#14 Best Private K-12 Schools in Austin Area. The community at Divine Savior is supportive and tight knit, and I appreciate how closely we can be involved with our children's education and classroom experience. #2 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area. ", "Trinity is very warm and welcoming and also challenging. ", "The teachers here are great. Austin, TX private schools are approximately 26% minority students, which is lower than the Texas private school average of 40%. My kiddos are thriving and love going to school. #2 Best Private K-12 Schools in Austin Area. We don't know how the teachers and staff do it all and make it look so seamless and easy, but we are so grateful to know our kids are getting the best possible education socially, emotionally, and academically., "I remember the day that I interviewed to work here, going home and saying I dont know if I got that job, but I do know thats where I want my child to go to school. I've taught in a lot of places, both public and private, and the degree to which the faculty and staff know the children here is something Ive never seen before at any of my otherjobs. 27 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. St. Austin Catholic School A parochial school to neighboring St. Austin Catholic Parish 1911 San Antonio St. 512 . #6 Best Public Elementary Schools in Austin Area. We are very happy with our experience and access to leadership that it is a very unique approach to learning in today's competitive world.". The top ranked private schools in Austin, TX are Challenger School - Avery Ranch, Cathedral School Of St. Mary and Challenger School - Pond Springs. This school lets a kid feel loved, supported and encouraged to be their best. Its foundation of a college-preparatory set up has allowed me to become more flexible in my school work, as well as feel more prepared entering the next season of my life as a college student. #8 Best Private K-12 Schools in Austin Area. All my friends were there and the environment and overall aura was something that made my life 100x better. ", "Ive been teaching for over 20 years and have taught at other schools. As to the third tier (and you need to consider the religious bent). Its foundation of a college-preparatory set up has allowed. Parent: Summit Christian Academy has been a wonderful school for my family. The entire Eanes ISD is assigned to Westlake High School, the best public high school in the Austin area. The Academy of Thought and Industry has done an amazing job. Parent: We were at St. Andrew's in Middle School and then transferred to public - only to give it a shot - Middle School was great and there was no reason for us to leave, except for to perhaps save money. There is an intentiality in Waldorf curriculum that you will not find in other education models. AHB Community School Photo - A day at Shipe Park helps us celebrate making it to the middle of the month at AHB Community School. I love that the class sizes are smaller to accommodate more one on one learning and pull outs. Read 37 reviews. The best top ranked private elementary schools in Austin, TX include Challenger School - Avery Ranch, Cathedral School Of St. Mary and Austin Peace Academy. We have three children in the elementary school and from the top of admin to volunteers its everything I had hoped for. It is overcrowded and constantly undergoing construction that makes just entering a hassle. Read 4 reviews. We have something for everyone, and I suggest looking through the course guide on the website. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, #1 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #1 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, #2 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #2 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, #3 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, #3 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #4 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #4 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, #5 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #5 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, #2 Best Public Elementary Schools in Austin Area, #2 Best Public Middle Schools in Austin Area, #3 Best Public Elementary Schools in Austin Area, #6 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #7 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #8 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #4 Best Public Middle Schools in Austin Area, #5 Best Public Elementary Schools in Austin Area, #6 Best Public Elementary Schools in Austin Area, #6 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, #7 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, #9 Best Public High Schools in Austin Area, #7 Best Public Elementary Schools in Austin Area, #8 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, #9 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. My kiddos are thriving and love going to school. Schools OPEN SUN, 1PM TO 3PM Video Tour Street View See all 40 photos The best homes deserve the best agents. #9 Best Private K-12 Schools in Austin Area. It serves students located mainly in the Austin and . Featured Review: Middle School Student says Its pretty cool. They are music focused, and, when I went there, have a very Christian focused program. We have three children in the elementary school and from the top of admin to volunteers its everything I had hoped for. We are very happy with the unique environment catered to exploration and innovation that can only be created with the ingredients that the school has cultivated. Families from all grade levels turn out. Read 39 reviews. Featured Review: Parent says My children are in their first years of college and were fully prepared as students and people to navigate all that comes with that transition. Griffin School Photo - Our newest building on campus, Brick Hall, contains a recording studio, science lab, and additional classroom and office space! Adam and Caroline have created an