If you want to build a table leg made from 4 pieces of wood this is the answer. Articles I was really impressed! Keeping the edge against the table, feed the piece from right to left (Photo B). When positioned properly, both pieces can be run without having to move the bit. Ran the other two through face up in three passes. I used this to make legs for a 10"w x 36" long x 11" deep cypress planter out of 7/8" stock that my wife wanted 36' high on casters. Attach a rail to the backer, and use the jig to guide the piece past the bit and control tear-out. Add your own review for this product. Not only does this cutter create a perfect 45 degree cut, but it also adds a tongue and groove element that strengthens the joint and makes assembly a breeze. Which bit would work better with 3/4 stock the sr. or jr. Please enter your email address below to receive a password reset link. Broca cortadora de ingletes con cierre de 45 grados, herramienta cortadora de espigas para carpintera con vstago de 1/2 1/4 de pulgada Estimados clientes: Somos de China. We recommend the Lock Miter Sr. for material 3/4" to 1-3/16" thick. Always make a test piece whenever you do a machine setup. MNA 45 Degree Lock Miter Router Bit 3-Piece Set, for 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" Cutting Height, 1/4 Inch Shank. Joinery Router Bits Rockler 45 Lock Miter Router Bits - 1/2'' Shank Rockler 45 Lock Miter Router Bits - 1/2'' Shank Adds more glue area for a stronger mitered joint that's easier to keep square during glue ups. Each includes an advanced polymer friction-fit holder that can be mounted horizontally or upright. 5. (Philadelphia PA US). 45 Degree 3 Bit Lock Miter Router Bit Set - 1/2" Shank - Yonico 15334. Simply set the center of the stock to the center of the bit. The bit is ideal for joining drawer boxes, cabinet parts, and for building 4-sided columns. Each includes an advanced polymer friction-fit holder that can be mounted horizontally or upright. Two flute carbide cutters & 1/2" shank. In order for the parts to fit together seamlessly, the bit must create a sharp mitered corner (see the finished cut in Step 4). Ryobi 10 Compound Mitre Saw. Highly recommended!! Make a test cut first. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. Next, set up hold-downs (guide rollers or featherboards) on the infeed and outfeed fences. The increased long grain gluing surface also helps to strengthen the joint over a basic rabbet or butt joint. (Note: Other instructions don't mess with the fence until after the bit height is set and tested. . Do you have this? FOR WOODWORKERS : Become a master in creating drawers, boxes or even hollow columns with the help of this 45-Degree Lock Miter Router Bit! Perfect-fitting lock miters almost always require a little dialing-in. Lock miter router bits 8/955.503-504 These are the ultimate bits to craft sturdy miter joints thanks to anti-kickback design and tough tungsten carbide cutting edges. We wont share your address with anybody else. To save others grief, I found the best instructions in the following YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPBLvPuBNE&t=966s Back to Woodworking Basics: Smart Bit Storage, Rockler Router Bit Storage Inserts, 10-Pack, Router Bit Set-Up Jigs for 22627 45 Lock Miter Bits, Rockler Bench Cookie Plus Work Grippers, 4-Pack, Rockler Drawer Lock Router Bit - 1" Dia x 1/2" H x 1/2" Shank, High-quality brands and products you can trust, Expert advice and free post-purchase support, Exclusive, innovative products that help you Create with Confidence, Detailed instructions, technical specs and guides to make the most of your purchases. Easy set-up. Use the miter end of the set-up block with the flat edge for 1/2" stock and the full 45-degree miter end of the set-up block for 3/4" stock. I attached a pair of rails to my backer. For better safety, the 45 lock miter bits should be used only in a router table equipped with a fence and not used free hand. Same question for lap miter. With optimal shear angle and extra-thick micrograin carbide tips, they leave a perfect joint and a glass-smooth finish. Most instructions suggest the squint, test, reset, retest approach. Two flute carbide router bit cutters and 1/2" shanks. Items shipped directly from the manufacturer cannot be returned in store. For precise 45 degree joints us the 99-043 set, with one bit routing the tongue and the other bit routing the groove. The prices of these smaller bits range from $50-$100. Now adjust the routers cutting depth so that the two lines meet. (Tallahassee FL US). MLCS Woodworking Lock Miter Router BIts join materials at 45 and 90 degrees. The bit bodies have a non-stick coating for easy resin removal. JP - Thanks for the question. Minute adjustments may be necessary. Our router bits are proven to be of the highest quality and these Lock Miter router bits are guaranteed to give you a perfect factory fit and a flawless finish. Just make sure to clamp it tight. Additionally, it will provide extra gluing surface resulting in an extremely strong and durable joint. Machining parts with the Lock Miter Bit is easywith the bit height set, one part is cut horizontally on the router table, while the corresponding part is cut vertically. Had early problem with glue-up. Question by: George R on Aug 1, 2018, 4:46 PM. I have a panel I would like to miter on three sides. The bit works great, but only for those who follow the set-up steps. Lifetime Warranty against defects in workmanship and materials. A shipping surcharge applies in addition to our regular shipping and handling fee. The 45 Degree Lock Miter Bits from Whiteside are some of the most useful bits in your shop. The interlocking 45 miter lock cuts will produce extremely strong joints without having to struggle to keep boards in place during clamping. By Peter A Butzin I too used this bit to make table legs because I did not want to show a glue joint down the piece. Thanks. It would have been useful if there was instruction for setup, but I have never received any instruction for setup with all my bits so this was nothing unusual. Thanks. Use with stock ranging from 1/2" to 1". By adding a second smaller bit, you can mill anywhere from 9,5mm to 28,5mm in thickness. After those many runs with a hard material I would have expected to have to order another bit but nope! - Save time puttying and filling those nail holes - no nailing required with the Lock Miter. Overall Length: 2-7/16 inch (62mm) and 2-5/8 inch (67mm). P.S. Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. To use the jig, clamp the workpiece between the two rails, and then feed the assembly past the bit, as shown in Photo D. You must be logged in to write a comment. Our Lock Miter Jr. router bit (55-502) is designed to work with stock from 3/8" to 3/4" thick. Chamfering the edges makes life easier for the router and the bit. It has an optimal shear angle and extra-thick tips to give you the unmatched . I completed 46in of cut when my 2 1/4 Hp router burnt out. Good luck. Plan on milling a foot or two more stock than you might need for test cuts. They are precision-milled with laser-engraved reference lines that make it easy to set the bit and fence for perfect cuts. The largest miter lock bit has a 2-3/4" diameter and is suited for up to 1" thick stock. It was a great value and left a good cut, I would purchase again. Virtually anywhere you could use a miter, you could use a lock miter bit to create a beautiful joint that is strong and very easy to assemble. Loss or damages are limited to full refund of purchase price only. . We noticed you are accessing from Canada. The front, sides and back interlock and make a joint of unprecedented strength. FAQ | Quick Order | Track | Router Bits & Woodworking Products. is it possible to make the cut in stages, to relieve the stress on the router, Question by: Lers Luck on Jul 28, 2019, 7:03 PM. There are alternative set-ups but the block is easiest. Don't forget to order Kwik Blocks for easy setup. Recommended !! You can also use the lock miter to glue up matching board stock . Then, cut one piece horizontally and the second one vertically. Larger bits can handle thicker materials, but in order to do so, they require powerful routers (214-3 hp) that can be slowed down to 10,000-16,000 rpm. Theyre also used for larger projects, including legs and posts. Log In. Each includes an advanced polymer friction-fit holder that can be mounted horizontally or upright. Novice woodworker here. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Add to cart. If you dont mind milling stock to match the bits cutting capacity or dont foresee the need to use the bit on stock thicker than 34" hardwood plywood, you might consider starting out with a smaller-sized bit. If youre lucky, the centerline will correspond to a carbide corner, but bit manufacturers employ slightly different profiles. Question by: Daniel McLean on Jul 7, 2021, 10:33 PM. Question by: Bret Rupe on Jan 9, 2022, 11:27 PM. When positioned properly, one miter bit will cut both pieces of stock without having toadjust the bit. Odds are good that the centerline lies somewhere along the edge. You don't need to read the manual over and over again or memorize certain steps to get parts of it working. Shank Increase quantity for TimberLock 45 Lock Miter Router Bit - 1/2" Shank. Answer by: Chris - Customer Service on Jan 13, 2022, 3:28 PM. window.open(where, 'newproductreview', 'width=475,height=500,scrollbars=1'); The backer prevents tear-out. (Note: Dont erase the lines on the fence. Simply bring the router bit up through the table and align the woodworking jigs with the cutting edge of the bit. Used it to make legs for a Craftsman design dining room table. (To do this, I ran a marking gauge along the top and bottom faces of the board and adjusted the bar until the cutter made a single line.) For shipments outside the contiguous USA or areas not served by regular ground shipping, our Customer Service Department will confirm the shipping charge. Don't skimp on quality when buying cutting tools. Yes, the Lock Miter Master Jigs work beautifully with Freud lock miter bits. I used a drum sander to remove the excess after the miter .. avoided risk of snipe on the planer .. got a knife edge. With fence in place, set the center of the stock to the center of the miter bit. I found the setup block helpful in that it cut setup time significantly. 45 Degree Lock Miter Router Bits 2 pc Set | Eagle America. - Dave Moodie Tim Inman: I think trial and error is the best bet for you here. I do woodworking as a hobby and the bit worked wonderfully. Rockler Woodworking 45 Degree Lock Miter Router Bit Setup Jig: Set your 45 degree lock miter router bit to the precise height every time for accurate lock router miter joints! High hook and relief shear angles with wide open gullets for easy chip ejection. The Diablo 3/4 in. The interlocking 45 cuts will produce extremely strong . To join materials at 90 by cutting a 45 miter and a perfect matching tongue & groove glue joint. The Eagle America Brand was created for the professional woodworker who needs a serious router bit with an exceptional cut, extremely high durability and longevity. But it takes as much set up as my Leigh DR4-Pro dovetail jig. This saw narrowly missed making our top three because of its shorter reach, which prevents it from cutting lumber of the same size. For credit card orders, backordered items will not be charged to your card until the item ships. If the thicknesses vary by even a few thousandths of an inch, the most careful setup will not prevent mismatched corners. Make certain that your stock is flat, straight, and of uniform thickness. Requires a minimum chuck size of 1/2 in. It's rock solid after glue up and very square off the router.