Others can click on contact us button. I love the rain drops in the Damascus. Such extra markings are known to be absent from the American options. Even without the edge, each piece is hand crafted and battle ready. In military forums, you find people that are more niched down to wartime objects and materials willing to help you make the distinction. It is a solid cast set of knuckles with a poorly executed L. F. & C.s logo on the handle. This thread will enable you to view several originals in order to determine what right should look like. Also sports a steel pyramid skull crusher pommel and period correct steel sheath with WWI markings. Rooster. We buy and sell collectible firearms and militaria ranging from the Civil War to Desert Storm, specializing in WW1 & WW2. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. While the blade steel looks to be carbon, the blue and polish are terrible. It is not sharpened. Pony. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. The handle has most of the goldish coloring in tact. This sounds funny but the price on that 1918 trench knife could be a dead giveaway sometimes. There are slight size differences with the U.S. lM1918 Trench Knife A very nice example of the L.F.&C 1918 with original scabbard. For legal reasons we are not allowed to ship sharpened double edges to many states, so it does come with a factory edge. Turning off the personalised advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalisation technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. 1917, 1918 Trench Knives Original US Issued WWI & WWII Description: For Sale is only the LF&C it is $750.00 . As the knife goes, it is heavy. Learn more in our Privacy Policy, Help Centre, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. CA$35.52, CA$71.05 Louis 14 18 1914 1918. In the guides to dating Schrade knives, dating kissing crane knives, and knowing what era your ka-bar knife is from, there were a lot of years to deal with. Im overall extremely happy . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1918 U.S. TRENCH KNIFE MODEL - MARK 1 'AU LION' A real 'Mauler', this combat fighting knife developed by the American Expeditionary Force, was contracted to U.S. and French manufacturers. I Trench Knife being offered for sale and you want to know if it is an original or if its just another well aged reproduction. Copper. Thanks for taking the time to post your references! Originally manufactured for US forces in WWI by LF&C, some were used through WWII. It was developed for use in the horrific trench warfare that typified the stalemate on the Western Front during the latter part of World War One and saw use not only there, but during World War Two as well. Large Letter opener. Snake Eye Tactical WWII M3 Trench Knife With Sheath 3.6 (7) $2999 FREE delivery Mar 6 - 10 Or fastest delivery Mar 1 - 3 Small Business China Made CN211133-BRK Wwii M3 Trench Knife 4.0 (19) $3397 I've been meaning to get around to creating this thread, because of the amount of fellow forum members who keep posting the same reproductions over and over again. It is also very typical that when you do encounter one of these with its original L.F. & C. made scabbard, that one or both of the mounting prongs are broken or missing. Is there a better reproduction out there? So you have found a M1918 Mk. This is not a cheap copy and makes a terrific addition to any knife collection.? There are a wide range of finishes found on these knives' handles. $750.00 was a good price too considering its condition and it has the correct scabbard. Thank you very much for your review. When Im suspect of a M1918 Mk. Getting tough to find! Click on the results to view more details The cust serv rep stated that factory edge for the 18 wasn't like a butter knife but not the edge that is sharpened on-site. SOLD - Factory Chrome Walther PPK - Rare. MISCELLANEOUS DAGGERS, KNIVES & BAYONETS. The U.S. M-1918 Mark I Trench Knife is easily identifiable due to its large "brass knuckle" style guard and grip. This is the fiercest, most badass knife Ive ever owned. Most of these knives were stripped of their original blackened finish, either by the soldiers or by later users or collectors. Original Price CA$599.77 For more recent exchange rates, please use the. To enable personalised advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. The M1917 featured a triangular stiletto blade, wooden grip, metal knuckle guard, and a rounded pommel. WOW! This U.S. 1918 World War 1 authentic replica trench knife features a sharp and pointy stainless steel blade. The darkened cast brass knuckle duster grip is both protection for the user and danger for the enemy. ____________________________________________________, A very nice example of the L.F.