oasis. Ive been impressed at how the teachers differentiate instruction and provide extra challenges to students who are ready for them. 57 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. Griffin is a small, safe haven for the difficult high school years. The 7 Best School Districts in Austin - 2023 Update - Texas Success. Over the time our child has attended Brentwood Christian, they've expanded their sports programs and facilities which has been great at providing a diverse set of opportunities to participate. The community is outstanding and I have had only the best experiences in their athletics departments. I oversaw a team of 4-6 tutors at Martin Middle School (Spring 2016) and Hornsby-Dunlap Elementary School (Winter-Spring 2016). The Academy is a College Preparatory school and therefore, highly focuses on academics and critical thinking alongside instilling study habits and mature behavior to all grade levels! My husband and I have toured over a dozen schools over the years and between our five children have attended 6 different schools. The academics are sometimes heard but come with great benefits. That said, in ways that many schools do not, they are very strict about things that count to parents and keep a watchful eye over their students. ", "Trinity carves out a lot of money for professional development, which enables me to make connections, find resources, and implement ideas that dont exist on campus yet, so we can get better together as a community. 2100 Pow Wow, Leander, 78641; 512-570-6700; Principal Erin Uhlaender; Middle Schools Canyon Ridge Middle School. This is not by the school's choice, simply the outcome of a costly private school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, physical disability, socioeconomic status, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation in the administration of any policies or programs generally accorded or made available to students at the school. But not just safe loved. Class sizes are small (one per grade), which allows for peer relationships to be formed and mature over years. The district is made up of six different elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. So, I asked ChatGPT to explain itself. Grades K-12; Enrollment: 900+. Students' competitive attitudes can be genuinely disheartening and distracting- it's not easy on your mental health to go here. #7 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area. Austin Waldorf School Photo - Grade Two Classroom. Happy to be back! I can't say enough positive things about the owners (Scott & Tracy) and all of the staff. The. Alum: ASU Prep South Phoenix is an overall good school. However, if you tackle it methodically, you will get good results. Our K-8 model lets kids be kids while developing asleaders. Over the years we have seen academics expand, new programs in STEM and athletics introduced. She has made lasting friendships. Senior: Round Rock Christian Academy is a small private school in central Texas with a multitude of benefits. #5 Best Private K-12 Schools in Austin Area. I also had a lot of freedom, being able to order food to school and not have to eat in the cafeteria. The school also continues to invest in upgrading learning facilities and technology to ensure the students have the best resources available to them. I never saw or heard of any real "bullys", nothing more than people being average high school teenagers. It could be a miss, if the teachers are a coach though. Read 3 reviews. Tuition not include $850 annual registration fee or one-time facility use fee of $4,000 per student (new K-8 families only). #4 Best Private High Schools in Austin Area. If you want your student to learn to be creative, innovative and adaptable, pick a school that can demonstrate those skills in action. Read 6 reviews. However, if you tackle it methodically, you will get good results. As with most schools in AISD we dont have all the resources in the world because of recapture and the state, but we definitely make the most of what we have, the food is better than I expected for a high school, and our facilities are getting better year on year. You also have so many opportunities to pursue anything you want with a bunch of classes and courses that are available for any students interest. Read 83 reviews. At least not at first. The Housing Innovations Local Member Council (LMC) provides a forum for ULI members to discuss a broad range of . "After 20 years of homeschooling, we enrolled 4 of our children at Warriors in January 2022. 4 Niche users give it an average review of 4.8 stars. Paragon Prep School 5.0 (16 reviews) Middle Schools & High Schools Elementary Schools Preschools Featured Review: Senior says In my experience, Hill Country Christian School was a great example of a very small school that was run well. With kind staff and supporting friends you're sure to graduate with exceptional grades. Tuition Assistance for K-12 Families Hill Country Christian School of Austin is committed to providing a Christ-centered, classical, college-preparatory education to preschool through 12th grade students in the greater Austin area. 6 Niche users give it an average review of 5 stars. Over the years we have seen academics expand, new programs in STEM and athletics. Sophomore: This school is good for young and passionate students like me, This school provides a superior academic education as well as maturing the whole person - teaching morals, values and life skills. $17,762/mo Get pre-approved 3 Beds 3.5 2,810 Sq Ft This home is popular It's been viewed 533 times. My daughter is currently in 7th grade. 