My thoughts and prayers are with you Janice and your family. At the end, Marrou, 62, is expected to talk about his future, which, associates say, likely will include travel with wife Kathy and, of course, time with grown twin daughters Molly and Mirage. Previously, Chris was a Reporter at Woai and also held posit Read More Chris Marrou's Phone Number and Email Last Update 11/23/2022 12:54 PM Email c***@vonormytexas.com Engage via Email Contact Number (***) ***-**** Engage via Phone Mobile Number (***) ***-**** Jeanne Jakle is a San Antonio freelancer and the former TV columnist for the Express-News. It takes a while. 1 of 5 Republican candidates Chip Roy (left) and Matt McCall shake hands Tuesday during a debate moderated by former KENS5 anchor Chris Marrou (center). The black-and-white images are from the late 1940s and 1950s, including news broadcasts during Hurricane Carol. Legendary San Antonio anchor Chris Marrou made a big announcement about his future at the station in an interview conducted by anchorwoman Deborah Knapp on Friday night. Just what former anchor Chris Marrou, who turns 70 next month, will be doing on the local CBS affiliate is anyones guess that is, until he spills the beans on television Friday night. Bruce Schwoegler. December 15, 2016 / 12:32 PM Donald Christopher Barber was born in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, on 17 April 1930. It was a pioneering program in its time. Through Cash we see the Jen we knew and loved. Later in her career she became known for her storm chasing. Earlier News by Date Editor on Duty: Mark K. Miller. Stratford, CT CHRISTOPHER MAURO OBITUARY Christopher Mauro Christopher B Mauro, born January 18, 1972, passed away peacefully surrounded by his family on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Salter toiled as an anchorman for both KENS and KSAT for nearly two decades in the '80s and '90s and, most recently, worked as a helicopter pilot for Air Evac Lifeteam based in. Jen leaves behind her loving son, Cash Marrou Vandagriff, her parents; Pat and Dale Marrou, her brother Jordon and wife Hollie, her devoted fianc Trevor Valdez, his daughters Livi and Annika , Aunt Linda and Uncle Dennis Cole of Denver, Aunt Susan Tjong of CA, Uncle Gary and Aunt Myrna Marrou, ex husband Erin M. Vandagriff and Cash's brother Conner, cousins, Carrie (Scott) Metz, CA, Christie (Sam) Clemmons of CA, Christopher (Monica) Cole of GA, Stephanie (Scott) Barker of Denver. He also had a big announcement that we're excited about here at KENS 5: Marrou will be joining the Eyewitness News team once again as we celebrate San Antonio's tricentennial. Obituary: Christopher John Rose. Marrou is known for doing segments where he involved himself in different occupations or tried unique endeavors . Liz Walker/Jack Williams Later that day, several prominent local figures took to the screen, including legendary Mayor James Michael Curley, to deliver their well wishes for this new endeavor called television. Chris Madden, a lifestyle and decorating author and personality who lent her name to furniture and housewares, including a collection for J.C . Normally the ad cost for an Instagram ad post is based on the number of followers on the account. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Many people ask about the amount of money Chris Marrou makes from Instagram. His romantic partner and friend of 30 years, KENS-TV assignments desk manager Sue Calberg, found him. One of Marrou's trademarks is the humorous 10 p.m. capper, the "Eyewitness Newsreel," which he writes and has tailored to the times. He studied political science at Princeton University from 1964 to 1967 before starting his career as a broadcaster. She was born to Carrie Haas Hoehne and Otto Hoehne on September 18, 1924, in High Hill, Texas. As for what shes up to now. She was preceded in death by her husband of almost 60 years, Willie Marrou. Your email address will not be published. . He was 61. RELATED:San Antonio anchor leaving KSAT for coffee. Blogs; Online will; Shop. The significance of this exit isn't lost on Mayor Julin Castro. "There was a four-way stop at what was then Loop 13 and San Pedro, and it didn't need any more! . Reporting in Dallas had been a dream of mine since my days at Baylor. While I was not elected mayor or drafted by the Spurs as I had hoped, Ive been doing a few commercials maybe youve seen or heard them. [2], He returned to San Antonio and worked for WOAI-TV as a reporter, then had a brief stretch in Dallas at KRLD radio. Unfortunately, we couldn't fit everyone we wanted to in just 60 seconds. That's the first thing," he joked. Chris was a cherished husband, son, brother, uncle, friend, and colleague. She was a lovely lady! A private, family funeral service for Mrs. Marrou will be at Broussards, 1605 North Major Drive, Beaumont and her internment at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, 4955 Pine Street, Beaumont. Our commitment to serving this community will never change. Marrou and other well-known anchors, helped KENS dominate the 5, 6, and 10 pm newscasts from the 1970s through the early 2000s. Now. Many people ask this question about the money Chris Marrou makes from Facebook. Dave Maynard Roy and McCall are in the Republican . The job didnt work out as well as hed hoped, however. He was 61. . . It didn't hit