Look at this sleek green outfit! TonyShalhoub is beloved for his work on the TV showsWings andMonk,along with his many movie roles. You know, a gentiles favorite wine is Cabernet. I crave it. There will be eight episodes total this season, so there's plenty of time to build up to a dramatic, life-altering event. From the time Susie was first introduced on the show, the street-smart manager was portrayed as a tough, hard-shelled woman who has worked hard all her life but is yet to reap the rewards for her efforts. A Jews favorite wine is Im too cold in here.. Kevin Pollak Gushes About 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' Role The third season of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" just started streaming on Amazon, and this morning, the show was nominated for a Golden Globe for best comedy series. Her gig in "Kind of Bleu" proved she'd come a long way from being someone's heartbroken wife to a socio-politically conscious comedienne. I know it's a horrible time, but I don't know what's going on with her. I dont feel like I have a life here anymore. The flushed cheeks! Miriam does. That night, not only did Midge rise to the occasion but she also praised Joel'sparenting skills. The show goes on! It would be awesome if every pilot was a great one, but of course that's just not the case. Midgeused political humorto enthrallher parents (mostly Abe), and thefemalevoters in the crowd saying,"1960. Smart, quirky, female-centric, drenched in pop-culture referencesAmy Sherman-Palladino's singular TV voice has won her legions of fans and critical appreciation over the past two decades, thanks to shows like "Gilmore Girls," "Bunheads," and "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel." Sherman-Palladinothe first woman ever to win Emmy Awards for both comedy writing and directing in a single yearmay . I heard your offer and I instantly thought it was stupid. Many fans would probably agree that the greatest episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is the season two outing "We're Going To The Catskills!" Looking to hone her act, Midge finds a gig with total creative freedom. The fourth season . (Hons.) "Peter Capaldi's monologue from 'The Zygon Inversion' is a phenomenal scene where he . Why do we have to pretend to be sorry when we have nothing to be sorry about? Benjamin, https://giphy.com/gifs/maiseltv-amazon-marvelous-mrs-maisel-Qg3IwTms6Ymt50XTC0. March 15, 20225:50 AM. Im completely consumed by the need of it. She was busy being a fun wife, planning themed nights, raising two kids, and cooking brisketto buy her husband, Joel, prime stand-up slots at Gaslight Caf. When she's not writing, Aya enjoys working out, reading a good book (usually a thriller) with a cup of coffee, and spending time with friends and family. Yet, Midge completely succeeded in making everyone laugh. If you enjoyed these The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4 quotes, check out these other articles: The Cuphead Show quotes, Space Force Season 2 quotes, AppleTV+ Severance quotes, Peacock Bel-Air quotes, Kimi movie quotes, The Sky is Everywhere movie quotes, The In Between movie quotes. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4 Quotes. Nearly five years have passed since Midge Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan) first made sartorial waves in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel pilot. We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing. I'm not gonna lie to you this pretty pink coat is what dreams are made of. Type: Comedic. And she says, 'Mr. A woman of her time, Midge is a cheerleader wife to a man who dreams of a stand-up comedy career, but her perfect life is turned upside down when her husband suddenly leaves her for another woman. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has lost the sparkle that once made it great. Amazon Prime: 10 Best Franchises Available On The Streaming Service. A+ styling. "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," about a Jewish housewife in New York City in the late 1950s, won Best Television series at the 2018 Golden Globe awards. Schneider, I was simply training you to block out distractions. (Image courtesy of Amazon Studios.) The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4 Parents Guide Review, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Parents Guide Review. Shy Baldwin, https://giphy.com/gifs/maiseltv-amazon-marvelous-mrs-maisel-dYna3bcHwV8eq6O1ck, 10. Of course, anyone who watches the show knows that this isn't really why men rule the world (and even though it's 2019 and not 1958, that statement still unfortunately rings true). While there, Midgeentereda drag club and ended up climbing onto