564 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. So you need plan to work incredibly hard to rise above the competitive atmosphere to do well. Read 20 reviews. Featured Review: Parent says Most importantly, I love that our kids get to learn everyday about the love of Jesus. ", "Theres an electricity on the campus between the teachers, the students, and the familiesthat is completely captivating. They offer many after-school programs which include, but are. Parent: Anthem Prep is great for many reasons.class size, leading to individual attention. It really is a place to go to school and have that high school experience. Read 458 reviews. Read 6 reviews. Explore the best schools in your area based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education. Preschoolers are hands-on, energetic, and full of questions. I personally believe that Cedar Park is one of the best high schools in area because there are so many opportunities for students to get involved - no matter who you are, there is a place for you to feel that you belong. Mills Elementary Austin Independent School District (ISD) Public PK, KG-5 Rank: 87th of 4581 Students: 784 Clayton Elementary Austin Independent School District (ISD) Public PK, KG-5 Rank: 93rd of 4581 Students: 692 Cedar Creek Elementary Eanes Independent School District (ISD) Public K-5 Rank: 103rd of 4581 Students: 527 Highland Park Elementary Personally speaking, the price is worth the schooling as the institution prepares students for college, instills Christ-like values, and offers a unique sense of belonging to all who walk on the campus. Read 39 reviews. Austin, TX 78735 (512) 299-9700. . It has a little more than 8,000 enrolled students spread out across 6 elementary, 2 middle schools, 1 high school - all of which received an Exemplary from, the State of Texas. Give us a call at 843-768-3635 to chat about different options or to schedule a showing. #13 Best Private K-12 Schools in Austin Area. Im currently a senior and I have started with them last year as a junior! $9.2 MILLION We prepare our students for Higher Education. Data sourced from the U.S. Department of Education, Niche users, and the schools directly. St. Louis Catholic School Photo - St. Louis has technology at all grade levels, including iPads through 2nd grade and 1-to-1 Chromebooks from 3rd - 8th grades. Recently they had to implement remote learning and it was as if they had it all planned out ahead of time. Throughout my entire journey at APA, I have been encouraged to take on the challenges that come with being a Muslim living in America, school, and other hardships teenagers face throughout their journeys. Lost Pines Road Trip Austin. I was pursuing musical theatre, and that reallyThe school is difficult, very stressful, but does prepare. For Sale: 1 bed, 1 bath 608 sq. Every child has their own chrome book and the lessons (from what my friends in all other Austin schools tell me) are far superior to what others are receiving. Our son started Grace 6 months before the COVID pandemic. She will leave Paragon after graduating from", "My family has been going to this child care center for the last three and a half years. St. Andrew's Episcopal School Photo - St. Andrew's celebrates students as Scholars, Artists, Athletes and Servants in grades K-12! All my friends were there and the environment and overall aura was something. Senior: Very accommodating teachers and small class sizes really help the student learn . AHB Community School Photo - A day at Shipe Park helps us celebrate making it to the middle of the month at AHB Community School. The classes and resources provided are perfect for all students! We have three children in the elementary. Parent: Our child has attended Brentwood Christian for 10 years now (since pre-K), and we have been more than satisfied with the level of care and quality education she has received. 1. Public High Schools. We want asocioeconomically diversecommunity! Best School Districts in the Austin Area [2021 Update] Eanes ISD. Theres one glaring omission when it comes to your typical, run-of-the-mill parent-teacher conference. Located in Austin, Texas, St. Andrew's Episcopal School is a private co-ed elementary, middle and high school for grades K-12. 11% of all K-12 students in Austin, TX are educated in private schools (compared to the TX state average of 5%). ChristianFoundation | EnrichedAcademicExcellence | DiverseCommunity | CommitmenttoFamily, "I feel like Trinity has helped me a lot because they always know where to place me. The teachers are just as. Middle School Student: Its pretty cool. The students are encouraged to dive deep and explore concepts way beyond the surface level. People are less expectant of the difficulties of a larger field of people. Most of the teachers are good. ChatGPT is fascinating and alarming educational professionals. Ive been impressed at how the teachers differentiate instruction and provide extra challenges to students who are ready for them. Earlier this month, Sizemore, 61, was hospitalized in intensive care after suffering a brain aneurysm. Starting in 6th grade, there is a formal athletics program that any student is able to participate in. Before I came here in 3rd grade I had absolutely no interest in reading or math. 122 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. There are, however, a few downsides to the school. Junior: I love the school personally. I have never been to a school like Trinity where every single teacher has known and cared for me. Senior: I have attended Sterling Classical School since 2nd grade and have had the oppurtunity to watch this school grow and develop over that time. Featured Review: Parent says Summit Christian Academy has been a wonderful school for my family. ", "When I made the switch from Trinity to high school, it was a really good exercise. Dynamic Learning We create a holistic learning environment that includes STEM, Fine Arts, Digital Media, and more. 106 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. Featured Review: Junior says Renaissance Academy is the best at its academics and college readiness, it gives the students proper Islamic values and knowledge by providing them with Islamic studies, Arabic and Quran courses. In kindergarten and first grade, the kids are learning how to learn. It has really gotten me to think about where the future may lead, what to do with my life and what opportunities would really support me. Junior: I have attended Regents since kindergarten and I am so thankful. 