Been looking all over for it. Thanks for reading! Now for me, this is where it gets a little pricey and in the $7 per pound range you could get fresh cod, lamb leg. Whereas it is the best dinner idea at the weekend. To make a gyro meat recipe, start by seasoning the meat with a blend of garlic, oregano, coriander, cumin, and chili powder. Its on the line of a taco. Remove the gyro slices from one of the packages and heat through in a skillet over Medium High heat for about 5 minutes. Grill it for almost 8 minutes, and then serve it with tzatziki sauce, fresh lettuce, sliced onions, and anyone your favorite sauce. The heating instructions for the meat slices is providing on the packaging and simply state: The meat is already fully cooked so all we are really doing is heating things up. Its like eating boiled rubber. If you cook the gyro meat in the air fryer, you risk drying out the meat and not producing a delicious outer crust. Mix to combine. It typically consists of seasoned ground lamb, beef, or chicken that is roasted on a vertical rotisserie, then thinly sliced and served with a flavorful tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, onions, and sometimes feta cheese. Daphne's Gyro Meat at CostcoCostco sells Daphne's Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices for $11.79. Costco gyros are a great way to enjoy a delicious and convenient meal without having to make it from scratch. But it takes too much time to cook perfectly. Fully cooked, they also eliminate the need for special equipment and make it easy to quickly serve customers. The Costco gyro meat slices in pita bread are known as Doner Kebab in Turkey and gyros in Greece. Gyros have a high iron content, which is required for blood and metabolism as well as the production of oxygen. If you make your own gyros at home then, after you figure n the cost of the pitas, veggies and tzatziki sauce, your gyros will probably end up costing you about $2.25 each to make. 88/3.6 oz. Moreover, it is the best regular weeknight meal and delicious dinner to serve in front of guests. However, if you buy 24 ounces of daphne's beef and gyro meat at Costco, it will cost you $11.79. Hope this helps. preheat the oven to 325. put the onion in a food processor and process. Dont waste your money on this Dauphne product its just not worth even a dollar to me, ruined the meal, wasted the pita, sauce and fixings. I know when I make my loafs, I havent mastered that super thin slice, and mine end up looking more like meatloaf on the plate. I worry about the general term spices but so far Im okay (allergic to nightshades and paprika is very deadly). Set aside. This item is shipped frozen. You can use the strips to top an Asian salad. About this item. Fat. There are 320 calories in 1 plate of Daphne's Greek Cafe Fresh-Carved Gyros Plate. You can use an air fryer for gyros. Dont know how anyone could compare this product to actually tasting like gyro meatdisgusting. These bring me back to the days of living in NYC and working in midtown Manhattan. This can be served in 1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Combine all gyro meat ingredients. Instructions. These are located in the delis refrigerated section and in my particular Costco they are located near other items such as the. Yes, we always freeze the second package to eat in a few weeks. junho 16, 2022. It is serving with tzatziki sauce and other sauces make it more delicious. Add onions, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and bread . We bought two packs of this from Costco thinking it would be wonderful. Daphnes California Greek is a restaurant specializing in Greek foods, and healthy ones at that, as most dishes are under 700 calories. The packaging says to serve this with pita bread, but Ive tried the pita bread from Costco and I personally wasnt a big fan. We are big fans of the gyro meat. In your food processor, process onion, garlic and the rest of the spices until finely chopped. We love gyros for dinner, but I dont always love taking the time to make the gyro loaf. Another way of looking at the value proposition of this meat is that there are twelve servings per package which works out to a cost of $0.98 per serving. Each 12oz package seems to be just enough for about 2 people. Add ground beef and process until the mixture is soft and like a paste. How long do you think it is good for? Cover the aluminum foil with a single layer of Costco Gyro Pita Greek Style meat slices. We're Matt & Lora. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Carved Beef & Lamb Slices: Beef, Water, Lamb, Bread Crumbs {wheat Flour (wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour), Yeast, Ammonium Carbonate}, Binder (cellulose Powder, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid . Daphne's Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices From Costco#costco #gyro #daphnegyro Salty! The meat is cut into thin strips and mixed with onion, tomato, and tzatziki sauce. Use on Naan the first time and Whole wheat pita the second time and both ways it was great. Gyros are pretty straight forward to make. Each serving size is 2 ounces, which means six servings in each bag. While the calories are not in a very big amount. If you do go with Daphnes Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices, try pairing it with either Pita or Naan, and make your own tzatziki dip with greek yogurt. The slices are fairly uniform in size and about 2-3 inches long and 1 and a half inches wide. Grab you some pita pockets, add some sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and onions along with the meat slices and top with tzatziki sauce. Its pretty simple to cook the gyro meat. Gyro meat is a heavily and fully spiced cone of meat that is nicely sliced. Depending on the region it is either made with pork, chicken, lamb, or beef. Fat 51 g. They are 190 calories and contain seven grams of protein, with no added sugar and only five grams of carbs