the stage. With a new . Check out this list of the best Amazon Prime Video The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4 quotes. Miriam Midge Maisel , The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel , Season 3 : Panty Pose. That Awkward Moment . From the galvanizing (go That is if Maybe shes pretty, maybe shes smart, maybe shes funny. Almost every line of dialogue in the pilot is hilarious and witty, but this line definitely stands out. Brush up on the best stand up from Midge Maisel and then revisit it all by streaming The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel now, only on Prime Video. Watch the new season of The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel now exclusively with your Prime Membership: http://bit.ly/TheMarvelousMrsMaiselS3PrimeVideo SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/PrimeVideoSubscribeAbout The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel:In 1958 New York, Midge Maisel's life is on track- husband, kids, and elegant Yom Kippur dinners in their Upper West Side apartment. I'm in looooove. Dublin House was featured in the 10th episode of Season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4 certainly looks a lot like the show we fell in love with with its beautiful fashion and period-specific sets but it has lost its original purpose, wit . Why do we have to pretend were not hungry when were hungry? Midge Maisel, https://giphy.com/gifs/maiseltv-season-1-episode-l2QEhHqnpFY5Ve4ow, 2. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel comedic monologue. You want a husband who will take a bullet for you, not one who points to the attic and says, 'they're up there.'" Because you are a Jewish, ex-plstics salesman who suddenly opened a club in Chinatown with an English to Chinese directionary from the 1800s. This wasn't an ordinary toast, for Midge rightly remarked,"Who gives a toast at her wedding? RELATED:Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3 Casts Sterling K. Brown. And Stan," she concluded. Arthritis be damned,"jokedMidge asshe left the audience in stitches. https://giphy.com/gifs/maiseltv-amazon-marvelous-mrs-maisel-tv-27IHkmuxOY1CMxr2Uh. Of course, Midge's big mouth does get her in trouble when she actually talks about what she learned about Sophie during her act (oops). The actress plays Rose Weissman on 21:07. A+ styling. Character: The stylish Heather Chandler is "consistently offensive but the tone in which she speaks is sexy, dangerous, and mysterious. "Im really glad to be back in New York City, my home. From: Movie. Season 5 finds Midge Maisel as close to the success she's been working towa Midge operates in two spheres: quirky and colorful or chic and classic. how much is internet on princess? 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' actor unpacks the season 4 finale, including taking Lenny and Midge's relationship to the next level . Reporting on what you care about. Set in 1950s Manhattan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a 60-minute dramedy that centers on Miriam "Midge" Maisel, a sunny, energetic, sharp, Jewish girl who had her life mapped out for herself: go to college, find a husband, have kids, and throw the best Yom Kippur dinners in town. It can change the way people think, which can change the way people act. RELATED:Ranked: All The Streaming Services In The U.S. Like Lorelai Gilmore, Midge has a way of being brave and hilarious at the exact same time, and this is a prime example of that. Unfortunately, Midge's actat cocktail parties, in court . He flirts and floats out The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, about a Jewish housewife in New York City in the late 1950s, won Best Television series at the 2018 Golden Globe awards. This line also serves as a reminder of how much New York City has changed since the 1950s. Or as you'd say, husband? But when her life takes a surprise turn, she has to quickly decide what else shes good at and going from housewife to stand-up comic is a wild choice to everyone but her. Man, when Abes face fell upon seeing that first paycheck, Scene from Up In The Air. And I'm officially losing my mind, which is perfect. Photos by Amazon Studios and HBO Max. The manager looks reluctant, hostile even, to In a fresh take on the show's weekly release schedule, this new, eight-episode season will be You reached through time, Joe Collie! Episode 8 "Thank You and Good Night". She certainly knows how to dress for a theme and hits all the marks for a boat day in this boatneck striped shirt, red scarf, and tan waist-defining belt. Though 'spectacular' takes on a much different meaning once a persons met you." That's because Midge and her family go to the Catskills for the summer and Abe wears a romper. Children are sometimes the funniest characters on sitcoms or even dramas, because they have quippy one-liners. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3 Casts Sterling K. Brown, 10 Facts About The Cast Of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Zachary Levis 10 Best Roles Before Shazam, Ranked, 10 Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Characters By Myers-Briggs Personality Type, It's True, Matt Smith's Post-Doctor Who Success Breaks A 60-Year Trend, The Conners Just Made Jackies Andy Retcon Even More Confusing, Is Pedro Pascal In The Mandalorian Suit? Im going to Paris. This week's newest movies, last night's TV shows, classic favorites, and more are available to stream instantly, plus all your videos are stored in Your Video Library. In our first full introduction to Midge, we see her in this incredible Fuschia number complete with matching gloves and a quirky hat. Chic! As lights went out and theatmosphere became tense,Midge hurried towardsthe stage tocalmthe crowd down. Midge says this hilarious line in the first season episode "Put That On Your Plate!" Singing Exercises. Which Character From The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Are You Based On Your Zodiac Sign? Remember the first time?" What happened to Brian Tarantina, 'Maisel' actor? Midge is seriously powerful in this vibrant red dress. So much family, who are disappointed in me. You cant just run away. Midge Maisel, https://giphy.com/gifs/maiseltv-amazon-marvelous-mrs-maisel-tv-mactNfCoZYCnRN3s9e, 3. Watch the short teaser below: Subscribe to our newsletter. He said,"your mother vomited." . Luke Kirby on Finally Breaking Lenny and Midge's Sexual Tension. Responds Lenny, allegorically, "Everything is Bellmore. '. We're giving you the Maisel classics! Season 4 of the Prime Video series finds its storytelling mired in pointless asides, its dialogue bordering on nonsense, and . ", Bruce describes more objects being thrown at him chalk, crumpled paper, a half-eaten apple "but I soldier on and get through the five minutes. Im just there with the script, in the moment, states Marin Hinkle of her work on Amazons The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which premiered on Amazon Prime in November 2017, has quickly risen to popularity as a shining example of "peak TV."Set in the late 1950s against a colorful New York City backdrop, the comedy follows Miriam "Midge" Maisel a young Jewish American housewife and mother who, upon learning her husband is leaving her for his secretary, stumbles into the world of stand . Why do we have to pretend to be helpless when we're not helpless?Why do we have to pretend to be sorry when we have nothing to be sorry about? Midge says this in the first seasons, and it's definitely one of the funniest lines from the whole show. A green tie-neck top and maroon pants? March 15, 20225:50 AM. Because women think he's cute. But in Maisel, . I just do not want to be insignificant. Susie Myerson, https://giphy.com/gifs/maiseltv-season-1-mrs-maisel-26u48TNL5ZGers9by, 4. I get it now, why men rule the world no high heels. While we impatiently wait for season three, here are 19 ofthe best quotes from The Marvelous Mrs. Maiselabout life, love and being a woman: 1. Im not ready to be a failure just yet. 3 min read. Just as The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 4 was starting, in February 2022, it was announced that the Emmy-winning comedy series would come to an end with season 5. Brosnahan also gave a clue to the tropical nature of the new season with an Instagram post showing a script with bikini and martini-shaped cookies: Not many more details have been spilled about what season three holds in store, aside from the fact that This Is UsstarSterling K. Brownis joining the cast. Hoop skirts. The series will trace the trajectory of Midge's journey as she goes on to pursue a career in the male-dominated, stand-up comedy profession, and transforms from uptown housewife to East Village club performer. That's because Midge and her family go to the Catskills for the summer and Abe wears a romper. This is one of the best ones for sure. Amazon Studios. The entire main cast of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is set to return for the final season, led by Rachel Brosnahan as Midge. Fred's nephew Herbert, a Mepham High graduate, told the alumni association in 2009 that Bruce worked mostly at the farm stand and was "a born storyteller. I don't know what she's doing or where she's going. This quote from Abe is so funny because, before he says it, he explains to Midge that her mother was concerned about her. Oh, do I want it. You should be a bigger man and