61 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. The teachers and staff are wonderful and are committed to helping your child succeed. While academics are rigorous and challenging, the environment is one where kindness and compassion are emphasized and modeled. If you want to be a track star, choir kid, theatre kid, band kid, you can definitely find and explore your niche to the highest potential! There's not a single bad thing I can say about this school. Read 2 reviews. Redeemer School Photo - Redeemer offers education through 8th grade. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others. Round Rock ISD . 71 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. Featured Review: Parent says With Veritas Academy it's important to know and understand the school model that you are getting into. TAPPS 5A The best top ranked special education private schools in Texas include Capitol School Of Austin, Rawson Saunders and Starpoint School. Austin Waldorf School Photo - Grade Two Classroom. Hyde Park School Photo - 50 Years of Excellence in Christian Education. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Acres of campus in southwest Austin, Texas. The trips are some of my fondest memories and I am so glad I got to experience them. The teaching staff is stellarinspired and inspiring. The tuition goes to education and teachers, not fancy facilities. I don't think any more is beneficial for students because then it just creates stress but you're not actually making that student smarter or better able to handle a workload. My son has not missed any instruction time; ATI had an immediate plan in place to address distance learning as soon as the students finished spring break. Atx SXSW 2012. 51 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Featured Review: Senior says The learning environment was very rigorous but it helped prepare me for college. She has made lasting friendships and absolutely adores her teachers. The structure of the teaching including the classic model/socratic learning is refreshing in this day. Real science is taught daily! In general, this is a very safe place with no fights and few emergencies, lots of successes, but lots of stressors. Read 658 reviews. Every child has their own chrome book and the lessons (from what my friends in all other Austin schools tell me) are far superior to what others are receiving. Strong study patterns are built up at a young age and continue at every grade. My husband and I have toured over a dozen schools over the years and between our five children have attended 6 different schools. Ive been impressed at how the teachers differentiate instruction and provide extra challenges to students who are ready for them. If forced to choose shortcomings. 13. The Covid response has been outstanding and has taken into account all of the community. Featured Review: Parent says There is no way to state how much of a blessing Griffin was to our family. Read 9 reviews. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. What a gift! The staff and administration genuinely care about the students and strives to motivate them. Parent: With Veritas Academy it's important to know and understand the school model that you are getting into. Here's a roadmap to finding the school you want. Transferred back quickly to SAS a third of way through sophomore year. ", "I used to be a teacher, and Trinity is everything I would hope for and want from a school. School District No. This is an Episcopalian school that does" more 2. The average tuition cost is $12,431, which is higher than the Texas private elementary school average tuition cost of $10,127. The school day only lasts 4 hours, with the curriculum more rigorous and more homework assigned. There's amazing school spirit at sport events and on Friday nights the football stadium would be packed for the game. Featured Review: Alum says I would give this school 4.5 stars, but I'm going to lower it by one point. For the 2023 school year, there are 109 private schools serving 19,331 students in Austin, TX (there are, The average tuition cost is $12,698, which is higher than the, 36% of private schools in Austin, TX are religiously affiliated (most commonly, Show 74 more private schools in Austin, TX (out of 109 total schools). GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The faculty and staff care about the students and challenge them to reach their full potential. Trinity is not just a school it' a community! Walking into a class knowing your teacher cares about your future and education is a really refreshing feeling. Junior: My experience here was absolutely fantastic!! They have welcomed each and every one of our foster children with open arms and embraced each of their individual needs. Featured Review: Parent says We were at St. Andrew's in Middle School and then transferred to public - only to give it a shot - Middle School was great and there was no reason for us to leave, except for to perhaps save money.. Alum: After graduating this year I can wholeheartedly say that Austin Peace Academy has adequately prepared me for college and has given me the ability to adapt to new environments. 83 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. We are able to share constructive feedback, and the administration cares and listens and works to make improvements. 569 Preschools 342 Elementary Schools 148 Middle Schools 112 High Schools 200 Public District Schools 66 Public Charter Schools 500 Private Schools 766 Total Schools Top 5 Schools in This City These are some of the top-rated public schools in Austin based on a variety of measures, including academic performance and equity. They are responsive to parents and always have the student's well being and growth in mind. St Stephens Episcopal School 3 Middle Schools & High Schools "ignored at other private and public schools in Austin. For the 2023 school year, there are 66 private elementary schools serving 15,842 students in Austin, TX.