per two-ounce serving, according to Fooducate. Track macros, calories, and more with MyFitnessPal. Flatten and smooth the meat into a nice meatloaf as shown below. All you have to do is heat up the meat for a few minutes in a pan, heat the pita bread, assemble and enjoy! If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. For the person who complained about the meat after it was fried, good grief you dont fry it! Daphne's Beef/Lamb Gyro Meat - 2 Boxes. Explore Daphne's Beef And Lamb Gyro Slices with all the useful information below including suggestions, reviews, top brands, and related recipes,. This package from Costco does tastes pretty similar and is just as satisfying as the street corner versions from NYC. They would be great for a busy family, or if you decide randomly that you HAVE to have Greek food for dinner, but it's already 4pm. Finely ground beef and lamb are commonly used in mass-produced gyros in the United States. Essentially these companies are going to handle all production and distribution and just place the large brands name on the packaging and/or product. It has a very delicious taste that can be eaten with various sauces. The gyro meat slices can be topped with your favorite toppings. Once the meat is cooked through, serve with flatbread, vegetables and tzatziki sauce for a delicious meal. Red onions . I would probably get them again but knowing that these are a little off in flavor but the convenience of them wins out. The problems are: But Daphne's Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices take all the hard work out of gyro preparation, and that's why so many shoppers were excited to see the product pop up on Costco's shelves. Protein. You will need to ensure this item is stored at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below. 32 lbs. Add in all of the seasonings as well. Net carbs are calculated by subtracting fiber from total carbs. Heat pan to medium-high heat and add in Daphne Gyro meat. How To Bake Escargot Perfectly: A Guide To Cooking The French Delicacy, How To Make A Delicious Gyro Sandwich At Home. Serving Size: 2 oz. Very disappointed no real flavor, emphasis on real! Has over 30% of the daily max. To begin, a small amount of oil can be added to a pan and it will heat on medium-high for a few minutes, until the slices are crisp. I hope so; this article will be informative for you. Its pre-cooked and ready to eat, so its great for those on the go. Lightly oil a 9x13-inch baking dish. Because it is generously seasoned with salt, herbs, and spices, it is extremely flavorful. Daphnes Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices are easy to cook and make a delicious meal. We froze ours to keep them longer in between. Create an authentic gyro sandwich without hours of preparation thanks to these Kronos fully cooked traditional gyros slices. For the other complainer, Ive never tasted clove or cinnamon. Enjoy your delicious . The 1.38-pound container can easily be tossed in the fridge for the days you need a quick lunch or dinner. Now you can bring the bold taste of your favorite restaurant home with Kronos Gyros Slices. Put your gyro slices on a microwave-safe plate. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Make it with their tzatziki sauce, tomatoes and onions in a tortilla." MadMex! Gyros are usually made with a combination of beef and lamb, which is then seasoned and cooked on a vertical rotisserie. Lightly salt and then dewater the grated cucumber. what to eat with taramasalata. Tzatziki Sauce: Remove lid from sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes before flipping the pan several times. Add a little bit of oil to a pan and heat on medium-high heat for a few minutes until the slices are cooked through. Gyro meat is also a great way to add a flavorful twist to a salad or sandwich. Sprinkle the aluminum foil with olive oil. Gyros are nutritious because they contain all of the health benefits and are high in protein. Many people love the tender, delicious flavor of gyro meat, but seasoning and cooking the dish to perfection is often time-consuming and tiring. This sandwich is made with a delicious combination of beef, lamb, and Mediterranean spices. Adding gyro meat to a meal is an excellent way to bring out its flavors and make it the star of the show. Ive spoken to a trusted friend who works for a mid to large size company and he mentioned that every once in a while manufacturers or merchandisers will contact his company asking to put his companys name on the product that the manufacturer wants to make. These gyro slices are a fairly unique product and you will often see them randomly placed somewhere in the deli section. Original recipe seasoned with zesty Mediterranean spices. The 1.38-pound container can easily be tossed in the fridge for the days you need a quick lunch or dinner. The smell is something like the smell from a can of pedigree dog food. Again Not Meat and they have added spices that are not traditional in Gyro Meat. And, they are quite tasty. Add more Greek Seasoning to taste. You can make 5 to 6 gyros from one bag of Costco gyro meat. Of course it goes without saying, the Greek restaurants gyro will be more authentic and most likely better tasting. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Moreover, these had seasoned with a distinctive blend of zesty Mediterranean spices from premium cuts of beef and lamb. 2023 The WEBstaurant Store, LLC - All Rights Reserved.Variation ID: Kronos 5 lb. Daphnes Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices: this is NOT Meat. So why dont you give it a try? Preheat oven to 350F. Preheat the oven to 170C / 325 F and set a shelf on the lower third of the oven. Carbs. , or shrimp, which all may provide better value. Froze the second pack and used a month later. User @mrsmaqual expressed her delight about the delicious slices on Instagram, writing, "We discovered these over the summer and I was thrilled that they are back.