Unfortunately, these FPR are now made in Korea and they no longer include an alternate spring. Use with standard pump only - not recommended for maximum pressure pumps. Shipping was fairly fast. ). Privacy Policy. Call 800.979.0122, 7am-10pm, everyday. The term heavy ends may be old fashioned and obsolete. Gasoline was so light if you left the cap off a gallon can it would all evaporate in a few days. Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout. This satin finish regulator feature 3/8 pipe thread . P/N 12-803, 12-803BP, & 12-804 Installation Instructions 199R7914-3 NOTE: 12-803BP IS NOT TO BE USED WITH MECHANICAL FUEL PUMPS! Gasoline vaporizes according to fuel system pressure. Adjustable Fuel Regulation From 1 To 4 PSI .220 Inch 7/32 Inch Restriction. if you run a holley blue pump it is set at 14psi from the factory and you must run the regulator that came with the pump . Google ethyl acetate and pay attention to it's "pure" boiling point, and remember IMCT is a blend of a white gas family of a petroleum distillate and ethyl acetate. By 1913 it was the other way around. Copyright 2008-2023 OReilly 2023 Holley Performance Products, Inc. All Rights Reserved. the installation of a Holley 12-810 oil pressure safety switch is recommended for installation into the wiring circuit. A larger tank might need two quarts. The only difference that the Holley tech told me between the two springs is the color. f9vxY"IpBQ? order . Then I got this good one, to try to get 1.5 PSI to the Kadrons. Does this need to be mounted upright or is it ok on its side? This is another vexing problem with Ethanol mix, which is about all you can get here in CT. Overview. It will meet your needs and deliver great quality at an affordable cost. Chemistry does NOT work that way - just like adding more any one ingredient to a cake mix will make the cake better. I do not think we hi-jacked the thread - the article is not even available anymore online to read. This Holley universal low pressure fuel regulator is factory-set to 2.7 PSI, but is fully adjustable from 1 to 4 PSI. TURNING THE ADJUSTMENT SCREW ALL THE WAY IN WILL RESULT IN EXCESSIVE FUEL PRESSURE . Reasonable . If this is true, how come adding antifreeze to water raises the boiling point? Please use a different way to share. Fuel Pressure Regulators Instruction Sheet (42712804), Designed to be used with standard pump only, Measures 2-1/2" wide and 1-1/2" tall and deep, This low pressure fuel regulator is factory-set to 2.7 PSI, but is fully adjustable from 1 to 4 PSI, It includes mounting bracket with 2 each self-tapping screws for regulator to bracket installation purposes and 3 screws for bracket to vehicle installation, 1-3/4" hole spacing to mount the regulator to the bracket. A by-pass style regulator has the fuel coming in the same side of the check ball as where the fuel comes out to the carb. Can anyone speak to the validity of this or is anyone currently using an additive for this? Holley carburetors have powered every NASCAR(R) Sprint(R) Cup team and nearly every NHRA(R) Pro-Stock champion for four decades. 3/8 pipe thread ports; 7/32 restriction; . I cannot help you - and no one can without knowing the exact make up of the gasoline being refined where you are. Copyright 2023, Antique Automobile Club of America. In answer to Rusty's comment about adding anti freeze to water, the difference is that water is only one material, H2O, with a single boiling point (varied only by pressure). Too much fuel pressure for a given needle and seat assembly can overload the needle and seat and may cause flooding or drivability problems. Takes a little time to peel back the rubber case then remove the glass with a fine blade screwdriver, reset to zero. bowls after each run, just to see exactly at what temperature the problems become apparent. The issue is simple that one is seeking to "re-blend" their own gasoline from one already sold. BP cannot by law tell you what you can blend into fuel to change its properties - but any petroleum distillate can be used - and the ester family - many of the alcohols we call them - can also be used. . The peak was reached in the sixties when heavily leaded gas of over 100 octane was available. They use gravity feed from vacuum tank mounted under the hood and directly over the exhaust manifold. The seller gratefully sent me a replacement part but the result was the same. Most certainly also, should that be successful, I will then experiment with IMCT as well. (that is this one in the image below) The adjustment spring under the adjustment screw is pushing down on the diaphragm holding the ball off it's . All Holley regulators are pre-set at the factory at 2.8 PSI so there is no guesswork when first installing the regulator. I recently fitted an electric fuel pump to one of the cars. Yes. Features: Adjustable fuel regulation from 1 to 4 psi .220" (7/32") restriction 3/8" NPT ports ( 1 in, 2 out) Chrome finish Mounting bracket included Pre-set at 2.8 PSI About Holley Part Number: HLY-12-803. Some have reported more power, easier starting and cooler running especially in very low compression cars of the twenties and early 30s. Starting in 1970 leaded gas was taken off the market resulting in the gas we have today. ***The inlet pressure limitation is 7 psi. In those days before 1905 kerosene had a strong piercing odor and coal oil lamps sometimes exploded. Joined: Apr 7, 2008 Posts: 1,727. This will ensure that the pump will not continue to operate after the engine is . [endif]-->,