Hands down. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top if desired. I welcome constructive criticism, but please be respectful. This three ingredient protein mug cake is as easy as mixing in the mug and popping in the microwave! A delicious whey protein mug cake. Milk- I like to use cashew milk for this, but you are welcome to use whatever you prefer or have on hand. This easy protein mug cake with no flour and no banana is a simple, protein-packed dessert or post-workout snack thats ready in 2 minutes! Then add egg, pumpkin, vanilla, and milk and mix again. Sugar- You can use any sugar or sugar substitute. So excited to try! Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 2 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack Cuisine :American Servings: 1 mug cake Calories: 197kcal Recipe Source: Chene Lewis Equipment you may need Melt the butter in a mug by heating for about 30 seconds in the microwave. STEP TWO: Dry Ingredients. So if your microwaving on high, your mug cake may require less time. Home | Healthy Dessert Recipes | Mug Cakes | Keto Vanilla Mug Cake (Paleo, Vegan), published on May 16, 2019updated on Jan 20, 2020. Although Im curious what type of protein powder you use that yours only came out to 8g of protein, esp with an egg too. Tasted like light and airy chocolate cake! Best part- it only takes 5 minutes to make. Nutrition Serving: 1mug | Calories: 190cal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 1g I really only eat it because of what else is in it (i.e. I recommend baking at 350F for about 12 minutes in the air fryer and 20 minutes in the oven. What did you think of the recipe? Add banana to mug and mash until mostly broken down. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. I believe in the importance of honoring your cravings, but I also like prioritizing snacks or desserts that are satiating both physically and emotionally. This is rich and delicious. A super fluffy and moist vanilla mug cake made with protein powder and is low carb- Its also ready in under a minute! I create easy healthy recipes that your whole family will love, as well as gluten-free keto recipes all with 10 ingredients or less. Adjusted for ingredients I had on hand: skim milk, Clean Simple Eats S'mores protein powder, omitted cocoa powder. YES, also email me a FREE printable keto food list! Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a1ed13b6123ac04e9c712c775b89906b" );document.getElementById("f5c140efd9").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hello, Im Abbey! Pop in the microwave for 75 seconds. Tastes incredible and my new favourite with a cup of tea! teaspoon baking powder. STEP ONE: Wet Ingredients. QUICK & EASY- This mug cake can be made in about 2-3 minutes time with just a little bit of mixing. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. What about self-raising gluten free flour? cookie dough, PB chunks, oreo chunks), then I just pick out the good stuff and leave the rest. Please let me know. This easy protein mug cake with no flour and no banana is a simple, protein-packed dessert or post-workout snack that's ready in 2 minutes! If I am not adding sprinkles to this, I like to add chocolate chips, berries, or maybe a bit of ice cream if I am in the mood for something a bit more decadent. It can easily be made gluten free or vegan depending on which protein, flour and egg you use. 1 tablespoon maple syrup cup + 2 tablespoon milk of choice 3 tablespoon chocolate protein powder 1 tablespoon flour of choice 1 teaspoon baking powder . Serve immediately with toppings of your choice. High-Protein German Chocolate Mug Cake. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Mix everything together until the chunks are gone. I cant wait to make this more often . I believe you dont need to be experienced in the kitchen to make good food using simple ingredients that most importantly, taste delicious. Lakanto is drying, whereas Besti used in this recipe locks in moisture. 1-2 Tbsp canned pumpkin. Touch the top with your finger. I HATE vanilla protein powders, so I always add cinnamon! This site uses cookies. Share a review or comment below to tell me how it goes, Your email address will not be published. Really liked the oatmeal texture of the mug cake. Thanks! What a delicious treat! For an extra (non plant based) finishing touch I tossed some smashed peanut m&ms on top and I swear the final product could be sold in a bakery. BUT you can certainly whip up the batter ahead of time, store in the fridge, and pop it into the microwave anytime the craving hits. These cakes make the perfect healthy dessert or workout snack. Allow to cool and enjoy! Im just so thrilled with it!!! I absolutely love mug cakes and this one is perfect! A quick note on the vegan option- It will not puff up as much and will be moist in the center. Step 3: Microwave the protein powder . It makes the perfect post-workout snack or after dinner treat. I'm an ADHD coach & wellness expert with a mind that runs faster than a quick-dry nail polish. Microwave the mug cake for 2 minutes. No I would not suggest making it in a glass UNLESS it is a microwave safe glass mug. Simply increase the amount of liquid used by 2 tablespoons (or more, if the batter is too thick) and continue baking as normal. Mix until chunks are gone completely and the texture of mixture becomes smoother. Its loaded with protein powder to make a great post-workout snack. Line an 84" loaf pan with parchment paper; leave an overhang to lift out later. Yes! This can be made vegan or gluten free depending on what type of protein powder and flours that are used. Vanilla, chocolate, coconut, blueberry, snickerdoodle, and cinnamon roll mug cakes are just a few popular