&C 1918 with original scabbard. The fonts between the American and French versions of the trench knife are so different that they can throw you off guard too. ?Cannot use Paypal as a payment option.? I would think for the price it would show up razor sharpe. My husband is awed by the beautiful work. UTICA), ROBESON M3 Knife -WWII Trench/US -Blade-Marked/WW2 -L&C M6 -RCCO -USM3 -th, LOT OF 3 WW2 US.ARMY M3 Trench Knife (U.S. M3. I was very pleased with the weight of the knife, great disply piece. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Captcha failed to load. My intent is not to provide a How To guide in order to forge the far rarer H.D. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. It is a quality replica that In my opinion has minimal flaws. Through our YouTube channel, we strive to educate and share the stories behind the artifacts we sell. Each piece is individually handcrafted by our blacksmiths and comes with slight variations. 1918 U.S. Trench Knife Model - MARK 1 AU LION, 1918 U.S. TRENCH KNIFE MODEL - MARK 1 AU LION. Please. The markings look authentic enough and he is happy with it so that's all that matters to me. CA$224.02, CA$448.03 That is why I have included a font reference guide (above) for both the original and reproduction models (repros) floating around today. That they know they have a fake but are riding on the discount effect to sell it so that you think you got it at a steal. When in doubt, look at an original 1918 trench knife (depending on where the one you are checking came from) and compare the handle stamps. U.S. WWI M1917 Trench Knife Leather Replacement Scabbard - Marked Jewell 1918, WWI US M1897 M1918 TRENCH SHOTGUN AMMO CARRY BAG & STRAP, WWI US PERSHING M1918 INFANTRY TRENCH BOOTS- SIZE 13, WWII US Fighting Knife Dagger From M1913 Patton Cavalry Sword Blade 1918, A+ WWII US M3 Trench Fighting Knife Dagger PAL Blade mrk w/M8 Scbd Airborne, WW1 Bolo Knife US Model 1917 plumb 1918 + Scabbard Brauer bros 1918, US Army WW2 D-DAY PARATROOPER AIRBORNE M-3 TRENCH KNIFE VINER BROS M-6 SCABBARD, KINFOLKS M3 Trench Knife -US WW2 -Blade-marked/WWII -PERFECT BLADE -BLUED -#73, WW2 US.ARMY M3 Trench Knife (U.S. M3. Thank you for your positive feedback. My husband loves it. (70% off). I just got the 1918 trench knife in the mail,it has good weight to it. This LF&C 1918 met all my expectations. Cannot ship to CA, DE, MA, NY or Canada. We believe we sell living history, and honor the veterans who fought and died for our freedoms. Get a heads up on all of our Sales, Promotions, and news updates (about 1 email per month). Turning off personalised advertising opts you out of these sales. This 12" U.S. 1918 World War 1 knuckle handle trench knife with sheath is a great historical knife to have. If you like OCL's here are a few for your viewing pleasure. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Copper. I waited 6 weeks to get the knife. But It works out Beautifulfor my display. Discuss your project requirements and see how we can help turn your ideas into reality. The double edged blade is made of high carbon steel and has been blued for covert ops. Thank You for this thread very helpful,, is it possible you email me I'm new member and cannot pm you. If you happen to have, Read More How to Date A Case Kodiak Knife by Yourself (Expert Advice)Continue, Barlow knives are considered by some knife collectors to be up there with the 1918 trench knife. When Im suspect of a M1918 Mk. Thankfully my grandfather has a few tips and tricks to do both. The knife came sharpened so if your worried about that, dont be. The U.S. army M1917 and M1918 trench knives were truly gruesome weapons, produced with 3-cornered, long spike blades and a well-made wooden handle topped with a domed locknut securing a knobbed-knuckle "D" guard. I would think the best place to go to buy such knives are established knife forums where you can even check out the legitimacy of the seller before you put any money on the knife. Our goal is to encourage collectors by providing honest descriptions, fair prices, and the best customer service. variant ;-) There are originals and reproductions differences I wont discuss such as blades' grinds and skull crackers sizes (Some specifics needs to be left unsaid, in order to keep those who are dishonest at bay, well at least the lazy ones). Issue, "Commando knife was even better than I expected. while being very authentic looking and feeling. However, that beauty does come with some challenges in telling the exact era that the knife is from. Be aware of this new L.F. & C. knockoff from Eastern Europe as the handles fonts are not too far off http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/193138-new-reproduction-of-l-f-c-mki-1918-from-europe/&do=findComment&comment=1497877. The best way to ensure an item is yours is to purchase it directly off the website. Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. UTICA) IN THE CONDITION YOU SEE, BOKER M3 Trench Knife -US WW2 -DOUBLE TANG -Blade-marked/WWII -USM3 -M8 -th, IMPERIAL M3 Trench Knife--MINT CONDITION--US WW2/Unissued/BLADE-marked/WWII -#14, CAMILLUS M3 Trench Knife -US WW2 -BLADE-marked WWII WW2 Military USM3 -M8 Sheath, Repro WWII M6 Leather Sheath Scabbard for M3 Trench Knife US Paratrooper, WWII M6 Leather Sheath Scabbard for M3 Trench Knife US Paratrooper (3pcs set), US M1918 Shotgun Ammo Bag with Shoulder Strap / WW2 Trench Gun Ammo Bag, WW1 Genuine French fighting Knife Dagger 1914-1918 Trench War, France WW1 Genuine Trench fighting Knife Soldier 1914-1918 War with scabbard, WWII M6 Leather Sheath Scabbard for M3 Trench Knife US Paratrooper (3pcs set)TAN, The US M-3 Trench Knife of WWII by Coniglio and Laden Reference Book 1995. (50% off), Sale Price CA$66.43 Im only going to cover the two most common types of this knife typically encountered (The Au Lion & the L.F. & C. made variants). Our Mark 1 knife is the rarer version as produced in France for U.S. troops and is engraved with the Au Lion cartouche on the ricasso. ", Custom Handmade D2 Steel Blade Cobra knife, Survival Camping Hunting Knife fathers day gift, Gift for him, "Great item perfect replacement scabbard for the FS knife", Genuine J Nowill & Sons Fairbairn-sykes Commando Knife Leg Sheath Sheffield England M.O.D. I'll have to clean the cosmolineoff and sharpen it. Amazon.com: 1918 Trench Knife 1-48 of 146 results for "1918 Trench Knife" RESULTS Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. Return Period. Making a good sell - sometimes, it is that you want to sell your 1918 trench knife. Keep in mind that anyone can view public collections- they may also appear in recommendations and other places. Is it a real one? I bought this to keep in my truck for self defense, couldn't be happier! We are shipping orders as normal but customers may experience delays due to carrier issues and disruption of our supply chains. There are slight size differences with the "U.S. 1918" fonts' sizes too. Genius Ecommerce by 1Digital. A modern reproduction pretending to be a WWII hilt modified variant found in France. The design of these knives were meant to inflict the most damage when striking an enemy soldier. I`ve wanted a knife like this for many years I even bought the chinese 1918 yearsago but had to ream the finger holes to fit me. VPO Balawala, Haridwar Road, 248001 The brass grip and knuckle guard retain about 30%-40% of their original blackened finish, which has faded and worn, and has blended with a lovely, un-cleaned deep, dark reddish- bronze patina. U.S. WWI Brass-handled Trench Knife, handle, WWII folding machete, scabbard for WWI trench. If you see of one these for sale nod and smile at the implausibility of its accompanying story, but don't purchase it unless you are in the market for a replacement for your motorcycle's kick starter peg. I have a original 1918 trench knife and it cost plenty! I am happy it is now in my collection! It has a 6.75 in (17.1 cm) double-edged dagger blade useful for both thrusting and slashing strokes, unlike previous U.S. trench knives such as the M1917 and M1918. Great knife, as advertised I especially like the solid brass handle and knuckle duster!! It is not uncommon to find both Au Lion and L. F. & C. knives with mixed parts (blades, handles, & even skull crushers nuts) or even switched scabbards. 1914 1918. The blades Au Lion trademark is stamped on the ricasso. This one has nearly all of the blackening intact. WW1 Genuine French fighting Knife Dagger 1914-1918 Trench War, Authentic LF&C 1918 Trench Knife Scabbard Sheath, WW1 WW2 LF&C 1918 Trench Fighting Knife Scabbard, U.S. WWI M1917 Trench Knife Leather Replacement Scabbard - Marked Jewell 1918, international-military-antiques (29,804) 99.4%, US WW1 Jewell 1918 Scabbard Sheath for Trench Fighting Knife, France WW1 Genuine Trench fighting Knife Soldier 1914-1918 War with scabbard, ww2 GERMAN Soldier's Knife IRON Cross WWII ww1 WWI GERMANY Trench ART 1914-1918, WWI US M1910 Bayonet & Scabbard Field Modified to Trench Fighting Knife (SA 1918, US WW1 M1910 Bolo Trench Knife Canvas Scabbard Cover 1918 Dated No Insert, WW1 German Trench Art Letter Opener Dagger Knife from Shrapnel 1914 1918 copper, rad.militaria.and.collectibles (1,031) 100%. Stunningly replicated, the 1918 US Knuckle Duster Trench Knife is an imposing tool. Cannot be reserved for international shipping, Windlass Rustblocker Special Offer (Reg $24.95) [+$21.95], Windlass & Flitz Care Kit Special Offer (Reg $26.95) [+$21.95]. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalised tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. 1918 fonts sizes too. However, how nice of a Schrade knife you have is also dependent on what era the knife came from. Thank you Atlanta Cutlery ! Military Trench Fighting Knife W/ Leather Sheath As-Is, WW1 1918 Trench Periscope R&J Beck MK IX No:-19954, Original-Brazilian army trench knife 70's to 90's IMBEL itajub bayone, WWII M6 Leather Sheath Scabbard for M3 Trench Knife US Paratrooper (3pcs set), WWI 1918 ANTIQUE GERMAN TRENCH ART BRONZE LIGHTER RARE, WWII trench Knife RIA 1906 Cut Down M1 GARAND WW2 dagger, SOLDIERS WITH TRENCH KNIFE ,Spare bayo , ITALIAN FRONT, NEW 6 X 4 PHOTO WW1 TRENCH WAREFARE WESTERN FRONT 1918 110, ANTIQUE WW 2 THEATER TRENCH ART COMBAT FIGHTING BOWIE KNIFE HAND MADE KNIVES, SOLDIER with TRENCH KNIFE , 501 REGIMENT , TANK, TANKER, WW1 Original screw top for British Toffee Apple 1914-1918 Trench mortar, Geman army trench knife marked " hat " 1942, US Antique WW1 WW2 Custom Made Trench Art Fighting Knife Stiletto Dagger, Trenches Ypres WW1 Underwood Original stereoscope photos 12307 1914-1918, Rare WW2-Robeson-U.S. M3 R.C. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our Cookie Policy unless you have disabled them. For the Au Lion and L. F. & C series, the markings are a bit centered rather than being too off to one side. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Why You Need to Separate the Real from The Fakes. Definitely would carry this in the trenches. Operation Homecoming: The Return of American POW's. This is not a cheap copy and makes a terrific addition to any knife collection. & S. & O.C. The blade has no stamps or markings and both sides are still sharp. French, US, British ? This does not impact the price of the item youre buying and it supports me to keep creating the content that you love. Finish is (I'm being generous) not so hi quality as a collector would want. There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than U.S. dollars and are approximate conversions to U.S. dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. Plus, I am still looking for an O.C.L. Souvenir de France. Guaranteed Authentic. M1917 trench knife designed by Henry Disston & Sons, and based on examples of trench knives then in service with the French Army. The Au Lion type (A Lion in repose stamped on the ricasso). Stunningly replicated, the 1918 US Knuckle Duster Trench Knife is an imposing tool. replica Tommy's , 1911's and revolvers and I wanted to add the trench knife to my theme as criminals in those days had nasty weapons from the 1st world War at their disposal. and is marked as such on the handle. Naval Cutlass Sword with Scabbard, Kukris M1937 Knife, 13" Blade Deluxe Model. It is knives like these that make some people on the outside question why Case knives are so expensive when they are just a great value for their money. Because, we all know it was Jumped into Sicily or more likely Normandy if you shave off the guard, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. What are the bestselling trench knife 1918 available on Etsy? They range from rough to smooth casted/finished and everything in between. 1914 1918. The Case Kodiak is one of the most interesting exports from the company and continues to command a high price today. ?Originally manufactured for US forces in WWI by LF&C, some were used through WWII. It is a not uncommon side effect of having a metal blade with a metal scabbard. The blade itself is made of high carbon steel and is fully capable of taking an edge; however, as it is a thicker metal a grinder is generally required for the first sharpening. Thank you very much for your review, although we do apologize for some of the issues you had with your order. This Mark I Trench Knife is clearly marked in two lines in the brass grip: U. S. 1918 / L. F. & C. / 1918. ", FAIRBAIRN SYKES | Handmade 1095 Steel Dagger | Brass Guard Brass Pommel Knife | Birthday Knife Gift | WW2 Commando Dagger Knife, Looks like you already have an account! I dont have a buyer in that area, or even close to you, Tim. Meets all criteria for authentic. Theres the kind with the two grooves on the back-strap of the brass (the French made ones are brass, the U.S. made ones are bronze) handle and the kind without the grooves (see photo below). The staff at Atlanta were great, shipping was made easy, refund was timely. No signs of sharpening. 