just let it go, Maisel thinks aloud. "Comedy is fueled by oppression, by the lack of power, by sadness and disappointment, by abandonment and humiliation. The revenge monologue felt less like a standup at first but then it had some really good one liners (papa is always talking about anti Semitic nazis KILLED) but I do feel like its not a viable technique for bigger shows. This article takes a close look at the structure, pacing, themes, setup, style, conflict, and beats of the pilot episode of THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL. Amazon Studios series The Marvelous Mrs. Maiselreceived 14 Emmy nominations and 8 Emmy awards in 2018. According to the alumni association, Bruce attended Mepham High from Sept. 1940 to March 2, 1942, leaving to join the Navy. I do.". Why do women have to pretend to be something that theyre not? Itd be good to see the show take a side. If I got mad at you at 10:00 at night, and I walked out that door, I would not have a place to go. Marvelous Ms Maisel Elimination Game (BEYHOLD YOUR CHAMPION) Midge tried her best but in the end she bombed. The blue turtleneck is such a nice color and goes well with the green skirt. And Midge's humor, one might say, is the ultimate version of staircase wit. Judging by those standards, only women should be funny. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is taking its final bow.. Nice. It's a pairing I wouldn't think of myself (complete with pink lipstick nonetheless), but it's a solid 10/10. Destre Tashjian. Rachel Brosnahan accepting the best actress in a comedy series award at the 70th Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, Calif., Sept. 17, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. Well, Im a woman, so f*ck that. I crave it. 565K views, 2.3K likes, 264 loves, 69 comments, 93 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: Susie might have to hear about MIdge's life, but that doesn't mean she has to remember. Season 1, episode 7Got asked to do a monologue for an agent interview tomorrow, and I couldn't find any normal ones that didn't feel stale online. The Relentless Mrs. Maisel Is Back. Amazon Prime Video The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4 drops its first two episodes on the streaming service this Friday, February 18th. Thaysa Fox. "This is isn't Bellmore." We also don't spend much time with this sweet maroon number, but it's a definite highlight for me. I want it. All rights reserved. A cool cutout design on the collar and sleeves separates this ivory dress from the rest of Midge's expansive wardrobe. Living with his father, Myron, he attended what was then Bellmore Grammar School in North Bellmore. Like I aint got a line drawn in the sand? It would be funny enough if he simply wore the romper around and no-one said anything. I've got a lot of flammable product in my hair. Midge madegood use of her own brand of political comedy asThe Marvelous Mrs.Maiselentered the1960s. December 12, 2019 9:15am. Seatedamongst a crowd of old and youngpeople,he heardhisdaughter riff on aspects of her sexual life. Why do we have to pretend to be stupid when were not stupid? Well, Im a woman. Classic! The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a dramatic comedy but also a lesson in respect, empowerment, managing limits in privacy, and not airing familiar intimacies. Who stands in the middle of a ballroom after three glasses of champagne on a completely empty stomach and I mean completely empty because fitting into this dress required no solid food for three straight weeks. This has been Brosnahan's . "I can't believe I'm losing him to Penny Pan. We can't wait for your return! Herstand-upsmay have landed her (briefly) in jail and cost her relationships, but they have also won her praise. Midge: The horse can go to hell.. Amazon Prime. Every once in a while, though, Abe comes out with a hilarious statement like the one quoted here, and fans can't get enough. Anyone who's seen even the pilot of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" has experienced the life-changing pleasure of seeing Lenny Bruce (as played by Luke Kirby) and Midge Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan) converse. 29. Prime Video dropped a teaser for Season 5 of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," which will premiere April 14. teacher. Revenge. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Miriam "Midge" Maisel is a menace. Tabela de Verbos Regulares. Schneider' for I was Schneider at the time 'Mr. Amy Sherman-Palladino, the creator of Gilmore Girls, has gifted us with the Jewish feminist show we need right now. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel isn't aiming for realism. It's been a long road of really great dresses, good comedy, and one terrible man . Home; Categories. He is the strong but silent type, the kind of guy who would prefer to sit in the corner and read and be left alone (thank you very much). Saturday 2/19/2022 at 3:00AM EST. I get it now, why men rule the world: no high heels. This is one of the funniest Ever since its first, Emmy-award-winning episode dropped in March of 2017, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has thrived on timing. On her wedding day, Midge heartily quipped about fitting into her dress, studying atBryn Mawr, and her husband, Joel Maisel. RELATED:The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: 5 Times We Felt Bad For Midge Maisel (& 5 Time We Hated Her), Abe was embarrassed to hear Midge say, "I don't think I've ever said the word sex in front of my father because my father looks like what you'd think a Columbia professor would look like. Brown first broke the news on Instagram, saying, "Im getting together with Midge and its going to be awesome.. I'm completely consumed by the need of it. . Prepare to get your Valentine's Day laugh-cry on with some of the best WhoHaha Comedy we got! "She's going on and on about this miracle treatment she had done in Mexico. Then they put you on a boat and row you out to sea and they drop the anchor, and you sit there for four hours. But dont f*cking stalk me. . Midge's father, Abe Weissman (Tony Shalhoub), is an amusingly . Put that on your plate! We all decided I should have a nervous breakdown. Won't stop talking about Abbott Elementary. At least, funnier words about the winter holidays were never spoken, and leave it to Midge to make such a smart statement like this one. If women dont realize whats going on in the world, they wont step in and fix it. MidgeMaisel, https://giphy.com/gifs/maiseltv-season-1-mrs-maisel-26u4pgitj1d7Hfn2g, 5. Abe says, "When I was three, I could resole a shoe.". Aya Tsintziras is a Senior Writer at Screen Rant who enjoys writing about TV and movies. Business Economics I - ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS . So I swiped this dialog from my favorite show, \"The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel\" This is my first go at it, but I figured I'd share for anyone else scouring the internet for a fun theatrical monologue. Just because there is a door does not mean you use it. By clicking Sign up, you agree to our privacy policy. Back in the day, "downtown" was a vastly different place, and more well-heeled people like Midge's family would stick to the Upper West Side and never dream of traveling down there. It would be easy to assume that Midge is simply a fun, funny character since she's always got one-liners up her sleeve. anne boleyn ghost photo; serie a predictions windrawwin. The award-winning, hit Amazon series from the Palladinos and starring Rachel Brosnahan will release its fifth and final season starting April 14 . Here are 10 facts about the Emmy Award-winning Amazon Studios series, which just debuted its second season. RELATED: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: 5 Times Midge Was A Good Friend (& 5 Times She Wasn't) Midge soon realizes she wants more than brisket and baby showers. Do you know Sophie Lennon? Set in late-1950s New York . The most striking episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 's third season ends on an uncharacteristically melancholic note for a show so buoyant. Live. The winningest Jewish girl ever: Rachel Brosnahan as Midge Maisel. This green coat dress situation is so beyond exceptional that I can't even take in the lavender gloves and hat. This '50s-style little black dress is so classy!!! When she accidentally stumbles onto the stage at a comedy club, she soon discovers her own comedic skills and decides to use this newfound talent to help her rebuild a different life for herself. I will have a review of the new season coming soon, so make sure to stop back by to check it out. Pop culture was hella ageist this week. Joel struggles to support Midge while pursuing his own dreams. Why do we have to pretend to be helpless when were not helpless? Photos: Amazon Prime Video. Outgoing, somewhat naive and utterly fabulous, Midge enters the world of stand-up comedy. But the moment she grabbed that mic at Gaslight Caf, she bid goodbye to her life as a housewife. So f*ck that. Launching into a genuinely funny routine about Resist the Urge to Binge-watch 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel'. With epiphany and humor based on her pain, Midge thrilled the otherwise dead audience. We're giving you the Maisel classics! Maisel's Need for Revenge | Marvelous Mrs. Maisel | Prime Video\rhttps://youtu.be/JflsDtY-NCs\r \rPrime Video\rhttps://www.youtube.com/PrimeVideo#TheMarvelousMrsMaisel #PrimeVideo Script Database. Then they row you back in and they scrape you down, slap you in the face with old banana skins, charge you $75 and send you home. She has a Political Science and Media Studies degree from the University of Toronto and a Masters of Journalism from Ryerson University. can i take antihistamine before colonoscopy, de donde son los pescadores del rio conchos, 50 weapons of spiritual warfare with biblical reference, what does the word furrowed connote about the man's distress, who is the sheriff of jefferson county, alabama, plants vs zombies can't connect to ea servers xbox, what medications can cause a false positive ana test. The proper collar and sweater-like feel hit all the marks. Were truer words ever spoken about the winter holidays? There are many funny lines on this show about religion and being Jewish since that is Midge's family background. RELATED:Fargo: 10 Funniest Scenes From The Series. She is a mythic b." Gender: Female. Could this mean a new love interest? Mrs. Maisel has further added to Grooms string of Emmy nominations. Even thoughMidge wasbumped tothe last slotat 11:55 pm,shewas able to connectwith theaudienceand make them laugh, in a way no other performer could. Credit: Amazon Studios. To receive the full newsletter in your inbox each week, sign up for it here.This week:The Olympics shitshow.The sort-of marvelous return of Mrs. Maisel.Pop culture was hella ageist this best Seeking crew and casting "You Are My Queen," a feature indie film that takes place in San Francisco in modern days. Terrible, right? I want to be me every time I walk out onto that stage. The bows! Trinity Western University Marriage And Family Therapy, Last year, "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" was a boffo hit for Amazon and for its top-hatted creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino. Now, we barely get a glimpse of this outfit, but the gorgeous textured skirt and crisp navy blue button-down really capture my heart completely. NEXT:10 Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Characters By Myers-Briggs Personality Type. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 2 Review: Midge Is A Star Without A Spotlight The sophomore season of Amazons Emmy-winning juggernaut is Susie, please. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Debbie & Joel.pdf. Wont stop talking about Abbott Elementary. See hot celebrity videos, E! This is such a funny exchange between Rose and Abe since it proves that Abe truly suffers no fools, even having something to say about adorable children. Midge says this in the season one episode "Ya Shivu v Bolshom Dome Na Kholme." With you, Im a somebody. Susie Myerson, https://giphy.com/gifs/maiseltv-season-1-mrs-maisel-26u3YHU7mEv5yZqdq, 17. Oh, do I want it. They are being mean, and none of the grown-ups are doing anything to stop it. Alex Borstein, as Susie, delivers one of the most powerful and visceral monologues in the series, eulogizing 00:00. Lenny Bruce is the fairy godmother of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but the show doesn't present a realistic portrait of the comedy legend. On Golden Globes red carpet, Hollywood stars wear black to say 'time's up'. Her eyes were swollen, stomach bloated, and spirits low. Penny Pan. After their win for best TV series comedy, the cast and creatives of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel filed into the Golden Globes press room, where show creator Amy The actress plays Rose Weissman on You're going to want to binge-watch 'The Marvelous Mrs. Midges first monologue is born of a desperate need to articulate the horrible thing that is happening to her. December 4, 2018. Caroline explores the comedic moments within the dramatization of her character confronting her mother in this monologue from "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". She continues, "For Christmas, a gentile would get a bike as a reminder that their parents love them. Not so marvelous: Why I'm done with. Midge is coming back to the small screen for one last hurrah. He is not listed among the more than 250 inductees into Mepham High School's Who's Who, for which the alumni association maintains a plaque in the school's foyer. Gilmore Girls fans were excited to learn that creator Amy Sherman-Palladino was starting a new show, and the result is the fabulous The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I mean, why can't I wish he'd enact his six-point plan for health care and also wish he'd dump Jackie and marry me? Abe is no-nonsense, so honest that it can be brutal sometimes, and above all, a very sensitive and caring man.