Outer Banks Renewed for Season 4 Ratings: WWE, Shark Tank Lead Friday "I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday . Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. Everytime we interacted you were awesome. His passing was announced on Twitter by fellow Candian actress Cristine Prosperi, who shared pictures of the two of them with the. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. Gone way too soon. Jahmil appeared in seasons 9-13 of the series, with his last appearance on the show being in 2013. The two worked together on Netflix's "Soundtrack." Right now were all just processing this devastating news.. Your effort and contribution in providing this feedback is much 2. Jahmil French, the actor who played Dave Turner on the long-running series Degrassi and Dante Sands in Soundtrack, passed away at 29, according to his costars . 10:07 PM EST, Tue March 2, 2021. pic.twitter.com/6upmYClo3r, Co-stars Annie Clark and Cristine Prosperi, Fiona Coyne and Imogen Moreno respectively on the series, also paid tribute to Jahmil in posts that reflected on the memories that they shared with the spirited actor. Heres what we know. Possibly; still, nobody knows. Jahmil French, the actor best known for playing Dave Turner on Degrassi: The Next Generation, has died at age 29. Just Fontaine is best known for the 1958 world cup match, where he was the tournament . On Tuesday,Melinda Shankar, who played Frenchs girlfriend in the show, described him as one of the most talented, sympathetic, kindest, funniest friends she has. Though not all of us have kept in case contact since Degrassi ended and not for any reason other than the simple fact that time and life go on 0 at the end of the day, we are a family. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of a dear friend and client Jahmil French, Kachman said in a statement. His former club, Stade de Reims, and the French Soccer Federation confirmed this news. ET. He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily. He played Trey Page on the WeTV crime series, The Divide, in 2014. Ill miss our dance offs.#Bhandurner forever., A post shared by Melinda Leanna Shankar (@mindyshankar), Christina Milian, who starred in Soundtrack wrote a message under Frenchs Instagram post from January saying You will be missed. "Only posting because I see the story getting out there. She passed away peacefully November 12, 2020 at her home in Germantown, TN surrounded by her loving husband, six children, sons and daughter-in-laws, and her grandchildren. Stefan Brogren, a Canadian actor, producer and director who was a cast member of Frenchs on Degrassi, praised the actor for his performance on the show. Great Author Bob Proctor Passed Away at 88, The Star Dakota Skyes Cause of Sudden Death is Unknown, Autopsy Result Clarifying Prophet TB Joshuas Cause of Death, Suicide Led to TikToker Leah Cantillons Death at a Young Age, Kings Gate CoFounder Rob Skibas Cause of Death is Unknown Yet, Smokie Bassist Terry Uttleys Sudden Death at 70 Confirmed, Nebraska State Senator Rich Pahls Passed Away, American ArtistJames Bama Unfortunately Passed Away, Tragedy of Football Player Sione Veikosos Cause of Death, EX Chargers Quarterback John Hadls Cause of Death at 82. This video is how Ill always think of him. Watch: "Degrassi" Star Jahmil French Dies at 29. Just Fontaine's world cup record. (Degrassi: The Next Generation also starred a young Aubrey Graham, aka Drake as Jimmy Brooks). pic.twitter.com/ZbCyqNulkC, Stefan Brogren (@stefanbrogren) March 2, 2021. The cause of the young actors death and the circumstances around it remain undisclosed. Jessie Lemonier: 5 Things To Know About The Former NFL Player Dead At 25. "It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of a dear friend and client Jahmil. Sad news on the day of March 2, 2021, as its been announced that Canadian Screen nominated actor Jahmil French has died at the young age of 29. someone shared on Twitter, This talented actor was known for starring on the CTV/Much series Degrassi: The Next Generation, as well as the drama film Boost., I cant believe Jahmil French died. a fan of him wrote, I used to watch degrassi: tng when I was younger and the fact that he passed away at only 29 and reading his former degrassi costars posts about him is heartbreaking., So sad to hear about the passing of Degrassi cast-member Jahmil French. Matt Huether tweeted in Frenchs death, An endlessly talented & charming performer who was always fun to write for. "Only posting because I see the story getting out there. He was a great young man with a great heart and the beloved friend of many. Monique Samuels Divorce Rumors From Chris After 10 Years! Toronto-born actor Jahmil French, known for his roles on Degrassi: The Next Generation as well as Netflix's Soundtrack, has tragically passed away at the young age of 28. This is a real loss. jahmil french cause of death tmz. He was always dancing. pic.twitter.com/6upmYClo3r, Melinda Shankar (@melindashankar) March 2, 2021. His role earned him a nomination for Best Supporting Actor at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards. Jahmil French known for his performance in the Candian teen drama Degrassi: The Next Generation has passed away. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. "I still can't believe it. The actors last work in a film or TV show was the Netflix series Soundtrack, where he features as Dante Mendoza. The executive producer of Frenchs Soundtrack, Joshua Safran, shared the tragic news and called him an inspiration.. He was 28 years old. Its important to notice the family privacy needs to be respected in such a difficult time theyre experiencing. So full of energy and fun. The actor was well-known for his performance as Dave Turner in the popular show, Degrassi: The Next Generation . "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. Loading the player. 2023 Cable News Network. He was 60. The news was announced by TV writer and executive producer Joshua Safran who wrote on Twitter: I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday, Safran wrote. He also shared his grief and said that French will be missed. Im sick with the news of Jahmils passing. Stefan Brogren, who played Snake on Degrassi: Next Class and served as a series producer, paid tribute to French on Twitter. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Rest In Peace .. The Canadian actor, who played Dave Turner on the series, joined the cast in Season 9 and was only 29 at the time of his passing. I will have more to say about him later. Actor Jahmil French, who starred in "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has died at 29 years old. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. I ask that you keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time., Joshua Safran, who worked with the actor on Netflixs Soundtrack in 2019, also confirmed news of his co-workers death in a tweet that read, I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all-around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. Truly one of a kind. The actor's death was confirmed by . < 'Degrassi: The Next Generation' actor Jahmil French passes away at 28, Cassie Steele's Buss It Challenge Video Has Impressed Her Degrassi Co-star Drake, Brie Larson Teases New Project With Tessa Thompson, Says 'Were Cooking Something Up', Ashley Benson On Keeping Her Relationships Private; Says, 'It's More Sacred That Way', Dolly Parton Gets Her Shot Of COVID Vaccine; Calls It 'dose Of Own Medicine'. DEGRASSI actor Jahmil French has suddenly passed away on March 2, 2021. Jahmil French, who starred as Dave Turner on "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has passed away at the age of 29.The actor was confirmed dead by his friends and co-workers on social media on March 2 . We are bound together, forever, by the unique experience we call Degrassi. Right now were all just processing this devastating news.. "Only posting because I see the story getting out there. Read More:How did Michael Gudinski Die? For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online. Heartbroken over the loss of our friend Jahmil French. Right now, heres what you need to know. Frenchs last photo on Instagram, posted on January 18 also has comments from fans wondering what led to his death. Click to Subscribe to Get Our Free HollywoodLife Daily Newsletter, Drake's Unrecognizable In Decade-Old 'Degrassi' Throwback Insta -- See Before & After Pics, Drake Has Us In Our Feelings After He Gushes Over 'Degrassi' Costar's #DoTheShiggy Dance, Drake Feels Bad People Were Left Out Of 'Degrassi' Reunion-- It Was Nothing Personal, Jessie Lemonier: 5 Things To Know About The Former NFL Player Dead At 25, Beautiful Nature-Inspired Baby Names Used By Celebrity Parents, Did Vanderpump Rules Tom Cheated on Ariana With Raquel? Only posting because I see the story getting out there. Is Nanci Griffiths Cause of Death Related to a Health Problem? So suddenly and without any news of an illness with an unknown cause of death, the Soundtrack young stars death shocked everyone. The news was announced by TV writer and executive . There are so many memories to look back on, wrote Jessica Tyler in a lengthy post. Variety and the Flying V logos are trademarks of Variety Media, LLC. For iPhone clickhere, for Android clickhere. Right now we're all just processing this devastating news.". He will be remembered by many for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. Family, friends and fans are saddened to hear of the Degrassi actor's passing and have paid tribute. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. dolan funeral home obituaries; beaver country day admissions; how long does lemon balm stay in your system; marlin 1894 tactical stock; brian henderson jr obituary; pasteurized milk ordinance 2021. kevin gates moroccan father Thank you for being one of the most talented, compassionate, kindest, funniest friends I have., I, along with my castmates, had the pleasure of working with Jahmil for several years. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. DEGRASSI actor Jahmil French has suddenly passed away on March 2, 2021. We will all miss you so much Jahmil, tweetedAnnie Clark, JahmilsDegrassico-star. 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Jahmil French passed away on March 2, 2021, French was 29-years-old and best known for playing Dave Turner on Degrassi: The Next Generation, The 29-year-old actor was best known for playing Dave Turner. I just hope you knew how loved you were., So grateful for memories and deep convos with you, beautiful angel. Also read |Ashley Benson On Keeping Her Relationships Private; Says, 'It's More Sacred That Way', Also read |Dolly Parton Gets Her Shot Of COVID Vaccine; Calls It 'dose Of Own Medicine'. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. A true talent and a great friend. The Sunis your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video. A true talent and a great friend. The Legendary top scorer in the world cup has now passed away at the age of 89. Social Media Sensation Bianca Devins Has Been Killed, Mpura and Killer Kau Died in Fatal Car Accident; Kabza is Alive, Tragic Story Stands Behind Luc Montagniers Cause of Death. Why Felicity Hoffman Sentenced to Only 14 Days in Prison? He will be remembered by many for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. "I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday," Safran tweeted on . He starred in Degrassi: The Next Generation and received a Canadian Screen Award nomination for Best Performance in a Children's Youth Program or Series at the 1st Canadian Screen Awards in 2013. Right now, were all just processing this devastating news. The passing was confirmed to HollywoodLife by Gabrielle Kachman, Jahmils agent and friend. It also earned him a Canadian Screen Award nomination for Best Performance in a Childrens or Youth Program or Series in 2013. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. At the time of publication, Jahmil Frenchs cause of death or circumstance around his passing was unknown. French's cause of death remains unknown. Many of Frenchs former co-stars and friends took to social media with tributes to his family. Here's what we know. Sharing some of my fav pics over the years to highlight his bright light. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. Is Degrassi stars death cause related to the big dilemma of 2020-2021? Discovery Company. Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. @jahmilfrench, you will always hold such a special place in my heart, wrote Melinda Shankar, who played his characters love interest on Degrassi, wrote on Instagram. I just hope you knew how loved you were. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of a dear friend and client Jahmil French, she said in a statement. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Essence.com Advertising Terms. I will have more to say about him . chisme chica (@Anthologist) March 2, 2021. Right now were all just processing this devastating news. He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily, Brogren wrote. Clark mentioned that French was always dancing. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. He was 28 years old. Rest In Peace , My heart is so heavy.. Right now were all just processing this devastating news".