1918 us trench knife original Bayonet, Trench Knife, Pliers, and Trench Bayonet, Trench Knife, Pliers, and Trench Mirror, a Model 1905 bayonet with wood grip and steel blade, a Model 1918 trench knife and scabbard, U.S. marked COVID-19 Update:Our showroom is open Tues - Sat 9-5. Hassle Free 30 Day. Thats all for now, I hope this thread has spared your finances and perhaps some dignity as well. I may have to move up to Oneida, NY and live there till I can make nice with the locals for one of their lunchbox specials. Thank you for showing off your impressive O.C.L. This is excellent workmanship! The brass grips were marked U.S. 1918 and with the makers name or initials. Top quality, looks great on my wall.Thanks. The company behind these knives got the contract just as WWI was ending as are other such, their contract was canceled. But if you find an, Thank you for that. With over 1.2 million ordered, only about 119,000 were produced before the war ended. Always exercise caution in these cases. Great! WWI Trench Art Ring. I have to believe there are more in the old homes around the area. That they need the money and are selling you the original stuff anyway; That they dont know what they have at hand and are selling for what they think its worth; or. WWI Trench Art Paper knife. This knife comes from the collection of renown World War Two knife collector and author Greg Aloisio. Yes, the O.C.L Variant remains my White Whale. Authentic WWI U.S. Trench Knife Dated 1918 Description: Welcome! It's a display type of this knife, you would damaged if you try to sharpen it! Some of the bestselling trench knife 1918 available on Etsy are: Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! Thats why this thread was created, ideally members may now look through the examples posted and fish for themselves instead of asking for a fish. I Trench Knife being offered for sale and you want to know if it is an original or if its just another well aged reproduction. WWI Trench Art Paper knife. Copper. Besides the obvious, being that you want to know if what you have is genuine or not, there are a series of other important reasons why you need to tell the real and fake knives apart. Be first to know about the new products and get exclusive offers. Or fellow members may simply inform the person asking about a suspect knife to simply review this thread. Dagger type 1918 with leather sheath WoodlanderFrance $138.97 US Antique WW1 WW2 Custom Made Trench Art Knife Stiletto Dagger GiftsUkrBoutique (124) $475.00 Vintage restored WW1 WW2 Collins 1005 Engineer bolo machete ORCutlery (11) $275.00 Trench knife for LARP, EVA foam KingdomMadeOfEVA (63) $39.00 FREE shipping Most places where I see these knives listed for sale have them going for no less than $900 apiece, and that is with some conservative pricing. Dummy and Inert Grenades, Mortars & Rockets, Buttplates, Grips, Stocks, Forends & Handguards, Rocket Launcher, Bazooka, Cannon and Mortar Parts, Women's Tactical Gear, Accessories & Gifts, Flags, Stamps, Decals, Posters & Wallcharts, Everyday Carry Knives, Tools & Accessories, M6 Leather Scabbard for the M3 Trench Knife, WWI German Trench Knife and Boot Scabbard, 1860 U.S. Its just another fantasy piece, which never contemporarily existed. This replica 1918 US Knuckle Duster Trench Knife is one devastating tool. This knife is better than what I could ever imagine. With a good eye for details, though, you would soon pick out the differences between the originals and the reproduction. (displays a limited sampling of the millions of priced results in our database), many more examples with full details are available to our members - Learn more, Bayonet, Trench Knife, Pliers, and Trench, US M 1917-1918 Trench Knife, American Cutlery, US M 1917-1918 trench knife, Oneida Community, US M 1917-1918 trench knife, Landers Frary, US M 1917-1918 Trench Knife with scabbard, WWI M-1918 Trench Fighting Knife and Scabbard, US Mark I M 1918 Trench Knife: marked "US, FOUR COLLECTIBLE KNIVES: US model 1918 style. Here is a selection of four-star and five-star reviews from customers who were delighted with the products they found in this category.