me. In her youth she was an excellent athlete and dancer and developed many lifelong friendships. Now, Chris Marrou is returning to KENS 5 Eyewitness News in a special new role. I also still MC events, the next one being the Roy Mass Youth Alternatives Gala coming up on Oct. 21. I'll be glad to help produce it, to write.". Jennifer Susan Marrou, of Windsor Colorado, our beautiful loving mother, daughter, fianc, sister, niece, cousin and friend left us peacefully in the early morning hours of Sunday, January 21, 2018 at the age of 43. Bob faithfully donned that costume every year for the WBZ Children's Hospital Telethon in the 80s and 90s. February 14, 2023 . . When we moved to that part of town, I was eight years old," he said. On a personal note, Roper added: You may not have known, but I was getting through a divorce when I was last at KSAT. San Antonio TV news will be forever changed after tonight. A San Antonio TV news legend is returning to KENS-TV. Bob Salter, the longtime San Antonio TV anchorman with matinee idol looks, a taste for adventure and a passion for flying, died Friday of what appeared to be natural causes in his home in the Texas Hill Country. A few key TV opportunities have come my way, but the timing has not been right., Before leaving the country on one of her many post-TV jaunts, former KENS host Bridget Smith met with ex-colleague Sarah Forgany at a favorite Mediterranean food hangout, Shisha Cafe. . Pre-planning your funeral arrangements takes the burden and stress off your loved ones. For her last birthday, Captain Bob, as she affectionately called him, bought her a really nice bicycle so they could enjoy these scenic rides together. It is an incomparable blessing to be at home with my wife and kids after a 25-year journey on-air in the world of TV news, with nine of those years spent away from my family 50 percent of the time as a Fox News national correspondent. Here, Goldblatt is seen at an elegant event a couple of years back with wife Lori and their four kids: James, Styra, and twins, Sylvie and Jarett. He came home. Add or change photo on IMDbPro Add to list More at IMDbPro Contact info Agent info Recently viewed Please enable browser cookies to use this feature. KENS anchorman Chris Marrou, bottom row, second from left, and newscaster Debora Knapp, bottom, far right, with other members of the stations popular news team during the station's golden years when "Eyewitness News" was an unstoppable No. We have a clip of Bob Lobel's legendary 1992 Sports Final interview with Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, and Larry Bird. "You've really modernized. [7], Chris Marrou is the brother of one-time Libertarian Party presidential nominee Andre Marrou. Here, he relaxes in the pool with his nephew and a large pink pal. DMA 31. . She was preceded in death by her husband of almost 60 years, Willie Marrou. Rene Chris Marrou and Kathy O Marrou Search homeowner info: contact, photos, criminal records & more . This is the official web site for the Lee High School Class Of 1964 However, it's Marrou's past - his more than three decades as a TV newscaster here - that defined him in San Antonio. We have Gail Harris and Chris Marrou, who launched Live on 4 in the late 1970s. ", "It was more personal, more of a family," said Flores, who left KENS and TV forecasting in late 2002 and now runs advertising agency Diverse Media. It's actually a myth about how to make money on Facebook Chris Rene Marrou (born November 12, 1947) is former news anchor for KENS 5-TV in San Antonio, Texas from 1973 to 2009. least busy entrance to yellowstone where is andy griffith buried where is andy griffith buried least busy entrance to yellowstone Ive been able to travel and support seven of my favorite charities most recently the Red Cross in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. She passed away peacefully, of natural causes. HOKA dropped a brand new version of their most popular shoe, Escape to Long Beach, Washington before the summer crowds, You can still overpack the smaller Monos check-in suitcase, Pick up 25 KN95 masks for less than $16 on Amazon, Away released its own everywhere belt bag, This $9 dryer vent cleaner kit keeps hazards at bay, Get a Baby Yoda Funko Pop for 50% off right now at Amazon, This luxe cat scratching post is at its lowest price in 30 days. Chris will be returning in a new role.. "Sitting next to Chris Marrou for the past 25 years has been a joy," Knapp, who has shared the anchor desk with Marrou the longest, wrote in an e-mail. Earlier this year, Marrou, who was born in Nixon but grew up in San Antonio and graduated from Lee High School before attending Princeton University, did return to anchoring again online. Apparently, at least. "Despite the publicity, I wasn't here for the 100th," he noted with a grin. Deborah Knapp caught up with her former co-anchor about a new book and a reason for you to "stay tuned" to KENS 5. After delivering headlines to San Antonians for more than 35 years via KENS 5-TV (part of the Belo Corp.), San Antonio's iconic anchorman Chris Marrou has announced he'll bid farewell to the . . Not only was I anchoring, but I also hit the streets reporting from one flooded neighborhood to another as people were desperately needing to evacuate. Also. Shelby Scott I get to tell amazing stories. God bless her! Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate. Former San Antonio Star Marrou Anchoring Again. "I enjoyed being a municipal judge for a while, and in doing so, I was able to be part of both of the girls' wedding ceremonies," he said. Sitting on more than half an acre and built in 2005, a Terrell Hills home recently listed for nearly $2.9 million features, Charles Haarmann paid just $1,000 for a half-acre lot in what's now the King William Historic District. We have Gail Harris and Chris Marrou, who launched Live on 4 in the late 1970s. She was devoted to her family and worked side by side with them until her passing. Chris Marrou. As for her private life. The citys first zoo featured animals from Texas and Mexico but no giraffe. From desk-bound news anchors to sportscasters and plenty of weathermen, here are just some of the faces on the news that have played a big part in San Antonio's history. Mayra Moreno said shes getting married soon to the love of my life. In May, I landed my job at CBS Dallas station (KTVT). Bob Lobel The hard work to reach new goals begins. That comeback started what many consider KENS' golden era, when Marrou and his team of Cook and weathercaster Albert Flores dominated the TV news with, as Flores put it, "folksy fun. In 1893, he tapped architect, A midcentury Alamo Heights home recently listed for $2.1 million was once home to one of San Antonio's most-distinguished military leaders, according, An 8,800-square-food Terrell Hills mansion built for now-retired AT&T Senior Executive Vice President Richard G. Lindner and his wife has hit the, Members of San Antonio's Ukrainian community gathered with elected officials and others Thursday in front of City Hall for a candlelight vigil, What good is it to live in Mad Men-style home without a chance to engage in some serious leisure? . . The promo wraps up with the iconic 1980s and 1990s anchor team of Bob, Liz, Jack, and Bruce. Here, she's having fun with KENS Saturday morning anchor and reporter Andrea Martinez. Marrou is known for doing segments where he involved himself in different occupations or tried unique endeavors (such as eating a hot chili pepper). But it was on KSAT, where he co-anchored with Karen Gallagher and worked alongside good pal, weathercaster Steve Browne, and sportscaster Greg Simmons, that he made ratings history. "We'd get a 53 share, an audience unheard of today," he said. We are passionate about caring for our community and our planet. So Im single and enjoying freelancing and the freedom I have in my schedule. That also allows him to spend time with his two little girls, Abby and Jackie. Marrou's KENS pinnacle, however, is generally considered to be the 1980s. 1. Appropriately that team reveals to the faces of WBZ today, Lisa Hughes and David Wade, carrying on in the best of WBZ traditions. Mayra Moreno is an anchor/reporter on KTRK-TV, the ABC station in Houston, her hometown. San Antonio viewers frequently write about missing their favorite TV faces of yore. This was the first "lighter" early evening news program to mix lifestyle and entertainment topics with the day's news. A native of Franklin, Mass., Chris attended . With so much change in the media landscape and the way people consume news, it got us thinking about our legacy as New England's first TV station, and how we've been here to document all that change. Back to TVNewsCheck Home. Every day or so you'd see a car go by.". / CBS Boston, By Sean Barnacoat, WBZ-TV Promotions Manager. HOKA dropped a brand new version of their most popular shoe, Escape to Long Beach, Washington before the summer crowds, You can still overpack the smaller Monos check-in suitcase. After a settlement was reached, Salter and KENS parted company in 2000. He even got his law degree, and he practiced for a bit. Find the obituary of Evelyn Marrou (1924 - 2020) from Katy, TX. It looks like he cut the grass, an emotional Calberg said in a phone call Saturday. After tonight's edition, which will look back at the best moments throughout his KENS tenure, the newsreel will retire along with Marrou. Each year when the snow starts falling, people still send us messages about Shelby. . Chris Marrou She lived in Dallas for a few years, before returning to Ft. Collins and the Colorado mountains she loved and grew up packing into on horseback with her Dad. Calbergs Facebook page was filled with heartfelt condolences. It first appeared on-air at 10am on June 9, 1948, and it remained on the screen for hours. Both anchors say the set will feel sadly empty. KENS news anchor Chris Marrou as he looked before retiring in 2009 after more than three successful decades as chief newscaster on the station. [2] KENS 5 news dominated the 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM news slots during the Marrou era.[3]. I'm really going to miss that - and him.". Kay, So sorry to hear of you moms passing He began as a reporter with WOAI-TV in San Antonio. . ShareLife is not just one thingitseverything we do to make your event both personal and unforgettable. Marrou is known for doing segments where he involved himself in different occupations or tried unique endeavors (such as eating a hot chili pepper). There's a shot of Jack Williams with his first co-anchor, Tony Pepper, in the late 1970s, and of course shots of Jack and Liz from the 80s and 90s.