flavors. Preheat oven to 350F. Thank You!! Keto Chocolate Mug Cake Ingredients 1 scoop of Chocolate Collagen Protein Powder 1 tablespoon of Coconut Flour 2 teaspoons of Swerve 1 teaspoon of Cocoa Powder teaspoon of Baking Powder 1 tablespoon of Butter (melted) 1 tablespoon of Unsweetened Almond Milk teaspoon of Vanilla Essence Ingredients 1 banana 1 egg 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder 1 tbsp cocoa powder 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips Mash the banana. Oh, Chene you've done it again! Sometimes you don't feel like baking a full batch of brownies, but still want some dessert. Here youll find lots of healthy recipes, tips for feeding your family and kids, and nutrition myths debunked! Required fields are marked *. A mug cake with protein powder is a single-serve protein cake baked in the microwave for 90 seconds. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. This quick and easy protein powder mug cake is healthy, loaded with protein, and tastes like a gooey piece of chocolate cake. I had some vanilla ice cream in Mexico when I was a teen that was so good, it took us awhile to figure out it was vanilla. Top with a little whip cream and some berries for a perfect little treat. This protein powder mug cake is Paleo, vegan, gluten free, keto, grain free and sugar free! If you dont need to make this dairy-free, you can use regular cows milk instead. I used what I had on hand: cream and cookie flavour protein powder, soy flour but no sugar and no egg or chocolate chips! Mixture will be like a dough. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? It always provides the best results, but if you can't, a pea or soy protein will work too. 10 ingredients or less. I used whole wheat flour and the texture was to die for. Mix well, then smooth the top. Cook time may also vary based on how deep your mug is. Add more easy grass-fed protein to your snacks and meals with these easy recipes! We will treat your information with respect. I love this quick little protein cake! It could be because your mug was too small to hold all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing your modifications, Cheriti! Mix it all up! It's such a great option! Instructions. Perfect for my cravings!! It's topped with a divine 3-ingredient streusel topping and bakes up like a mini cake! (You'll also get free recipes via email. Add in peanut butter and milk - little at a time - and mix. Always speak to a health care provider about your unique needs. Then, let cool for 30 seconds. You want to ensure there are no clumps. xD, Hi Pat! 3. Rude or inappropriate comments will not be published. I hope you enjoy not only how good it tastes and how it will quickly curb a craving while feeding you oodles of healthy protein, but how simple it is to make - 60 seconds in the microwave, baby! I will be making this for myself weekly!! So as a dietitian mama, I wanted to put a healthy spin on one of my long-time favs by creating this protein mug cake! Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients. Casein protein powder is also keto, low carb and sugar free. Not only did it satisfy my cake craving without the need to whip out a bunch of baking equipment, but its also a single serving which means no mess (and no sharing with my sis haha). To make a delicious mug cake with protein powder, the main important thing is to use a protein powder that you already know and enjoy its flavor! ohhhh seriously. I cant get over how good this mug cake is. Just with 5 ingredients, make this protein mug cake! *I have included the nutrition information for this recipe above. There is pretty much nothing that I DONT love about a good mug cake but this protein mug cake has won me over for more than a few reasons. Delicious. Thanks for an easy treat, can't wait to try every variation I can think of! Pour the cake batter into a large oven-safe mug or baking dish. Learn more about me here or at MayaKrampf.Com. It really does, hope you enjoy this mug cake, Katrina! I also love using coconut flour as I find it really enhances the flavour profile in a big way. This is my go to recipe when I'm craving for something sweet yet not super bad for me. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top if desired. Microwave for 60-75 seconds, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, but the cake is still moist. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Use whatever you like or have on hand. Instructions. I used a whey protein, but most all should work. Wait 30 seconds or so before eating as the mug cake is very hot. They melt on top of the hot cake in the mug and taste delicious. Its thick, tastes delicious, and doesnt dry up when baked or used in cooking. Used self-rising flour and therefore omitted baking powder. Combine the flour, sugar, milk, and eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth. You can also sub in alternative sugars. No flour! BOD vs BODi - What's the difference + $$? Learn how your comment data is processed. I also wrote a couple of cookbooks. Step 1- Prepare the batter- Grease a large, microwave-safe mug. You can swap it out for oat flour and adjust the liquids accordingly . Just make sure you do it in something oven safe and check it with a toothpick. Protein Powder- I always use Clean Simple Eats protein powder, which is a whey protein. Calories: 530. PS - this is so much better topped with Walden Farms Sugar-free Pancake Syrup . Your email address will not be published. Add chocolate chips if desired. No matter how strict your diet, you too can enjoy this high-protein, high-fiber, low-sugar treat. Recommended brand is sold out. So delicious! Im Chene (kinda rhymes with today) and I love all types of baking! Anxious to try it but am allergic to coconut. STEP TWO: Dry Ingredients. So if your microwaving on high, your protein mug cake may require less time. These mug cakes are way too easy, delicious, and convenient!! Or would it change it too much in texture? Is that you? Next, add 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 6 tablespoons milk or water, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and stir . Add wet ingredients and mix until ingredients are blended and wet. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A brown rice vanilla protein powder works best, as it is thick and creamy (when added to liquid) and has a very pleasant flavor. Portion into a microwave safe mug (about half way) and heat in microwave for 90 seconds. I love that this is such a high protein treat! Sixty seconds is about all I want to wait to eat a fun treat. Start with the minimum cook time and add more time as needed to keep it from taking on a rubbery texture. In a microwave safe large mug or cereal bowl whisk together milk, egg and vanilla until blended. This protein mug cake was fab! This mug cake is so fluffy I could die! Vegan option use 1 flax egg. Step 2: To the same bowl, add dry ingredients and mix until combined. We love a mug cake for a quick and easy dessert and this protein version sounds amazing. But remember every microwave is different. Add in 1/4 cup water, 1 large egg white, and 1/2 tsp vanilla. teaspoon vanilla extract. Would almond flour work with this? Vegan Tahini Beet Power Bowl | Gluten Free Buddha Bowl, Greek Sheet Pan Dinner (Easy Family Friendly Recipe), Vegan Dirty Chai Tea Cocktail | Holiday Party Drink Recipe. You also dont want to over microwave. Add protein powder, cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt and mix again until no large clumps are left. I added a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a teaspoon of instant Starbucks blonde roast. Your email address will not be published. Enjoying both balanced desserts and the classic versions can absolutely be parts of a healthy diet. You most likely won't need to store this single serving dessert, but you can store it in the mug in the fridge, covered tightly with plastic wrap. Abbey Sharpis a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by theOntario College of Dietitians. Stir in protein powder, sweetener, cocoa powder, almond flour, and baking powder. Below, I listed more easy healthy high-protein recipes for you to try: If you like mug cakes, youll love these: Have you made this chocolate protein mug cake? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The egg and flour is fine being cooked in the microwave, just make sure that it isn't too gooey. Next time, Ill skip the cocoa, increase the oat flour a smidge and add vanilla extract. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It's even easier than my Apple Mug Cake recipe! This is such a delicious quick snack after my workout. Wholesome Yum is a food blog for healthy recipes and keto recipes. I am a foodie, a wife of a vegan runner and here I share with you my easy plant-based recipes! In a large microwave safe mug or bowl, mix the protein powder and cocoa powder. Leave a comment below or click on the Instagram icon to share a picture of your creation! Instructions. 5 (from 1 rating) Your email address will not be published. Mine typically takes about 1 minute and 45 seconds total. Not only is it sugar-free, it's also high in protein, so you'll stay satisfied for hours after enjoying it! A protein powder mug cake is best eaten when fresh, the day of. This one definitely looks like a winner. The ones you can't help but make again and again! And my favorite ice cream flavor used to be cookie dough, but now I love anything peanut butter, chocolate, cinnamon, pistachio or salted caramel! Cook time may also vary based on how deep your mug is. Your email address will not be published. Is there a substitute please? Im a two time cookbook author, photographer, and writer, and passionate about creating easy and healthier recipes. Seriously! Can the protein powder be left out of the recipe? Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. A Protein Mug Cake is a single-serving cake made in under 5 minutes using a microwave. * For the vegan option, you won't need any flax eggs/egg substitute- Simply omit and slowly add milk of choice until a thick batter is formed. Microwave on high power (800W) for about 90 seconds or stop the microwave 10 seconds after you see the cake rising to its maximum height. Thank you. I used chocolate whey protein powder and no cocoa. 60 seconds and it's ready to satisfy my sweet cravings. Almond flour is too low in fiber and high fat to bind a vegan mug cake, it wont raise and look like uncooked dough, OMG! Add the egg. 40 g cake mix (any flavor will work!) Add in the milk. I can't wait to try it. No protein powder is created equal and many brands differ considerably. Its the perfect individual size & so gooey! It will keep your mixture from sticking to the mug. Combine Orgain Organic Plant Protein Powder, almond flour, oat flour, starch, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk well, making sure to break up any lumps. Servings: 1 serving. Add chocolate protein, flour, baking powder and salt and stir well. And, it has no added oil, butter, or eggs?!? Bookmarking it to make later!! Liz Joyce Step 4. Soooo good! What a great idea for winter evenings. 6 Weeks of the Work | An Advanced Workout For Extreme Results, Barre Blend | A Sample Workout You Can Do Anywhere, 9 Week Control Freak 28 Minute Sample Workout, Protein Mug Cake Recipe - 60 Seconds in the Microwave. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. For this recipe, I used Nicole Wilkins nPower Protein, Vanilla Cupcake flavored whey protein as she has done a great job making a very clean (and tasty) protein, but I also love Trutien and Designer Whey. Came out dried like the desert Didnt miss one thing What is the problem? In a microwave safe large mug or cereal bowl whisk together milk, egg and vanilla until blended. Copyright Abbey's Kitchen 2023 ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT Privacy Policy All Rights Reserved. Very good! Just watch for any dietary restrictions when needed. Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Medically reviewed by Abbey Sharp, Registered Dietitian (RD), BASc. Take a bowl and pour all the ingredients in that. Start this one by adding right into your mug 40 grams of Greek yogurt, 40 grams of unsweetened apple sauce, 30 grams of almond flour (whole wheat pastry flour works great too), 1 scoop of protein power, 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum, 2 ounces of milk, milk substitute, or coffee, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. 72 Likes, TikTok video from Nicole Addison, RD, MHSc (@nourishedbynic): "THE BEST high protein mug cake for snyone looking for a sweet treat (& a little extra protein!) (If you prefer, you can mix the batter in a bowl instead, then transfer to a mug or ramekin to cook.) In a microwave safe large mug or cereal bowl whisk together milk, egg and vanilla until blended. Add in the melted butter, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract and stir them into the batter. So easy and SO GOOD. Microwave for 50-60 seconds, depending on your microwave. So sweet and full of yummy flavor. How many grams is the scoop of protein powder? Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible! All rights reserved. Single serve desserts are truly a god send when I just NEED something sweet after dinner. Instructions. YUMMM!!!!!!! You may or may not have ADHD, but somewhere after 40, most of us end up wondering why our jeans are tight and our brains are foggier than summer in San Francisco. Still, you shouldn't feel pressured to only eat high protein desserts. Here you will find simple, healthy dishes made with whole food ingredients, as well as gluten-free, low carb meals -- all with 10 ingredients or less. Thanks. Step 3: Portion into a microwave safe mug (about half way) and heat in microwave for 90 seconds. PLEASE SEE MY. Making this mug brownie takes one minute to prepare and just one minute to make! I personally have never tried but you can certainly give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Hi Eldar, Most likely the problem was the sweetener used. LOADED WITH PROTEIN- You can find yourself extra full with with over 30 grams of protein. 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or Shakeology) 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-free Flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 2 sachets of stevia . This mug cake is just what I need in the afternoon that includes a sweet treat and the protein I need to get me through the day. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. What toppings would you add to it? This tasted much better than I expected because Im not a fan of protein powders, but this recipe cut my sweet tooth needs and was easy to make. Mix all of the selected ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a microwave-safe coffee mug (minimum size 1 cup/250ml), whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, protein powder, sweetener, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Add water as needed to thin out consistency and stir to combine. Fun, easy and delish. Just made this using sprouts vegan caramel protein powder. 1 tablespoon cacao powder. I usually add vanilla extract to my baking, as it does add a lovely delicate flavour in the background. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at abbey@abbeyskitchen.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Microwave for 50-60 seconds, depending on your microwave. But, if you leave out cocoa powder the mug cake wont hold its shape as much because cocoa powder is high fiber and help with texture. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Add the egg and mix into the dry mixture. Protein cakes can be healthy, but beware of added sugar and gluten in the ingredients list (or the protein powder itself). Without all the right science involved with flour and other ingredients, cakes can be too dense and dry. You can also use any dairy milk or plant milk that you like! In addition to the protein powder, the egg and almond flour also add proteins. It isnt as thick as casein protein or brown rice protein, but still can be used. (Alternatively, if you don't want to use the microwave, bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees F.), If desired, top with chocolate chips and sugar-free whipped cream. In another bowl, mix protein, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Add protein powder, cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt and mix again until no large clumps are left. I find that I do notice if that flavour is missing in baked goods, so I generally do add vanilla where possible (but definitely not paired with licorice that would be weird.? All you need is two ingredients and a little water! Like this video? Continue microwaving in 15 second increments until mug cake is fully cooked (a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). It still tasted nice but was basically cookie dow and I did heaps of extra time in micro , You cant replace coconut flour or oat flour by almond flour. NO OVEN OR MIXING BOWLS REQUIRED- I love that all this takes is a large mug and a microwave to enjoy a delicious treat!